PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Help Building a Shield Basher Fighter/Knight of the Raven

alexmorreale
2013-04-12, 05:19 PM
Okay so i am Mystic Theurage(didnt spell that right i bet) with leadership and my last cohort was actually turning into another person who joined the groups full time character. SOOOO my DM is letting me build my cohort with some guidelines set in place.

I want him to be a shield basher guy.

My DM set the outlines of the character.
4 levels of Fighter
5 levels of Knight of the Raven(from Castle Raven Loft Campaign)
He got rid of the spell progression and gave me feats instead.
i get feats at 1, 3, 6, 9 of the prestige class.

I have to stick to this set up and he is being farely generous with it.

So im looking at a ton of feats and im looking to be the best shield basher i can be and i think i want the disarming feats(Shield Snare and imp shield snare) if i can. I am open to all ideas with feat progression though.

I am required to take one feat and it is denoted below but again if you feel that you found something better i can talk him out of it(maybe).

This is the list of Feats i get:

Human - exotic weapon prof(Bastard Sword)
1st Level
Fighter 1
Fighter 2
3rd Level
Fighter 4
Knight of the Raven 1st
6th level
Knight of the Raven 3rd
9th level
---------------
10 feats to work with.

I rolled my stats and set them up like this

Str:18 = 16 + 2 (one +2 main stat magic item )
Dex:15 = 14 + 1 (8th level)
Con:16 = 15 + 1 (4th level)
Int:9
Wis:14
Cha:12

obviously these stats can be moved around and im willing to move the item to something other than str if it seems worth it thanks

StreamOfTheSky
2013-04-12, 08:49 PM
I have no idea what this PrC is or does, but a few bonus feats for spellcasting sounds like a super bad trade. He requires 5 in the PrC... do they have to come immediately after the Fighter 4, or can you put some other levels in there and hit KotR 5 later on?

What books are allowed? Specifically, Tome of Battle, aside from being awesome in general, has some shield-related maneuvers that are nice, Shield Block and at high levels Shield Counter. There is also the Wall of Steel teamwork benefit (from PHB 2, I think) which is very handy if using two shields (I've done it, it's fun).

I would try to ditch that feat if possible; it's worthless to you if shield bashing. Actually...it's worthless to nearly anyone... I would also suggest not going for the Shield Snare feats.

Since you have 4 fighter levels forced on you, you should go for Weapon Specialization and Melee Weapon Mastery. Look into the pair of shield feats in Complete Warrior, they're not great but can be useful.

You want a heavy spiked shield with the Bashing enhancement. Either 2-hand it with power attack, or take Oversized TWF and two weapon fight with a pair of them. If possible, get the Strongarm Bracers from MIC, then you can wield a large spiked Bashing shield for 3d6 base damage.

If you can use the Jutunbrund (spelling?) feat from Faerun to count as size large, that would also allow a potential good combo with Dungeoncrasher Fighter (Dungeonscape), Knockback feat (races of stone) and Shock Trooper (Complete Warrior).

alexmorreale
2013-04-12, 09:08 PM
No tome's

all other books are good.