PDA

View Full Version : Star Conflict: Shooting things in SPAAAACE

Woodzyowl
2013-04-10, 02:44 AM
So I've been playing a lot of Star conflict recently (it's on Steam) and was wondering if anybody else played and/or wanted to start an official thread to get more people playing. Because solo queue isn't as much fun as team play.

mistformsquirrl
2013-04-13, 04:53 PM
I played quite a bit when it first launched on Steam, and I enjoyed it a fair bit; but my favorite ships (Frigates) felt a bit weak compared to Fighters and Interceptors.

Still, it's an interesting game, and I hope it grows and expands; I'm tempted to play again soon. Imo it's kind of like "World of Tanks: IN SPACE" which is not a bad thing to be.

Woodzyowl
2013-04-13, 05:41 PM
I played quite a bit when it first launched on Steam, and I enjoyed it a fair bit; but my favorite ships (Frigates) felt a bit weak compared to Fighters and Interceptors.

Still, it's an interesting game, and I hope it grows and expands; I'm tempted to play again soon. Imo it's kind of like "World of Tanks: IN SPACE" which is not a bad thing to be.

Right now, the meta for PvP (if such a thing can be implied in an open beta) is about 60% interceptors, 30% frigates (mostly Jericho and Empire), and 10% fighters. There's always some odd strategies (often mass frigates to attack an enemy captain), but that's generally the best composition. If you ever want to play, my in-game name is the same as my forum name. I have another 2 people I play with on mumble, so we could do the PvE easily with one more.