PDA

View Full Version : New Two Weapon weilding Rogue needs Help! (Pathfinder)

Moony--Doggy
2013-04-11, 09:09 PM
Hello all! So, I've built a human knife master rogue in Pathfinder, and I took two weapon fighting. So here's the question I have, before it becomes an issue during a game.

With two weapon fighting, as it is, I make two attacks in a round. At 3rd level, with a strength bonus of +3, my bonus is +5 with one dagger, or +3/+3 with two daggers.
The daggers are Masterwork, so that brings my attack bonus to +6, or +4/+4.

I also have weapon focus(dagger), bringing my final bonus to +7, or +5/+5 when attacking with two daggers.

I have no problem with those, that all makes sense to me. But what about when I gain two or more Base Attack Bonuses?
Will I be making an attack pattern of +9/+9/+4/+4,
Or does only my highest BAB benefit from two weapon fighting?

Anyone who can clear this up for me will help a lot, thanks!

FleshrakerAbuse
2013-04-11, 09:42 PM
From what I know, extra attacks mean that you get extra attacks for one weapon. Your Two-Weapon Fighting would add another, for a total of 3 attacks that round. So, highest bab-2(main hand), highest bab-2(off hand), and then 2nd attack from bab(main hand).

If want super-load of attacks, perfect two weapon fighting, I think (along with improved and superior) gives you one more for your off-hand.
And if you're going as many attacks as possible, getting craven later on will drastically make your damage go through the roof.
See if you can get silverbrow human or your racial equivalent, and snag dragon tail. More attacks=more d6s.

Urpriest
2013-04-11, 09:45 PM
From what I know, extra attacks mean that you get extra attacks for one weapon. Your Two-Weapon Fighting would add another, for a total of 3 attacks that round. So, highest bab-2(main hand), highest bab-2(off hand), and then 2nd attack from bab(main hand).

If want super-load of attacks, perfect two weapon fighting, I think (along with improved and superior) gives you one more for your off-hand.
And if you're going as many attacks as possible, getting craven later on will drastically make your damage go through the roof.
See if you can get silverbrow human or your racial equivalent, and snag dragon tail. More attacks=more d6s.

Just to clarify for the OP's sake, most of that is 3.5, not Pathfinder. The rules for Two-Weapon Fighting are the same, though: the feat only gives you one extra attack, no matter how many other attacks you have. To get more attacks with your off-hand you need the other feats that have Two-Weapon Fighting as a prerequisite.

Moony--Doggy
2013-04-11, 10:04 PM
so in order to gain extra attacks corresponding to my BAB, once two or more are gained, I have to continue taking the two weapon fighting progression, if I understand you correctly.

Keneth
2013-04-11, 10:27 PM
Yes, to get a second and third attack with the off-hand, you need to take Improved and Greater Two-Weapon Fighting respectively.

Baroncognito
2013-04-11, 10:34 PM
If you have the feats, you could also consider Two-Weapon Feint (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/two-weapon-feint-combat) and Improved Two-Weapon Feint (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/improved-two-weapon-feint-combat).

Moony--Doggy
2013-04-11, 10:38 PM
What would be the best combination of traits, feats, and rogue talents to get the most out of the Underhanded rogue talent? I really like the idea of just doing max damage to someone and ruining their day.

Baroncognito
2013-04-11, 10:48 PM
Getting the most from Underhanded is really more about play style than feats. It's surprise round only, so you need to be up and close to someone, and you need them unsuspecting. If you're solo and invisible, that's not too hard. If you're in a group, it's easiest if everyone is invisible.

Moony--Doggy
2013-04-11, 10:53 PM
Getting the most from Underhanded is really more about play style than feats. It's surprise round only, so you need to be up and close to someone, and you need them unsuspecting. If you're solo and invisible, that's not too hard. If you're in a group, it's easiest if everyone is invisible.

This is my first time playing a rogue in pathfinder, or any d20 system for that matter. The character is Neutral Evil, which is a first for me as well, but it is befitting of his overall development. So it wouldn't be too outrageous of me to end up instigating a lot of encounters (I did this in our previous session- bandits posing as guards set up a road check to scam money off of travelers. An appraise of their forged documents gave me reason enough to stab the 'captain').

So I need a ring of greater invisibility, is what you're telling me?

Baroncognito
2013-04-11, 11:12 PM
Yeah, that'd be good.

Drake2009
2013-04-12, 12:13 AM
I am playing in a harbinger gAme and my party rogue is like this. Basically here is an example.
Barbarian goes through door. Green Dragon (small) on other side. She gets hurt and the rogue goes behind. Everyone is hasted and the rogue gets 4 attacks. He instakilled the Dragon.... pretty much the same thing happened with the big boss... the cleric is thinking of tying him up lol
edit: with the boss the rogue was greater invisiblitied.