PDA

View Full Version : D&D Only?

Rephath
2013-04-10, 02:56 AM
I design my own tabletop RPG's. I dislike D&D and Pathfinder. Thankfully the forum rules here do not allow you to say all the horrible and true things that this fact reveals about my lack character, intelligence, good taste, common sense, and so on.

Anyway, my question is, is this area for homebrew additions to D&D and Pathfinder games, homebrew additions to any published games, or does it allow for systems created from scratch. The last is mainly what I do, and I have a game I could use some feedback on.

Also, this game is on a wiki. Do I have to post the rules in forums or can I link to an exterior page and receive criticism here?

LordErebus12
2013-04-10, 04:03 AM
Anyway, my question is, is this area for homebrew additions to D&D and Pathfinder games, homebrew additions to any published games, or does it allow for systems created from scratch. The last is mainly what I do, and I have a game I could use some feedback on.

Of course, you came to the right place. just make sure its one of the first things mentioned up top, and again in the title. helps to know at a glance that its a different system.

Also, this game is on a wiki. Do I have to post the rules in forums or can I link to an exterior page and receive criticism here?

both, although it might be better for you (and us) to import it here and work with through the forum.

Rephath
2013-04-10, 04:08 AM
Will do although I have a metric crapload of information so far. Would I be allowed to double post for all the info I have to dump, or do I have to post one section and wait for a reply before posting the next section?

TuggyNE
2013-04-10, 04:36 AM
Will do although I have a metric crapload of information so far. Would I be allowed to double post for all the info I have to dump, or do I have to post one section and wait for a reply before posting the next section?

Homebrew threads have special exceptions both to double-posting and necromancy; the creator may double-post freely, and may also necro their own thread freely, so long as they're actually noting some change, adding some material, or similar. (No posting "bump", in other words.)

So yeah, go for it, and good luck. :smallsmile:

laeZ1
2013-04-10, 08:25 AM
I would also like to suggest that you be liberal with the spoiler tags:smallbiggrin:
to save space, of course.

Zireael
2013-04-10, 10:18 AM
From me:
1) "necro" here seems to be "posting after 2 months" -> as I discovered myself by accident
2) I used to stick to D&D, then tried my hand at a homebrew system, but after reading M&M, I think I'll give up on my own system and use M&M instead

Greenish
2013-04-10, 11:35 AM
From me:
1) "necro" here seems to be "posting after 2 months" -> as I discovered myself by accidentThread necromancy is posting in a thread that hasn't had any activity for 6 weeks or longer. You can "discover" things like that by reading the Forum Rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1). :smalltongue: