PDA

View Full Version : Transformation

dantiesilva
2013-04-10, 11:32 PM
After looking at the Savage species book and wanting to build a barbarian I was wondering if you took the base race of a Goliath and transformed into say a mountain troll would you still have all the bonuses from being a Goliath, mostly powerful build?

I was curious because I wanted to make a Halfdragon(blue) Half minotuar Goliath who transformed into a Mountain troll through a ritual increasing his Str, Dex and Con as well as NA. Add that with powerful build and now you got a Gargantuan creature counting as Colossal for all things important. which would make a goliath greathammer deal 6d6 (I think) damage on its own with a x4 multiplier. If someone could just fill me in on this answer. Thanks.

WhatBigTeeth
2013-04-10, 11:54 PM
After looking at the Savage species book and wanting to build a barbarian I was wondering if you took the base race of a Goliath and transformed into say a mountain troll would you still have all the bonuses from being a Goliath, mostly powerful build?Page 151 is very explicit. You don't keep much of anything from the base race (though Supernatural abilities are strangely omitted from the stuff that doesn't transfer), and your abilities are average for the race you transform into, so you'd typically be much better off just starting as the desired monster (even before factoring the cost).

dantiesilva
2013-04-11, 12:05 AM
So Polymorph ends up being a better route followed by Permanency.

CIDE
2013-04-11, 09:33 AM
So Polymorph ends up being a better route followed by Permanency.

Got one better for you. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/polymorphAnyObject.htm)