PDA

View Full Version : Achilles' Short sword & Shield: free action draw help

Blas_de_Lezo
2013-04-10, 04:53 PM
I remember there is in some obscure handbook a way to attach a sheath (or something) to a large shield and draw a short sword as a free action without using quickdraw, just like Achilles in that movie.

Anyone remembers where I can find it?

Deaxsa
2013-04-10, 05:24 PM
wait, what? achilles.. shield? you mean the armor that he lost? what does that have to do with drawing weapons?

13_CBS
2013-04-10, 05:44 PM
I remember there is in some obscure handbook a way to attach a sheath (or something) to a large shield and draw a short sword as a free action without using quickdraw, just like Achilles in that movie.

Anyone remembers where I can find it?

Are you looking for the Shield Sheath from Races of Stone? It sounds like that's exactly what you need.

Edit: Combine this with Claw At the Moon maneuver, and you've basically got Achilles' "jump over and stab right behind the clavicle" move from the movie. :smallbiggrin:

Blas_de_Lezo
2013-04-11, 02:33 AM
Are you looking for the Shield Sheath from Races of Stone? It sounds like that's exactly what you need.

Edit: Combine this with Claw At the Moon maneuver, and you've basically got Achilles' "jump over and stab right behind the clavicle" move from the movie. :smallbiggrin:

That was exactly what I was looking for, thanks! A free action draw "feat" for 25 gp!