PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite Actual Play podcasts?

Wonton
2013-04-12, 08:17 AM
Due to a dearth of real opportunities to play tabletop RPGs in my life, I've recently begun to get my fix by listening to actual play podcasts. My favourites right now are everything Strand Gamers (http://strandgamers.com/) have to offer. They have Pathfinder, Burning Wheel, World of Darkness, and numerous other one-shots, all of them light-hearted and entertaining but still filled with good RP and story progression.

Does anyone else listen to these kinds of podcasts and can recommend something?

Totally Guy
2013-04-12, 09:56 AM
I occasionally listen to the Walking Eye. I prefer the episodes in which they aren't gaming and instead talking about what worked and what didn't but listenening to the sessions provides the context to that.

Hopeless
2013-04-12, 10:13 AM
The Ideology of Madness site which does Funnybook with Arun and Paulie did a couple of sandboxes one on a superhero savage worlds actual play the other called Star Trek Aegean has yet to get beyond the sandbox stage.

Try Knights of Reignsborough as they're about to start the second season of this and given it, its own website preparing for the next season by reissuing the original sandbox and first season episodes.

Gamerstable does a couple especially liked their take on Iron gm (sorry player) d&d where they roll their characters in an episode but declare their race and class beforehand... I think they're about to do a Savage Worlds version of Conan but they have done a saga version of Sith in the Old Republic if you want to take a look.

Did you mention the Penny Arcade stuff both the audio and you tube videos?

Not much of a fan of the latest Mines of Madness audio release mind you...

Makiru
2013-04-12, 12:31 PM
SomethingAwful has been doing a long standing "podcast-with additional table video" Let's Play of a 4E game that's been quite hilarious. If you can't get onto SA for whatever reason (most likely the member wall being up), both the podcasts and videos are mirrored on kisamayatsu.com.

Shyftir
2013-04-12, 04:44 PM
Thursday Knights is a pretty good one. Also I second Walking Eye and Strand Gamers.

Teflonknight
2013-04-12, 07:38 PM
I really like Critical Hits by Major Spoilers. They are in season four and have 195 one hour podcasts. Very funny, but also a very good guide to 4E mechanics as they will take time to explain the mechanics for some stuff.

Vknight
2013-04-12, 11:46 PM
Roleplaying Public Radio. Or RPPR
They had a near 50 session long 4e campaign
Are near finishing posting the end to Eclipse Phase and Wild Talents campaign.
Also they have done several one-shots and mini campaigns.
From a GURPS game of epic. To Lady Gaga 2.0. Candle Cove. and so one

Drunk and Ugly. Has some great games to and though they have problems with rules sometimes or not saying no to a certain person its great.
They have a Monsters and Other Childish Things campaign that is nearing 60 sessions for the listeners(each session ranging from 3 to 6 hours)
A secondary campaign that is 25. A mini Monsters campaign that was 11. Another mini monsters game that was 5(each session about 5 hours)
Some Little Fears one-shots. A Little Fears campaign. There own Wild Talents game. There soon to be published rpg Sordid Dystopia campaigns for that. Just a lot of great stuff.

Outside of that

Evil is as Evil Does

Buddha's_Cookie
2013-04-13, 12:40 PM
I really like Critical Hits by Major Spoilers. They are in season four and have 195 one hour podcasts. Very funny, but also a very good guide to 4E mechanics as they will take time to explain the mechanics for some stuff.

I enjoy their podcasts also. While I have not had time to listen to more than the first episode, the series, the podcast Drunks and Dragons is entertainingly bad, it is a group of people trying to 4ed. for the first time with maybe one or two having actually played D&D before.

Pink
2013-04-13, 05:34 PM
I would be amiss to not mention www.rpgmp3.com (the site originally used by the Strand Gamers before they branched off), however I am also a bit biased in the suggestion. Still, I've been a long-time fan and the site has one of the few completed runs of the World's largest Dungeon, possibly the only audio record at that too.

Baron Of Hell
2013-04-13, 05:53 PM
I listen to Critical Hit podcast and RollPlay on youtube and twitch.tv.