PDA

View Full Version : Combat Boot Camp

Miriad
2013-04-09, 12:23 PM
I wish to test the combat ability of my character before using it in an actual game. Other than using a encounter table is there anyway for me to generate different kind of common battles to help me see how well could the character do ingame?

So far this is the different encouters I think I should build:

Wilderness Test
Dungeon Test
NPC got angry Test
Mercenaries

The Character in question is lvl 9.

Slipperychicken
2013-04-09, 12:32 PM
Post the stats here so we can just tell you? Include modifiers for any skills you put ranks into.

It ultimately depends on your modifiers, what you're trying to accomplish, and how much the GM hates you. As long as the group is following the rules, you can get a pretty good idea of how things will go.

It also depends on what kind of game you're playing. For example, a character who is excellent in a diplomatic politics campaign might be lacklustre in a zombie apocalypse. So see if you have that info too.

Miriad
2013-04-09, 12:37 PM
The game is similar to the times of the Inquisition. Necromancers are being haunted and killed by the church of Heironeous. They are of course killing innocent wizards simply because the end justifies the means.

This is my sheet:

7TH-52 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=508892)
- Lawful Neutral Maug (Construct) Artificer (Maug2/LA3/Artificer4, Level 6, Init +14, HP 64/64, DR 1/Slash Blud, Speed 50/35
AC 33, Touch 13, Flat-footed 30, Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +7, Base Attack Bonus 4
Golden Minotaur Greathammer +2 (Sunder: 1d20 + 26) 16 (3d8+17, 19-20/x4)
Schythe MW 14 (2d6+15, x4)
Slam 14 (1d8+5/15, x2)
Reinforced (+1 AC) Mithral Mechanus Gear,
Caster's Shield +1 (10 hp)[/B]
(+11 Armor, +2 Shield, +3 Dex, -1 Size, +7 Natural, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 30, Dex 16, Con -, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 10

Feats:
Flaw: Extend Spell
Bonus: Alertness
1: EWP (Heavy Minotaur Greathammer)
3: Item Familiar
4(Bonus): Craft Construct
6: Persist Metamagic

Special Abilities:
Pulverize (Su): 3/day Fort 18
Rapid Repair (Ex)
Locking Hand x2 (Climb +10, Disarm +10)
Darkvision 60'
Trapfinding

Skills: (I only listed the ones I actually use)
Balance: 5
Climb: 20
Decipher Script: 8
Disable Device: 9 (Our party rogue died and rolled a paladin, I started ranking search and disable device recently)
Handle Animal: 1
Jump: 15
K (Arcana): 9
K (The Planes): 9
Knowledge (Arch & Eng): 13
K (Nature) 7
K (Dung): 5
K (Religion): 5
Collector of Stories (2)
Tome of Wordly Memory (Std Action = +5 any knowledge)
Listen: 8
Open Lock: 7
Profession (Siege Engineer): 6 (For fluff mostly, also I want to use some Explosive packs from Secrets of Sarlona
Profession (Soldier): 6
Search: 6
Spellcraft: 12
Spot: 13
Tumble: 7
UMD: 22

Guiseppe (Item Familiar)
Special Abilities:
- Minotaur Greathammer (+2 vs sunder opposed rolls)
- Gold
- Pure Ore
- Everbright (immune to acid & rust)
- Improved Initiative
- Improved Sunder
- Combat Reflexes
- Detect Magic at Will
- Detect Secret Doors at Will
- Blindsighted (Blindsight 30')
- Wand Chamber
- Spellblade: Desintegrate
Enchantments:
Transmuting (+2)
Crystal of Return

Ego: 17
Saves: F:4 R:4 W:4

Flaw: Headless:

While your head is no longer attached to your shoulders, it does not mean you are without a head, just that it can be removed with enough force. Most characters will choose to leave their head in its rightful place on their shoulders, but a headless character may remove their head at will. Whenever a character with this flaw takes bludgeoning or force damage, he or she must make a Fortitude or Reflex Save against the damage or their head falls off and lands randomly in an adjacent square. If a character's head is removed from the shoulders during combat, but the head can see the enemy, the enemy is treated as having partial concealment (20% miss chance). If the enemy is no longer visible, the body is treated as blind (50% miss chance). A headless character's body and head still function as normal, including speaking, bodily movement, and any forms of consumption.

I am a very literal construct. I do not use diplomatic skills at all. I do not bluff, or sense motive at all. I do not lie. When I am asked something I answer in the easiest and simplest way. This makes my character terrible at relating with NPCs and such. My concern is that some Fanatic might tag me as some sort of undead/lifeless creature and attempt to kill me. So I do expect to have to fight a paladin/cleric at some point.

Also my character does not hide the fact that he is an Artificer nor does he disguise himself. He does not wish to pretend to be something he is not. Because of this I get a lot of stares and glares around people.

Being an artificer my inventory is HUGE. Should I list that too?

TuggyNE
2013-04-09, 07:33 PM
Headless is actually a homebrew trait (from dandwiki, to be precise), not a flaw.

On the upside, being a construct is one of the cases it might actually make some vague sort of sense, almost.

Miriad
2013-04-09, 08:56 PM
Headless is actually a homebrew trait (from dandwiki, to be precise), not a flaw.

On the upside, being a construct is one of the cases it might actually make some vague sort of sense, almost.

I know its a trait but it was given to me as a flaw.

Nagukuk
2013-04-10, 10:23 AM
Seems to me YOU would have a difficult time hitting YOUR own AC. at lvl 6

Why don't you just stand still and lecture the Paladin / cleric trying to kill you for what ever reason... You have broken no law have not disregarded their virtues done evil etc, perhaps they are doing so by attacking you un provoked perhaps they are falling even now.

Other wise hit them with your retarded strength and your giant hammer until they stop.