PDA

View Full Version : Operation Elrood [ic]

Pages : [1] 2

shizukanashi
2013-04-09, 01:31 PM
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/7217443/star_wars_logo_640_large_verge_medium_landscape.jp g

As the Rebels continue their desperate campaign against the Evil Galactic Empire, they need every ally they can get. Now, in the remote area of space known as the Elrood sector, the Rebel Alliance has reached an agreement to trade the services of its scouting teams for a percentage of the precious metals and minerals recovered by the Radell Mining Corporation. Since the Rebellion is so desperately short on raw materials, this deal is very important to the Alliance High Command.

You don't know all the details but your mission is simple. The Gray Griffons, an Alliance scouting team loaned to Radell, have been captured by pirates and are being held for ransom. You must rescue the Griffins and secure any new worlds they may have claimed for Radell Mining.

For the full briefing, you've got a meeting later today. You're supposed to be meeting with Jameth Todkal, a Radell executive who works on the 28th floor of the Radell Mining Corporation's headquarters in the center of the capitol city Elrooden.

First, however you are supposed to establish contact with Shondra Del, a Rebel operative here in Elrooden. She runs a cover operation called Gywynn Dispatch that matches up cargos with freighter captains. You have an address and a phrase that will identify you as the rescue team: "We are former business partners from Keyorin."

Your cover identities have gotten you through Customs with no problems, but the Alliance didn't warn you about the Star Destroyer orbiting the planet. You begin to wonder what else they didn't warn you about.....

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090911003850/starwars/images/5/5f/ImpStarDestroyer-TSS.jpg

shizukanashi
2013-04-22, 12:23 AM
Act One: Industrial Intrigue
Episode One: Defusing the Situation

You pile off the mass transport and into the starport. Hiring transport was not your idea, it was your commanding officers. "Better for keeping a low profile" he said "Easier to get through customs." You find yourself in that queue now as you pass through a room lined with Imperial clerks and guard that eye you suspiciously, until you come to an officer.

http://www.shadowdalecreations.com/imperial_officer_1.jpg

The Elrood Sector is on the end of Imperial Space so far out from the Core worlds that it is almost in the Outer Rim, luckily that means Imperial law is somewhat more lack here and your weapons and armor do not cause any trouble as you pass through the glaring eye of the customs inspector. He does however take a close look at your forged identifications and imperial weapons licenses.

"Security for RMC hmm?" He says with a frown, and just when you think the jig is up "Yes, quite good then. The poor fools have been having trouble with rebel terrorist cells of late. Three mine collapse in the last standard month alone. I hope you live through the week. These rebel scumbags are particularly nasty. Welcome to Elrooden City." His grimace does not change.

The contact point your misson briefing gave you is only a short monorail ride from the starport, and you file into the rail car. The first thing you notice about Elrooden is how clean and pristine everything is. There are gardens and crystal windows everywhere, though it is a back water world it could easily fit in with the core worlds in riches and glamour both. The people are generally well off and you find it hard to believe such a beautiful place could have such trouble with terrorism. Its not the Rebels as you know, that part was just propaganda, but your report tells you that Randell Mining Company is plagued with attacks of late. That is part of why you are here.

When the rail finally comes to a stop you find yourself in the spacer sector, not far from your point of arrival. Infact you can still see the Stardock in the distance on the horizon. Gwynn Dispatch is around here somewhere.

http://3danimation.e-spaces.com/3danimation/hidef/cgfuture_city.jpg

kobywan
2013-04-22, 01:16 AM
Arcadian smiles as the Imperial Officer spews his propaganda before saying. Here's hoping I can survive to see the scum taken care of. He grabs his spacer chest by the handles and walks off towards the rail car.

Arcadian is quite taken by the picturesque planet and spends most of the ride looking at the surroundings. The structures here are amazing but look like they would be prone to explosives, all that glass and exposed supports. Hopefully the mines are made of sturdier material.

Exiting the rail car the ex-miner looks around for an information kiosk. Finding one he begins to look up the address for Gywynn Dispatch. He tries not to look to suspicious but having his back turned to a large crowd like that makes him nervous.

Per To search for address = [roll0]
Wild Die[roll1]

LtPowers
2013-04-22, 07:48 AM
Kazzarfisa remains puzzled why the Alliance would send a Wookiee to an Imperial world, but she breathes a sigh of relief when the customs inspector doesn't bat an eye at her presence. He must have assumed she was someone's slave.

Ugh.

The gleaming metal of the city does little to improve her comfort level. She feels out of place in this sparkling city with its pristine buildings and carefully maintained green spaces. She can easily imagine every being they pass looking at her and wondering if 'that beast' will get hair on their clean white surfaces.

And in at least some cases it probably isn't her imagination.

Unfamiliar with the city's addressing system, she lets the others navigate and, if need be, ask for directions. The sooner they could get back into space, the better.

Kazzarfisa

Dax Thura
2013-04-22, 12:05 PM
Thrynn gawked at everything at the starport like he was a young man away from the homestead for the first time. Even though he had been to a multitude of planets and starports, it was a roll that he still played well. While looking around, he took note of the security and layout. He had Blue, his R2 droid, make recordings and work out some emergency escape routes.
He has had plenty of time to get a feel for his companions. Arcadian has a storm of anger and sadness inside him and that turmoil worries Thrynn. He is more comfortable with the rest of the team.
Elrooden is a very clean place. He looks forward to experiencing it.

snoopy13a
2013-04-22, 04:54 PM
Cecily

Exiting the rail car onto the city street, Cecily masked her unease with a casual smile. She had not worked with this team before, which was not a good thing in this sort of game. Still the woman, the nondescript man, and the Wookiee seemed to be experienced. She wasn't sure about the man with the R2 unit. She hoped that his starstruck act at the Starport was actually an act, but Rebel Command was full of fools, so sending a rookie on this mission wouldn't be a shock.

Further, this operation seemed laden with mystery. Pirates were never beings to be trifled with, and the heavy Imperial presence hadn't helped her confidence any. Plus there might be another player in this hand: those mysterious bombers that the creepy Imp mentioned? Or maybe not . . . that could be the work of those pirates or even Imperial Intelligence.

On the bright side, it was nice out. That made her smile a tad bit honest. The city, while modern and pretty, did give off the appearance of trying too hard. It looked alike to many cities Cecily had visited in the Core, but it seemed a bit off, simply not the same authenticity. Perhaps they have an inferiority complex towards the Core Worlds? Or maybe resentment?

Cecily noticed the nondescript man walking over to an information kisok--presumably to garner where this Shondra Del clown's office is. Hopefully, it won't take too long. Their group did stand out a little though--four humans, a Wookiee, and two droids--and perhaps others might notice. Might as well take a quick glance to see if anyone's interested in them. Cecily bent over--as to tie her boot--and made what appeared to be a casual glance around.

Perception (search) at 4D6
[roll0]

Wild die if necessary [roll1]

Gorgon_Heap
2013-04-22, 04:55 PM
Lt. Korri Tevv was not particularly impressed with Elrooden. Oh, it was certainly neat and lovely in a clinical, gentrified sort of way, but from what she was seeing it would be a terrible place for combat ops.

Insertion had gone as easily as she could have hoped, and she'd even resisted shooting that Imp official in the face. A good start.

The more they stand around, however, the more they would be noticed, she knew. Individually some us stand out, but together ... Kazz would be remembered, and she was fully cognizant of the ragged scars marring her own chocolate-colored face. She glances around, looking for public cameras or sensor devices.

The moment Arcadian reports the address of the Dispatch, she says, "Right. Let's pair off and take a stroll. No reason to go everywhere in one group. Take a look around, get a sense of the place. Let's all try to be there in under an hour."

She looks at Arcadian and the terminal and then turns her attention to Kazzarfisa. "I don't suppose you can erase the memory of that search?"

Hope y'all don't mind if I just grab the bantha by the horns and run with it here. I don't want to stall out from directionlessness. I don't know if Korri is team leader or not, but if not let's just say this was all a polite suggestion rather than an order.

:smallsmile:

LtPowers
2013-04-29, 11:04 AM
Kazzarfisa pondered. Not a bad idea, but having a Wookiee do it might be too conspicuous, especially on an Imperial planet.

Sighing, she detaches a handheld device from her bandolier and speaks into it. "I could try, but it might call more attention to us than simply leaving it be." After a pause, the transliterator emits the same sentence in Basic, using a pleasing human-like alto voice.

Nonetheless, if the others think it worth the risk, she'll give it a go.

Kazzarfisa

snoopy13a
2013-04-29, 01:04 PM
"Right. Let's pair off and take a stroll. No reason to go everywhere in one group. Take a look around, get a sense of the place. Let's all try to be there in under an hour."

"Sure."

Motioning to her droid to follow, Cecily extracted herself from the group. According to the directions, the office was about a 10 minute walk away. So, she had a bit of time to kill.

First things, first, she needed a nice cup of caf. The Rebels couldn't be trusted to provide such essentials so she'd have to procure one herself.A nearby caf-shop fit the bill and after five minutes--and less one credit--
Cecily emerged with a hot, caffeinated beverage.

Cecily spent the next 30 minutes or so enjoying her caf and admiring some of the public gardens. Once satisfied that the rest of the group was nearing the destination, she walked over to Shondra Dal's office.

[OOC: Assuming that there are no surprises, I'll head over to the office and meet the other members in roughly an hour ]

shizukanashi
2013-04-29, 03:05 PM
The district around your stop is known as the spacer district. It is lined with businesses that cater to spacers: cheap hotels, cheaper restaurants and taverns, cargo companies, shipwrights offices, and various shops that sell space suits, astrogation charts, and other essentials for the freighter tramps. There is much to do and the hour passes quickly.

Cecily and her droid are the first to arrive, but the others follow soon enough. The front office of Gwynn dispatch has a dozen chairs and a long counter. Three grubby looking spacers are sitting on the row of chairs discussing recent events.

(jokingly)"Even that new Star Destroyer in Orbit ain't gonna slow down dem pirate attacks. Empires lost three ships in the past week. That a crafty fella leading dem pirates that is."

"There's no truth to that Coburn. There was ONE pirate attack and the TIE's chased him off. That Star Destroyer is just stopped off on its way out to the rim."

Now I heard there were two attacks, and the Empire only lost one ship. That's strait from a friend of mine who knows a pilot whats cousins with someone it ICF." (Imperial Cargo Fleet)

Behind the counter is a portly woman with red hair and spacer garb on. She looks up from a computer screen and notices you. Handing you a datapad she say "You're new here. I'll need you to fill this out. Do you need or have cargo?"

Meanwhile the spacer have changed the topic.

"Frieght in the whole sector is slow. The growing season on Coyn is over, nobody's buying electronics out of Torina, and Derilyns is still closed off to outside shipping. Its grim pickin's out there."

"Boy that's the truth. Even Elrood customs have been especially tight, what with all the bombings in Randells Mines."

kobywan
2013-04-29, 08:00 PM
Arcadian sets his trunk down with a thump drawing looks from those in the room. He smiles are he looks around. Going to have to get those three out of here for a moment to be able to identify ourselves to Del. He thinks as he scans the room.

Walking over to the three as they chat he puts an exasperated look on his face. Hey Chummers, mind helpin me out? Boss here wants me ta find a spot ta have some food and a drink after were done here. Shes a bit picky though. He says rolling his eyes. Think you can take me ta the best place in this district? Theres a drink in it for each of ya if ya can help me.

Dax Thura
2013-04-30, 01:24 AM
"Cargo? What do you have? We're the best crew in the galaxy. Able to move any cargo from Core to Rim." Boasts Thrynn. "We even have former business partners from Keyorin."

shizukanashi
2013-04-30, 02:35 AM
The spacers take Arcadian's bait. "Free drinks huh? Yeah..yeah I know a place C'mon Coburn, we'll take 'em to the Weasel." He stands and the other two follow.

Weasel? that's the best place? We should take him to Tamarie's."

"Tamaries!? That place is a dump! HyperJump! that's the best spot on the strip...if you got the creds."

They follow Arcadian out of the lobby.

The woman behind the counter seems exasperated with your bravado. "Best in the business yadda yadda. I heard it before. 'Till you prove it, you're just another Mynock with a Nav computer. sigh Fill out form 2b and 37c and I'll see if I got a shipment of fruit or something for your first run for us. Do a good job and I might have somet....hey wait did you say you had a business partner from Keyorin?" He glum disposition changes in an instant. "Your Shondra's friends aren't you? I've been expecting you. She left a message for you." Suddenly she is smiling and jolly as she turns and starts digging through boxes, papers and various starship parts on the shelves behind her. She seems to have forgotten hooking you up with a cargo. "I bet you she told you she owns the place huh? Well she's just an invester, it's my name on the door! I am Gwynn, welcome to Gwynn Dispatch! If you got something that needs to be shipped or are looking for a cargo I'm the person to call!" She hands you a business card and as soon as you touch it a holographic image of the Logo outside hovers above it. She then turns again and continues to turn over tools, cans of grease, and various logs and ledgers as she talks. "Now where did I put that thing? Sorry for the mess, business has been slow since Derilyn. I've had to expand. In addition to courier services, I also have a mechanic bay and sell parts, sometimes undeliverable cargos. Hey! You wouldn't happen to need a Bespin City Snowglobe would ya? No? How about 400 gross? Didn't think so....So how long have you known ol' Shondra? How did you nice folks hook up with a Hutt in Human clothing like that?" She chuckles at her own joke.

LtPowers
2013-04-30, 07:14 AM
Kazzarfisa mutters something in Shyriiwook about disorganization and lack of respect, then plops down in a chair while she waits for this strange woman to get her act together.

Kazzarfisa

Gorgon_Heap
2013-04-30, 07:36 AM
Korri doesn't see the men in the store as a threat and so ignores them, and she doesn't give a second thought to he messy state of the place.

Once Gwynn starts opening up Korri simply stands back and lets the more outgoing members of the group discover what they can. She makes idle chatter and occasionally glances out a window (from a meter back - not face to the glass) to see who and what is going on outside.

Dax Thura
2013-04-30, 09:10 AM
Thrynn takes the card and plays with it a bit, making the logo appear and disappear a few times before handing it off to anyone else who might want it. "Gwenn's Dispatch. Got it." He then allows the others to answer Gwenn's other questions.

snoopy13a
2013-04-30, 09:55 AM
"I bet you she told you she owns the place huh? Well she's just an invester, it's my name on the door! I am Gwynn, welcome to Gwynn Dispatch! If you got something that needs to be shipped or are looking for a cargo I'm the person to call!" She hands you a business card and as soon as you touch it a holographic image of the Logo outside hovers above it. She then turns again and continues to turn over tools, cans of grease, and various logs and ledgers as she talks. "Now where did I put that thing? Sorry for the mess, business has been slow since Derilyn. I've had to expand. In addition to courier services, I also have a mechanic bay and sell parts, sometimes undeliverable cargos. Hey! You wouldn't happen to need a Bespin City Snowglobe would ya? No? How about 400 gross? Didn't think so....So how long have you known ol' Shondra? How did you nice folks hook up with a Hutt in Human clothing like that?" She chuckles at her own joke.

Suppressing a grimace, Cecily smiled and prepared to fight fire with fire.

Cecily steps forward and exclaims in a Corellian accent, "Oh, Shondra? The Skipper and her go way back." Cecily thumbs her hand backwards in a gesture that could point to any of the other crew.

"I've only met her once or twice though. Oh, I'm sorry; I haven't introduced myself. I'm Padme Antilles, purchasing agent for the Century Eagle."

"Oh no, I'm Corellian; my parents just named me after the war-hero. Kinda annoying though. Half the girls in my class were named "Padme."

"Anyway, the Skip's a bit traditional about dealing with old business partners. Said 'Shondra's done us well in the past.'" "So, we're here to see what Shondra can do for us. So that message will be real helpful for us."

"But you said you had some 'undeliverables?' We're headed Coreward in a few weeks so maybe we'll be able to find places for those odds and ends? "

kobywan
2013-04-30, 01:49 PM
Arcadian walks back into the room after being gone for a few minutes. Looks like the HyperJump is the place to be boss. Price is a bit steep but I think you will like it. Cost me ten cred just to buy thoes three drinks. He says as he walks in.

Scanning the room once more for threats he takes a seat on his spacer chest and waits for any further information.

shizukanashi
2013-04-30, 03:34 PM
It is clear that Gwynn is not listening to closely, caught up in her own words and the quest for the message. Cecily's explanation amuses and her and quells her queries. She continues "Shondra comes around once every week or so, although she doesn't keep a regular schedule. He last stop was..9? days ago, so I expect her back any day now. Ah here it is!" She hand Thyrnn a hand held holograph projector that appears to contain a single file.

snoopy13a
2013-04-30, 09:23 PM
Nine days missing? Not a great omen, Cecily thought. Pretending to look at her timepiece, Cecily exclaims in a somewhat nervous voice, "Oh no! We forgot about the appointment! Uh Skip? we better hurry if we're going to meet that shipyard tech; you remember, the one who's going to check out our hyperdrive!?"

Returning focus to Gwynn, in a friendly but frazzled voice, "Well, thank you so much for your help, but we have to go! I forgot about an important meeting!! But we'll be back in touch before we head Coreward so we can take a look at your undeliverables! Take care and clear skies!!"

Cecily ushered the rest of the group out of Gwynn's Dispatch. Once outside and out of earshot of passerbys, she spoke in a hushed whisper: "We need a place to watch this holo and fast. Del is two days late--that could mean the Imps are on to us!"

LtPowers
2013-04-30, 09:31 PM
Kazzarfisa folds her arms and looks at Cecily skeptically. :smallannoyed: "No jumping to conclusions," she rumbles in Shyriiwook.

Kazzarfisa

kobywan
2013-04-30, 10:01 PM
We could head to one of the cantinas the spacers mentioned. I would recommend Tamarie's, they all seemed rather indifferent to it. The first one they mentioned sounded too seedy and we might attract criminal attention and people already think we are going to the HyperJump. We could get a booth have a snack and check out the message.

If the group agrees Arcadian will lead the group to Tamarie's with his chest in tow.

shizukanashi
2013-05-01, 01:07 AM
Arcadian leads you to an out of the way bar called "Tamarie's" and just as promised it is exactly what he makes it to be. Indifferent. It's not to crowded so as to have to many curious eyes but its busy enough that a group of 6 that includes a droid and wookiee don't draw more than a few raised eyebrows. "Tamarie" appears to be a ship as there are many pictures of a Barloz (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Barloz-class_medium_freighter) class freighter on the walls labeled as such.

It is an imperial world and so aliens are rare. You are surprised to see a Turazza (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Turazza) running up and down the bar assisting the bartender, a grey haired human in a vest but no shirt underneath.

The best part of this bar is the way it is set up. There is a bar and a few tables set up in the main portion but there are also more private rooms, although open entryways with no closeable doors they do offer greater privacy and are large enough to contain a table and a few chairs even a couch with end tables. You quickly find an empty "stall" and find the opposite corner of the wall with the door to be hidden from anyone in the main bar. Placing the holodisk in your hand and pressing a small red button reveals an attractive but professional dark haired woman in civilian business attire.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/04/lm3labs-hologram-3.jpg

"Greetings, I am Shondra Del, captain of the freighter Stars of Elrood. I am your contact here in this sector. Sorry I could not be there to meet you today, but I've got my own...business to conduct. To keep it short, Elrood is not a place where folks like us are welcome. Keep your affiliations quiet. When you have concluded your...contract with Randell, report back here. If you run into trouble forward a message to me via the courier. Our dispatcher is not one of us, but is compassionate to our cause, and a good friend of mine. As always be discreet. There are all kinds of nosy people in this part of space, if you catch me. Be careful because I don't have the people to bail you out if you get in too deep, and as I already stated I am conducting my own business so I may not in for a while. Good luck.

She says the last two words with a wink and a smile, and you get the feeling that she meant to quote the customary battle cry of the Rebellion "May the force be with you." but bit her tongue in the name of secrecy.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-01, 10:37 AM
Korri grimaces. "Not very helpful."

She meets everyone's eyes. "We'll learn more at Radell Corporate, but I'd like to get a layout of the city first - and more importantly a good idea about that headquarters building.

There's every possibility we'll be going there more than once and that either Radell execs or Imp spooks will make us being there. I'd like an idea about the place's security, egresses and infrastructure. How is it connected to water, power, subways?

And can we get some background on employees who we can concievably be, uh, "mistaken" for?

I don't want to spend the time and energy to do this everywhere we go, but this is a huge complex with lots of possibilities. If nothing else we can use it as a rally point because hey, who would expect us to retreat there instead of some abandoned building?

Other thoughts?"

Atlas Veritas
2013-05-01, 12:33 PM
Embgard, or Embo to his owner, Cecily, watched the holo tape with the rest, he hadn't had much to do other than make several dozen scans of the local area every minute or so to keep his owner safe, but it was alright, nothing new there.

Mostly he just enjoyed the feeling of having recently had the last blaster burns buffed out of his chassis from the last "bit of light fun" his owner had proposed they engage in.

When the human who was pointed out to them as nominal leader of this band of mis-fits stated, "Not very helpful" he couldn't help but chuckle in his own mind about that, silly humans were very rarely "helpful" as far he could see.

When she asked for other thoughts, he felt he should add something useful.

"My owner here has many.... identities, that could come in handy, perhaps she and I should visit the local administration building and inquire about purchasing property near those places to build a business, and we would of course need to see the engineering specs for the local power, water, etc so we could tie in. This way we can get some idea as to what goes where. Or we go beat up and rob the local engineering team leader and take his holos of the city, your choice."

snoopy13a
2013-05-01, 01:57 PM
"Embo's plan sounds fine, outside of the robbing part. He's sometimes a bit . . . uncouth. It'll be a breeze. "

"Security's another question. Radell has managed to keep mines in that drift place secret. That means they're good."

"Still, my guess is that they keep the secrets offsite. Too easy to plant a corporate spy at HQ. So maybe HQ's security isn't that bad--because there's nothing there worth stealing."

"I could probably forge up some employee IDs, but I'll need something to work off of--and depending on the security--maybe a slicer for the back end. For info on actual employees, we'd probably need to slice their database or make contacts with someone who can; it won't be easy."

"How about Embo and me get the infrastructure information while the rest head to the meeting? You should be able to get a feel for their security. Plus, if we need to pull a con on Radell later, it's best if I don't go."

kobywan
2013-05-01, 02:28 PM
I've got a few years experience running a mining facility, nothing on the scale of Radell but I should be able to talk the talk. I can offer one thing, If your not early your late. Most business executives think their time is worth a tree on Coruscant. If we want to start on the right foot we need to be at our meeting early.

Arcadian will do what the group decides but he presses that they should show up for the meeting with Radell early.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-01, 02:53 PM
Korri listens carefully to Cecily and nods along. "That sounds good," she says, and waits for additional input, leaving details to the specialists.

LtPowers
2013-05-01, 04:24 PM
The Wookiee pilot pulls out a datapad. Pretending to check its contents, she makes a show of counting the heads of her companions, specifically excluding Cecily and the droid. She repeats these actions, and then mimes a confused look, as if to say: Where's the other one?

Kazzarfisa

Atlas Veritas
2013-05-02, 01:42 PM
Seeing the wookie look around in a bemused manner, then the head tilt made Embo curious as to what was bothering Kazzarfisa, it decided to inquire what was bothering her.

Switching to Shyriiwook he asked "What is the issue, is there something we missed?"

Knowledge (Languages) at 3D6
[4] [5] [2] (11)

OOC:I will leave it up to shizukanashi to make the determination of target level, and the aftermath.... unless he wants me to butcher my question in the OOC thread for group vote :-P

snoopy13a
2013-05-02, 08:16 PM
Cecily has no idea what Embo is saying. She has enough trouble understanding his Basic.

She turns to Korri, "Is it alright if me and Embo get started?"

LtPowers
2013-05-02, 08:22 PM
Switching to Shyriiwook he asked "What is the issue, is there something we missed?"

Kazzarfisa blinks, surprised the droid speaks her language. Still, she explains: "Just wondering - what happens when we show up with fewer people than expected?"

Kazzarfisa

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-02, 08:56 PM
Cecily has no idea what Embo is saying. She has enough trouble understanding his Basic.

She turns to Korri, "Is it alright if me and Embo get started?"

Ignoring the chattering between the wookie and droid, she says, "Please do-" She stops and look thoughtfully around the entire group. "Actually, I wonder if you have any suggestions for code phrases in open-channel communication.

We're here under a good cover as security officers, so discussion over comms has some leeway, but having codes for emergencies or updates can't hurt."

She seems eager to get under way, especially as much of this could have been handled before our arrival, but there'd been so little time ...

Dax Thura
2013-05-03, 01:18 AM
"Well we can't just hang around here waiting. Why not get to Randell and find out what they really want from us?"

kobywan
2013-05-03, 01:32 AM
I agree we need to move we can discuss details on the way. The transit here is so crowded we should be able to talk without anyone being able to understand us.

Atlas Veritas
2013-05-03, 11:18 AM
Embgard was impressed that Kazzarfisa had found such a simple but possibly major issue with the current plan, he quickly said to the group:

"Our wookie companion has noted a major issue with everyone else heading over with my master and I splitting off, they are expecting a group of a certain size, and we will be appearing with 2 fewer than they plan for? She would like to know what do we tell them?"

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-03, 11:49 AM
Korri seems more annoyed with the detail than anything. "Why would they expect all of us? You ever see a company invite all of a contractor's employees to the table, or just the negotiators?

Far as I'm concerned, Opsec trumps business protocol. And I don't think that's really an issue." She sends a questioning eye around, silently asking anyone with actual business experience if she's correct.

"If anybody asks, we tell the truth: We're here and we hit the ground running. We will proceed with our investigation in our own way with our own resources, not relying completely on the company. Otherwise Radell would have kept it in-house."

LtPowers
2013-05-03, 12:40 PM
The Wookiee shrugs, giving up. "You're the ones who'll have to explain it," she says. She also can't figure out why they're being so suspicious of Randell... they willingly contracted with the Rebel Alliance, after all.

She picks up the now-inactive holo-emitter and starts fiddling with it, trying to see if there's any interface besides the big red button. On a whim, she checks to make sure it wasn't tampered with or damaged, and if possible she tries to determine if there are any other recordings on it.

Barring that, she tries to figure out how to erase or record over the existing hologram.

Last die is the wild die.
Computer Programming/Repair: [roll0]
Wild die rerolls: [roll1]

Kazzarfisa

Dax Thura
2013-05-03, 01:00 PM
"You are all making this harder than it has to be. We were invited to talk to some exec from Radell, so we go talk to an exec from Radell. They invited us, so they have to explain to us what they want. Then we tell them we can give them everything they ask for and get to work. Simple." Thrynn starts walking, then Blue, his R2, beeps and he turns around and goes the right way.

kobywan
2013-05-03, 03:43 PM
Arcadian starts following behind Thrynn and Blue. Let just get moving people, we can discuss plans along the way.

snoopy13a
2013-05-03, 09:36 PM
Good luck in the meeting. Once done, let's meet up back here."

Turning to the droid, "Embo, we're heading out."

Cecily leaves the cantina and heads off to the city engineer's office.

shizukanashi
2013-05-04, 02:34 PM
Cecily and Embo

You bid the others farewell and head out. The engineering office is within walking distance from your location. When you arrive at the small non descript building tucked into a crevice between two other buildings you are greated by an ICE agent (Imperial Civilian Engineer) He looks at you with distain. "Yes ma'am. May I be of service?" The two security guards in the room take not of your droid, and shift uncomfortably.

Everybody else

http://blog.bt-store.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/2313glassshard_415x443.jpg

The Radell Mining Headquarters is a bit further and you have to take a hover taxi to get to the location, arriving on street level directly in front of the building and a large staircase leading to the main doors. The elongated pyramid shaped building is not particularly any fancier than the beauty of the rest of the buildings you have seen, but its 50 stories tower above any other buildings in the area. The building is surrounded by a large public park, and a 300 meter meter skywalk connects the building to an elevated monorail similar to the one you took from the spacedock when you arrived on planet.

1 Character point to the first person who can tell me the city the Real Life building pictured is in via the OOC thread.

snoopy13a
2013-05-04, 05:12 PM
Disdain? From some trumped-up backwater Imperial? Cecily suppress the urge to have Embo "thrash the peasants."

Raising her eyebrow, Cecily addresses the minor functionary in a slightly arrogant tone using an upper-class, Coruscanti accent.

"Such . . . pleasantries."

My good man, I require your assistance. I am Kennit Disant, development associate of Coruscant Holding Properties, Limited. I'm sure you've heard of us.

We are interested in investing in real property in this lovely, little city for development. Specifically, in your downtown area, in the vicinity of that medium-sized* building . . . Rendell, I believe it is called?

Before we make serious inquiries, however, we need to examine the infrastructure. Plumbing, electricity . . . but I don't need to tell you that. It is what you do, isn't it. Anyway, all I need is for my secretary droid [gesturing to Embo] to examine and download the infrastructure plans of that neighborhood. Then our engineers will be able to evaluate it and recommend whether or not we should invest.

There will be, of course, a suitable gratuity^ for your efforts. [addressing Embo] Droid? [Cecily gives Embo 50 credits for the bribe and motions the droid to give the money to the engineer.]

*Medium-sized to someone from Coruscant. Large for anyone else.

^Meaning a slight bribe, of course.

[Skills-wise, I'm not sure whether this would fall under Con or Persuasion. The "bribe" is to try and get a positive modifier. Anyway, my Con is 6D6 and Persuasion is 5D6. Once you make a determination, you can either roll for me or have me roll in the OOC thread.]

LtPowers
2013-05-04, 06:30 PM
If they just used trees, they wouldn't have to build their metal and durasteel so high, Kazzarfisa notes to herself. Still, she's been off Kashyyyk long enough to know this is an intentionally impressive building.

She does know enough not to lead the way. She follows behind, submissively, but taking note of as much as possible on the way.

Kazzarfisa

kobywan
2013-05-04, 10:17 PM
As the group approaches the building Arcadian squares his shoulders and begins to walk with a purpose. He approaches the receptionist beyond the door and waits for her to look up. May I help you? She says in an overly perky tone. Smiling Arcadian nods and says. We are here for a meeting with Jameth Todkal, could you point out the easiest route to the 28th floor please? He listens intently before enganing in a little small talk to keep the woman engaged and allow the others to do a quick scan of the lobby.

shizukanashi
2013-05-06, 02:18 AM
Cecily and Embo

The ICE agent smiles as he watches the credits roll from your credstick to his. "Ofcourse Ms. Disant, please right this way."

He leads you and Embo to a large computer data base and noting his lack of an I/O jack hooks him up to a few wires and cables. "That should do it, let me know when you are done."

After skiming through a litany of building codes and zoning regulations you finally begin to get at the information you need. Most of the city is hooked up electrically to a grid system that blankets the entire city at 30 meter intervals. There are multiple power plants throughout the system. Due the the tremendous redundancy it is almost impossible to cut power to anywhere in the capitol city. There are extensive sewers and even some that go underneath Radell Mining with access to its under basement. In a pinch one could easily sneak in and out of the building through this route.

The curious thing is that you can find no information on Radell mining in the system. No blueprints, no photos, no contacts no information at all. It appears that the all the files on Radell were either corrupted or outright deleted from the system early this morning.

Everybody else

The pretty young woman smiles wide at Arcadian "yes ofcourse I have your appointment right here, Mr. Todkal is expecting you." She eyes Kazza nervously but looking down at here datapad she waves off the security guards who also take an interest in the wookiee. "Right this way please." She leads you down a great hallway lined with statues, holoart and elaborate wall hanging and finally to a pair of Turbolifts and you begin to take note of how tight security is on the building. Guards are posted at every entrance, and many important points in the lobby. The guards at the turbolifts check your I.D.s before letting you board. The Radell Mining logo is splashed everywhere, from the tiles on the floor to every doorway and the turbolifts, even the gaudy waste containers display a Yellow and Blue "RADELL" with a swirl and a artistic rentering of a solar flare.

As you step onboard the lift you are greeted by a bright orange servant droid. "Greetings I am SE4-T25 Servant Droid, my that is a fine suit you are wearing sir." He says to Arcadian "I am programed to assist you and answer any questions you may have, may I assist you with you cargo, sir." He says noting spacer chest that Thrynn is carrying with him.

kobywan
2013-05-06, 02:40 AM
Arcadian leaves assessing the security of the surroundings to the pros and continues to chat with the receptionist.

Reaching the lift he steps on. Uhm Thanks, its comfortable. Arcadian says to the droid. Anything you can tell us about Radell while we make the trip up the lift?

shizukanashi
2013-05-06, 03:32 AM
"Yes sir, I am programed to divulge a plethora of information regarding the operation of Randell Mining. For instance Randell HQ has 55 floors that include shipping and receiving, offices, visitor appartments for important guest, and Managers suites on the upper levels. Your appointment is on the 28th floor upper management offices."

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-06, 05:05 PM
Korri remains silent as they travel through the building, but tries to note everything from exits to open spaces and choke points to the frequency and location of emergency equipment (alarms, sensors, hoses or sprinklers, etc.)

She also notes approximate numbers and overall complacency of employees and security personnel.

Trapped at the back of the lift, she levels a withering glare at the back of Arcadian's head as he encourages the droid to make annoying smalltalk.

DM
Not sure if you want a roll for analyzing security. Tactics? Command?

First is Wild

Tactics:Squads [roll0]
Command [roll1]

shizukanashi
2013-05-06, 06:48 PM
All of those things are present. The only doors you can see are the large doors you entered through but you are also aware of the skywalk that extends over the park although you cant see the entrance from the lobby. There were trucks out back so you assume there is also a loading bay somewhere at the back of the building.

The employees seem to be going about their business cheerfully, but guards are stationed at the entrance and the turbolifts. There also seems to be a number of 3 man patrols. All guards where blue and tan uniforms with the Radell logo.

There appears to be a set of turbolifts in the very center of the building that run the entire height of the building. The 28th floor has one center "room" containing the tubolifts and a dozen or so doors along all 4 walls. As you step out of the turbolift you are greeted by a short man in a stylish suits exiting one of the doors to your right. "Welcome! My namne is Jameth Todkal. I am glad you could make it."

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/nyul/nyul1007/nyul100700308/7400657-happy-businessman-with-gray-hair-and-glasses-sitting-at-office-desk-smiling-and-looking-at-camera.jpg

He is wiry and physically fit; premature graying hints at the incredible stress his job must inflict on him, but he is enthusiastic and very animated. Clearly happy to see you. Please follow me to a private room where we can discuss matters."

He turns and leads your team to a spartan conference room. A dark wood table surrounded by a score of blue and tan chairs dominates the chamber. The walls of this room are covered in very large windows offering a splendid view of the park and city below. "Please take a seat, and we will get started."

The room is nice the table expensive and the rug decorative. The windows appear to be computerized and can darken for privacy and may even have the capacity to turn into view screens for presentations, or just a virtual fishtank. The amenities are nice but the room is otherwise empty.

snoopy13a
2013-05-06, 07:15 PM
After the plans are downloaded, Cecily motions to Embo to leave.

My thanks. Cecily remarks to the engineer as she and Embo exit the office.

The two return to the cantina where the group had previously met. Seeing herself a little low on funds, Cecily looks around for a Sabacc game to kill time until the group returns. Unfortunately, the cantina is fairly dead so Cecily sits up at the bar and orders a "Queen Amidala" (non-alcoholic drink, think Star Wars equivalent of a "Shirley Temple"--originally created as a cocktail for the teenage Naboo politician).

Turning her attention back to the bartender, she asks if he knows of any sabacc rooms in the city.

Dax Thura
2013-05-06, 11:56 PM
Thrynn instructs Blue to record as much as he can of the Radell compound, but don't intrude into their systems. He moves along quietly with the others and when asked for help with his chest, he gives it over.

At the meeting, he seems to barely pay attention, being awed by his surroundings.

shizukanashi
2013-05-07, 02:05 AM
Tamarie's

The bartender serves up your requested drink, to your surprise it is well made and tasty. The Tuzzara is still present and brings you a dish with a variety of pickled vegetables from around the galaxy (the Star Wars equivalent of pretzels and peanuts) "We play Pazaak (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pazaak) here, Bespin variant, should be someone else wants to play soon enough." He gestures to a set of three tables in the corner each of them now vacant but with two chairs a piece. "If Sabacc (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sabacc) is your game best head to the Wily Weasel, got themselves a legit dealer there and a professional table, but watch your stack if the aces don't take your creds, the riff-raff will." He gives a quick nod to Embo "No droids allowed there either, no electronics of any kind really, to many cheaters switching their cards outta turn. Don't take kindly to rigging there."

EDIT: A young man with a pencil mustache looks up from his drink. "Now that isn't entirely accurate, sir. You see they changed that last month. Some Imperial officers were complaining that their messenger droids were turned away, so The Weasel bought some restraining bolts. Droids are allowed inside now, the bolts are mostly harmless, disable comms and scramblers and anything else that gives off a signal that can affect the cards. I even heard they let them play on occasion! I can show you the way if you would like, ofcourse I am a pretty decent Pazaak player as well."

I scoured the internet and actually founds some cool rules for both Sabacc and Pazaak that make it a bit more interesting than just rolling opposed Gambling (though high gambling will still help you win) The others are following the main questline, and may be a while, but I don't want to railroad you, might even come up with some other side advanture for you two aswell. END EDIT

Radell Mining Headquarters 28th floor

Jameth pulls out a datapad and appears to be checking your faces against some pictures he has. Only after he is satisfied does he wave off the two guards that followed you from the turbolifts. "Cecily and her droid checking up on us is she? That's smart. You guys might actually have a chance of succeeding."He speaks in a fast tone and its obvious that the current situation is weighing heavy on him. His eyes are red from lack of sleep. He is a bold man who clearly knows more about you than you know about him. It is plain however, that he is more accustomed to crunching numbers than to dealing with Rebels.

"Sorry for all the secrecy, both our employers have been very tight lipped about your mission. Hopefully I can finally set your concerns at ease." He looks around the room and raises his hands indicating the walls and table. "This room is used for high level negotiations. It has a number of security measures, you can only see out through these windows not in, and listening devices will only pick up ultra sonic white noise for example. There are other secret measures that even I don't know about. We can speak freely."

He pauses only for a moment to clear his throat. As you know my company has entered into an agreement with The Alliance to Restore the Republic, or as you might prefer the Rebel Alliance. This is due in large part to the actions of a company called Imperial Mining Ltd. IML has recently started a 'corporate war' against us. IML-sponsored agents have sabotaged our facilities, attacked scout ships...and in the last two weeks three separate facilities have been bombed. Security is tight here because we fully expect another bombing. We have even received several threats to this very building. IML has close contacts with Moff Andal, so our official requests for an investigation into these incidents have thus far been ignored. They are even blaming them on you guys." He scans your faces and must pick up some sort of animosity, maybe its the wookiee in the room, because he clears his throat again and quickly restates "Well not you specifically, the Empire is blaming these attacks on the Rebellion.

We have lost almost all of our scouting crews, which are vital to finding new sources to mine. Our agreement with the Alliance was simple: you provide us with experienced scouting teams who search the drift for new mining worlds and we secretly deliver through Shondra Del and her shipping operation 10 percent of the refined metal we collect therein.

The first Alliance group working for us was a team called the 'Gray Griffin'. They disappeared. Your team has been sent here to rescue them and secure Alluuvia, a new world they discovered, for Radell mining. Before I bring in Parek, who can explain what happened in more detail, I'll answer any questions you have for me."

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-07, 09:26 AM
Clearing her throat, Korri speaks up, and her normally sultry voice is loud and crisp, indicating 'I am an officer conducting official business.'

"Mr. Todkal, I'm Korri Tevv. For starters I'd like to know what proof you have IML is responsible. It's not that I don't believe you - I want an idea of how they operate and what surveillance and investigating resources Radell has at its disposal.

I'll leave questions about mining ops to Arcadian and the availability of ships and star chart data to Kazzarfisa," she points them out them in turn, "but I'd also like to know what exactly the credentials of our covers will get us on-world and with any Imps we run into, and where we're going to be billeted. Do we have an expense budget?"

LtPowers
2013-05-07, 10:07 AM
As Todkal mentions Cecily and Embo, Kazzarfisa folds her arms, leans back in her chair, and gestures to the executive while looking pointedly at her teammates. A clear "I told you so" look flashes across her face as she wruffs softly.

Fortunately, Cecily's absence seems to cause Todkal no distress or alarm.

As Todkal goes on, she pulls out her transliterator and switches it on, so she can chime in when she needs to.

"Unknown space is dangerous," it speaks for the Wookiee, confirming what Korri had said. Kazzarfisa nods. "We'll need star charts, maps, and astrogation data. Also directions to where the Gray Bird-Mammal team was last known to be."

She sniffs at the transliterator's awkward translation and starts fiddling with it.

Kazzarfisa

shizukanashi
2013-05-07, 12:24 PM
"Well...We don't have any proof persay. We have some of the bombers on holotape." He presses a button on the table and the holo image of 4 masked men placing bombs around a mining facility appears, unfortunantly there is little to identify them. "Our intel suggests IML is spying on us, not to mention the lack of investigation and 'justice' the Empire has given us. Finally they have claimed for themselves worlds our scouts discovered after the teams have gone missing. I fear they plan to do the same with Alluuvia. That would be the end of my career. Your credentials should get you through customs without inspection and give you a bit of flexibility with permits for your weapons and what not while on Elrood. Keep it legal though, Radell will have to answer for your actions. Finally I have a scout ship prepped and ready for you, at the starport. A Modifed MU-2 (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mu-class_Model_2_shuttle). Its loaded with supplies, infact consider it payment for securing Alluuvia for us, just remember the transponder codes identify it as Radell property, be sure to change them before you officially add it to the Alliance Fleet." He hands you a chip containing the location and deeds to the ship. "Our own mining opps are proprietary, but if Mr. Arcadian has any general questions I will do my best. The rest of your concerns are best left to your associate." He presses another button and speaks "Parak I believe they are ready for you."

The door to the conference room opens and shuts and in walks a short alien about 4 1/2 feet tall; he is bald, with a low ridge of spines covering his head and tapering down his back. His skin is bronze and hardened, with three gill slits on each side of his neck.

"I present Parak, Alliance science officer, a member of the Gray Griffons."

snoopy13a
2013-05-07, 01:01 PM
"I guess it's off to this Weasel place." Remembering the other rebels, "Oh, bartender, a few of my friends should be stopping by here to look for me. Three humans--a woman and two men--and a Wookiee. Would you be so kind as to direct them over there?" Cecily leaves nine credits for the bartender, two credits for the drink and seven as a tip (so he conveys the message).

"Lead the way." Cecily asks the young man.

[Assuming the young man isn't some sort of criminal looking to rob Cecily and Embo en route to the cantina (if so disregard the next paragraph)]:

The small party of three reach the Wily Weasel. Cecily finds the cashier (or equivalent) and pays 150 credits for the same value in chips. She consents to the restraining bolt for Embo and looks to see if there is an open spot at a lowish stakes game. If so, she'll sit in, order a Queen Amidala, and wait for the deal.

LtPowers
2013-05-07, 01:11 PM
The Wookiee looks up from her transliterator, observing the tiny alien with curiosity.

Rolling to identify the the alien:

Last die is the wild die:
Knowledge (subst for Alien Species): [roll0]
Wild die rerolls: [roll1]

Kazzarfisa

kobywan
2013-05-07, 02:18 PM
I have intimate knowledge of the Empire and its brand of Justice. Arcadian says in a growl.

I would like the videos of all the bombings you have to review them while enroute to find the Griffons. Perhaps I can get an idea of how they like to operate. Also if you would like I could take a look at your building structural floorplans. I'm not a structural engineer but I could definatly point out any weak spots where explosives would do the most damage. If offered Arcadian will download any information or videos to his datapad for further review.

As the group begins to leave Arcadian stops and turns back to Todkal. You wouldent happen to have any explosives that need transporting? If you do I would be more than willing to watch them for you.

Demolitions for analizing the videos:
[roll0]
Wild Die [roll1]

Demolitions to assess Radell coporate building.
[roll2]
Wild Die[roll3]

shizukanashi
2013-05-07, 02:42 PM
@Snoopy and Atlas, I am going to move you over to the OOC thread while you are playing Sabacc. I will put up some rules. If the rest of you guys want to play go ahead and create a personality at the table. Use your current characters gambling skill but add 1D to it. Ofcourse for you guys this is just for fun. Only Cecily and Embo can actually earn (or lose) any real credits.

@Kazza You can't identify the species, it seems to be pretty rare, but it appears to be amphibian.

EDIT: @ Kobywan Jamath provides you will all the info you requested and informs you that there are some explosives already on the Wayfarer, but he might be able to get more if you need it. The weak points in the mines are pretty obvious but the bombers had to have some demolitions knowledge to find them. Radell HQ on the other hand is a very stable building with the turbolift supports acting as a kind of spine. There are some rather large open areas in he shipping bays on the ground floor. Without load bearing walls if a few of the support columns were taken out their might be a chance the whole building could collapse but due to the lessened weight of the upper levels (remember its a pyramid) more likely only the next 5-10 floors and only the sections above the bays would be in severe danger.

I apologize for the pace of the game right now, I know not everybody works on the computer and can access the game daily. I am trying to get through the briefing quickly as there is lots of info for you guys. I also am purposely trying to instill a sense of urgency, the reason should become apparent soon. I promise everybody will get a chance to ask questions, and I will slow down the pace of the game later.

http://www.anakinworld.com/uploads/entries/page_maxi/planete-elrood-1.jpg
I am disappointed this is the best picture I can find. The original is perfect as it has another human male and a wookiee to the left, exactly matching your present party. They have unfortunately been cropped out of this pic for some reason.

Paraks voice is low and croaky, but is occasionally accented with high pitched squeaks. "Hello, I am Parak. Let me explain how I came to be here. The Gray Griffons an myself successfully navigated the drift by making a long series of micro hyperspace jumps. We found a new planet we named Alluuvia. I performed an initial survey and the planet looks very promising as a mining world, very high levels of valuable metals.

However, things quickly took a turn. Shortly after we left the planet we were ambushed by a band of pirates. Our scout ship, the Whisper was disabled by ion blasts from several skipray blastboats. A larger barge boarded us and took us captive.

I did notice another large container ship as well. I don't know what it was used for, not a combat vessel by any means. I was pushed onto a Blastboat, the rest of the Griffins were loaded onto the space barge. That is the last I saw of them.The Blastboat made a jump here to Elrood, gave me their ransom demands 250,000 credits and sent me off in an escape pod. Elrood System Patrol picked me up an hour later.

I can provide you with a general heading to Alluuvia, but without the Whispers Nav computer and its precise calculations, it could take weeks to plot a new astrogation course to the planet."

"Time that IML can use to get rig up and running and claim the planet for themselves." Jameth interdicts.

"Yes quite." Parak continues slightly annoyed that Jameth seems to be more interested in the mining claim than the lives of your comrades. "Alliance High Command has made it clear to me that your primary mission is to secure the planet for Radell. We need the materials they are providing us for the ongoing war effort, but if you can rescue the rest of Griffins, well there might be medals and promotions all around, as well as my personal thanks."

He turns to Korri. "I would never presume to dictate to your command Ms. Tevv, but my suggestion is that you simply follow this heading into the drift. If you can locate the pirates, you can find my friends and the Whisper. With its Nav computer data you can find Alluuvia and deal with any IML entanglements. This is your mission."

kobywan
2013-05-07, 05:59 PM
What are some of the major minerals on the planet. If we can know that we can figure out what type of operations they would require and how many personnel they would need. Arcadian make notes in his datapad as Parak speaks.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-07, 06:31 PM
(assuming the alien handed me something) Korri takes a look at the data, but after only a few seconds realizes she'll need some pointers for it to make any real sense. She spins the device clockwise on the table and slides it across to Kazzar.

Dax Thura
2013-05-07, 11:17 PM
"A Mu-class? Wizard! What kind of entertainment suite does it have? Oh yeah, tell us more about the planet."[/b]

shizukanashi
2013-05-08, 12:04 AM
Parak did infact hand Korri a datapad with a basic astrogation course, a few micro jumps that should get you sufficiently deep into the drift.

Jameth turns to answer Arcadian"Metals mostly, iron ores, the stuff durasteel is made of. Gases as well tibium and the like, fuels and plas..... He is interrupted by the piercing wail of an alarm. The room darken as the windows go black then the vid screens and intercoms come on.

A rough looking man smiles at the camera. (Think Dark Night Joker without the clown makeup)"Good afternoon, employees of Radell Mining Corporation!! My name is Adair Koryunt! You don't know me but I've got a wonderful surprise in store for you! Hehaha! In 20 minutes or so, a concealed bomb will level this building! That should supply you an interesting couple o' minutes. GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN! Bwahahahaha....heh....ha....no seriously. Get out."

The screen goes black. The alarms stop. The windows return to normal. Then panic ensues.

Bomb explodes Friday at 4:15pm Mountain time or GST -6. (Approx when I get off work) That gives you just over 65 hours game time to do what you do (when I run this in my face to face games I give the PC's 20 actual minutes of game time...but PbP deserves some leeway, and part of the timing is on me, so I was generous) tick tock. 19:59....19:58...19:57...19:56(think 24)Good luck :smalltongue:

kobywan
2013-05-08, 12:24 AM
Arcadian flicks back a few screens on his datapad to the Radell building schematics. Mr Jameth I would recommend you send security teams to the large open areas in the shipping bays on the ground floor. Have them check the support beams there. They are your most vulnerable spots. I would also check the turbolift supports, they make a backbone for this building and a large enough bomb there would destabilize the whole structure not to mention trap your employees. As soon as anything is found let me know. I may be able to disarm it. He looks around the room to the others. Until the bomb is found or time starts to run out I suggest we help the search. I am sending the building schematics to all your datapads, it should help keep us from getting lost and also help find an exit quickly if needed. Anyone else have any ideas?

Dax Thura
2013-05-08, 05:56 AM
Thrynn is about to open the door to leave when Arcadian asks for suggestions. "We could leave. You know, get to safety? Or even that new ship they just gave us." The others don't seem very keen on his suggestions, so Thrynn opens the door. "If we're going to look for it, we should get going." He says half-heartedly.

LtPowers
2013-05-08, 08:13 AM
Kazzarfisa is clearly upset as she quickly gathers the electronics in front of her. She heads for the door with Thrynn, but pauses with confusion when he stops.

She points something out in Shyriiwook, impatiently, then gestures for everyone to move quickly out of the room.

GM:
"Why would the man state an accurate time deadline? It is too dangerous to assume that we have twenty minutes."

Kazzarfisa

kobywan
2013-05-08, 01:48 PM
I would also recommend you check any delivery trucks and the sky-walk that we saw when we came in.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-08, 02:50 PM
Korri nods agreement. "Yeah ... we need to coordinate. Is there a security office? What freqs are they using?"

shizukanashi
2013-05-08, 04:26 PM
Jameth pulls a comlink from his pocket. "Lucius send a team to the loading bay, check support structures. Also a team to the lifts." The door opens and the guards from the lift enter. "You three go with our guests here, assist them in anyway, do what they tell you. They should keep the rest of the guards out of your way"

These are two security guards for Snoopy13a and Atlas Veritas to play since they are not here. The third is an NPC.

All stats are 2D except: blaster: 4D dodge: 4D+2 command: 4D Strength 3D+2; Equipped with Blaster pistol (4D+2) blast vest (+1 v. energy, +1D v. physical) blast helmet (+1 energy, +1D physical

He then makes a call to Imperial Police and requests a bomb squad. There is some squabbling, and you can hear the man on the other end telling him a 30 minute response time IS fast. He hangs up in disgust and turns to you again, Arcadian in particular "You can disarm it right...I mean if they find it? That's what you guys do right?" He seems nervous but concerned.

As you exit the conference room into the main hall there are a dozen or so employees gathered around the lift waiting for it to arrive. One finally does and hey fill it to capacity. "There is a set of Emergency stairs over here. You'll be fighting the crowds, but it might be the fastest way down. That lift will likely stop at every level. Good luck." He then enters the office he initially came out of when you met him.

Parak seems to be content to help people evacuate. He is directing people down the stairs "One at a time, stop shoving and stay calm!"

The vid screens all over the building that had been playing ads and PR for Radell Mining now display a red count down.

17:22

kobywan
2013-05-08, 04:42 PM
If we can find it than yes I can disarm it. I'm not going to let the Imperials or any terrorist threaten innocent lives if I can help it. He looks around at the confusing press of people. I don't think they could have gotten it past the first floor without being seen, so that's where I need to be to respond the quickest. Arcadian looks at Kazz and smiles as he lifts his spacers chest behind him. Think you can help me get down to the first floor in a hurry?

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-08, 05:14 PM
Korri follows along with Arcadian, who seems a bit too happy. "Shipping bays is a good place to start, but are there freight or executive elevators these people wouldn't have access to?" she asks anyone with an electronic layout or the guards.

shizukanashi
2013-05-08, 05:33 PM
"No freight elevators. Just a Receiving area and two store rooms on the ground floor. The security office is nearby, you hae to go through there if you enter via the sky walk. The only lifts are those, they run the entire length of the building...well only the left one runs to the top 5 floors."

One of the security guards answers. He indicates the turbolifts which still have a large crowd. The first lift has left, but the second opens. It is already full of executives from the upper levels, leaving very little room for anyone else. The remaining employees begin to swarm the stairs. Parak is lost in a sea of taller humans.

16:30

LtPowers
2013-05-08, 06:17 PM
Think you can help me get down to the first floor in a hurry?

Kazzarfisa points through a door and at a window, grinning.

With a shrug, she moves to the stairwell, helping Arcadian with the chest if he needs it. "Please move to the side, security personnel coming through!" she bellows as loudly as she can in Shyriiwook.

Of course, to the assembled masses, it sounds more like an angry Wookiee screaming.

Kazzarfisa

Atlas Veritas
2013-05-08, 08:25 PM
"Camicia Rossa" says the other guard as he pulls out his blaster pistol and makes sure that it is fully charged. Looking at Korri he says "Let me know how you want to make this go down, sir"

Dax Thura
2013-05-09, 12:50 AM
"Don't the lifts have an override that will cause them to go directly to the first floor? All of us wouldn't need to go, just Arcadian, a security guard, and whoever else we could cram in. Kazz can even make room if need be." Thrynn looks at a vid screen then asks a security guard. "Where's a computer interface? That guy has to be on property somewhere."

shizukanashi
2013-05-09, 03:03 AM
the crowds part for Kazza or simply move faster down the stairs. Those on the stairs above stop though and those entering from the your floor also recoil. The stairs are clear.

"There are interfaces all over the building." The security guard that was talking to Korri answers, he points to a computer screen and a keyboard on the wall near the lifts. "He could be anywhere...." He pauses for a second. "There is a way to override the Lifts though!" He turns and runs toward the lifts just in time to stop the doors from closing. "Everybody OUT! We need to get to the ground floor."

The executive nearest the door gives him a curious look. "Well we are not going up!" He gives the security guard a shove and hits a button. The doors close and the lift decends.

15:10

Dax Thura
2013-05-09, 08:55 AM
"We're wasting too much time!" Thrynn says to no one in particular and runs to follow after Kazz down the stairs.

kobywan
2013-05-09, 06:14 PM
Arcadian motions for one of the security guards to follow and begins to move down the stairwell. With a Wookie in front and the official guard behind the group is able to make quick downward progress. As soon as your people find anything I want to know, we need to be there ASAP. He says to the security officer.

LtPowers
2013-05-09, 06:31 PM
Kazzarfisa follows or leads as necessary.

Kazzarfisa

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-09, 06:32 PM
Korri follows along, pushing all the while but refraining - barely - from performing rifle butts to the head to make way. To the guard she shouts, "For the moment I'm following my EOD man!"

Moments later she thinks again. "Hrrr! First floor ... there's gotta be more than that. Rossa? You have a hand scanner?

Where else are your teams? Does the building have fuel cells or a generator?" she adds, thinking out loud.

shizukanashi
2013-05-09, 11:11 PM
It takes approximately 10 minutes to get down the 28 flights of stairs. Everybody who took this route should give me a stamina roll TN 13. A failure will result in you being winded and suffering a -1D penalty to all skill rolls for the rest of the episode.

"You the bomb expert?" A security guard greets Arcadian and the other at the bottom of the stairs. "Jameth radioed ahead. I think we found it! Come quickly!"

He leads you through a few doors into the back loading bays. There are two trucks backed up to loading bay doors. Several boxes are stacked a few feet away. Several B1-series worker droids (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/B1-series_worker_droid) are here as well. Five of them have been shut down and are neatly sitting in the corner, a 6th is walking around with a box in its arms, there are 8 security guard here with guns drawn on the droid.

"Good call on the loading bay." He says to Arcadian and points to the droid. "That one won't respond to commands. He's not loading or unloading either like the others were, he's just walking around carrying that crate. Won't put it down."

kobywan
2013-05-09, 11:36 PM
Arcadian rushes into the loading bay and upon spying the Droid and its movements sighs with frustration. Going to have to stop that thing if I want a chance to try and disarm the bomb.
He thinks to himself.

Stamina Check = [roll0]
Wild Die = [roll1]

kobywan
2013-05-09, 11:43 PM
Arcadian sets his chest down and takes a deep calming breath.Right well lets see if we can stop the droid first than I can worry about the bomb. Arcadian begins to pace behind the Droid and look for its internal access panel. If he finds one he checks it for any rigged traps before opening it. If anyone else whats to help me look this thing over please do.

Search the droid = [roll0]
Wild Die = [roll1]

If I can try to reprogram it I will burn a CP to give me +1D to the check.

Reprogram Droid to stop = [roll2]
Wild Die = [roll3]
With the Wild Die thats 22 total.

Dax Thura
2013-05-10, 02:17 AM
Stamina 3d6b

shizukanashi
2013-05-10, 02:21 AM
The access panel is easy enough to locate and appears not to be rigged.

Can you give me a brawling parry roll or DEX to avoid being trampled by the large monstrosity as you attempt to reprogram it. TN 12. (No damage you just can't get close enough) If you succeed your programing roll is sufficient to reprogram the droid and it will respond to your commands.

Did Korri make it all the way down? Who else is in the bay?

Dax Thura
2013-05-10, 04:20 AM
Stamina 3d6

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-10, 06:48 AM
Korri finds herself simply standing nervously next to Thrynn, waiting for Arcadian to stop the droid. She looks around the bay anxiously, noting the closest exits and asking the guards repeatedly what's happening throughout the building.

You were posting at 3 a.m., man!

Stamina [roll0]
Wild Die [roll1]

Dax Thura
2013-05-10, 08:02 AM
Gorgon_HeapYeah. I work overnight. But I'm having a hard time rembering how to roll dice.

LtPowers
2013-05-10, 08:22 AM
Stamina check (last die is wild): [roll0]
Wild die re-rolls: [roll1]

Kazzarfisa attempts to use her weight and strength to at least slow the droid down long enough for Arcadian to reprogram it.

Strength check (last die is wild): [roll2]
Wild die re-rolls: [roll3]

Kazzarfisa

LtPowers
2013-05-10, 08:23 AM
Dang it, forgot to use rollv.

Stamina: [roll0]
Wild die: [roll1]

Strength: [roll2]
Wild die: [roll3]

Kazzarfisa

kobywan
2013-05-10, 11:14 AM
Dex = [roll0]
wild die = [rollv3d6[/rollv]

kobywan
2013-05-10, 11:19 AM
Wild Die = [roll0]

Total dex = 23

Arcadian smiles as the driods code changes over. Stop and set down the box. He commands the robot. Move over by the other droids.

As the driod moves away Arcadian slides his work chest over and examines the box. With care and a steady hand he will open it to see what is inside.

shizukanashi
2013-05-10, 03:43 PM
With the assist from Kazza you easily dodge the stampeding legs and reprogram the droid.

The crate is marked with a sticker "Inspected by Elrooden Port Authority" with todays date. When you crack it open you find several charges of detonate attacked to a timer fuse, The fuse is attached to a blasters powerpack that is almost dead. The timer shows the time remaining 1:54 the screen is getting dimmer as each second counts down. The power pack is almost empty, infact the count down seems to be linked to the power level on the power pack. You can attempt to disarm it (with a demoltions roll), or you can simply give it a fresh power source which should actually give you 24 hours or so before it starts to count down again (no roll required)

Unfortunantly, things get a bit more difficult. As soon as you open the crate 4 of the guards turn and fire at the 4 other guards in the bay at your arrival, then turn and open fire on you. "That's far enough!" One of them says.

Bad guy initiative: 2d6z
wild 2d6z

So they got the surprise round and used it to dispatch the rest of the guards. The two guards played by Atlas and Snoopy are still good to go. Go ahead and give me your actions, along with an initiative. Don't forget to include the -1D if you a winded from the race down the stairs and another -1D for each action after the first you wish to take. Also I am having some major issues with my computer at home, and I have some running around to do after work, I will likely extend the deadline I set for the time of the explosion. That said you have sufficiently found the bomb, as long as it gets disarmed soon it won't explode at all.

@Dax. This is the first attempt I have made to roll dice in this game so if it doesn't work I will look like a fool for giving you advice but: Try "roll" instead of "dice" (its different for each forum. Mythweaver accepts both I think.) Adding a z at the end will give you a breakdown for example 3d6z will give you (5)(4)(3)(12) instead of just (12). Also if you preview the post before you make it you will also invalidate your roll.

shizukanashi
2013-05-10, 03:46 PM
Init: [roll0]
wild: [roll1]

hmm that did not work. This time I will try "rollv" as the command.

Edit: that's it! its v not z and you put in in the command not the roll. "rollv"3d6"/rollv" would give you (5)(4)(3)(12)

Also don't bother rolling initiative. You all act at once, and you will get to go first. (5 is easy to beat.) In the future the highest perception will roll for the whole team....I will look at sheets and tell you who that is later.

kobywan
2013-05-10, 04:11 PM
Studying the bomb before him Arcadian hardly registers the guards turning on each other. As the blaster bolts begin to fly he dodges to the side of the crate to seek some cover while trying to disarm the bomb. Taking a breath to steady his nerves he focuses on the bomb and time seems to slow. The seconds on the timer tick away at a glacial pace. He follows the wires and begins to disconnect the timer from the explosives.

Using a Force Point:

Dodge = [roll0]
Wild Die = [roll1]

Demolitions = [roll2]
Wild Die = [roll3]

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-10, 04:38 PM
"Sithspit!" Korri shouts and leaps for the nearest cover, drawing a bead on a target and firing with practiced ease.

Init [roll0]
Move
Blaster [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

snoopy13a
2013-05-10, 05:00 PM
Wuke Groundflyer, Rendell Mining security guard, is a bit bewildered by the events.

Nonetheless, he's up for a good fight, or any fight for that matter. Not one for subtlety or caution, Wuke stands tall and whoops a warcry. He has spent many a long hour waiting for this opportunity, and he takes aim at Guard #4, firing at him.

First,
Old Strength stamina roll (3d6+2) [roll0] +2 -- target of 13

Blaster
[roll1] If stamina roll fails then disregard the last die.

Edit:
So Wuke failed his stamina roll and rolled his blaster at 3d6 which, after disregarding the last die, is a total of 8. If he hits, you can roll damage for me. Finally, what is the range? Wondering because if someone attacks Wuke, he'll only have 2d+2 as a reaction skill so if the range is moderate, for example, he'd be better off not dodging.

LtPowers
2013-05-10, 05:57 PM
Seeing Arcadian occupied with the bomb, Kazzarfisa knows she must protect him, lest the delicate work get interrupted. She grabs the discarded lid of the crate, and sets it up as a shield, blocking the line of fire from the guards. She tries to shield both herself and Arcadian, but if that's not possible she'll favor Arcadian.

((I have no idea what to roll here.))

Kazzarfisa

Dax Thura
2013-05-10, 11:08 PM
Trying that Stamina roll again (first die is wild die)
[roll0]

Dax Thura
2013-05-10, 11:11 PM
Wild Die (extras just in case) [roll0]

Dax Thura
2013-05-10, 11:14 PM
Thrynn dives for cover behind some crates.
Full Dodge. [roll0] first one wild.
Wild Die [roll1]

shizukanashi
2013-05-13, 12:17 AM
The top to the crate is not large but it is sufficient to provide some cover (1/4 cover +1D, 1D body strength) Kazza wields it like a shield giving Arcadian the time he needs to disarm the bomb. With the ease of a lifetime of high explosive training Arcadian disconnects the timer and the power source rendering the bomb innate. Thrynn leaps behind the stack of crates already piled up in the bay as Korri and the security guards fire on the terrorists in guard uniforms. Only 2 shots hit, but even those are shrugged off by the blast vests they are wearing.

"The brought a Wookiee! Lets get the hell out of here." Says one of the terrorists who might have been the man on the screen earlier. They return fire then turn and run.

Two shots at Arcadian from the leader, both miss. Two shots at Kazza, one from each of two bad guys one hits the crate top and cuts through it with tremendous force. (the top is heavily damaged and Lt. Powers needs to resist 10 damage. The last shot is intended for Korri but it also goes wide.

All 4 turn and run out the open freight door, running through the park under the walkway toward the monorail station.

LtPowers
2013-05-13, 07:33 AM
Strength (damage resist) (wild die is last): [roll0]

Kazzarfisa

Dax Thura
2013-05-13, 07:33 AM
Thrynn gives chase. He'll take a shot at the 'leader' (guy on the screen) if he feels that a miss won't hit a bystander.
Blaster [roll0] assume -1d for running, first die is wild
Wild die [roll1]

LtPowers
2013-05-13, 07:34 AM
Forgot to rollv again:

Strength (damage resist) (wild die is last): [roll0]

Kazzarfisa

kobywan
2013-05-13, 12:16 PM
Sighing with relief Arcadian relaxes a bit before realizing there is still a gunfight happening. He looks up in time to see the fleeing enemy and pulls his blaster firing at them.

To Hit = [roll0]
Wild Die [roll1]

Dam = [roll2]
Wild Die [roll3]

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-13, 12:30 PM
Korri leans back and catches her breath as her people continue to lay down long-range fire at the fleeing "terrorists."

"They're making for the monorail. Would they really use public transport or is there a way out ..." she wonders to herself. She turns to the nearest security man. "You have speeders for patrolling?"

LtPowers
2013-05-13, 05:56 PM
Kazzarfisa is blinded by the blaster bolt destroying the lid of the crate. As she tries to blink away the spots, she draws her bowcaster and tries to fire at the closest enemy.

Bowcaster (-2D, last die is wild): [roll0]
Damage (last die is wild): [roll1]
Wild die re-rolls: [roll2]

Kazzarfisa

Atlas Veritas
2013-05-13, 08:11 PM
Rossa replies to Korri after putting away his blaster (which he never fired because of being stunned at being fired upon by fellow guards): "Yeah, we got a couple for use at night to keep kids out of the park, but I bet you they aren't headed to the actual monorail, there are service access ways all over that area, my bet is they are heading down to the service corridors down below with all the utilities..."

snoopy13a
2013-05-13, 08:33 PM
Wuke is exhausted and too lazy to chase after the criminals. He isn't too lazy to shoot them, however.

Assuming they are still in range

Blaster [roll0]

If hit [roll1]

shizukanashi
2013-05-13, 11:41 PM
Identifying the leader you are quick to concentrate fire on Adair. Thrynn's shot hits him in the Thigh and he stumbles but remains on his feet (stunned) Arcaidian however hits him clean in the back. He falls prone just outside the freight doors. (wounded) His screams are enough for Kazza to disern which blue blob is his but not enough to actually hit him and your bolt embeds it self in the concrete beside him. It is enough intimidation factor to cause him to release his blaster and place his hands on his head. Rossa and Korri exit the freighter bay together and grab two speeder bikes from a shed just outside, while Wuke takes a pot shot at another fleeing "guard" the shot enters and exits his chest leaving a perfect cauterized hole. He too falls. (Mortally wounded) The remaining two jump aboard a repulsor craft in the park and subdue the passengers with theats. The craft then takes off at High speed persued by Korri and Rossa.

Dax Thura
2013-05-14, 07:28 AM
Thrynn runs up to the man and covers him with his blaster. "One move and you're dead you poozer!" He says in his best tough guy voice.

LtPowers
2013-05-14, 08:56 AM
Kazzarfisa staggers a bit as she tries to clear the spots from her eyes. She does manage to see that two of their number have chased off after the escaping terrorists, while two more have been subdued. But her main concern is the bomb.

She gestures pointedly at the crate and bomb while roaring to Arcadian. "Did you stop it? Are we safe?"

Kazzarfisa

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-14, 09:36 AM
Korrei grits her teeth as she and Rossa coast out over the park. We got one of 'em, she notes. She looks ahead. Two of them, two of us, and they have hostages.

She signals Rossa to try to get an ID on the speeder - from a registry tag or some such - and does the same before turning about and landing back in the park. We can find the owner and track its location.

She approaches the others. "That was some good work. Let's get him and the weapon secured quickly." As we work she explains her idea about tracking the speeder, though she also hopes to get IDs out of the prisoner.

kobywan
2013-05-14, 11:57 AM
Arcadian stands up and waves at the Wookie. Its all right were fine. You on the otherhand, the fur on your face is all singed. We need to get you to a doc.

Putting the lid back on the crate of explosives Arcadian takes a seat on top of it. So we stopped the bomb and got one of the bad guys. Not bad if I do say so myself. I'm sure you guys will want to "talk" to our new friend. I am going to break this thing down further so we can take it with us to the ship.

shizukanashi
2013-05-14, 02:36 PM
@ Arcadian the box contains 1 timer fuse, 1 powerpack (that will need to be charged to be of use) and 12 units of detonate (1D each)

As the cart continues toward the monorail another group of 3 men in the park jump onboard, they quickly disarm the terrorist then shot them with their own weapons. The hostages are also dealt with roughly, forcibly kicked from the repulsor cart, it then turns and heads back toward the frighter bay. When it arrives the two armed men point their newly aquried pistols at you, and the third man jumps down and approaches you. He is dressed in civilian clothing, but walks with authority. "...send a squad to Radell Mining immediately." He finishes a conversation via comlink then addresses your group. "I am Lieutenant Commander Coleman, Imperial Navy. Lay down your weapons, gaurds. What is going on here? Who are these men?"

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-14, 02:51 PM
Korri turns away from the approaching Imperial officer for a moment to calm herself and erase the hateful sneer she almost released. She spins on her heel, completely professional.

"I'm Lt. Korri Tevv. We're a security unit contracted to Radell. We've just defused a bomb in the building and secured some of the terrorists," she waves at both the captured man and dead body. She respectfully supplies Coleman with any and all information - especially for official contacts within Radell - that he asks for.

Hey, I'm going with my real name as you didn't mention if the fake IDs have fake names or just fake backgrounds. I also don't know what our "company" name is as a security outfit.

Dax Thura
2013-05-14, 03:56 PM
"We think he's the leader." Explains Thrynn as he backs away as the IMPs come over. He takes a few steps back, keeping his gun trained on the terrorist, before setting down his own weapon and taking another couple of steps away.

kobywan
2013-05-14, 04:22 PM
Sighing Arcadian sets his blaster down next to him on the ground and looks up at the Imperial Officer. The bomb threat is nutralized. He waits for the others to explain what is going on. He offers up any identification or papers that are requested, trusting that they will hold up to scrutiny.

shizukanashi
2013-05-14, 04:45 PM
"Well done, Lieu....Miss Tevv." He stops himself clearly disgusted to the idea of recognizing a civilian rank. He picks up Thrynns discarded blaster and scans the room. He approaches the mortally injured terrorist and sneers before finishing him with a blaster bolt to the head. "A bomb did you say?" He pulls out his comlink again. "Send a scanning crew as well. You have the thanks of the Emperor Miss Tevv, we will take it from here." He approaches Adair and kicks him in the ribs while pointing Thrynns blaster at him."Get up you Rebel Scumbag!"

Jemeth Todkal finally arrives and addresses Korri. "Well done Lt. Please take your team and debrief them, we will let the proper authorities handle this matter." He clasps you on the shoulder and leans close to whisper in your ear. "Go. before the Stormtroopers arrive. Good luck."

"She's a registered Slave, I have her paperwork right here." Jameth again addresses Coleman noticing the look directed at Kazza. "I am director of PR for Radell, you have our full cooperation with your investigation. I can answer any questions you might have."

kobywan
2013-05-14, 05:22 PM
Sighing once again Arcadian lets the stockpile of explosives go and picks up his tools. He puts them away in his chest stowing the heavy blaster along with them. He keeps his mouth shut and his face neutral as they leave the building.

LtPowers
2013-05-14, 08:48 PM
Kazzarfisa shoots a glance at the Jemeth-sounding blob when he calls her a slave, but she keeps her mouth shut, returning her bowcaster to its stowed position.

Beyond that, she tries to follow the others as they leave, being careful not to run into anything.

"We need to contact small-black-fur-girl as soon as possible," she says in Shyriiwook, more to herself than to any of her companions.

Kazzarfisa

Dax Thura
2013-05-15, 12:09 AM
Thrynn considers asking for his blaster back, but decides it would be in his best interest not to. He follows the others out.

shizukanashi
2013-05-15, 05:10 PM
Act One: Industrial Intrigue
Episode Two: Into the Drift

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/wiredscience/2010/09/Lagoon-Nebula.jpg

You meet up with Cecily and Embo at the Weasel, following the direction given to you by the bartender at Tamarie's, and brief them on the meeting and the terrorist attack. Returning to Gwynn Dispatch, Gwynn informs you that Shondra Del has still not checked in, but she does not seem to worried. She said she would likely be gone longer than normal this time. With no other leads you head to the docking bay and find the Wayfarer. The ship is pristine, and if not for the modification, might have come right off the production floor. Its a fine reward for your services.

Departing the Elrood System brought a sense of relief to you as you leave Radell, bombs, and the Empire behind. The Star Destroyer Brazen was still in orbit when you left, but now you are far away. The Kidron system is on the edge of the Drift, and the swirling mass of stellar dust looms ominously in your viewscreen. Your course takes you across the narrowest section of the Drift. This trip requires a series of short hyperspace jumps and could take many days.

The droning whine of sublight drives becomes acutely noticeable. Over the next 10 hours, your ship must travel at sublight speeds to reach the first jump point. Even though you haven't entered yet The Drift - you're still on the edge of the Kidron system - your ship passes through several pockets of stellar gas which are beautiful to behold, but so dense that your sensors are useless.

http://www2.physics.ox.ac.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/content_fullwidth/Baby_stars_in_the_Rosette_Cloud.jpg

LtPowers
2013-05-15, 06:23 PM
In hyperspace, there wasn't much for a pilot to do. The navicomputer would alert the crew to any disturbance, or when it was time to emerge from hyperspace.

But at sublight speeds, it was a different story... especially passing through these stellar gas deposits. With limited sensors, a stray asteroid or another passing ship could become a major hazard with no warning. The pilot had to be at the controls and on her guard the entire time.

Fortunately, this particular ship had a co-pilot position. In fact, Kazzarfisa could tell from the specs that a co-pilot would be almost required to keep the ship running. It was a bit more complex than she was used to, and that meant it required a lot more attention and care to operate.

In a pinch, one person could do it, but it would make everything that much more difficult.

So she was glad Thrynn was around. She was the more skilled pilot, but she knew from the team dossiers that Thrynn had some experience behind the stick as well, and she'd need his help so that she could concentrate on actually moving the ship.

Before they took off, she'd made sure to alert the others to a thought that had been nagging at the back of her mind. The transliterator translated for her: "Did you notice that the Imperials were close enough to apprehend the bombers, but just far enough away not to do anything about the bomb itself?"

Now, aboard the ship, she has her transliterator at the ready. She's already pondering trying to find a way to mount it for hands-free operation... or maybe even tie it into the ship's comm system. But there's been no time for that... nor would there be for a while.

Moving into the sensor-blocking stellar gas, she has an idea: "Someone should get into the laser turret. You might see an obstacle before the sensors do."

But other than that, the pilot sits at the controls, keeping the ship on course, and waiting with trepidation for something to happen.

Kazzarfisa

shizukanashi
2013-05-16, 12:14 AM
The thought of modifying your transliterater for either hands free or into the ship haunts you. Its a great idea, and in truth there would be plenty of time, if you were not so concerned about collision, and spending your spare time in your bunk, or in the turret on your second watch. Luckily there are other pilots and watchmen to give you a brief break every few hours.

The hours turn to days as you fly sublight for hours only to make a quick hyperspace jump, then spend the next dozen hours moving again to the next jump site at a snails pace. The data Parek gave you is solid however and the Astrogation calculations easy enough. While most hyperspace travel takes days and even up to a week the constant back and forth, between sublight and hyperspace somehow makes the last few days more tedious than normal hyperspace travel and cabin fever has begun to set in.

After 5 or 6 jumps your ship emerges again in a dense could of stellar gas. You have a 16 hour sublight trip through a cluster of gravitational fluctuations before your next jump. Shortly after emerging from hyperspace however, the proximity alarms wails. Even though your sensors are barely functional, they detect a large object up ahead. It is moving very slowly.

kobywan
2013-05-16, 12:41 AM
Arcadian was never one for space travel. He managed it well, who wouldent in this day and age but he always felt better in the bowels of a planet not the vastness of space. He spends most of the time reviewing the tapes of the bombings. He also asks the others to show him the basics of piloting a ship. The laser turret is where he has must of his fun. Just another way to process rock, he thinks to himself as he takes a few practice shots as passing asteroids.

As the days drag on Arcadian's unease at space travel lessens but the tediousness of it all bothers him much like the rest of the crew. There are only so many time he can loose to Cecily at Sabbac.

When the alarms go off he is almost happy for the distraction.

Dax Thura
2013-05-16, 07:26 AM
Thrynn spends time before launch trying to get the others to get more and better entertainment programs for the ship. He particularly enjoys old school turn based strategy games, like Master of Magic, Civilization, and X-Com. (FYI- Halo is more a training program than a game.)

During the journey, he likes piloting with Kazz. He tries to get Kazz to teach him shiirywook and often holds up both sides of the conversation weather or not he is actually saying anything in that language.

He's also willing to help train Arcadian in targeting the ship's blasters. When he does so, Thrynn will use his hands and sound effects more than the computer to 'show' Arcadian how to do it.

However, when it is his turn to pilot the Wayfarer, Thrynn is all business. He takes the duty very seriously.

LtPowers
2013-05-16, 08:17 AM
"What is it? I need a visual!" Kazzarfisa shouts in Shyriiwook as she slams the reverse thrusters on to bring the ship to a halt. She just hopes she's in time.

She does manage to spare a hand to key the transliterator, which repeats her request in only mildly urgent tones.

Kazzarfisa

snoopy13a
2013-05-16, 05:34 PM
The alarm awakened Cecily from a bored stupor. Ship travel, even under the best circumstances, just wasn't her thing. And this voyage wasn't exactly the best circumstances.

She had no idea whether the alarm was something serious or some petty annoyance. Still, it would be something. Her curiosity--and lack of aptitude as a turret gunner--led her to the cockpit. She settled into one of the auxiliary seats to get a first-hand view of what was about to happen.

My mechanical and technical attributes are very low so I'm not much good aboard ship. I'll be checking on the thread but probably won't post too often for awhile.

shizukanashi
2013-05-16, 05:58 PM
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/9/96/Star_Dragon_OE.jpg

Suddenly, the large object slowly emerges from the gas cloud not more than 500 feet in front of your viewport. To your amazement, the object appears to be a huge serpentine body perhaps 80 meters long. It's a creature of some sort, with a sinuous, many-segmented body and a huge pair of gossamer wings stretching from its back. One of its wings has a tear. The serpent's eyes are open but glassy. It hangs limply in front of your ship.

@Kazza you have a funny feeling but can't quite place it. Fear? Desperation? Hunger?

@Thrynn Like a faint whisper in the back of your mind emotions form at the edge of your conscious. You sense hunger and death. You know this creature is barely holding on to the last theads of life. It is injured, starving, and slowly wasting away.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-16, 07:06 PM
Korri had spent most of her time during their days of space flight performing ordinary tasks in an efficient fashion. Again and again. She's a soldier, and "hurry up and wait" has been a part of the soldier's life since time immemorial.

Cleaning, testing and setting everyone's weapons. Testing all the equipment. Reviewing footage with Arcadian. Making idle chatter with everyone. Getting to know everyone's personalities and abilities better to learn how they best respond to pressure and responsibilities. And long, arduous hours of calisthenics and physical combat training. She welcomes anyone who wishes to learn self-defense, as well as blaster training. It's clear, when she's in her abbreviated, form-fitting workout clothes, that she takes her physicality (and ability to kill a man with her bare hands) very seriously.

But when the klaxon sounds, it's jarring. She rushes to the cockpit and finds the others in stunned silence. In the midst of a workout, she's breathing hard, and her face, arms and stomach glisten with sweat. She gulps a breath looking at the thing outside. Shaking her head, she asks, "Any ideas?"

snoopy13a
2013-05-16, 08:04 PM
Cecily's jaw drops upon sight of the giant lizard-thing. Her mind races to see if she has any clue what that is.

3d6 knowledge roll for alien species
[roll0]

wild die
[roll1]

[Hmm, a 1 on the wild die? Probably means panic time :smalltongue: ]

LtPowers
2013-05-16, 08:18 PM
Kazzarfisa remembered what her old piloting instructor told her. He was a grizzled old Wook, who'd once ferried Senators and other dignitaries hither and yon, to and from Kashyyyk. He'd seen more in his hundreds of years than just about anyone could.

"Kazzarfisa", he'd said, "for every strange creature I've seen, for every incomprehensible planet I've visited... and there've been many... there are hundreds, or thousands, more that I never will. I promise, if you spend any time exploring the galaxy, you'll see things even I wouldn't believe."

Well the veteran's prediction had finally come true. The young Wookiee stared out into the void, at this serpentine creature in front of them. It was clearly near death. That was clear enough from just looking at it, but somehow she could feel it... feel its pain as it hovered near death.

It was almost too much to bear.

"Sensors!" she cried in Shyriiwook, gesturing at the sensor control panel to get Thrynn's attention. She gently engaged the ship's maneuvering thrusters, trying to position the ship for a better look at the damaged wing while staying far enough away to avoid bumping into the creature.

Kazzarfisa

kobywan
2013-05-16, 09:26 PM
Arcadian stares at the creature as it floats in space. Whats wrong with it? He asks no one in particular. He has no idea what to do about the creature and helps Cecily try to figure out what it is.

Know (Alien Species)
[roll0]
Wild = [roll1]

Dax Thura
2013-05-17, 01:12 AM
Thrynn sits slack jawed for a few moments then. "We have to help! He's dying. Pull up alongside and extend a docking tube." Thrynn then looks like he has to use the bathroom for a few heartbeats as he concentrates. We are coming hold on. He thinks, hoping his thoughts can be read by the space dragon.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-17, 06:48 AM
Aghast, Korri says, "A docking tube? Does that look like a starship? What are going to dock with, its mouth? You need an EV suit, and even then I don't get what you intend to do."

Dax Thura
2013-05-17, 09:04 AM
"Yes. With his mouth." Thrynn pauses a moment. "Space suit? That would be perfect. I'll need some food and some medpacs too." Thrynn hastily goes to collect the items. "Do we have any bacta on board? Or something large enough to splint his wing?" He goes on as he hurries about.

LtPowers
2013-05-17, 11:56 AM
Kazzarfisa growls into the transliterator. "Please calm down. I'd like to know more about what we're dealing with before trying a cure that may be worse than the injury. Do you even have any medical training?"

Making sure the ship is stationary, she slides over to try to run a sensor scan.

Mechanical (in place of Sensor Operation), wild die is last: [roll0]

Kazzarfisa

Dax Thura
2013-05-17, 03:02 PM
"But he needs us." Thrynn's disembodied voice floats back up to the bridge along with the sounds of him crashing around the ship. "He's dying. He's dying."

snoopy13a
2013-05-17, 03:28 PM
"How do you know it's dying?" Cecily asks.

"I'm for helping out, but we don't know if it's friendly; it could eat you!"

LtPowers
2013-05-17, 07:02 PM
The Wookiee blinks and stares as she reviews the sensor readings -- what little she can get. They're utterly bizarre -- as bizarre as the actual view in front of them.

She knows her way around a medpac; she knows how to set broken bones and soothe blaster wounds and the basics of controlling minor diseases... but how useless is all that with a creature like this one? If the sensors are correct, it has a fusion generator inside it. A fusion generator! A star, basically!

But ships have fusion generators, too. And she knows how to fix those. But a hydrospanner and a sonic welder aren't going to be much use here.

"Well, just look at it," she says to Cecily's question, gesturing for her to do so out the viewport, and not bothering to key the transliterator.

She sympathizes with Thrynn's frustration, but panicking isn't going to do any good. She has to think. If this was a terrestrial creature, what would she do to ease its pain? And could she scale that up to starship scale?

The very thought is bizarre, but it's all they have.

Wild dice are last:
First Aid: [roll0]
Space Transports Repair: [roll1]
Wild die re-rolls: [roll2]

Kazzarfisa

Dax Thura
2013-05-17, 08:27 PM
"I know because I know." Thrynn says. "He sent to me." He says from the floor at the entrance to the bridge as he falls trying to put on a space suit while holding an arm load of supplies. "I told you sometimes I just know stuff. It just comes to me. This is one of those times. So help him. Please." You might remember in his ramblings that Thrynn may have mentioned how his 'sixth' sense had gotten him out of trouble in the past.

snoopy13a
2013-05-17, 09:38 PM
"You mean like the Force?" Cecily wonders. Her family had long supported the Old Republic and the Jedi Order. At the tail end of the Clone Wars, when she was a little girl, Cecily had actually met a Jedi Knight--during a charity event her father had organized for Clone War refugees.

Her family, like most of the old families on Wukkar, were shocked and appalled by the purge of the Jedi. Unfortunately, most of the galaxy seemed to have had the opposite view. This included her own planet as supporters of the fledgling Empire took control of the local government. Cecily's family and their peers withdrew from public life out of fear of oppression--it simply was not wise to be a supporter of the Old Republic in the modern Inner Core.

Nonetheless, Cecily was taught--secretly, of course--that the Emperor had murdered the Jedi and usurped the Republic. She was also taught not to speak of this outside of the inner circle of their social class. It was one thing to sympathize and agree with Bail Organa and Mon Mothma. It was quite another thing to actually publicly support them--look what good that did poor Alderaan!.

However, her upbringing had left a certain reverence for Jedi Knights and the Force. If Thrynn actually could use the Force--and wasn't just crazy--then perhaps he was right.

"Hmm, I don't know what's happening, but I guess I'll trust you." Cecily goes down to help Thynn put on the spacesuit.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-17, 10:18 PM
Korri's skepticism was plain on her face. So far as she knew, there was nothing to prove there was any Force. She didn't think any Jedi had ever even visited her homeworld. And she lacks the patience for a lesson in magic and craziness at just this moment.

She just shakes her head, unsure what to say, as Cecily and Thrynn leave the room. She swipes sweat from her forehead onto a pants leg and turns to Kazza. "Will this delay us? We've been making good time, right?"

kobywan
2013-05-18, 12:42 AM
As everyone scurries around the ship looking for things to help the creature Arcadian want to try and get a better look at the beast. He heads for the laser turret and watches it from the viewport there. I'm not sure what this thing is but I've never heard of a "Space Dragon" before. How is it even alive, I mean its in frackin outer space. He continues to watch the creature as the others suit Thrynn up.

Dax Thura
2013-05-18, 01:46 AM
"I don't know anything about the Force and I'm not a Jedi. I don't even have a light sword. Though I think I'd like one. My grandfather said some folk can just feel stuff and my uncle Farkham says I can pick up on subtleties that others miss. Though it doesn't help me play sabacc well." Now that the others are helping, Thrynn seems calmer. "Just get alongside of him and extend the tube. I'll figure out the rest." After taking another look at the creature, he adds, "If he does eat me. Save yourselves."

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-18, 08:57 AM
"Oh, thank you," Korri says, her low, raspy voice positively gushing with sarcasm.

She makes a mental note to triple-check Thrynn's personnel file. To Arcadian, she says flatly, "This workouts over. I'll be back in five," and she returns to the passenger spaces to shower and change.

LtPowers
2013-05-18, 09:40 PM
"It is not going to eat you," Kazzarfisa's transliterator speaks neutrally as she walks into the passenger area from the cockpit. She rumbles again into the device. "Looking at it, I can't see any major injury; just the wing."

Another series of growls, as she starts rummaging through a supply cabinet. "If it wasn't floating out in a vacuum, I'd say it just needs some food and some air. Maybe a splint for the wing."

She finds a breath mask and looks at its attached air supply. She shakes her head sadly as she realizes the miniscule amount of air would be exhausted within seconds by a creature the size of this dragon.

Kazzarfisa

shizukanashi
2013-05-22, 02:48 AM
You successfully extend a docking tube, and Thrynn crawls out to assist, as best he can. As soon as he is out of the tube the dragon moves and shoves his snout down the end. You can hear his voice in your head. "Air. I need air." He is sucking at the tube like a straw.

Dax Thura
2013-05-22, 04:41 AM
Thrynn radios "Ok, we (he and the dragon) have it as best we can. He needs some air. So make sure to shut the bulkheads and give him some." Thrynn continues to think reassuring thoughts, though mental screams of THIS IS AWESOME keep getting in the way.

LtPowers
2013-05-22, 06:48 AM
Kazzarfisa works quickly to set up an exchange between the docking tube and the rest of the ship. Throwing levers and readjusting meters, she has to convince the ship to let her re-pressurize the tube even while the other end is open. But she also has to re-pressurize it slowly enough to avoid depleting their own air inside the ship.

Even as she does all this, though, she ponders how it is that a spaceborne creature needs air.

Kazzarfisa

kobywan
2013-05-22, 01:30 PM
Listening to the talk about exchanging oxygen with the dragon Arcadian gets worried. I dont know about anyone else but I'm going to get into a spacesuit. Just incase we loose pressure for a bit. He starts to suit up quickly and looks at the others. You guys might want to do the same.

shizukanashi
2013-05-22, 04:39 PM
Using a system of bulkheads and represurization chambers Kazza is able to vent som oxygen without seriously compromising the integrity of the ships life support systems. The dragon takes a breath gives one final look at the ship and a quick "Thank you" via telepath between Thrynn before giving a turn and flying off into a dust cloud.

Dax Thura
2013-05-23, 12:12 AM
"Wait!" He calls out loud and mentally. "Maybe we can help you more and we can use some help too. You're hurt. We have medpacs and you're probably hungry too. And we need to get through the nebula. Can you help us? And we have questions about you and your kind. I mean just meeting you is awesome, but noone is gonna believe us when we tell them. We need proof or something. Don't go. Not yet." He pleads.

shizukanashi
2013-05-23, 12:50 AM
The creature hesitates for a second seeming to hear Thrynn's words, but with only a glance he disappears behind a cloud. "No my child. Now is not the time again to reveal ourselves to your kind. You have my gratitude. May the force be with you, young one."

This scene kind of stalled. The sooner you get on your way and to the next scene the better. Speed is life for PbP games.

Dax Thura
2013-05-23, 05:34 AM
What a gyp. He had force powers. He could have been my teacher. The GM is a tease.
A dejected Thrynn floats for a time amidst a field of debris made of the supplies he brought out to aid the retreating space dragon. He gives a profound sigh as the door shuts when he is retreived by the Wayfarer.

kobywan
2013-05-23, 01:47 PM
OK so giant space dragon thing cured? Let get to the last know position of the griffons than. Arcadian says from inside his spacesuit. He waddles through the holding bay before stopping and looking back at the group. Guess I can take this off now.

shizukanashi
2013-05-23, 07:31 PM
Confused and Morose by your encounter with the strange creature, you return to your stations and resume the tedious task of making micro jumps into the drift. After another jump or two you settle in for another long hyperspace leap when suddenly there is a loud thump, followed by another alarm, this one characterized by flashing red lights throughout the ship.

The ship is rocked, you are roughly thrown about the cockpit and unsecured objects hurl across the cabin. The long ribbons of starlines revert to pinpoints as your ship returns to realspace and abruptly pitches hard to the left. You are again thrown into the bulkhead as the harsh turn takes you unaware.

Looking out from the view port you catch the tail end of a large container ship fleeing into the now familiar stellar gas clouds. A smaller ship - a space barge - lingers at a distance while four skipray blastboats race in at top speed. Before you can regain complete control of your vessel they open fire!

Kazza or anyone else behind the wheel, needs to give me a DC 18 Space Transport roll to regain control of the ship and correct the radical roll to the left. Failure means that you will be unable to starship dodge when they fire on you, likely in my next post.

Not the picture I wanted but here is a skipray blastboat

http://star.etmortius.net/equipement/ships/D6%20-%20starship%20netbook/images/Star%20Wars%20-%20D6%20-%20Starships%20Stats%20R&E%20Netbook_img_88.jpg

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-23, 07:44 PM
Having practiced this scenario, Korri going about the ship hastily performing her (completely secondary) duties. She secures doors to keep items from flying about open spaces and re-secures already loose items. She also prepares tools and equipment for damage control purposes (she's already prepared to repel boarders, if necessary - seeing to that store of detonite days ago!).

snoopy13a
2013-05-23, 11:56 PM
Turburlence banging her against the side of the ship upset poor Cecily's nap in the passenger section of the shuttle. She cleared her head to the wonderful lights and sounds of a red alert.

Yuck, pirates, she thought. Knowing that she would only get in the way in a space battle, she struggled to the nearest bucket seat and strapped herself in. Once secured, she set both of her blasters (heavy blaster pistol and hold-out blaster) to stun. She didn't want any stray blaster bolts to kill a comrade.

kobywan
2013-05-24, 12:43 AM
Thrynn you want to take the laser cannons? I can sit up front and help Kazz with the shields.

Arcadian makes his way towards the co-pilot seat and nod to Kazz as he sits down. He brings up the shield array and tries to bring the shields online to cover the front of the ship. He also bring the torpedo targeting system online to have it ready if needed.

Starship Shields (2D on Front arc, That is where they are coming from correct?)

[roll0](Easy)
Wild Die[roll1]

Dax Thura
2013-05-24, 01:41 AM
"Sure. But we should run. If we have to fight even one skipray we're vapor bait." Thrynn goes over to gunwelll and climbs in.

shizukanashi
2013-05-24, 04:55 AM
Before you can further prepare the blastboats are on you. It is clear they were ready for you, and poised to strike. Each blastboat fires a single barrage of 3 firelinked ion cannons. TN 10 to hit

hit: [roll0] (4D+1 skill, minus 1D for multiple actions:piloting, and +3D firecontrol)
wild: [roll1]
dam: [roll2]
wild: [roll3]

hit: [roll4]
wild: [roll5]
dam: [roll6]
wild: [roll7]

hit: [roll8]
wild: [roll9]
dam: [roll10]
wild: [roll11]

hit: [roll12]
wild: [roll13]
dam: [roll14](7)
wild: [roll15]

All 4 hit (unless Kazza gains control and makes a starship dodge greater than their to hit rolls) Next person to post should give me hull rolls (3D+2) ion cannons ignore shields.

If you are not gunning or flying you should probably be preparing for boarders. Its not looking good.

LtPowers
2013-05-24, 07:58 AM
Kazzarfisa fights the control stick, trying to regain control of the ship before it's too late. She's glad she doesn't have to tell the others what to do.

But four Skiprays? Her heart leaped into her throat; this was far beyond anything she'd encountered before.

Wild dice are last.

Space transports: [roll0]

If successful:

Full starship dodge, including 1D maneuverability: [roll1]

Wild-die re-rolls: [roll2]

Kazzarfisa

shizukanashi
2013-05-25, 10:20 PM
Blue lighting arcs and crackles across the ship. Shield go down, sensors go out, the turret is immobile and can not fire. All non essential systems shut down. There is a bit more turbulence and crashing about but eventually, your ship slows and stops. (cause Star Wars physics is wacky :p) You are dead and adrift in space.

The systems are not damaged, but will need to be manually restarted individually an effort that can take upwards of 20 minutes.

Within seconds the space barge has hacked into your comms.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ni2lbb.jpg
"A splendid! Another Radell scout. I am first mate Jona Morgan of the Scourge Pirates. We are taking your ship and your cargo. Lay down your arms and we will ransom you back to Radell safely. Should you resist we will not be so lenient. Prepare to be boarded."

The barge slowly begins to approach. Two of the skiprays break off and follow the larger ship, the one you saw fleeing when you were first ripped out of hyperspace. They go racing off into the clouds in that direction anyway. The other two boats run a sort of picket duty circling your ship and moving through the clouds keeping an eye out for any opposition.

After a few minute there is a loud clang as the space barge comes along side your ship and begins to hook its docking tubes to yours. It will only be a few moments now....

The fine print: First mate Jona Morgan is a 100% original character who is not of sufficient rank to be confused with the notorious drunken pirate, Capt. Morgan. It is an even further stretch of the imagination to compare him to a certain Capt. Malcolm Reynolds of Firefly fame, as both his name and his rank are in no way similar. Any depictions, descriptions or other material that appear to be blatant rip-offs are completely coincidental......potential boarders my or may not be wearing Jayne hats
Jayne hats trademark fox entertainment..

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-26, 12:16 AM
The power goes out and Korri frowns angrily. Though not entirely ugly on their own, her scars scrunch unpleasantly in a way you've not seen before.

She takes a deep breath. "Ok. So they don't just want the cargo and the ship - they want us, too. Good to know.

I wish I had a chemist or a doctor ... " she shakes her head. "Thrynn, start working on getting the Wayfarer restarted. Cecily, get the breathers from the med bay." (Meaning the air masks like they use in Empire, which any such well-stocked ship should have.)

"Kazza, go to the guns and bring back a canister of blaster gas. We don't have much time."

The plan:
Given they want us alive and the blastboats are out there waiting to blow us to pieces, I changed my mind about a straight-up boarding repel.

Thrynn and Cecily work toward restating the ship while me, Arcadian, Kazza and Embgard close off the doors near to the hatch the pirates are coming toward and entering. We living folk wear breathers and open up that can of blaster gas, leaving it hissing right in front of the doorway.

The pirates open up the hatch and find us waiting - and just flushed blaster gas back into their own ship. Nobody can shoot. I'm sure they don't know any better than we do how many parts per million of blaster gas in the air will blow you up. And who know what being exposed to it might do to them?

If they want to fight it out, I'm confident me, Kazza and Arcadian can do some serious damage, preferably getting to their airlock and keeping them from detaching. We're staying attached to their ship.

Gunplay is out of the question. The Skiprays can't fire on us without blowing up their own ship. We negotiate: When our systems are back online we detach and go to hyperspace and they leave to pillage another day having lost nothing.

I think they'd rather live safely and seek revenge on us later than press the issue. We'll have to flush that section of air, of course, but it's better than getting killed or captured.

kobywan
2013-05-26, 01:55 AM
Arcadian looks at Korri doubtfully but opens his chest and grabs out his shock gloves. If you think it will work I'm for it, you have more experience with this stuff. Snapping the gloves in place Arcadian powers them up and flexes his fingers a few times. I will be able to get a few powered hits in before the gloves wear out. After that I'm just swinging at regular strength.

Arcadian take the spot that Korri points out and waits for the boarders to enter.

Dax Thura
2013-05-26, 04:40 AM
"I'm not sure what I can do, but I'll give it a try." Thrynn leaves the gunner's station and goes to sit in the copilot's chair. He basically keeps trying to restart the ship.

snoopy13a
2013-05-26, 12:07 PM
Cecily retrieves the breath masks, hands them to the crew, and enters the cockpit.

LtPowers
2013-05-27, 08:20 AM
Kazzarfisa is busy pounding on the ship's controls and trying to restart the ship's systems, and doesn't hear Korri's orders. She's yelling something angrily in Shyriiwook.

Thus is she quite confused, and not a little annoyed, when Cecily and Thrynn enter the cockpit and send her to the gun well to retrieve a canister of blaster gas. Why couldn't one of them get it? She needed to be working on getting the ship operational again. It didn't make any sense.

Being pushed out of the cockpit, though, she stopped by on the way to the passenger compartment to pick up the canister. Dropping it in Korri's hands, she points back to the cockpit and growls with a questioning look on her face.

Kazzarfisa

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-27, 08:41 AM
Korri gets the gist and holds up a hand. "I want you to fix the ship. I do. But these guys are coming aboard no matter what, and if your scaring the pants off of them when the door opens buys us time to make a stalemate in the airlocks, then maybe I'll only need you there for a minute."

She stops, suddenly thoughtful, and looks down at the decking in front of the airlock. (OOC: Is any part of it removable and what's under it?)

Dax Thura
2013-05-27, 10:58 AM
Not having any idea where to start, Thrynn begins banging on the console in imitation of Kazz. Then he remembers Blue. "Blue! Get up here! We gotta get this tub moving."

shizukanashi
2013-05-28, 02:12 AM
Blue races up to the cockpit at your beckon. With a few frustrated beeps and joyful whoops he plugs into the nearest scomp link and after a few twists and turns a few buttons light up again on the control board. He then turns and waits on the elevator for the others to go down.

Embo gives a nod and finds some magnetic tubing from storage. He grabs 3 sticks of detonate and exits the ship through the auxillary airlock.

You can hear the other ship finish hooking up, and the faint sound of a man shouting orders, but you cant make out what he is saying.

kobywan
2013-05-28, 08:33 PM
Arcadian puts the breather mask on as the rest of the party puts the plan in motion. He takes a few calming breaths and finds a good spot to hide from the pirates coming through the air lock.

Hide: [roll0]
[roll1]

Dax Thura
2013-05-29, 12:12 AM
"Good job, Blue. At the first chance we get you're gonna get a nice oil bath and maybe some upgrades." Thrynn says elatedly. "As void brained as it is, the plan is to fight our way out. I need you to take the helm, plot a course for us to escape. When I give you the word, get us out of here. Even take a short jump."
If he has the chance, Thrynn will get a blaster rifle. He prepares his comlink in case he needed to contact Blue. His grandpa had a saying, "Don't worry about being a hero. Instead worry about doing the right thing, about being a friend good and true. If you do that, the title of hero will be bestowed upon you." Thrynn thought on that as he considered what he was about to do. He was going to help fight.

shizukanashi
2013-05-29, 01:01 AM
korri, Arcadian, and Kazza, masks donned; all ride the elevator down to the lower level and seal off the airlock. Arcadian twists a few knobs on the containter of blaster gas and a blue-gray mist begins to fill the air, just as the airlock opens and First mate Morgan walks onto you ship. There are 9 other men with him, all have blaster pistols and wearing blast vests. He points his blaster right at the three of you.

http://www.infinitydish.com/tvblog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/mal-reynolds.jpg

"Okay here's how this works...Oh a Wookiee! Wow! Is that supposed to intimidate me? You put down your weapons, we bring you onboard. Put you in some cells, you get 3 meals a day. There is even a communal shower and head for your use. Its not a bad gig." He pauses to sniff the air and makes a foul face. "One of you gets to go back to Radell and tell them we have your friends. That would be YOU." He points to Kazza. "Now young lady if you would kindly direct me to your stores we will begin moving them over....Sith spit what the hell is that smell?"

LtPowers
2013-05-29, 12:27 PM
"Tibanna gas," Kazzarfisa replies simply... curious if this hot-shot pirate knew her language. "You should consider that very carefully before discharging your weapon."

Kazzarfisa

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-29, 01:02 PM
The officer notes the wookie's calm declaration, thinking for the first time just how important it is for her to learn some more of that gutteral language. But Kazza has proven extremely skilled and dependable and she trusts she said something appropriate.

Korri simply motions toward the gas canister. "You want to take us you'll actually have to get your hands dirty. Before you're forced to test the limits of your medbay, why not call this one a wash?"

Wholly aware that there's very little chance Morgan will agree, Korri rests easily on the balls of her feet, ready to break the first person who comes into reach.

kobywan
2013-05-29, 01:43 PM
Arcadian stays silent as the pirates lay down their demands and begin to notice the smell. He does his best to stay calm like the other two. Having his death be just a blaster shot away though causes a little sweat to trickle down his back. He feels the gloves thrumming with power and is ready to fight if needed.

shizukanashi
2013-05-29, 11:38 PM
My apologizes, I thought I had posted about 9 hours ago. Apparently I previewed but did not actually post.

'Little girl, I admire your gumption. You remind me of, well, me. The thing is this fight is already won. Even with your wookiee there worth say 3 of my men, we still out number you two to one. He pauses for a second as one of his men whispers in his ear. "Tibana gas huh? That's a neat trick." He places his blaster in its holster but then draws a vibroblade. His crew mates do the same. "Now are you going to come quietly or do I have to add another scar to that pretty little face of yours?"

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-30, 08:25 AM
Korri is unsurprised but a little disappointed. "I've heard all that before."

She takes a careful read of the pirates' faces and calmly meets Morgan's eyes, trying to keep all the tension (i.e.; threat of immediate violence) between them and avoid anybody slipping up. A test of wills.

She then slowly draws a well-balanced blade from a sheath at the small of her back, but then glances down at as if considering. To Morgan, she says, "I guess you're determined to make a go of this. I guess the next question is if I'm the type of girl who'll bring a knife to a bomb fight."

She reaches her right out straight out and touches the comm panel near the door. "Bridge, what's Embo's position?"

snoopy13a
2013-05-30, 01:04 PM
Cecily answers, in a whisper so that only Korri can hear, "The droid is in position."

shizukanashi
2013-05-30, 04:26 PM
The comm sqwaks as another signal comes in."Thank you, Cecily. Yes. The detonate is set and I believe I have things well in hand...How are you doing?"

Morgans comm link beeps and a new voice comes over his own comms "Sir. Theirs is a droid here and hes holding me at gun point."

"What!?! We just came through the door, how did they get a droid past us? Well blast the thing!"

"Negative sir. Not without blasting our atmo...Hes outside, sir. Standing on the cockpit."

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-31, 12:22 PM
Korri waits patiently as Morgan comes to grips with this news. She raises a hand, palm up. "You still want to fight this out?

"If you fire a blaster, it might blow your ship. If you kill us, our droid can blow your ship. If one us gets to that airlock hatch button, our droid can blow your ship.

"The bombs are on remote. Maybe you want to let us go, having expended nothing, and get on with planning some elaborate revenge on me for later?"

LtPowers
2013-05-31, 01:50 PM
Kazzarfisa can't believe how calm Korri is. She's done this before? For herself, the giant Wookiee was incredibly nervous. If any of them could read Wookiee body language, it would be obvious, but she lacked most of the obvious human signals of nervousness.

The worst part, of course, was that none of this was a bluff.

"Please, don't be stupid. Return to your ship," she says in Shyriiwook, providing punctuation to Korri's remarks, if nothing else.

Kazzarfisa

shizukanashi
2013-05-31, 02:50 PM
"We'll little lady. It appears you have me by the gundarks. How do you suggest we proceed then?" He seems more amused than threatened, but you can see he is being cautious. "Your not getting to that hatch. You blow us, you come with us. So now what? You expect me to just pack up and leave. You just told me there are explosives on my boat, on remote detonators. Whats to prevent you from blowing my ship once I set you free. Seems the only edge I have is my knife at your throat....what is it you want girl?"

Gorgon_Heap
2013-05-31, 05:10 PM
The lieutenant ponders for a moment, absentmindedly flicking her gloved finger against the blade of her knife. "Yeah, ok. Except all those blastboats that can open fire as soon as your ship is clear. That's a stalemate.

"Tell you what. Let's clear this room except for you and me. When my engineer tells me we're set for hyperspace, go back to your ship and detach and we leave. The detonite is yours to keep.

"And really, I think you and I should try to shoot each other under better circumstances."

kobywan
2013-05-31, 06:32 PM
Arcadian is motionless during the conversation. He does not want to accidentally cause a problem by setting off someones itchy trigger finger. He is intent on watching the other pirates to make sure they arent trying anything though.

Per:[roll0]
wild die [roll1]

shizukanashi
2013-05-31, 11:27 PM
"Fair enough...your men go back to your ship. Mine go back to my ship. You and I parley." He nods to the rest of his men and they head back into the ship, and close their airlock.

LtPowers
2013-06-01, 07:51 AM
The big Wookiee slaps an encouraging hand on Korri's shoulder as she turns for the elevator. "Good work."

As for her, Kazzarfisa's just glad to be able to get back to repairing the ship.

Back on the main level, she heads straight for the cockpit to see how far Cecily and Thrynn have gotten in their repairs. She grabs her transliterator and attaches it to her bandolier, then gets to work, sending Cecily to fetch tools and supplies as needed.

Kazzarfisa

shizukanashi
2013-06-01, 05:29 PM
In the cockpit

As soon as Kazza reaches the cockpit he is greated with the dirty end of Thrynns blaster, but friend is different than foe and a tragedy is averted. The four of you, with the much needed help from Kazza, work quickly to get the ship back online, and Blues work on a safe astrogation calculation means you are almost ready to jump. The excitement is short lived as the two remaining Skiprays buzz by the viewscreen reminding you that they are still out there. Knowing you have gotten no information from the pirates also causes you to hesitate on quickly jumping away, not to mention the console shows that your airlock is still open and overridden. Disconnecting from the pirates barge will likely eject Korri.

At the airlock

As soon the airlock is clear of anyone else, Morgan brandishing his vibroblade attacks. Roll initiative Korri. if you beat [roll0] Wild: [roll1] you man act first.

You can make a post with an init roll in it (and maybe some rolls to attack, ect), then edit to give your actions.

kobywan
2013-06-01, 06:24 PM
Arcadian leaves the bay but lingers outside the entrance. He stays close by to help Korri if the pirate calls his goons back in.

Perception to listen to the fight:
[roll0]
wild die [roll1]

Gorgon_Heap
2013-06-01, 06:40 PM
Korri is surprised when Morgan attacks, because what could he hope to gain?

He leaps at her and thrusts with his blade. Korri's left leg folds under her instantly as she seeks to drop below the attack, and her right leg sweeps up toward Morgan's left knee ...

Wilds are first
Init [roll0]
Dodge [roll1]
MA attack [roll2]
Wild reroll [roll3]

shizukanashi
2013-06-01, 08:25 PM
Cockpit

With one final hum and whirl all the systems come back on. The lights and sounds of a fully functional starship surround you. Blue gives a quick set of woops and beeps and heads back to the passenger compartments.

Airlock

att: [roll0] Wild: [roll1]
dam: [roll2] Wild: [roll3]
parry: [roll4] Wild [roll5]

Korri deftly avoids his thrust and counter attacks with a blow to his knees.

Go ahead and roll damage. I kept your rolls as is, but since you took two actions you should have subtracted 1D. Also Dodge is to avoid blaster fire. For future rounds you need to role brawling parry (since as I understand you are unarmed)

Gorgon_Heap
2013-06-01, 08:43 PM
Damage [roll0]
Wild [roll1]

Obviously I'm aiming for his leg because his vest doesn't cover it ...

And I did - I subtracted 1D from my second action - the attack. And I've always used Dodge as interchangeable with BParry if the action is actually described as a dodge ... but that's just the way we play. A house rule, I guess. I'll try to bear this in mind, thanks.

shizukanashi
2013-06-01, 08:56 PM
And I did - I subtracted 1D from my second action - the attack. And I've always used Dodge as interchangeable with BParry if the action is actually described as a dodge ... but that's just the way we play. A house rule, I guess. I'll try to bear this in mind, thanks.

Seems legit. Resist:[roll0]

shizukanashi
2013-06-01, 09:02 PM
Sorry I am messing up today. 17 vs 10..thats a wound.

You hear a distinct pop, and Morgan lets loose a scream as his knee buckles and he goes to the floor.

Rnd2 : Without bothering to get up he swings for your legs

att[roll0]
dam[roll1]

Gorgon_Heap
2013-06-01, 09:52 PM
Korri sees Morgan's pained, frantic swipe coming and launches off her left leg into the air ... and falls with her entire weight behind a powerful elbow drive.

Not sure which you're looking for because she's trying to leap above the attack and I don't want to buck a DM ruling...

BParry [roll0]
or
Dodge [roll1]

Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3] plus if elbow smash works V.Easy [roll4]
Wilds [roll5]

Nuts. 20 to hit but only 12 damage.

shizukanashi
2013-06-01, 10:17 PM
Airlock

Resist: [roll0] Wounded Twice.

Korris elbow comes down right on the back of his neck. Morgan makes a gurgling sound then drops his vibroblade. He moves his commlink to his mouth. "Do it." He speaks.

A faint hiss is heard as the airlock between the two ships hums and rotates as it begins to disengage. "Better shut that door, girl." He reaches for the nearest secure handhold.

Cockpit

a small alarm goes off indicating that the airlock is open and you are slowly venting atmo as the ships begin to separate. From out the view screen you see a few flashes of light and the sound of laser cannons. Are the blastboats firing on the barge?

Gorgon_Heap
2013-06-01, 11:03 PM
Gaping at the insane idiot for a breath, Korri can't believe what she just heard. She jumps over him and jabs at the door control, desperately trying to remember if there is a manual winch if the hatch doesn't close on it's own.

shizukanashi
2013-06-02, 01:33 AM
Airlock

The doors close with a metallic "Shrinnkk" just as the other ship pulls away. You can feel a brief rush of air right before the doors close, evidence that you got there just in time.

The other fact that is now abundantly clear is that pirates don't fight fair, and even when the fight is won they don't give up. While your back is turned and distracted, Morgan gets up, grabs his vibrosword and swings.

Round 3:
att: [roll0]
dam: [roll1]
Swing and a miss.

Luckily, he is off balance, wounded and winded. His thrust is wide and only hits the now closed door. "Damn"her curses.

Cockpit

Out the view screen you watch as the space barge that was just attached to you jumps to hyperspace. where it once was there is now a small cluster of twisted and burned metal, a can of Jawa Brand "Shine your hide droid cleaner" special non-greasy formula floating past the viewscreen confirms your fears. They are only compounded by the two skipray blastboats that lock on to your ship and move in for the kill.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-06-02, 02:30 AM
The vibrosword gouges a small peal of metal from the airlock door inches from Korri's outstretched hand, and she flinches back. Recovering, she slides forward low and delivers a quick right-left jab meant to knock the pirate back and off his balance. She follows this with a powerful backspin kick to his face ...

Multiple Strikes - Moderate
Attack [roll0]
Attack 2 [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Damage 2 [roll3]
Wild [roll4]

shizukanashi
2013-06-02, 03:36 AM
Resist 1: [roll0] WD: [roll1] Diff: 6
Resist 2: [roll2] WD: [roll3] Diff: 12

a 3rd wound and an incapacitate makes for two incapacitated results which is mortally wounded! Korri is a bad ass!

Your first blow is brutal and you hear the distinct crack of ribs. You know the fight is gone from him, but instinct and muscle memory take over and you deliver a second deadly blow.

Morgan falls like a ragdoll. He spits up some blood before passing out.

Dax Thura
2013-06-02, 08:35 AM
"Get us out of here now!" Still at the door, Krynn focuses the entirety of his will on moving the ship. He hurries to the co pilot seat.

LtPowers
2013-06-02, 09:05 AM
Kazzarfisa makes sure the airlock alarm is off before engaging the hyperdrive with the jump Blue had previously programmed in. She hoped it was a good course.

Kazzarfisa

kobywan
2013-06-02, 12:13 PM
Arcadian rushes to find a seat in the crew cabin as the chaos ensues.

shizukanashi
2013-06-02, 07:37 PM
Airlock

Korri checks over the body. Morgan is alive but he's in bad shape. A few cracked ribs and his knee is swelling up and turning blue. Aside from the Vibrosword, vest, and blaster he is also carrying a thermal detonator, and a homing becon. There is a good chance the pirates can follow you, but at least you have some breathing room before they show up again.

After a few minutes he comes back around. With a sound that is half cough and half laugh: "Well I clearly underestimated you! You're no Radell scout that's for sure. What are you doing out here in the drift, girl."

Cockpit

The stars streak past your viewscreen as you make the jump. It looks to be a while before you find out where you are going. Its a clean jump though, you will safely arrive wherever it is the little droid sent you in a few hours.

Dax give me a sense roll for Thrynn.

kobywan
2013-06-02, 07:50 PM
Arcadian heads towards the cargo bay to help Korri with their prisoner. On the way he pings her over the comlink. Want me to keep the gloves on? They produce quite a shock but wont kill him. He finishes the rest of the trip in a jog his work boots clomping into the bay.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-06-02, 09:31 PM
Korri leans back against a bulkhead and lets out a long, pent-up breath, allowing some of the stress of the last half-hour to bleed off. She managed to pull off a bloodless (for her people) escape from a better armed enemy without a shot fired. But she was weary and their actual task - finding the Whisper - was unfulfilled.

Now was the time to let her people do their work.

She doesn't respond to Arcadian right away, saying simple when he enters the room, "Do what you have to. I don't know ..." She comms the bridge. "He's got a tracker, but I don't know what the range is. They'll probably be able to track our trajectory if nothing else. Let's stay safe and find that ship. I'm not navy, so I need some real ideas from all of you on how to make this happen."

Command roll just for morale purposes.
[roll0]
Wild
[roll1]

Dax Thura
2013-06-03, 12:48 AM
Sense [roll0]
Wild [roll1]

Dax Thura
2013-06-03, 01:01 AM
Second try.
Sense [roll0]
Wild [roll1]

Ugh. My antenna's on the fritz.

LtPowers
2013-06-03, 08:42 AM
Once the ship is in hyperspace, Kazzarfisa quickly heads to the airlock to see what's going on with Korri and Embo.

Kazzarfisa

shizukanashi
2013-06-03, 03:02 PM
Korri breezes past Arcadian and Kazza, briefly giving her instructions. From inside he airlock you can hear the shouts of a man. "Come back here girl! Where do you think you are going? You can't escape the Scourge Pirates! We'll hunt you down bitch! I'll decorate my ship with your head!" The door shuts behind Korri and his shouts are muffled.

kobywan
2013-06-03, 03:09 PM
Korri you got some restraints? We wouldent want him to do anything to hurt himself.

Arcadian kneels down beside the prisoner. Hey we need some answers about who you work for and where they are. Talk nice and we let you live with all your appendages attached. Arcadian places a gloved hand next to the man allowing the electricity to arc between his fingers. Don't talk and we can start with less lethal means.

Arcadian walks away form the man and begins rummaging around in the cargo bay for some supplies. You ever heard of a detonite necktie? Very messy and obvious way to kill someone. Mobsters on Hutta used to put a thin bead of deotnite around the victims neck and hung some down his chest. The resulting explosion popped the persons head right off and left a necktie shaped burn on the chest. Needless to say that found other uses for detonite. Use the right amount and you can blast a finger off without much blood loss. Mobsters kept their victims alive for hours doing that. Ahhh here it is. The miner pulls out a detonite charge and begins removing the malleable material from its casing.

As Kazz enters the room Arcadian smiles at the prisoner. Trust me shes not the one you want to be worried about.

Intimidate - [roll0]
Wild Die - [roll1]
The +20 comes from me threatening with physical harm (+5) and he is totally at our mercy (+15)

shizukanashi
2013-06-03, 05:19 PM
Ill give you +10 too since you have giant ball of hair and muscle with you....so 42! The secret to life, the universe and everything...what do you want to know?!?!

"Dega! They are on Dega! I can take you there!....Are you looking for the other Radell team! Yeah Yeah they are there too! 3 of them plus the one we sent back to Elrood....We ah...we don't have the ship though...we traded it to the Squib."

Anyone who wants to look up Dega on the ships computer (which has a record of almost every planet in the galaxy) gets the following info:

DEGA
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/19/article-2311699-116B1F63000005DC-914_306x306.jpg
Type: Poisoned terrestrial
Temperature: Temperate
Atmosphere: Type II (breathing masks suggested, but not required)
Hydrosphere: Arid
Gravity: Standard
Terrain: Barren, mining pits and tunnels, scattered hills
Length of Day: 19 standard hours
Length of Year: 295 standard days
Starports: Landing fields
Population: Less than 10,000 (estimated)
Planetary Function: Abandoned mining planet
Government: Anarchy, but owned by Radell Mining Company
Tech Level: Industrial
Summary:
Dega is located in the Elrood sector drift. Nearly a century ago, Dega was the chief supplier of ore for Radell Mining Company, but with the mine's playing out in recent decades, Radell abandoned the planet, and moved its mining operations offworld. Today, Dega is a barren world, its natural resources used up. Rusting, abandoned equipment stand forlorn over the planet. The ecosystem is non-existent, only a tough brown cord grass can survive the harsh environment. The few water sources on the planet are contaminated with heavy metals and poisonous to most species. The wind carries thick chocking dust, which causes acute lung pain if prolonged exposure. Below the surface is a maze of deteriorating and unstable mine shafts which stretch for miles and run the course of the planet. Dega is now used by criminal organizations, as a meeting place and safe haven. Galactic travelers should use caution when dealing with the fringer community and never associate with criminal organizations.

kobywan
2013-06-03, 05:59 PM
Arcadian leaves the room and sends a general comm to the group. I got him to talk feel free to ask him any questions. He should prove useful to help us infiltrate where they are holding the Radell group.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-06-03, 10:28 PM
Korri had spent several minutes in her cabin, but when she emerges and meets with the rest of you, she's almost confused by Arcadian's suggestion. "The Radell group? Our priority is to find and secure the planet Aluuvia. To do that as fast as possible, we need to find the Whisper, which means finding these squibs."

Dax Thura
2013-06-04, 01:15 AM
"No. We have to get those people first. Then we can get the Whisper."

LtPowers
2013-06-04, 07:40 AM
After Arcadian gets the information he needs, Kazzarfisa approaches Morgan with a medkit. She trusts her intent is sufficiently clear. If he permits, she patches him up, enough to make sure he wasn't going to die or lose his leg to infection.

Returning to the crew cabin, the Wookiee takes Korri's side. She rumbles into the transliterator. "The time-frame for retrieving the Whisper is tighter than that for rescuing the hostages. The furry-long-ear-aliens may be wiping its navigation computer as we speak," the device translates. Again she frowns at its slightly awkward translation, but she doesn't have time to fiddle with it now.

Kazzarfisa

kobywan
2013-06-04, 02:34 PM
Arcadian lets out a snicker at the transliterator. Did that thing just say Space Rabbits? Anyway, Korri your the boss so I'm going to do what you think is right. He should be able to give us quite a bit of information, including a good way to find the Whisper. So go ahead and ask him. I am going to head back in to keep an eye on him hes tied up but we all know what each of us would do in this situation.

Arcadian enters the room and busies himself with re-packing the detonite. He keeps a wary eye on the prisoner.

snoopy13a
2013-06-05, 12:03 AM
"Our only hope of tracking down this squib is to head to this Dega place and find out more about him." Cecily says in a resigned voice. "But that's looking for trouble. I don't think the fringers appreciate people they don't know poking around and asking trouble."

shizukanashi
2013-06-05, 04:28 AM
The Wayfarer once again slows, as you return to realspace. You have finally arrived at the coordinates Blue programed. With no more jumps left on your predetermined course you are left with a choice. Head to Dega and rescue the gray griffons, or find out what planet these squibs are on and find the Whisper. You must hurry though, you know you are being tracked, and the pirates can arrive at any moment to attempt to rescue their commander.

So there seems to be a bit of differing opinions on what is the best course of action, and this has kinda been a trend. Consider this a team building exercise. Go ahead and use the OOC to get on the same page. Also you can ask any questions of Morgan there too and I will do my best to answer them (you have had some time to question him- and he is pretty talkative right now.) Finally realize that while its a bit of Meta gaming you will likely do both objectives in time, its just a matter of in what order. Your characters may feel strongly one way or the other, but you as Players probably should not. And with that, the pressure is on, pirates will arrive somewhere between 24 and 36 hours from now. May the force be with you.

shizukanashi
2013-06-05, 02:56 PM
Arcadian and Kazza through working to secure and heal Morgan get the following information out of him:

The Whisper was traded to Slythor on the planet Korad for parts and weapons.
The Scourge is lead by Chalmer Trillili, a Rebel Alliance deserter.
Slythor is the self proclaimed "Exalted Ruler" of Korad and has an small army of squibs that obey his whims.
The 3 remaining Gray Griffons are treated poorly and malnourished but are otherwise well.
despite his desertion and pirating Chalmer Trillili is a honorable man, who is fond of Swordplay and the romantic nature of piracy.

The following information on the Planet Korad is available from the ships computer.

Korad

http://toris.magriller.net/elrood/images/totfs/astrography/korad.jpg

Type: Terrestrial salvage yard
Temperature: Temperate
Atmosphere: Type III (breathmask required)
Hydrosphere: Dry
Gravity: Standard
Terrain: Plains and plateaus covered by salvage
Length of Day: 23 standard hours
Length of Year: 381 local days
Starports: 1 limited service port at north pole, landing fields
Population: Less than 5,000 (estimated)
Planet function: Salvage yard
Government: None
Tech level: Space
Major Exports: Salvaged metal
Major Imports: Wrecked starships, vehicles, components, refuse
Summary:

Korad is an insignificant stop on the Elrood-Derilyn Trade Route. A ring of ship wrecks and parts circle the planet. The north pole has a small landing pad, most of the rest of the dry dustu planet is covered by a unimaginably vast salvage yard. Machinery, ships, vehicles, components, and scrap metal are piled high in huge mounds over most of the surface of the planet. The atmosphere and water table are poisoned by leaking reactors, vented gases and other contaminants, requiring the use of breathing apparatus at all times. Korad is the perfect place to dump unwanted materials or to find rare starship components. Traders and Scavengers have rumored that the planet is home to shadowy criminal activity.

shizukanashi
2013-06-05, 11:12 PM
Episode Three: Korad Caper

Finally, the long hyperspace trip ends as yoru ship slips back into realspace. Through the viewport you can see your destination, a brown world called Korad. A dull gray ring circles the planet. As you approach, it becomes obvious that the rings is not composed of asteroids and dust; rather, the ring is made of up thousands of starships wrecks, ranging from tiny snub fighters to battered container ships hundreds of yards long. All are stripped, carbon-scored, and falling apart. Unidentifiable twisted hunks of metal tumble between the ships. You have the feeling that the Whisper is likely here, but searching the ring for a particular ship could take months.

shizukanashi
2013-06-08, 03:16 AM
You begin to fly around the planet casually searching the rings and hoping to contact this Squib you heard about from Morgan. After only a few minutes two of the floating pieces of salvage suddenly move and begin to head toward your ship. You soon realize that they are not ship wrecks at all, but actual working ships, tiny as they maybe. They are just large enough for the small furry humanoids inside them (which are already half the size of a man).

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/5/51/Squib_in_asteroid_hopper.png

They hail your ship, and speak quickly in a high shrill voice that can only be that of a squib.

" Unidentified vessel. Halt in the name of Highest Exalted Ruler! You are trespassing in the realm of The Highest Exalted Ruler. If you wish to salvage you must first obtain salvage rights from the Highest Exalted Ruler. Please make your way to this sector and await the arrival of the Highest Exalted Ruler."

With the message is a set of longitude and latitude that appears to direct you to land at the lone starport at the north pole of the planet. The two ships fall in behind to escort you in.

LtPowers
2013-06-08, 08:06 AM
"Seems reasonable," Kazzarfisa says as she follows the coordinates.

Kazzarfisa

snoopy13a
2013-06-08, 06:39 PM
Once the comm cuts off (and the Squibs can't hear), Cecily says, "Hmm, salvage rights? That should give us a fairly good in."

"Alright, this 'high exalted leader' is probably vain and sensitive to insults. He's also probably a bit of a joke. But treat him seriously and don't laugh at him."

"I think this is the plan: we're a Corellian salvage company: Antilles & Daughter, Inc. (I'm the daughter). My 'father' sent us here to negotiate for salvage rights. You all don't like me because I'm only in charge because I'm the boss's kid."

"I'll do most of the talking and you all follow my lead. We'll see how it goes from there. The goal is to get salvage rights for the ship we're looking for. Ideally, I'd also like to the rights to a few other ships in order to cover our interest in that particular ship. We'll need to find out how much credits we have and any supplies we can possibly barter--that thermal detonator you got from the pirate should be valuable to these salvagers, for example."

shizukanashi
2013-06-08, 07:08 PM
Right after you land, but before you can begin to shut down the engines your comms ring in again. Its the same Squib pilot from before.

"Shut down your engines and exit your ship. Do not leave the High Exalted Ruler's Landing Pad. The High Exalted Ruler will be with you momentarily. Remember the High Exalted Ruler's Planet is poisonous to some lifeforms. The High Exalted Ruler would like to remind you to use a breath mask while breathing the High Exalted Rulers Air."

With that the two "Astroid Hoppers" land and the two pilots get out and wait for you to exit your ship.

Which would look something like this...except everybody has a breath mask on.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100510012714/starwars/images/b/b9/Chiss-squib-tur.jpg

LtPowers
2013-06-08, 09:15 PM
Kazzarfisa nods at Cecily's plan. "But keep in mind the ship's transponder still records it to be belonging to the mining company," her transliterator reports. "The *bzzt* SQUIIIIIIIIIIIBBITS *bzzt* may have noticed that."

She growls menacingly at the device, which hasn't quite incorporated her programming tweak correctly. It helpfully translates the resulting frustration, however: "Mangy technological threat!"

She sighs before giving up for the time being.

"Would you like me to stay on board to enable a quick escape? I don't know how useful I would be in negotiations."

Kazzarfisa

snoopy13a
2013-06-08, 11:14 PM
"We recently bought the ship from Radell, if that comes up. But come along. The squibs might like us better with a diverse crew. An all-human crew could make them a little twitchy.

Also, we need to hide the pirate in case they want to inspect the ship. Maybe gag him and stuff him in some crate?

Finally, we probably need some sort of gift for this High Leader. Actually, I have a idea."

Gorgon_Heap
2013-06-08, 11:14 PM
Korri also agrees with Cecily's plan. "Kazza has a good point. For security's sake - and because we don't come across as civilian salvagers - we might as well stay with the ship.

Cecily, keep an open comm and a backup. This is your show. Kazza, let's keep the main systems on standby and the passive sensors activated."

Dax Thura
2013-06-09, 12:35 AM
"Since I don't like your plan." Thrynn wanted to rescue the Griffons first and is sulking since we didn't. "I'll stay with the ship, keeping it ready to start the real mission."

"I'll have Blue run diagnostics and see what repairs we can do."

LtPowers
2013-06-09, 07:39 AM
Kazzarfisa straps on a breathmask. She stops and shakes her head when Cecily suggests stuffing Morgan in a crate.

'They need a pilot,' she'd been told. 'You'll probably spend most of your time on the ship.'

Then why did it seem like she was most useful as a prop?

Kazzarfisa

shizukanashi
2013-06-09, 02:55 PM
Korri, choosing to pick her battles, allows Thrynn to stay behind. Somebody has to guard the ship and the prisoner after all. She knows full well Kazza is the better choice, but the wookiee is so useful in other ways, despite her protests. This is the curse of leadership she thinks as she dons her Ubese armor (which contains a breath mask)and the rest of you don breath masks and exit via the boarding ramp.

You stand on a carbon-scored landing pad amidst piles of debris and scrap metal. The ships, landspeeders, droids, and outdated machinery form artificial hills and mountains dominating the scenery. A stiff wind whistles eerily through the wreaks and kicks up a brownish-red dust that lingers. You are grateful for your masks.

Within minutes, the whine of repulsorlift engines comes from the south. You turn to see the head of an AT-AT walker poke above the hull of a rusted Corellian Corvette. A brief grip of fear subsides as the rest of the battered walkers body effortlessly crests the debris. Instead of legs, four repulsor engings float the massive bulk of the vehicle through the air. The crude vehicle sets down on the landing pad.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OZ76RFmCP2k/SdEzyBuuY1I/AAAAAAAAAF0/VRu_qxM6aLg/s320/CWald-SWars-hover-atat.jpg

One side of the behemoth has been converted with transparasteel. You can't see inside, but you are certain those inside can see out. A side blast door opens revealing a muscular Gamorrean (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gamorrean). His thick armor is made from the hide of some reptilian creature and his right hand brandishes a wicked vibroglaive. With a toothy smile and a snort, he motions you to board.

Sorry Snoopy I don't want to steal your thunder. There is still time to revel your idea.

I also hope you guys don't mind me taking a few minor liberties with your characters (as I have done with Korri today) Did you want to wear your Ubese Armor?

Finally I really am liking the Roleplaying from Kazzarfisa. 1 CP for good roleplaying keep it up!

Gorgon_Heap
2013-06-09, 03:43 PM
Face hidden, Korri doesn't have to worry about giving anything away as she carefully analyzes the walker (or would they call it a "hover"?) and the ease with which the Gamorrean carries its mighty and frightening weapon.

Her arm across her chest, holding the E-11's barrel pointed down in an easy grip, she looks very much like Cecily's hired muscle and, can quickly snap the weapon up to a firing position.

Korri wears the armor as her duty uniform - so I pretty much see her wearing it all the time. We're undercover as private security anyway, so there's no conflict. The helmet, however, is bulky and top-heavy, so I think she sorta keeps it nearby or on a strap for situations such as this where its benefits outweigh the discomfort.

LtPowers
2013-06-09, 05:47 PM
After a look back at the Wayfarer, the Wookiee pilot follows the others onto the strange metallic beast, hoping Cecily's plan is a good one.

Kazzarfisa

shizukanashi
2013-06-09, 08:14 PM
Inside is a small room with only 3 things of note. The first is a meager cot with a small chest pushed underneath it, apparently where the Gamorrean sleeps. The second is a collection of mismatched seats and couches taken from various space crafts. You recognize a couch from the lounge of YT-1300, as well what looks to be the sensors station chair from a Lamda class shuttle (you recognize it because there is a very similar one on your MU class), the final feature is the one however that dominates the room. Painted on far wall, written in large letter galactic common is a set of rules, which the axe wielding Gamorrean now gestures too before making a chopping motion with the axe and slowly sliding his hand across his throat. You get his meaning. The rules are as follows:

Address Slythor as "Highest Exalted Ruler"
Only speak when asked a direct question by the Highest Exalted Ruler.
Never touch the Highest Exalted Ruler
Do not lie to the Highest Exalted Ruler

The Gamorrean leaves you here in the entrance chamber almost forcibly setting you down on the seats provided. He then leaves through another door that leads to the entertainment area before shutting the door behind him.

http://www.star.etmortius.net/equipement/vehicles/D6%20-%20vehicles%20netbook/images/Star%20Wars%20-%20D6%20-%20Vehicles%20Stats%20Netbook_img_188.jpg

Dax Thura
2013-06-09, 11:03 PM
Once everyone is off the ship, Thrynn closes it up tight. "Ok, Blue, you start on those diagnostics, I'll be scanning the area and manning the comm." Thrynn sits in the co-pilot station and begins looking for the Whisper. He keeps his blaster close by in case someone decides to try and board.
Is Embgard still with us? If so, he's on security detail.

shizukanashi
2013-06-10, 12:26 AM
Thyrnn kicks back in the seat and begins to sweep the area. Due to Cecily's open comm he can hear, everything that is going on inside the AT-PV (all terrain pleasure vehicle)

Only a few seconds pass before the Gamorrean returns. He presses a button on the wall and a drawer that was not previously apparent extends from the wall. He mimes placing his axe into the draw but then uses it to prod at your ribs while making a few grunts and snorts.

He is not going to let you in with any obvious weapons. If you want to conceal something give me a Hide roll. If you refuse to give up your weapons...roll initiative :p

Is Embgard still with us? If so, he's on security detail.

You left him with the Pirates. It looked like he was blasted, but you didn't actually see this happen. There was evidence he was though.
As for Atlas, I am pretty sure he is gone. Any word Snoop? Wasn't he a friend of yours?

LtPowers
2013-06-10, 07:32 AM
Kazzarfisa is tempted to switch her transliterator to Gamorrean, but decides it's not worth the trouble. She lays her bowcaster in the drawer, lacking any obvious way to conceal it.

Kazzarfisa

Dax Thura
2013-06-10, 07:48 AM
AT-PV? All Terrain Pleasure Vehicle? I want one. No. I must have one. I shall make it my goal in this life and the next to have one.:smalltongue:

snoopy13a
2013-06-10, 11:16 AM
Judging the pros and cons of angering a short, fat, ugly alien with an axe (Cecily hasn't seen a Gamorrean before), Cecily hands the alien her heavy blaster pistol and her hold-out blaster--which was in a concealed holster underneath her coat.

Yeah, Embo is gone.

shizukanashi
2013-06-10, 10:57 PM
Once you are sufficiently disarmed the Gamorrean once again reminds you of the rules posted on the wall.

1.Address Slythor as "Highest Exalted Ruler"
2.Only speak when asked a direct question by the Highest Exalted Ruler.
3.Never touch the Highest Exalted Ruler
4.Do not lie to the Highest Exalted Ruler

He then leads you into the Entertainment area. The floors here is bodrite tile, and multiple colored light panels give a strange glow to the room. It is this room that has the transparasteel window and you can clearly see your ship sitting on the landing pad a short distance away. The two squib pilots appear to be standing guard.

There are several plush sofas along the walls, a jet-tub, and a number of gaudy statues, lamps, tapestries and other cheap knick-knacks. Finally prominently displayed is Slythors "Throne" a salvaged captains chair from a Victory class Star Destroyer.

Already seated there is a purple furred Squib with large blue eyes. White tufts of fur extend from his pointed ears. He is well groomed and wears loose fitting expensive clothing. He pays you very little mind as you enter the chamber but instead busies himself with a strange piece of unknown fruit. Gar moves to his side and brandishes his ax. After a time, when he finishes his snack, Slythor, The Highest Exalted Ruler fixes a passive almost bored gaze upon you.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061205113334/starwars/images/c/c0/Slythor.jpg

snoopy13a
2013-06-11, 01:41 AM
Cecily makes a formal curtsy and waits for Sythor to speak.

[No breaking of rule #2]

shizukanashi
2013-06-11, 12:43 PM
Slythor smiles a toothy grin at Cecily, pleased that you have passed his little test.

"Greetings. I am the Great Slythor, Highest Exalted Ruler of Korad, slayer of the Krond beast of Clakdor VII, liberator of the slave vessel Kalpezta, Genius designer of the Peeve. My wealth is immeasurable, my empire is stronger than any before it, my wisdom is unquestionable. What brings you before me today?"

snoopy13a
2013-06-11, 04:20 PM
"Mighty High Exalted Ruler, wisest of wise, bravest of brave," Cecily exclaims, using all of her skill to keep a straight face.

"We have traveled far, from the distant planet of Coreilla, to ask for a boon--to barter for salvage rights with the noblest of nobles, the Mighty High Exalted Ruler."

"Ah, but before, I would be remiss not to honor your presence with a gift. While my fashion sense pales before your striking image, I believe I have an eye for quality."

"Thus, I have brought a handmade Chandrillian scarf, woven from the finest Nerf-fur--prized throughout the Core Worlds. I humbly offer it as a gift to you, High Exalted Ruler."

[The scarf is the gift, taken from Cecily's "one week's worth of expensive clothes."]

shizukanashi
2013-06-11, 05:49 PM
Slythor is pleased at your words and you do not fail to catch the twitch of his ears when you say the word "barter". When you offer the scarf as a gift he is utterly delighted. He jumps down from his chair and in one fluid motions snatches the scarf from you hand and drapes it around his neck.

"You please me with you words and your gift. If you wish to barter, this pleases me as well for it is my very favorite thing. Come we will go to the bagain room! Where we will make a most splendid bargain!"

With that he climbs the ladder behind the jet tub, and beckons you to follow, before you can however The Gamorrean guard pushes his way past to be sure he is next to climb.

When your party finally reaches the top of ladder you find yourself in what can only be described as an 'attic'. Just like the surface of Korad this room is piled high with junk, debris, and odds and ends. Droid parts, old machinery, archaic weapons, cultural treasures, weird trinkets, and bizarre collectables litter the floor and walls. Slythor is lounging on a set of red satin pillows in the only section of the room not covered in clutter, his beautiful Chandrillian Neff-fur scarf flowing lazily from his neck and blanketing the pillows.

"I regret to inform you, that I do not grant blanket salvage rights. What is it you want. As you can see I have everything."

He waves his hands around indicating the "treasures" around you. A small section of the transparasteel wall reaches into this room and he indicates the vast amounts of junkyard out the window as well.

snoopy13a
2013-06-11, 08:52 PM
High Exalted Ruler, I share your love of the trade. I am most interested in an antique Alderaain sporting blaster--quite rare nowadays. I also like to find a motivator for an R5 astromech droid. Finally, I desire a navicomputer interface from . . . (scratching her head) ah, now I remember, a [whatever the model of the Griffons' ship was] scout ship.