PDA

View Full Version : (PF)Jade Regent - An odd assortment of misfits. IC

Tom Foolery
2013-04-09, 05:33 PM
"By Angradd's balls, it's hot today!" Swore Sheriff Belor Hemlock as he took a moment to wipe his brow before continuing through the market place. The heat felt smothering and seemed to make the smells all the more intense. The exotic smells of imported spices mixing with the smells of fresh, and not so fresh, fish and other smells combined to make a sickly, suffocating stench.

That of course doesn't mention the flies and Belor wasn't going to mention them because that was a rant that everyone had already heard. 'This was no place for a dwarf' Belor thought to himself for what must have been the thousandth time. 'Why did I ever come down from the mountains?'

Reaching the notice board he quickly nailed the new bounty notice up. The new Goblin business was more of an annoyance then anything else but last night people had died when those thrice cursed goblins had fired their fireworks spooked the horses. Something had to be done but hopefully there won't be a repeat of what happened last time.

Stretching Belor looked out to sea. Clouds were gathering black on the horizon. "There be a storm a brewing." He muttered as he made his way back to his desk in the town hall.

Smileybastard
2013-04-09, 06:06 PM
Lyrander

Swinging his longbow around in his hand to keep the flies off him Lyrander walks through the market place when he sees the new bounty notice.

A bounty on goblins. He thought about all the times the little beats had attacked Sandpoint and the deaths that resulted. His thoughts turned to Ameiko and the idea of the little monsters getting to her.

Nodding to himself he reads the sign.

NightOwl451
2013-04-09, 09:39 PM
Ariae had stepped off into an alley once the Sheriff had showed up on the scene. She doubted he knew anything about what she did, but it was best to be safe.

Once he had left, Ariae stepped up to the notice, nodding to the elf also studying the notice. Always best to be polite.

The notice was for a bounty on goblins. Everyone had been fighting them for years, but Ariae had thought things had died down. Apparently not.

This notice meant three things. One, she might actually be able to get out of this town for a while. Two, it was interesting, and more of a challenge then her thefts had been recently. Three, if it was goblins, then Shalelu would probably be involved. Ariae would not miss the chance to work with her hero, not for the world.

Smileybastard
2013-04-09, 09:43 PM
Lyrander

Lyrander looks at the new arrival, noting she is an elf.

Hello, interested in the bounty?

shugyosha
2013-04-09, 10:01 PM
Prium

He smiled as he walked and whistled a happy tune. Prium was happy today, he didn't really know why, he just was. As sheriff Hemlock past by he said, "Good day Sheriff. How are things?"

Starbin
2013-04-10, 12:15 PM
Grishnash walked along the street, his face set in stone as he headed for the town hall. Passersby, however, were well acquainted with the half-orc's normal mein and many waved or said hello, eliciting a response back from the fierce-looking figure. When it was a child, however, the huge inquisitor would lean down to greet them, often offering a faint, shy smile in response to their own.

Before he reached the hall, he saw Sheriff Hemlock and Prium chatting in the roadway. He approached and nodded to both, clapping Prium on the back. "Heyo, Sheriff ... Prium. Are you talking about the bounty? If so, I would like to find out more ..."

Figure Grish and Prium have met before, given their connection to Koya.

Dark Hawk799
2013-04-10, 02:04 PM
Anurala was in town buying some supplies, she has her hood drawn up so that no townsfolk could see her face and features.

As she was leaving, she saw the notice. Sheer curiosity got the better of her and she moved closer to read it. Seeing that it was a bounty, see went over the decision in her head and decided it would be a good way to show that she isn't evil to the townsfolk.

NightOwl451
2013-04-10, 02:11 PM
Ariae turned and smiled at the elf beside her.

It's a way out of this small town. Are you thinking about it?

Smileybastard
2013-04-10, 02:26 PM
Lyrander

Lyrander smiles back at Ariae.
I am not thinking about it. I am planning on it.

If you are interested we could join forces and split the profits. I imagine that a team would fare better than an individual.

shugyosha
2013-04-10, 02:43 PM
Prium

"Morning to you, Grishnash," he says to the half-orc. "I haven't see the bounty, but I believe that is what has gotten our dear sheriff down."

NightOwl451
2013-04-10, 02:47 PM
Ariae debated the idea for a moment, then nodded.

A team is more likely to succeed where one person would fail. I would be willing to work with you. Do you know of anyone else who is interested in this bounty?

Everyone had to start somewhere. Here was as good a place as any other.

Smileybastard
2013-04-10, 02:59 PM
Lyrander

Lyrander looks around. Not yet, but it was just put up.

There are two over there talking to the Sheriff, they may be interested.

Tom Foolery
2013-04-10, 04:53 PM
"Hello to you to Prium. I'm sorry about yur parents. I would nar a called on yur da had I know what would have happened." He greeted the young cleric sadly before turning to the half-orc and saying simply, "Grishnash," and giving him a nod.

"Ack, the bloody goblins have gotten themselves fireworks and have started attacking the caravans again. Their nothing but a pain in me rump, I tell you, but the fireworks are scaring the horses and that getting people kill." He shakes his head in disgust. "Getting rid of them would make some good work for you orc."

"If'n yur going after that bounty, Prium, be careful. I don't think me old heart could take it if we lost you so soon after yer ma and da."

Dark Hawk799
2013-04-10, 05:09 PM
Anurala moves closer to the two elves, trying to listen in on their conversation. Are you two planning on going after this bounty?

Starbin
2013-04-10, 05:25 PM
At the dwarf's attitude, Grishnash raised an eyebrow. He had grown used to the treatment, and obviously had little chance of changing his mind. Besides, he appeared to be busy doting on Prium right now.

Clearing his throat, he simply said, "Half."

shugyosha
2013-04-10, 05:50 PM
Prium

"Thank you sheriff," he says with a smile, "I know my parents are in a better place, their souls are at rest, and I think it's a pleasant day."

"I wasn't planning on going after that bounty but I think Grishnash is. If he goes I better make sure he comes back safe, don't you think?"

Smileybastard
2013-04-10, 05:59 PM
Lyrander

Lyrander turns to look at Anurala and pauses at her unusual appearance.

Yes we were planning on it.

Dark Hawk799
2013-04-10, 06:11 PM
Would you mind if I were to accompany you?

Smileybastard
2013-04-10, 06:20 PM
Lyrander

I have no issue with it.
Lyrander looks towards Ariae. Um ... I am sorry. We should introduce ourselves. My name is Lyrander Koress.

He blushes slightly realizing he is talking to two women.

Tom Foolery
2013-04-10, 06:37 PM
Prium

"Thank you sheriff," he says with a smile, "I know my parents are in a better place, their souls are at rest, and I think it's a pleasant day."

"I hope you be right lad. Yur Ma and Da were good people." The old dwarf sighed.

"I wasn't planning on going after that bounty but I think Grishnash is. If he goes I better make sure he comes back safe, don't you think?"

"Ay lad. As much as I hate to say it our orc here does make this town a safer place. Just be careful those goblins can be tricky bastards if'n you let them. I'm afraid I'm having ta say goodbye for now. I be having work ta do."

The old dwarf turn leave and take a couple of steps before turning back to face Grisnash, "If'n you be taking the boy make sure you bring him back, ye kin?....And yourself too, ya lummox."

NightOwl451
2013-04-10, 07:07 PM
Ariae studied the other woman, then shrugged.

The more people, the better chance we have at surviving.

Then she grinned.

I am Ariae.

Dark Hawk799
2013-04-10, 07:11 PM
And I am Anurala

Starbin
2013-04-10, 07:45 PM
Grishnash nodded, still stoic for a moment. Then he gave the dwarf a wan smile and looked to Prium. "Want to read the poster?"

Smileybastard
2013-04-10, 07:58 PM
Lyrander

Lyrander smiles and bows. Nice to meet you both.

shugyosha
2013-04-10, 08:59 PM
Prium

Grishnash nodded, still stoic for a moment. Then he gave the dwarf a wan smile and looked to Prium. "Want to read the poster?"

He shrugs and then says, "Sure."

Heading to where two elves and a human woman are talking he says, "Excuse me."

Dark Hawk799
2013-04-10, 09:37 PM
Are you both looking into the bounty as well?Anurala asks Prium.

Starbin
2013-04-10, 11:29 PM
The taller of the two men was a tall, hulking, beast of a half-orc, like many of his kind. Dark ashen skin, a jutting brow, and tufted ears gave him a monstrous mien, compounded by the single jutting tusk. He wore a large overcoat woven with metal, and carried a huge axe across his back.

He glanced over at the group, raising an eyebrow for a moment as he considered the trio. Looking at Prium, he shrugged. "Yes. Seems the right thing to do, money or no."

Pausing for a moment, he tilted his head to the group. "I'm Grishnash and he's Prium. You are?"

Smileybastard
2013-04-10, 11:34 PM
Lyrander

Lyrander smiles when Grishnash says it is the right thing to do.

I am Lyrander and these are my new friends Ariae and Anurala.

It seems we are pulling together a full expedition.

shugyosha
2013-04-10, 11:54 PM
Prium

"Yes, yes it looks like it," he replies with a smile. "So how do you want to approach finding this bounty?"

Smileybastard
2013-04-11, 12:08 AM
Lyrander

Lyrander thinks a moment.
I suggest we ask around and get some information today and head out and see if we can find some goblins.
He pauses a moment.
Is anyone good at tracking?

Starbin
2013-04-11, 11:15 AM
Grishnash nodded to the others, then shrugged in response to Lyrander's question. "I've followed a trail or two."

Looking over his shoulder in the direction the sheriff had disappeared, he considered for a moment, then spoke. "Sheriff's busy, but he mentioned fireworks. We could see if anyone lost a shipment of them. We should also talk with the last caravan to come to town, see where they were attacked."

Smileybastard
2013-04-11, 11:21 AM
Lyrander

That sounds good. Maybe one of the Caravans earlier was carrying fireworks. Also we should inquire if any caravans are to arrive soon or are late and from where they are coming.

Or head out for that matter.

Starbin
2013-04-13, 01:32 AM
Grishnash nodded at the logic. "Onward, then.". He headed in the direction of whatever office handled caravans ... Not likely a merchant's guild or town hall.

NightOwl451
2013-04-13, 11:57 AM
Ariae listened to the conversation with interest, wanting to see what the other said. Finally she spoke up.

I think that talking to the caravans is a good idea. Does anyone know where they are?

Smileybastard
2013-04-13, 12:28 PM
Lyrander

Lyrander looks at Ariae and smiles. I am hoping the big guy knows and sets off after him. I didn't think there was much organization to be honest.

shugyosha
2013-04-13, 12:58 PM
Prium

The young man shrugs and follows his friend.

"Are you folks new to Sandpoint? I haven't seen you before."

Smileybastard
2013-04-13, 01:02 PM
Lyrander

I have lived here my whole life, I guess I just don't stand out much. I do tend to stick to myself and I do tend to work the night shift as I prefer the dark.

shugyosha
2013-04-13, 01:03 PM
Prium

"So what is your work?" he asks Lysander.

Smileybastard
2013-04-13, 02:16 PM
Lyrander

Town watch, but I think I am due for a change.

shugyosha
2013-04-13, 04:00 PM
Prium

"My father was the cities mortician and my mother was a mid-wife. I sort inherited their jobs when the pasted away."

Smileybastard
2013-04-13, 04:21 PM
Lyrander

Lyrander smiles. You guide them into the world and then guide them out.

Dark Hawk799
2013-04-13, 07:19 PM
I live outside the town by myself.

Smileybastard
2013-04-13, 07:59 PM
Lyrander

Why do you live outside by yourself?

Dark Hawk799
2013-04-13, 09:05 PM
Because I, um, like the solitary of the wilderness.

Yeah something like that.

Smileybastard
2013-04-13, 09:13 PM
Lyrander

Lyrander smiles and nods. Interesting.

King Tius
2013-04-13, 11:12 PM
Aurelius Stormscale

A young and handsome human man strides up towards the message board as you gather around. His hair is slightly disheveled but his armor is spotless. A longsword is strapped to his back, much like one would expect of a larger weapon. He reads the message board and stands quietly listening in on your conversation until the caravans are mentioned.

"Excuse me, I couldn't help overhearing. You're going after these goblins and need a caravan to talk to? I'm your man on both counts. I'm a caravan guard for Sandru and I've got a horse-sized bone to pick with those psychotic little munchkins. Where are my manners? Aurelius Stormscale at your service."

He tucks his hand behind his back as he bows, showing that he was raised with more than a bit of money and class. As he bends down the back of his neck becomes visible from underneath his armor and tunic. A lipstick mark is planted firmly on his nape, clearly unnoticed by the lad.

Starbin
2013-04-15, 09:44 AM
Grishnash paused as he turned to leave. Glancing back at the armored man, he nods. "I am Grishnash ... the others are Prium, Lyrander, Ariae, and Anurala. As you have overhead, we are seeking news from the caravans. Does your caravan deal in fireworks?" He waved for the man to lead on ...

King Tius
2013-04-15, 09:50 AM
Aurelius Stormscale

Aurelius tries to nod and smile at each person as they are mentioned but he gets confused/lost pretty quickly. He isn't the best with names.

"Honestly, I spend most of my time with my eyes on the horizon, not the wagons. Even if he doesn't deal with them directly, I'm willing to bet Sandru knows who had those fireworks."

Smileybastard
2013-04-15, 01:07 PM
Lyrander

Then lets talk to Sandru! Would he also know about carvans heading out soon or ones due in?

King Tius
2013-04-15, 07:37 PM
"Probably, if I had to guess."

*WE GO TO SANDRU*

Starbin
2013-04-16, 09:57 AM
Grishnash looked a bit impatient. "Yes. Let us go."

Yes ... let's go. Thought I had initiated this before, but now that we have a contact with an actual caravan master, onward and upward!

shugyosha
2013-04-16, 10:09 AM
Prium

He smiles and follows the others.

Smileybastard
2013-04-16, 12:13 PM
Lyrander

Lyrander talks to Ariae as he follows the group. So what do you do?

NightOwl451
2013-04-16, 02:54 PM
Ariae smiled slightly.

I try to stay out of trouble. But if you ever need someone to, ... acquire something, then come to me.

Smileybastard
2013-04-16, 03:04 PM
Lyrander

Lyrander smiles, then leans over and whispers in Ariae's ear.
Be careful, I do currently work for the town watch.

Tom Foolery
2013-04-16, 04:38 PM
You arrive at a small camp setup in the city's greens outside of Sandpoint. There are several wagons spread out over the camp with a collection of workers and possibly some of their families working around the site. There is the sound of talk and laughter with a fiddle playing in somewhere in the camp.

It looks like the caravan has been here a little while which is odd for caravans. They generally like to move quickly from city to city.

Starbin
2013-04-16, 04:43 PM
Glancing around, Grishnash looked back to Aurelius. "Interesting. I thought most caravans lived on the move. This one looks ready to settle in.

Regardless, Lead on, friend. Where is this Sandru?"

Smileybastard
2013-04-16, 04:52 PM
Lyrander

Lyrander looks around carefully at the camp looking for anything odd other than their sedentary leanings.

perception[roll0]

shugyosha
2013-04-16, 11:23 PM
Prium

He was used to the forward nature of Grishnash. He continued with the others, smiling and nodding at the caravan members.

if you haven't notice my signature, I'm on vacation and will have intermittent web access.

King Tius
2013-04-17, 07:24 AM
Aurelius Stormscale

"Good question. Let's see if we can find him around here somewhere..." The young man sets off into the camp, headed towards where he most likely expects Sandru to be.

OOC: I have no idea where he is but Aurelius might. Can you move us along, DM?

Dark Hawk799
2013-04-17, 03:00 PM
Anurala follows the rest of the group through the caravan to where Sandru might be.

Tom Foolery
2013-04-18, 06:46 PM
Lyrander
You notice while things seem up beat in the camp there does seem to be an thread of disgruntlement underlining it.

A tall and dark stranger dressed in the traditional Varisian clothes approaches your group. His short dark brown hair is cut short a well groomed as is his short bread. He has several gold necklaces hang from his neck and bring ones attention to the fact that his shirt is almost open to his waist.

After a quick glance at each of you he smiles at Aurelius and says. "Aurel! It is good to see you again my friend! Has that sheriff gotten of his backside and done something about those goblins yet? I am expected in Kalsgard by the end of the month!"

shugyosha
2013-04-19, 02:02 PM
Prium

"Greetings. You must be Sandru. My companions here are looking to investigate the goblin theft of some fireworks," the calm man says.

King Tius
2013-04-19, 02:18 PM
Aurelius smiles despite himself at Sandru's good spirit. "That's what these folks are here about, Sandy. I'm thinking of tagging along and helping out. Do you know whose wagon was attacked? We'd like to get some more information before we head out scalping."

Starbin
2013-04-19, 02:54 PM
Grishnash let the others talk for now, content that progress was at least being made. Glancing around the caravan, he wondered how many goblins might actually be out there, harassing the various merchants coming and going.

Smileybastard
2013-05-13, 05:20 PM
Lyrander

Lyrander tries his best to listen to the talk of the people around him and says to the stranger, We have come to ask if there are any caravans due or heading out soon? It seems the best way to hunt the goblins is with bait.

Starbin
2013-05-16, 11:54 PM
Grishnash nodded grudgingly, adding his agreement to Lyrander's entreaty. He was eager to start the mission, certain their work was worthy and beneficial to the town.