PDA

View Full Version : Armour with X/- Damage Reduction, Magical or not

Vaz
2013-04-10, 08:10 AM
Not the Variant rule, but the Ironsoul Forgemaster; it gains a stacking Damage reduction; the only one I can think of is that on Adamantine Armour. Is there any other way to get DR/- on my Armour without being forced into Adamantine Full Plate?

Xerxus
2013-04-10, 10:19 AM
In Pathfinder a fighter with the armor master archetype gets DR X/- depending on level and armor type. It also stacks with adamantine.

Lapak
2013-04-10, 11:24 AM
Barbarians gain DR/-, though it might be tough to fit enough levels into a useful Forgemaster build.

Siosilvar
2013-04-10, 11:56 AM
There are some +2 properties in MIC that give DR 5/two physical damage types. If you take all three you get effectively DR 5/-. I'm not sure it's worth taking the +6 cost modifier for that though.

If you can convince the DM to let you enchant your armor with biofeedback (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/biofeedback.htm), that's 2/-. It'd be 24k if you get a Psion to make it or 4k if you get a Psychic Warrior to make it. Given the cost of Adamantine Medium Armor for the same DR, 24k seems reasonable - 15k, even.

Just to Browse
2013-04-10, 12:05 PM
The Mineral Warrior template has LA+1 and DR 8/adamantine.

Ranos
2013-04-10, 12:43 PM
I'm pretty sure some armor crystals in the MIC gave you very cheap DR.

tonberrian
2013-04-10, 01:50 PM
There are some +2 properties in MIC that give DR 5/two physical damage types. If you take all three you get effectively DR 5/-. I'm not sure it's worth taking the +6 cost modifier for that though.

That's not quite true; you just need a weapon that is both of any two damage types to overcome it, like a morningstar, or a bite or claw/talon.

Siosilvar
2013-04-10, 01:52 PM
That's not quite true; you just need a weapon that is both of any two damage types to overcome it, like a morningstar, or a bite or claw/talon.

True as printed in MIC, I'll give you. In Complete Warrior they explicity "stack" like that.

tonberrian
2013-04-10, 02:14 PM
True as printed in MIC, I'll give you. In Complete Warrior they explicity "stack" like that.

Except they only stack up to two at a time, meaning that a bite attack can still pierce all three DR's at once.