View Full Version : munchmunchmunch...[PEACH]

fetfet
2006-11-19, 07:15 PM
Chomp
Large Aberration
9d8 HD (40 HP)
Speed 50 ft. (10 squares)
Init: +1
AC 20; touch 10; flat-footed 19(+1 Dex, +10 natural)
BAB +6/+1; Grp +17
Attack Bite +16
(2d6 + 10, x3)
Full-Attack 2 bites +17/+12/ (2d6 + 10, x3)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Chomp
Special Qualities Bound, Post
Saves Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +4
Abilities Str 30, Dex 13, Con 20, Int 2, Wis 6, Cha 8
Skills--
Feats Awesome Blow, Weapon Focus(bite), Power Attack, Cleave
Environment Any plains
Organization Solitary (1)
Challenge Rating 7
Treasure None
Alignment Usually neutral
Advancement 10-16 HD(Huge)
Level Adjustment --

Before you is a black orb, with a huge mouth. Sharp teeth protrude, and it strives to reach you, but can't. An invisible chain seems to tether it.

Chomp: Three times per day a chomp can bite a target with such force that the target is literally thrown from the chomp's mouth. If a chomp hits with an attack it declares was a chomp, no dice are rolled. Instead, it is counted as max damage and a critical. The character also is thrown 10 feet up.

Bound: A chomp cannot move 100 feet away from its post(see below), lest it take no actions but to return to it's post. If a chomp is involuntarily teleported away from it's post, the teleport automatically fails and the chomp remains in place.

Post: A chomp has a post it is bound to(see above) and the post can only be moved if the character casts dispel magic, break enchantment, and remove curse on the chomp and post. This must be redone every time the post is moved. A post can be destroyed if 3 DC 10 Jump checks are made on the top. I the post is destroyed, the chomp goes insane and attempts to kill the

So?

Jack_Simth
2006-11-19, 09:28 PM
What happens to the chomp if the post is destroyed?

sigurd
2006-11-20, 01:49 AM
Its clever but not much deeper than the bumper on a pinball game.

What is the background of the chomp? What are its weaknesses? Are they made? Summoned? Poisoned? How?

If I could convince one to eat a horse - would that fill it up and for how long? Does it even swallow what it bites?

Sigurd.

Halcyon_Dax
2006-11-20, 03:09 AM
I believe if you remove the post you get a star, correct?

Woof woof.

The post should also be able to be destroyed with 3 DC 20 jump checks onto it.

XtheYeti
2006-11-20, 01:02 PM
Bound: A chomp cannot move 100 feet away from its post,, lest it take no actions but to return. If a chomp is involuntarily teleported away from it's post, the teleport automatically fails.
So?
This needs to be reworded, i dont get this part. And yes 3 DC10 jump checks on top of the post destroy it and you are rewarded with a giant gold coin worth (insert the GP worth the chalenge here)GP