PDA

View Full Version : New slaad stuff: templates, charts, soon to be more!

inuyasha
2013-04-10, 11:26 PM
Red slaad
Red slaad, the weakest of the slaad race, but one of the most important, they are used as spies, infiltrators, cannon fodder, and most importantly, they help the slaad reproduce, well when a red slaad implants an egg, the host transforms into a red slaad. But shouldnt this red slaad have abilities like that of its host? Absolutely!
Red slaad template
Red slaad is a template that can be added to any living creature other than a plant, ooze, or elemental.
Size/type: Increase size by one catagory, change type to outsider (Chaotic)
Hit dice: change to D8
AC: Increase from new dexterity, add +6 natural armor
Attacks: keep those of the base creature, and add two secondary claws and a primary bite, keep the damage of the base creature if better
Damage: for a large sized slaad: bite 2d8 claw 1d4 and implant
Special attacks: Keep those of the base creature and gain the ones below
Implant (Ex)
A red slaad that hits with a claw attack can inject an egg pellet into the opponents body. The affected creature must succeed a constitution based fortitude save to avoid implantation. Often the slaad implants an unconscious or otherwise helpless creature (which gets no saving throw). The egg gestates for one week before hatching into a blue slaad that eats its way out, killing the host. Twenty four hours before the egg fully matures, the victim falls extremely ill (-10 to all ability scores). A remove disease spell rids a victim of the pellet, as does a successful heal check (DC 20) by someone with the skill. If the check fails, the healer can try again, but each such attempt (successful or not) deals 1d4 points of damage to the patient. If the host is an arcane spellcaster, the egg pellet instead hatches into a green slaad.

Stunning croak (Su)
Once per day a red slaad can emit a loud croak. Every creature within 20ft must succeed a constitution based fortitude save or be stunned for 1d3 rounds.

Pounce (Ex)
If a red slaad leaps upon a foe during the first round of combat, it can make a full attack even if it has already taken a move action.

Summon slaad (Sp)
Once per day a red slaad can summon another red slaad of the same type with a 40% chance of success
Special qualities: keep those of the base creature and gain the ones below
Fast healing 5
Resistances (Ex)
Red slaad have resistance 5 to fire, acid, electricity, cold, and sonic

Abilities: +8 strength +2 dexterity +6 constitution -4 intelligence -4 wisdom -2 charisma
Skills: recalculate due to type change
CR: +5?
Alignment: Always chaotic neutral

Blue slaad
Blue slaad fill almost the same rolls as the red slaad, despite being a little more powerful. And they, unlike their lesser kin, are also used as strong warriors because of their raking attacks
Blue slaad template
Blue slaad is a template that can be added to any living creature other than a plant, ooze, or elemental.
AC: Increase from new dexterity, add +7 natural armor
Attacks: keep those of the base creature, and add 4 primary rakes and 1 secondary bite, keep the damage of the base creature if better
Damage: for a large sized slaad: rake 2d6 bite 2d8 and disease
Disease (Ex)
The bite of a blue slaad can cause a horrible transformation. Afflicted creatures must succeed a constitution based fortitude save or be infected with a disease that transforms the victim over the next week into a red slaad. The infected creature can attempt a new save each day to through off the disease. If an infected being is an arcane spellcaster, the disease instead transforms them into a green slaad

Spell like abilities
At will--hold person, passwal, and telekinesis. These abilities are cast as the spells cast by a 10th level sorcerer (save DC's are charisma based). Once per day, 3 blue slaad working together can create an effect equal to a chaos hammer spell cast by a 15th level sorcerer (save DC is charisma based)

Summon slaad (Sp)
Once per day a blue slaad can summon another blue slaad of the same type with a 40% chance of success
Fast healing 5
Resistances (Ex)
Blue slaad have resistance 5 to fire, acid, electricity, cold, and sonic

Abilities: +8 strength +4 dexterity +6 constitution -4 intelligence -4 wisdom
CR: +7?

Green slaad
Green slaad are what happens when an egg or disease is introduced into an arcane spellcaster. The resulting creature is the spellcaster race of the slaads, with lots of spell like abilities, large size, and strength and durability because of their new form
Green slaad template
Green slaad is a template that can be added to any living creature other than a plant, ooze, or elemental.
AC: Increase from new dexterity, add +10 natural armor
Attacks: keep those of the base creature and add 1 secondary bite and 2 primary claws, keep the damage of the base creature if better
Damage: for a large sized slaad: claw 1d6 bite 2d8

Spell like abilities
At will--chaos hammer, deeper darkness, detect magic, detect thoughts, dispel law, fear, protection from law, see invisibility, and shatter. These abilities are cast as the spells cast by a 12th level sorcerer (save DC's are charisma based).

Summon slaad (Sp)
Twice per day a green slaad can summon another green slaad of the same type with a 40% chance of success
Fast healing 5
Resistances (Ex)
Green slaad have resistance 5 to fire, acid, electricity, cold, and sonic

Alternate form (Su)
A green slaad can shift between its natural form and any humanoid form as a standard action. A green slaad whose personal treasure includes useful equipment or magic items will employ these while in humanoid form
Abilities: +8 strength +2 dexterity +6 constitution

CR: +8?

still working on grey and death slaad templates, might make white and black epic templates too if I want to or the crowd demands it :smallwink:.

Yes I know these are different than the MM slaad in CR. please please ignore that, how are they? have any suggestions? any slaad people have made that they want templates for? mud slaad? yes I will probably get to them! So now have some slaadi goodness :D

inuyasha
2013-04-10, 11:27 PM
New slaad mutation chart!

Slaad randomness chart
1-40=bad 41-60=cosmetic 61-100=good
Roll 1d4+1/4 slaads HD times on this chart.
{table]Roll|effect
1.| Weak: -2 Str
2.| Thin skin: -2 natural armor
3.| Sickly: -2 Con
4.| Unresponsive: -2 on initiative checks
5.| Stiff: -2 Dex
6.| Crap immune system: -2 on fortitude saves
7.| Dumb: -2 Int
8.| Weak will: -2 on will saves
9.| Cocky: -2 Wis
10.| Can't dodge: -2 on reflex saves
11.| Ugly: -2 Cha
12.| Nonthreatening: replace any natural attacks with 1 slam dealing 1d4 damage (if medium size
13.| Slow: -10 on all movement speeds
14.| Unskilled: halve the number of skill points the slaad has
15.| Just less awesome: lose a feat
16.| Super weak: -4 Str
17.| Really thin skin: -4 natural armor
18.| Super sickly: -4 Con
19.| Really crap immune system: -4 on fortitude saves
20.| Super stiff: -4 Dex
21.| Really weak will: -4 on will saves
22.| Super dumb: -4 Int
23.| Really unresponsive: -4 on initiative checks
24.| Super cocky: -4 Wis
25.| Really slow: -20 land speed
26.| Super ugly: -4 Cha
27.| No reproduction: red and blue slaads lose their ability to create slaad (reroll if not red or blue)
28.| Easy bleeder: you take 2 more damage from slashing and piercing weapons
29.| Fire vulnerability:take 1.5 times as much damage from fire
30.| Not so tough: -1 hit point per HD
31.| Cold vulnerability:take 1.5 times as much damage from cold
32.| Weak eyes: lose any darkvision and/or lowlight vision
33.| Acid vulnerability:take 1.5 times as much damage from acid
34.| Stoner:each round you're in combat, you must make a fortitude save (DC 5+1 per round of combat) or have your internal chaos go unstable, and turn to stone immediately. you come back in 12 hours but with either 1 point of dexterity drain or charisma drain, once either your dexterity or charisma hit 0, you are permenantly made of stone
35.| Sonic vulnerability:take 1.5 times as much damage from sonic
36.| Really not so tough: -2 hit points per HD
37.| Lightning vulnerability: take 1.5 times as much damage from electricity
38.| Flashing lights and colors: you take a -6 on all charisma based skill checks, hide, move silently, and slight of hand from your rainbowness
39.| Light blindness:Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds the slaad for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area
40.| Thin bones: you take 2 more points of damage from bludgeoning weapons
41.| Blonde hair
42.| Skin is constantly shedding and shaking off, but then regenerating quickly
43.| Black hair
44.| Small parts of body are invisible
45.| Female???
46.| Appears a different color
47.| Male???
48.| A human sounding voice
49.| Red hair
50.| Metallic parts
51.| Vaguely humanoid face
52.| Large bug eyes
53.| Metallic fur
54.| Teeny tiny eyes
55.| Gnomish nose
56.| Hair that looks like snake corpses
57.| Feathers
58.| Elven ears
59.| Orcish teeth
60.| Dwarven beard
61.| Buff: +2 Str
62.| Thick skin: +2 natural armor
63.| Tough: +2 Con
64.| Responsive: +2 on initiative checks
65.| Dextrous: +2 Dex
66.| Fast: +10 land speed
67.| Smart:+2 Int
68.| Burrower: Gain a burrow speed equal to land speed
69.| Wise and alert: +2 Wis
70.| Wings!: gain a fly speed equal to double land speed at average maneuverability
71.| Not so ugly...: +2 Cha
72.| Good immune system: +2 on fortitude saves
73.| Go nuts: Gain the rage ability as a 1st level barbarian a number of times per day equal to 1+the slaads Con modifier.
74.| Willful: +2 on will saves
75.| Highly skilled: double the skill points of the slaad
76.| Really twitchy: +2 on reflex saves
77.| Super awesome: gain a feat
78.| Climbing monkey slaad: gain a climb speed equal to double land speed
79.| Fire resistance 10
80.| Abyssal planar leak: when you were spawned from the spawning pits of limbo, a little bit of the abyss,the chaotic evil aligned plane of existence, leaked through, influencing you, gain the fiendish template and change your alignment to evil
81.| Cold resistance 10
82.| Ysgardean planar leak: when you were spawned from the spawning pits of limbo, a little bit of Ysgard, the chaotic good aligned plane of existence, leaked through, influencing you, gain the celestial template and change your alignment to good
83.| Acid resistance 10
84.| extra head: now you have two bite attacks (and double anything that would be doubled after getting an extra head)
85.| Sonic resistance 10
86.| Super buff: +4 Str
87.| Electricity resistance 10
88.| Super tough: +4 Con
89.| Spell capability: gain 1 first level spell useable at will
90.| Super dextrous: +4 Dex
91.| Greater spell capability: gain 1 2nd-3rd level spell useable at will, or 3 1st level spells useable at will
92.| Super smart: +4 Int
93.| 2 extra arms: can now wield more weapons, and gain 2 extra claw attacks
94.| Super wise and alert: +4 Wis
95.| Energy cone: you have a cone of energy, 40ft. long, that does 1d8 damage/hit die, lawful creatures take 1.5 times as much damage
96.| Super not ugly...: +4 Cha
97.| Energy beam: you have a line of chaotic energy, 60ft. long, that does 1d8 damage/hit die, lawful creatures take 1.5 times as much damage
98.| super thick skin: +4 natural armor
99.| Death throes: when you die, your body explodes in an 80ft. radius in a blast of chaotic energy that does 1d10 damage/hit die, lawful creatures take double damage.
100.| Chaos supreme!: you gain anarch ability, the ability to freely control limbo (see the manual of the planes for more details)
[/table]

inuyasha
2013-04-10, 11:28 PM
NOTE DONT LOOK YET! ITS NOWHERE CLOSE TO BEING FINISHED! but so far it does have some nice fluuffff :3

Slaad lord template
Slaad lords, the ultimate rulers of limbo, they bow down to no one, for they shape the very universe. Sages have always thought elementals were the pure elements and building blocks of the universe, they were right, but who was the builder? That queston has one answer, the slaad lords have created an entropic universe around them, constantly changing every day, they created the fabric of the planes simply by putting together bricks and peices and chunks of universal matter. Recently however, law has begun to change things, or rather stop most change, keeping chaos under control, letting things change very little, as opposed to the shifting mass of materials the worlds once were. They allow time to pass, grass to grow, people to age, but not to spontaneously crumble to dust in a day from what appears to be old age, nor can a lawn grow into a jungle in a mere hour. Places where law is absent, such as the abyss, limbo, or pandemonium, this is very possible, and happens quite often. Now in addition to keeping the planes in working condition, law has also reduced the chaos lords, weakening them as well, they are still strong by mortal standards, but nowhere near as close to the godlike state they once were in. Just like how they once were however, (but not quite) slaad lords come in many forms, mimicking creatures they themselves created, but since law diminished their powers, they almost appear as mockeries of whatever they take the form of, being distorted, gelatinous, gibbering, mutated versions of what they try to become.

inuyasha
2013-04-10, 11:29 PM
Last reserved post

Feel free to post and critique now :)

inuyasha
2013-04-11, 04:35 PM
*bump*

anyone wanna see slaadi goodness?

Tanuki Tales
2013-04-11, 04:41 PM
I love Slaadi. :smallbiggrin:

While I read what you've written, have you seen Afroakuma's Limbo re-write yet? It was pretty awesome:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92837

inuyasha
2013-04-11, 05:03 PM
hmm yeah its pretty awesome, it accomplishes the same thing I was trying to do: make MM slaad less lame XD

Arcanist
2013-04-11, 10:30 PM
You have my interest. Proceed :smallcool:

inuyasha
2013-04-11, 10:46 PM
I dont quite know what I want to proceed with though...I want to make so many things! Im thinking new slaad types, spells, PrCs, Races, maybe a slaad relative native to the material plane! I just dont know, so what would yall like to see first

umbrapolaris
2013-04-11, 11:13 PM
White and black slaad, Epic level handbook

inuyasha
2013-04-11, 11:17 PM
Oh yea I totally forgot about grey death white and black slaad templates :O thank you for the reminder bro!

Arcanist
2013-04-11, 11:30 PM
Oh yea I totally forgot about grey death white and black slaad templates :O thank you for the reminder bro!

Nothing in mind for a Slaad Lord? With a natural control over Limbo?

inuyasha
2013-04-12, 12:03 AM
Nothing in mind for a Slaad Lord? With a natural control over Limbo?

well since Ive forgotten and I only remember 2 (ssadem and ygorl) how many exactly are there?

Arcanist
2013-04-12, 04:09 AM
well since Ive forgotten and I only remember 2 (ssadem and ygorl) how many exactly are there?

To quote Afroakuma, I believe there are rainbowtriange%fries#@%^&bacon^potato Slaad Lords :smallsmile:

inuyasha
2013-04-12, 11:54 AM
o...k then I think I will make a few and I might be able to do it with the abomination construction rules >:D

Arcanist
2013-04-12, 06:58 PM
o...k then I think I will make a few and I might be able to do it with the abomination construction rules >:D

Lol... There are an immeasurable number of Slaad Lords/Ladies so just make the template and be done with it :smalltongue:

inuyasha
2013-04-12, 08:49 PM
a template huh? I wonder how that would work...the slaad lords I know of are like demon lords, big and powerful but not really looking like what they rule over (slaad in this case [ygorl looks like a freakin amoeba and ssandem looks like a giant demonic semi humanoid dude])

inuyasha
2013-04-13, 02:53 AM
Slaad lord template is slowly being constructed, Ima need lots of help with this one

Arcanist
2013-04-13, 06:40 AM
Slaad lord template is slowly being constructed, Ima need lots of help with this one

Use the Demon Lord template for guidance if you need help. Make it so it can only be applied to a Slaad of a particular HD who has the Anarchy ability or something.