PDA

View Full Version : New feats (3.5 PEACH)

inuyasha
2013-04-10, 03:53 PM
Shin kicker! [General]
Prerequisites: Small or smaller size, Improved unarmed strike
Benefits:
When you use the benefit of unarmed strike to deal lethal damage, the target must make a fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 your character level+your strength modifier) or else be stunned for 1d4 rounds
Normal:
you can kick shins...but you arent special

Magical aptitude [General]
Prerequisites: Any non spellcaster class, Charisma 13+
Benefits:
You gain the ability to cast 2 cantrips 1/day each as a standard action. Once used, you must wait until the next day to use them, and once chosen, your cantrips cannot be changed
Normal: you can wave your hands around all you want, you cannot manipulate magic krusk...
Special:
This feat may be taken more than once, to either increase the use of 2 cantrips by another time each day, or to gain 2 new cantrips. This feat may be taken once every 3 levels

Precision blow [General]
Prerequisites: Dex 13+
Benefits:
Before making an attack, you can choose to gain a bonus on the attack roll, this bonus can be anywhere from +1 to a maximum of your character level. If this attack succeeds however, the damage dealt is decreased by the bonus to the attack roll
Normal:
sure...you can take a penalty to your attack roll...why would you want to?

I might make more :)

Devronq
2013-04-11, 03:48 AM
Precision blow [General]
Benefits:
Before making an attack, you can choose to gain a bonus on the attack roll, this bonus can be anywhere from +1 to a maximum of your character level. If this attack succeeds however, the damage dealt is decreased by the bonus to the attack roll
Normal:

I can see this being abused alot to make touch attacks where the damage penalty would be irrelevant, basically now i have my level as a bonus to hit on all touch attacks with no penalty....

TuggyNE
2013-04-11, 04:28 AM
Shin kicker! [General]
Benefits:
When you use the benefit of unarmed strike to deal lethal damage, the target must make a fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 your character level+your strength modifier) or else be stunned for 1d4 rounds
Normal:

Any particular reason this is Stunning Fist+++?

Gotterdammerung
2013-04-11, 04:47 AM
Shin kicker! [General]
Benefits:
Normal:

Magical aptitude [General]
Prerequisites: Any non spellcaster class, Charisma 13+
Benefits:
You gain the ability to cast 2 cantrips 1/day each as a standard action. Once used, you must wait until the next day to use them, and once chosen, your cantrips cannot be changed
Normal: you can wave your hands around all you want, you cannot manipulate magic krusk...
Special:
This feat may be taken more than once, to either increase the use of 2 cantrips by another time each day, or to gain 2 new cantrips. This feat may be taken once every 3 levels

Precision blow [General]
Benefits:
Normal:

I might make more :)

Shin kicker is pretty broke.

Magical aptitude alredy exists in several different incarnations.

Precision blow is very exploitable. For instance, combined with Power attack and a 2 handed weapon I could take a 20 point power attack and a 20 point precision blow penalty and the final result would be a net free +10 dmg on all my atks. Keep throwing on typical power attack supporters and it gets even crazier.

Here is a fun feat I homebrewed you might like

Innovative learner

You are able to think outside the box. This allows you to find more than one way to do things.

Benefit: Select a general feat you possess. This feat duplicates the effect of that generic feat, essentially doubling the effect.

Spiryt
2013-04-11, 04:49 AM
I can see this being abused alot to make touch attacks where the damage penalty would be irrelevant, basically now i have my level as a bonus to hit on all touch attacks with no penalty....

Pretty much. All kinds of rays and touch attack would spread death.

Although, written like that, it wrecks some havock into pretty much everything, say:

Power Attack for -5, with two handed weapon and leap attack for + 15 to damage.

Then Precision blow for -5 to this damage, and to bring the attack at normal value again.

Temotei
2013-04-11, 04:58 AM
Shin kicker! [General]
Benefits:

This is...broken. Stunning Fist has a per-day limit, lasts for 1 round, and must be declared before an attack is made (and so can fail and be wasted). It's also based on Wisdom modifier, so this ends up being stronger just because the character need not care about Wisdom as much.

It'd be okay if it was buffed a little, but on every attack for 1d4 rounds of stun?

TuggyNE
2013-04-11, 05:54 AM
Magical Aptitude (isn't there a feat by that name already?) is probably the hardest of these to break, but Versatile Spellcaster should probably do the trick nicely.

inuyasha
2013-04-11, 12:37 PM
Ok well thanks for the PEACHes :p I didnt think these were so broken but these are my first feats, and feats are hard to balance (toughness vs VoP, skill focus vs VoP...think about VoP XD)