PDA

View Full Version : Nightstalker from Races of Anaslon Legit?

CyberThread
2013-04-10, 07:34 PM
So Dragonlance book called races of anaslon has a base class called nightstalker..

which is sort of a divine holy rogue ((think cleric of mask from forgotten realms))

I can't tell though, if it is good/bad or even Legit or 3rd party?

Flickerdart
2013-04-10, 07:37 PM
Dragonlance is a bit of a grey area in terms of how "legit" it is - it's not a 1st party book, but it's officially licensed (and so is more "legit" than, like, BoEF or something). People have compared it to Dragon Magazine in terms of its "legitness". I would ask your DM about whether or not Dragonlance is allowed.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-10, 08:21 PM
The Dragonlance Campaign Setting (book) is a 1st party book. All other (official) d20 Dragonlance material, however, is 3rd party.

CyberThread
2013-04-10, 08:31 PM
why what happened

WhatBigTeeth
2013-04-10, 08:58 PM
I get the impression Hasbro just didn't get Dragonlance's IP when it bought D&D.

The class itself is pretty balanced, except that ghost cohort, which can be problematic for the usual Leadership reasons.

HurinTheCursed
2013-04-12, 12:45 PM
Kuulvheysoon is right.

Beware that this class is limited to kenders, a kind of local fearless, kleptomaniac halflings. If you (have to ?) keep the flavour of the class outside DragonLance settings, your fellow players will probably always keep an eye on you.

gorfnab
2013-04-13, 01:27 AM
Kuulvheysoon is right.

Beware that this class is limited to kenders, a kind of local fearless, kleptomaniac halflings. If you (have to ?) keep the flavour of the class outside DragonLance settings, your fellow players will probably always keep an eye on you.
There are non-Kender Nightstalkers.
Dragonlance Races of Ansalon page 155

Notables
The two most famous nightstalkers are kender—
Nightshade Pricklypear, a friend of Rhys Mason and
opponent of Chemosh’s Beloved, and Thanator “Shroud”
Grave-Eyes, a nightstalker who helped uncover the threat
of the Shattered Temple of Hurim in the deserts of Khur.
There are many other nightstalkers, most of whom are
kender or afflicted kender. One or two are half-kender,
while a very small number are from other races. The
fearlessness of kender (or in the case of afflicted kender,
their grim determination) makes them the most ideal of all
races to follow this path.