PDA

View Full Version : League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Dodgeson
2013-04-10, 11:30 AM
Deep beneath London four extraordinary individuals gather in small black room, spartan bar a few rows of cheap plastic chairs, the only light coming from the white screen projected on to the wall in front of them.

In front of them stands a middle aged man in a black business suit, a thin beard visible around his mouth.

"I'm sure you're wondering why you are here."

metakirb
2013-04-10, 11:40 AM
"The thought had crossed my mind."

stanleyindraven
2013-04-10, 12:20 PM
"If I hadn't, I would now," the American says with a little sarcasm.

Obscurejones
2013-04-10, 01:17 PM
"Actually I'm wondering why you don't either shave or go all out. The thin beard is the facial hair of a pederast, everyone knows that. You need it full and bushy or clean shaven or else you're going to get band from playgrounds across this flimsy nation of yours."
Ned's accent is indeterminate and his smirk grating. Partially it is intentional, designed to keep the suited man from focusing to strongly as Ned tries to break into his innermost thoughts. Partially it's just a natural talent for being a bit of a prick.
Mind Reading 15 [roll0] opposed by suit man's Will. He'll need to have a threshold of at least 5 to resist. Also Dodgeson, give me an OOC thread to post my character sheet into, please and thank you.

The_Admiral
2013-04-11, 04:49 AM
Not really, no, mostly curiosity with a dash of recklessness, also, "flimsy nation?" I resent that statement.

Dodgeson
2013-04-12, 03:24 PM
The man shoots Ned a weary gaze as he responds to his rather rude remarks.

"I'll thank you to keep that sort of talk to yourself Mr Collins, at least try to act professional. Now as for why you're here, this..."

He snaps his fingers and feral canine howling fills the room, emitted from some unseen speakers.

"...message was received from Cromer Military Housing Unit in Norfolk followed by a complete black out of communication. Fifty-three minutes later these images were recovered from the last transmission of the special response team scrambled to investigate."

The man snaps his fingers again and steps to the side as the projection on the wall flickers in to life. As could be expected the camera is incredibly shaky, showing a first person view of a soldier moving through a thick fog along with the rest of his unit. This quickly gives way to shouts and gunfire, an unseen assailant returning fire from within the fog, the last thing before the camera cuts out as its carrier hits the ground is the crunch of bone as something knocks him down from behind.

With that the projection finishes and the lights raise.

"Now then, any questions before we proceed?"

The man's thoughts run thusly: "Oh wonderful, another joker, I remember when this position carried some respect...". As the sound plays his thoughts turn to that, drifting off it to what he's having for dinner as the video footage plays on to the screen.

((MEANWHILE! IN THE OOC THREAD! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15079387#post15079387)))

metakirb
2013-04-12, 03:44 PM
Sounds like we're dealing with Werewolves.

The vampire sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

This would have been so much easier if Fenrich had come with me.

Obscurejones
2013-04-12, 10:17 PM
"So... Any survivors? Or scraps of bloody fabric we can interview?"
As he makes easy banter he tries pulling some more interesting information from the flunky's mind.
Ripping a question out of the flunky's mind. Rolling against 15 [roll0]Threshold of 5. He needs an opposed will roll of at least that much."What are my colleagues?"

stanleyindraven
2013-04-13, 08:42 PM
"Why specifically werewolves? They don't usually use guns. I mean, it could be anything at this point," the american responds.

Obscurejones
2013-04-13, 11:43 PM
"Well that's racist."

The_Admiral
2013-04-14, 12:33 AM
Sure, where do we start?

metakirb
2013-04-14, 04:16 AM
The vampire turns to the American.

I've seen a good number of werewolves able to retain control of themselves once transformed, making them capable of using human weapons and thier werewolf forms. I'm assuming werewolves from the howling that they were sent to investigate. Still, at this point it's all a guess.

Dodgeson
2013-04-14, 01:33 PM
"No such luck I'm afraid, we'll be sending you in blind. Your missions is to locate the source of that howling and neutralise it. I assume one of you can drive?"

The man currently speaking in defense of werewolves, claims to be a vampire, though none like the League has ever encountered. Which gives his claims of coming from some 'Netherworld' slight credence. The two Americans are a monster hunter of no small talent and ((if I recall correctly)) the descendent of an adventurer in possession of a jetpack.

((If y'all could post a link to your character sheet in the OOC that'd be most appreciated.))

Obscurejones
2013-04-14, 11:17 PM
"Go speed racer drive, or morning commute? I can commute."
Well that's the interesting stuff over with... Anything to grab just to freak the squares? Nah. No need to burn bridges.

stanleyindraven
2013-04-15, 09:08 AM
"I can drive, just like most people. A few years on the force led to several car chases," Nick seems to think it would be silly if someone couldn't drive.

metakirb
2013-04-15, 12:24 PM
Ah that's right, you use those strange things to travel in this world.

Obscurejones
2013-04-15, 12:51 PM
"We call them horseless carriages, Varney. Usefull for when we can't find a jet black stallion. Or are you more of a pale horse type guy?"

The_Admiral
2013-04-15, 12:55 PM
Well, who needs a car when one can fly?

Dodgeson
2013-04-15, 03:38 PM
"I believe Mr Burkhardt will be driving, now if you'll all follow me we can requisition your equipment."

With that he turns and heads for the door, sliding open as he approaches, leading the heroes down a series of twisting corridors before arriving at another thick, heavy door. He leans in and talks in to a microphone.

"Mr. Smith."

With a heavy grinding of machinery the door slowly slides in to a room lined with heavy blacked out cases.

"I've been briefed on your capabilities. Any questions?"

metakirb
2013-04-15, 03:50 PM
Varney? Well that is a new one.

He laughs to himself.

I must admit I'd gotten quite used to "Valzy". But I suppose I can't stop you. Oh, and we use portals. Much quicker than vehicles or animals.

He turns to the man asking about questions.

How many days worth of Sardines are you providing?

Obscurejones
2013-04-15, 06:38 PM
"Can I bring along a personal tablet? Seems easier than redownloading all my books and apps.

Also, Sardines? Are you a penguin, Varney?"

stanleyindraven
2013-04-16, 06:52 AM
"So, ballistics vests, rifles, grenades if needed? What about hand-to-hand weapons, are those in here too," Nick asked the serious agent.

The_Admiral
2013-04-16, 09:12 AM
Well, yes you've been explaining why we're getting the toys we're getting, but we still don't know what toys we are getting.

Dodgeson
2013-04-16, 12:24 PM
"I'm afraid firearms and explosives are going to be out of the question for the most of you until you receive the proper training. Luckily this isn't the first time we've had to cater to more esoteric talents."

With that he walks in to the room unlocking a number of the cases and removing a pistol, a ballistic vest and a large sword and axe, laying them out in front of the heroes.

stanleyindraven
2013-04-16, 12:35 PM
"Okay, I know how to use all of that, and guns. I have been a cop for a few years, after all." The sarcasm dripped from every word.

metakirb
2013-04-16, 03:07 PM
Valvatorez picks up the sword and starts examining it.

You still didn't answer the Sardine question.

The_Admiral
2013-04-20, 02:28 AM
......I do not know how to use any of these, do I get any toys I can use?

Obscurejones
2013-04-20, 12:19 PM
Without any particular fanfare Edward pulls out a smartphone and starts scrolling through. As he reads he hums softly under his breath (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z2M_hpoPwk).

Dodgeson
2013-04-21, 02:42 AM
"Your file did mention rather limited weapons experience, these might help."

Moving to another case he removes a set of brass knuckles and adds them to the pile.

The_Admiral
2013-04-21, 07:05 AM
Thank you, James replies, picking up the knuckles and weighing them.

So, if everyone's got what they want, let's hurry up, where's the car? he continues, slipping the knuckles into a pocket.

metakirb
2013-04-30, 10:31 AM
Yes, I suppose we'd better get moving pretty soon.

Dodgeson
2013-04-30, 01:00 PM
"Indeed, if you'll just follow me our next stop is the parking bay."

With that he leads them through a series of corridors and stairways lined with paintings and portraits. Soon enough they'll arrive in an almost empty parking bay in which sits a large black jeep with tinted black windows.

"Comms and sardines are located in the glove box. The sat-nav has been programmed with your destination. Any questions?"

stanleyindraven
2013-04-30, 05:19 PM
"Have enough gas to get there and back," Nick asks.

Dodgeson
2013-05-05, 02:11 AM
"Of course, what sort of organization do you think we're running here."

Obscurejones
2013-05-05, 02:31 PM
"Are the sardines for everybody?"

metakirb
2013-05-06, 04:37 AM
Those would be mine, unless anybody else really wants some. Remarkable mighty things. Powerful enough to stand as a replacement for my blood requirements.

Obscurejones
2013-05-06, 09:43 AM
"...Wait, could you chug Worcestershire sauce then? Or do anchovies not work as well?"

metakirb
2013-05-06, 02:13 PM
The vampire shrugs.

My vow that prevented me from drinking human blood was well over five hundred years ago, I don't remember the details of how it came to be. But still, don't underestimate Sardine power.

stanleyindraven
2013-05-06, 09:52 PM
"Okay, weird guys, we have something to do," Nick laughs.

The_Admiral
2013-05-07, 04:18 AM
James gets into the back seat and says, Well, let's go. fastening his seatbelt.

metakirb
2013-05-07, 08:43 AM
Valvatorez also gets into a back seat.

Obscurejones
2013-05-08, 12:16 AM
Ned hops into shotgun, drumming his hands on the dashboard.

stanleyindraven
2013-05-08, 05:52 AM
"Can't imagine how this drive will go," Nick says as he climbs into the front seat.

Dodgeson
2013-05-09, 12:23 PM
Well off they go then, the journey towards their destination should be entirely uneventful, until that is they get within roughly a mile when a dense fog settles all around the car.

stanleyindraven
2013-05-09, 07:39 PM
"Want me to keep driving? I can't really see," Nick asks the others.

metakirb
2013-05-14, 01:03 PM
Do we have much other choice?

The_Admiral
2013-05-15, 04:53 AM
Just keep on driving will ya? James replied, seemingly bored.

stanleyindraven
2013-05-15, 05:34 PM
"Alright," Nick says as he continues to follow the road.

Obscurejones
2013-05-16, 08:04 AM
"Honestly, the best case scenario is we're hunting something that can put down a special forces team. Why the hell would we get out of the car?"

Dodgeson
2013-05-18, 02:22 AM
As they continue forward the sound of gun fire rings out from somewhere in front of them, several bullets narrowly missing the vehicle.

The_Admiral
2013-05-18, 02:36 AM
OI YOU LOT! STOP SHOOTING! James shouts, sticking his head out of the car for a few mere seconds and popping back in before it got blown off.

stanleyindraven
2013-05-18, 07:57 AM
Nick floors it trying to pinpoint where the shots are coming from so he can run into it. (Seem like automatic rifles or pistol fire?)

Dodgeson
2013-05-22, 01:47 PM
It seems like automatic, coming from directly in front of them if the muzzle flash is to be believed. As they gun forwards their assailants will become clear, four men in army dress standing behind a pair of SUV's that have been parked to block the road.