PDA

View Full Version : a vomit of questions [3.5 PF]

b300mussolini
2013-04-10, 11:11 AM
so i am a new DM and a few of my players are telling me about their builds that are leaving me with a lot of questions.

first of all we have a gunslinger in the party. ok i know that Guns attack touch AC within there first range increment but i think this is a bit unfair to the rest of the weapon. i was wondering if it would to unfair to say that they have to attack normal AC but if they miss normal AC and hit the touch AC they do absolute minimum damage and don't get to add static bonus like str. not likely to come up to much because he has a to hit of yes.

they also are saying that they get to double stack the same ability mods to stuff like AC and damage. Does this work? personally i don't think it would work like that because of the way the abilities are described.

if a creature using leap attack provokes and a CMB like trip or grapple or disarm is used against them what happens to them?
*what happens when you uses a action that would provoke an AoO on an AoO, like trying to disarm a guy who tries to drink a potion near you?*

more questions as they come up

Greenish
2013-04-10, 11:29 AM
1. Guns aren't that great. See if it's really a problem before trying to fix it.

2. Bonuses of the same type, or from the same source (say, monk's AC Bonus class feature) do not stack. If someone gets, say, bonus to Shield AC and Insight Bonus to AC, both equal to Charisma, they would stack.

3. They make the check against being tripped/grappled/disarmed.

4. AoO happens before the provoking action, so here the drinker would first make AoO, then the other guy would make his (that provokes the drinker's AoO), then the drinker would drink his potion.

Lazers etcetera
2013-04-10, 11:42 AM
1. Guns aren't that great. See if it's really a problem before trying to fix it.

This. Let them have all the perks they can.

Greenish is right on the other stuff too.

So, erm...

killem2
2013-04-10, 02:11 PM
first of all we have a gunslinger in the party. ok i know that Guns attack touch AC within there first range increment but i think this is a bit unfair to the rest of the weapon.

when you look at the grand scheme, it really isn't.

I am having guns in my next session and they are going to be simple weapons. because guns are so rejected in d&d.