PDA

View Full Version : Favored Soul PrC Ideas?

mythmonster2
2013-04-11, 08:46 PM
So, I've been playing a gestalt game for the past few weeks. I decided to play as a CN Spellscale Sorcerer/Favored Soul of Boccob with stats being, at 4th level:
STR: 8
DEX: 12
CON: 12 (14-2 from racial)
WIS: 10
INT: 12
CHA: 21 (18 base + 2 racial + 1 from 4th level)

Also a bit of explanation: there are a few house rules, namely, both the Sorcerer and Favored Soul have their spell progression boosted by one level, and the Favored Soul works entirely off of Charisma.

On the Sorcerer's side, I've already decided to go for the Dracolexi prestige class. However, on the Favored Soul side, Weapon Specialization, energy resistance, wings, and DR 10/cold iron doesn't really interest me all that much. Now, for PrC's, I would prefer to keep full casting, with losing 1 level of spellcasting being the most I'd be okay to give up. Are there any particularly good/interesting options for me under those conditions?

ArcturusV
2013-04-11, 09:01 PM
I take it you're house ruling away the rule that says you can only have one PrC at a time in Gestalt?

That's probably your biggest stumbling block. Figuring out if you want to PrC out the Sorcerer or the Favored Soul.

Disciple of Aalarun would be a good choice though. 5 level PrC, full progression, bonus SLAs on top of it. No reason not to go for it if you can get away with it. Can enter Disciple of Aalarun at level 3 as well.

Psyren
2013-04-11, 09:06 PM
The number one PrC option for FS is Sacred Exorcist, as it grants you access to all those extremely useful Divine Feats without sacrificing caster progression. And since your Cha is going to be high anyway, you get a lot of turning attempts for your buck.

Once you have TU, another good option is Prestige Paladin - granting you access to benefits like Paladin spells, smite evil, and above all Divine Grace. Your alignment may interfere with this route however.

mythmonster2
2013-04-11, 09:08 PM
Actually, I was not aware that was a rule. I suppose I really ought to contact my GM about that before proceeding any further.

Regarding Disciple of Aalarun, though, a Google search reveals precisely... one result, from this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14899302). Actually, upon closer examination, it was you. Do you happen to have a link to this class?

nedz
2013-04-11, 09:15 PM
Once you have TU an interesting option is to take a PrC which grants a Domain. You can then take the Domain Spontaneity Feat (FoE p147 or CDiv p80) to increase your effective spells known, albeit for the cost of a TU use.

It is entirely possible though that you have house rules which make this moot ?

ArcturusV
2013-04-11, 09:16 PM
It's from the 3.0 book, Book of Erotic Fantasy. Which actually has quite a lot of neat stuff in it once you get past all the "Hurr hurr, sex!" stuff.

Requirements are quite easy for it: Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, or Chaotic Neutral alignment. Dip 5 ranks, Perform (Sexual Technique) 5 ranks. Seductive Feat (Good for Face characters anyway), and Patron Diety: Aalarun (Also good, I like her domains).

At first level you get the Pleasure Domain, and it's power for free. Over the course of 5 levels you get Disguise Self as a SLA. Two bonus feats that can be chosen from an admittedly limited list, though it includes Improved Initiative and "Any metamagic feat". You get Sanctuary as a SLA, and it's level 5 capstone is a Gaze Attack which makes a target within 30 feet ignore pretty much everything other than defending themselves from attacks, walk until they are right in front of you (Even over cliffs, into fire, etc, though they get a second saving throw against it if the direct route requires such a thing), and for 5 rounds will do NOTHING and just let you, the disciple, unload on the target, no resistance to any spellcasting or attacks.

Valwyn
2013-04-12, 02:34 PM
I once built a Favored Soul of Kelemvor (LN god of the dead). Never tested it, but it looked fun. FS 10/Divine Oracle 2/Sandshaper 1/Contemplative 6. He was an Aasimar, so he invested one level in the Savage Progression (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040319a) to boost his stats and get some nice bonuses.

He qualified for the divine classes using the Dead Levels (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20070227x) and for Sandshaper thanks to his Daylight SLA.