PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Ambush Hunter-ish feat?

Phelix-Mu
2013-04-09, 03:32 PM
Hi there,
I'm wondering if there was ever some kind of Swift Hunter/Swift Ambusher-esque feat for Ranger/Rogue out there, maybe in Dragon Mags or web enhancements. I'm dubbing it Ambush Hunter. I'm looking at homebrewing one (since it is kind of very irritating that they make certain multiclass theurge feats but not others...not to mention the hilarious disparity in usefulness/effectiveness), but I would prefer something with official dispensation.

So anyone with deep knowledge of those obscure sources, I could use your knowledge! Thanks in advance.

Person_Man
2013-04-09, 04:22 PM
Nope.

Your Ranger or Rogue synergy options are Ascetic Hunter (Monk/Ranger), Daring Outlaw (Swashbuckler/Rogue), Devoted Inquisitor (Paladin/Rogue), Devoted Tracker (Paladin/Ranger), Razing Strike (Caster/Rogue), Sacred Outlaw (Cleric/Rogue), Savage Grapple (Druid/Rogue), Swift Hunter (Scout/Ranger), and Swift Ambusher (Scout/Rogue). (With the caveat that some of these abilities are keyed to class abilities and not specific class levels, so you can sometimes substitute other classes which provide Favored Enemy or Sneak Attack or Smite Evil or whatever).

Though given the fact that Rogue and Ranger are both Tier 4 classes, I'd be fine with a homebrew Ambush Hunter Feat that allowed Rogue and Ranger to stack for Sneak Attack and Favored Enemy.

Phelix-Mu
2013-04-09, 04:42 PM
Though given the fact that Rogue and Ranger are both Tier 4 classes, I'd be fine with a homebrew Ambush Hunter Feat that allowed Rogue and Ranger to stack for Sneak Attack and Favored Enemy.

Thank you for your opinion on the matter. Swift Hunter is a pretty powerful tool, but I personally wasn't sure if Sneak Attack instead of Skirmish would make it more powerful.

In the end it's all trinkets and baubles next to the flawless adamants of Tier 1 casters.:smallwink:

P.S.- In retrospect, in light of Sacred Outlaw, Ambush Hunter is pretty not overpowered.