PDA

View Full Version : Wormwood Mutiny: A Tale of the Shackles (AP#55)

Mcdt2
2013-04-12, 10:47 PM
Now you've been warned
The Eye of the Storm
The Sea takes no prisoners

Drinkin' our ales
Wind in our sales
Dead men tell no tales

Pillage and plunder
Lightning and thunder
The Sea takes no prisoners

The Wormwood crew
We comin' for you
Dead men tell no tales

Laughter echoes through your ears, as you remember the excitement of the previous night. Sea shantys dance across your lips, and the scents of richly stewed meat and heady perfume linger in your nostrils. You taste-

Oh gods. What in the Nine Hells is that taste? The sickly taste of wine, yes, with the pounding headache it brings. The metallic taste of blood tinges your pallete, as does the dirt upon the floor you lie on, a floor that refuses to stop rocking... or is that you rocking? There's some other taste, but as you try to pece it together, the darkness of the room is suddenly pierced. You find yourself in a small cramped room with 4 others whose faces seem oddly familiar, as well as a not quite as familiar face, shouting at you.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7ea9mxqIZGs/T1kr3rFBHDI/AAAAAAAAAKU/Kc0g_EPTzlw/s1600/Adventure+-+Master+Scourge.jpg

Still abed with the sun over the yardarm?

On your feet, ye filthy swabs!

Get up on deck and report for duty before Cap’n Harrigan flays your flesh into sausage skins and has Fishguts fry ye up for breakfast!

The figure who stands before you is accompianed by six burly looking men, armed with saps. The figure cracks his whip as he shouts at you.

As you each wearily open your eyes, you notice the majority of your gear has been confiscated. It does seem, however, they have missed a few items.

Brant Black, you still have your backpack, emptied but for your waterskin, and a single box of chocolates they somehow overlooked.

Spud, I'm afraid they have gotten your spell book. However, they missed your spell pouch, as well as your nosering.

Gnidr the Lucky You seem to have lived up to your lucky reputation once again, as they missed the dagger stuffed down your boot. They also left your waterskin and back pack

Lizbette, I'm said to say they left you with the clothes on your back and nothing else.

Jax Windtalker, you still have your signal whistle, as well as your pack, with your bedroll and sunrods.

unfairtosome
2013-04-13, 01:45 AM
Spud, half-orc wizard

Spud growls in harsh but unintelligible Orcish. A blur of memories and sensations strike him all at once.

My head feels like the time Gerrund and I rigged up the whirling boom trap at home and the gnome set it going before I got out of the way!

He was told at the city's gates to seek out the Formidably Maid if he wanted to find a ship to hire on with as a siege engineer. Did they send him there knowing this would happen?

Surely he was singled out for pressing because of his features, because of his race.

Spud slowly opens his eyes and looks around. The others are blurry at first, but slowly come into focus. Not noticing Brant's lower half under the concealment of his cloak, he shrugs the merfolk off as unremarkable, but: A gnome? My brother is here...? The half-orc begins to panic and draws himself up to his full 6'6" frame, his tusks gleaming angrily in the lamplight. But no, of course not. It's the bard from the tavern last night, the one who was performing. And the rest are humans! His anger dulls somewhat at that realization, swiftly turning into confusion as he eyes the figure in front of them, still simmering with barely-lidded rage.

[roll0] Perception to size up the man confronting the group
[roll1] Intimidation as he stands up straight, and furiously!
[roll2] Perception to identify the taste on his tongue
[roll3] Intelligence to identify the taste on his tongue

LittleCarp04
2013-04-13, 03:19 AM
Jax slowly rolled to his side, he felt the steady roll of a ship below him and knew he was at sea.

What was that taste in his mouth, hmm blood, definately blood, but something else as well...

What had happened, last he remembered he was in the Formidable Maid and he was going to take a great haul. Then someone, a woman? don't remember... bought him a drink and now he was here, apparently having been press-ganged into service.

"Ye have me attention. Now I ain't one to shy from service, but this seems downright underhanded, even for an old sea dog like yerself."

Jax will stand if hes able and assist others if they need help.

Roll Diplomacy to make the crewmen more amicable
[roll0]
Perception to see if there is anything useful
[roll1]

Starbuck_II
2013-04-13, 04:14 AM
Black had been in worse scraps than this, but he at least had his lucky scimitar, Gliddy what have they done with ye!

Checking his cloak for his secret compartments, he noticed they missed one of his box of chocolates. Well, this could come in handy later.

He started looking at his fellows. One was ordering him around like the man was full of bilge water, well better pretend to stand. Maybe he'll not notice you are a merman, just say you are lame in the legs. Armed with those weapons meant they aren't here to kill, but I'm too defenseless to take advantage of the situation...

I say, where are we? (Black "stands" on his fin like he has legs) I'll go above deck if I must.

Disguise check to pretend to be human not merfolk [roll0]
[roll1] to scan room something useful later if I go below deck again

Mcdt2
2013-04-13, 10:44 AM
Spud: You notice the taste of oily nutmeg on your tongue, which you recognize as a clear sign of oil of taggit posioning. Evidently they hid the taste in that spicy food you had last night. The man in front of you seems more familiar as you look at it him- and you suddenly realize you saw his face at the Formidable Maid last night! You rise and give him your best sneer, but the effect is ruined somewhat by your drunken wobbling, and he doesn't seem impressed.

Jax and Black: You scan your surroundings, seeing a rather spacious room, with the ceiling suported by sixteen thick wooden pillars. Hanging on the pillars are a number of hammocks, ready to be strung up come nightfall. There are roughly forty footlockers lining the walls, 18 of which have locks on them. Finally, you notice a trapdoor just beside the mainmast, presumably leading down to the bilges.
----------------
The figure cracks his whip again, shouting.

C'mon, ye laggards! Move your arses, or I'll peel your skin like a mango! Move!

XebenXeb
2013-04-13, 12:53 PM
Gnidr, human fighter

Gnidr grimaced from both the pounding headache and the foul taste in his mouth as he sat up against a pillar. A brief look around told him enough to know he had been press-ganged. Really? Again?, he thought, recalling the times this had happened to him amongst the Mediogalti.

A smile appeared on his face when he noticed the familiar pressure of a dagger against his foot, and it only widened when he noticed the human woman still on the ground next to him. He fumbled for his backpack and took out the water skin, attempting both to hydrate and to wash the taste of the previous night from his mouth, quietly wishing he had filled it with rum.

A small chuckle escaped his lips as he observed the half-orc's pathetic attempt to look imposing. This must be his first time.

He pulled himself up, knowing that being civil was the best way to handle the situation. The gnome clearly knew that too, and his remark elicited an agreeing nod from Gnidr. Regardless, he couldn't help but look up at the shouting pirate and ask:

Will there be any rum up on deck?

unfairtosome
2013-04-13, 01:34 PM
Feeling somewhat silly as his orcish nature escapes his control- and sillier as he realizes its lack of hoped-for effect- Spud glances around a bit desperately, becoming only more frustrated and embarrassed when he recognizes the taste on his tongue and how easily he was hoodwinked into this situation.

Hearing a derisive laugh from the seemingly at-ease human standing nearby, he whirls angrily and launches himself at him. Wasn't he at the Formidable Maid last night as well? An inside job, clearly! "You! You did this to me!"

[roll0] Grapple vs 18 CMD or 16 FCMD
[roll1] Bite vs 13 AC or 10 Flatfooted
[roll2] Damage

Still wobbly, Spud fails to grapple anything, and though his head whips about quite furiously, his swinging tusks come nowhere close to doing any damage to Gnidr.

OOC
"First to get flogged wins a prize," right? :smallwink:

XebenXeb
2013-04-13, 01:59 PM
Surprised, but somewhat amused, by the half-orc's charge, Gnidr easily dodges the awkward bite attempt. He pauses briefly, only to flash the attacker a grin, and then counters with an elbow strike aimed at Spud's face.

[roll0] Unarmed vs 12 AC

"Easy there, big guy. You don't want to die on your first day, do you?"

LittleCarp04
2013-04-13, 04:27 PM
"Lets just be easy there you scallywags. The man says we go above deck, then we go above deck, don't want to anger the cap'n now do we?"

Jax says while smiling and trying to calm emotions before things get even more out of hand in this cramped space with no weapons.

Diplomacy to calm everyone and try to influence them into just following for the moment
[roll0]

Angstrom
2013-04-13, 04:54 PM
Blood. Mine. What in High M'Vania is this? Lizbette doesn't move from the floorboards as she takes in her surroundings. The number of confused others and the rocking of the ship spells it out clearly. Press ganged. Port Peril will be leagues away now.

Silently listening to the others rise, she calmly licks the blood off her lips. Her face had been struck, but the bleeding from her nose has stopped. But this isn't just her blood though. A memory of the crunch of cartilage when one of the sailors tried to get handsy when they drugged her. Was he here now?

Her clothes are intact, implying that the nose had indeed broken, but everything else is gone. Where is grandfather's whip? Her nonno's whip didn't crack like that so that pirate will live a little longer, but gods help the cur that took it from her.

When two of her press-ganged companions come to blows beside her, she can wait no longer. Rolling to the side, she springs up to her feet. The drugs still in her system make her regret the swift movement, but she continues on despite the dizziness. "Buy a girl a drink first you pompinara." she curses at Spud and Gnidr before spitting a gob of blood and saliva onto them.

Mcdt2
2013-04-13, 05:55 PM
Shut your damn traps, already, or do I have to start talking with my whip?

As Lizbette begins to stand up, one of the men nudges his comrade and points, saying "Hey Tam, ain't that the girl that got ya?". The man's friend, named Tam evidently, is an unusually ugly dwarf, with a scowling expression enhanced by his obviously broken nose, whose size is so great that it appears as though he bandaged it with an entire sailcloth.

So we got ourselves a fighter, eh? Well listen, missy, I'm in charge of discipline on this boat, so I expect you to behave yourself. As for you lot, *whip crack*, consider this your first and last warning. I catch ye brawling again and it's 3 lashes for ye.

The man turns and heads up the stairs, evidently expecting you to follow.

I'm going to assume here that everyone follows him. If you object to this, I can edit in the results of your actions.

As you reach the deck, it become quickly apparent you are on a rather sizable ship, and you are now far from any land. There are several figures clustered around the mainmast, looking up at a hgiher deck on the stern.

The first is a broad Garundi man, who is clearly the captain.
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/images/920411/Harrigan.jpg
The second man appears to be first mate, and carries a well used cat-o'-nine-tails.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/526749_4172074420019_1177857406_n.jpg

Glad you could join us at last, Master Scourge! Welcome to the Wormwood! My thanks for ‘volunteering’ to join my crew. I’m Barnabas Harrigan. That’s Captain Barnabas Harrigan to you, not that you’ll ever need to address me. I have only one rule—don’t speak to me. I like talk, but I don’t like your talk. Follow that rule and we’ll all get along fine.

Oh, and one more thing. Even with you new recruits, we’re still short-handed, and I aim to keep what crew I have. There’ll be a keelhaulin’ for anyone caught killin’ anyone. Mr. Plugg! If you’d be so kind as to make pirates out of these landlubbers, it’ll save me having to put them in the sweatbox for a year and a day before I make pies out of ’em.

After he finishes speaking, the captain walks away, leaving you with the first mate Mister Plugg, as well as five other figures on board the deck who are clearly new recruits as well.

Mcdt2
2013-04-13, 06:15 PM
As you stand on the deck, you get a brief look at your fellow recruits.
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/images/776407/Conchobhar.jpgThis figure is clearly a gnome of ridiculous and foppish taste.
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/163238/Rosie.jpg A very angry looking halfing. She currently does not have a fiddle in hand.
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/159580/Sandara_Full.jpgThis woman seems both excited and nervous, and gives you a smile upon catching your eye.
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/images/817426/Crimson_Cogward.jpg A very angry looking man, who seems to be the only man willing to be here.
http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab24/JeffRebbeck/RPGpics/WaterGenasiAdj.jpg Lastly, a blue-skinned man, wearing a small grin, but keeps giving unpleasant looks towards the crew.

Mister Plugg stares down at you all and smiles unpleasantly, and begins to bark out orders, wasting no time on pleasantries.

Alright, landlubbers! Climb that rigging, as fast as you can! NOW!

The rigging is an easy climb (DC 10), and is 60 feet tall. Give me several climb checks, until you hit 60 feet or fall off.

Starbuck_II
2013-04-13, 06:45 PM
Right on it, *Black winks at the halfing lass before attempting climbing* Little small but she is kind of cute Black thought.

Black hurries as fast as his "feet" will take him (which isn't very fast for most people as he has fins). As soon as I get some kind of weapon and a plan, I'm making an escape... just have to wait Black thought.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]

Not sure how much I'll need, but I think that will do.

LittleCarp04
2013-04-13, 07:12 PM
Hmm climbing isnt my forte...

Jax cracks his knuckles and heads up the lines, slipping and nearly falling a few times, but making it up eventually.

Climb Rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Angstrom
2013-04-13, 07:34 PM
Lizbette eyes the dwarf as she ties her dreadlocks back into a ponytail. If he makes eye contact she makes a show of scratching her nose before offering him a malicious wink and starting her climb.

The sun reflecting off the water is enough to make her squint, being yelled at is enough to make her angry. These men had defeated her, captured her, and now she is a prisoner. Pathetic. She will not be a victim of pirates and as soon as she get's her nonno's talon back she make some changes around here. Or that's what she tells herself as she struggles her way up the rigging, still dizzy from the drugs.

Climbing:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] hmm, problematic.
[roll4]
[roll5]

stack
2013-04-13, 09:59 PM
Job Stormeye

The blue-skinned man watches cautiously as the rest are brought up from below. New recruits. I see the captain is using his usual gentle hand. The harder he pushes the easier it will be to get my revenge.

At the order he snaps of and starts up the rigging.[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Mcdt2
2013-04-14, 01:36 PM
Spud: As you stand around, staggering from the blow Gnidr dealt you and waiting for your turn on the rigging, you hear a soft voice beside you.

Are you okay? you look like you've taken quite the beating. Here, I can help.

"May the waves wash away your pain and your sorrows"

She chants as she lays her hands on your shoulder, and the pain fades away. As your vision begins to clear, you see the woman in front of you, with red hair and a tricorne hat.

There, that should be much better. The name's Sandara Quinn. Now c'mon, we better get up that rigging

She turns away from you and begins her ascent.

Spud has been healed for seven, fully removing your nonlethal damage

XebenXeb
2013-04-14, 03:48 PM
Gnidr made a mental note to buy the half-orc a drink when he got the chance. His new crewmate was just scared, after all, and this ship was not a good place to be making enemies, even in half-orcs who are weaker than they look. He gave Sandara an appreciative nod as she mended Spud's face, and tossed in a wink before climbing the rigging.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

unfairtosome
2013-04-14, 08:56 PM
Spud, half-orc wizard

Spud roars when the elbow connects with his face with a sickening *CRUNCH* and, with a surprising burst of ferocious-though-undirected energy, makes a beeline toward the 'escape' of the stairs where, unable to make it any farther, he abruptly slumps onto the deck.

He lies there until the others catch up, the captain gives his speech, and he is healed by the red-haired woman.

Dazed, confused, and somewhat humiliated, Spud staggers to his feet and attempts to regain his composure. Not meeting the eye of anyone nearby, he focuses on the last thing he heard and slowly slinks his way over to the rigging. Staring upward at a loss, and not yet thinking straight, the less-than-athletic wizard looks for his first handhold. This isn't really my wheelhouse at all, he thinks, but there's surely value in concentrating on something physical right now.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Mcdt2
2013-04-14, 10:58 PM
Spud: Your drunkenly bumbling causes you to fall several times, but from such small distances you are uninjured. The falls hurt, but less than the laughter and jeering of the rest of the crew.

Black: You climb as hard as you can, but you can't seem to overcome to inhernet disadvantage of trying to climb without feet. You steadily move up the rigging, and reach the top within 2 1/2 minutes, far slower than the others.

Job and Gnidr: You confidently climb to the top, never faltering. Job reaches the top mere seconds before Gnidr, but you both make the climb in under a minute.

Jax: You climb quickly, and almost lose your footing, but you manage to catch yourself and make it to the top in about 90 seconds.

Lizebette: Maybe it's just poor luck or the last remnants of the knockout drug in your system, but you can't seem to get a foothold and fall after 15 feet, taking 6 nonlethal damage from the fall.

Alright, climb back down! Jax, Gnidr, Job, Conchobhar, you'll be workin' rigging! You'll answer directly to me from now on. You'll recieve your work assingments shortly.

Now the rest of you, front and center!

...Do any of you swabs know how to cook?

Angstrom
2013-04-14, 11:42 PM
"Porca troia" Falling from the rigging like a graceless drunk, Lizbette manages to land feet first, but is not lithe enough to avoid slipping with the motion of heaving deck into a pile of rope and sail. Cursing under her breath she rises back up to her feet, favouring her unbruised leg, and stares at Plugg.

If he forces her up, she will go, maybe. But with nothing to gain from climbing again, why bother? When called, she doesn't have far to go. Stepping up she eyes the group, watching to see if any step forward. If the cook is one of the press-ganged, that could bode well for her. Shared circumstance with someone in a key position will be the key to turning this whole thing around.

unfairtosome
2013-04-15, 01:53 AM
[roll0] Knowledge: Engineering to assess the ship
[roll1] Knowledge: Local to wrack his brain for information on the ship or the ship's captain
[roll2] Knowledge: Geography to figure out how far they are out of port

After his final slip from not-too-far up, Spud comes to a rolling stop somewhat near to Plugg's feet. He uses the opportunity of an early fall to stand, wryly dust himself off, and approach the first mate. Oh, this is going well.

I'm sure that if I just explain my skillset there'll be an opportunity for further learning from all this.

In somewhat rusty common, he inhales deeply before addresses Plugg, glancing warily at the man's cat-o'-nine-tails more often than his face.

"As you might be able to tell, I'm not much of a climber, sir, Mister Plugg, however I am good at the breaking things and also good at the fixing things. I know much about the working of the, how do you say... Engines of Sieging, the Seiging Engines you might call them?" In Orc, he rattles off the names of a dozen or so instruments of war that he's moderately familiar with, including ballistae, catapults, and cannons. "And also the study of terrains, geographic lands, yes? I can also identify the valuability, valuation? The Valuing of objects and treasures with easiness; I have eyed many different things during my childhood growing."

unfairtosome
2013-04-15, 02:07 AM
[roll0]Diplomacy for the above
[roll1] Perception to keep an eye out for spell components
[roll2] Knowledge: Engineering &
[roll3] Profession: Siege Engineer to identify siege engines should they be found.

As he trips over words and phrases in the common tongue, Spud seems somewhat resigned to scrubbing the decks with the lowliest of the lowlies- at least I'll be able to collect spell components without anyone noticing, he thinks, keeping an eye out for twigs or metal shavings/iron powder that he could potentially make use of- but as he finishes enumerating his list of skills, he glances hopefully all the way up from his feet to Mr Plugg's chin, warily avoiding glancing at the vicious whip in his hand on the way.

XebenXeb
2013-04-15, 07:09 AM
Looking down from the top of the mainmast, Gnidr laughs heartily and then turns to his fellow riggers who are beginning to descend:

"At least we'll have a good view of the ladies from up here, eh?"

Barring a final look around the surrounding sea, he also begins his descent.

[roll0] perception to survey the deck.
[roll1] perception to survey the surrounding area.

stack
2013-04-15, 07:16 AM
Job slides confidently down the rigging. Not the first tall ship I've been on. Saw them occasionally in the colony, even if most of my sailing was in pa's little fishing boat. "Aye, though I suspect the ladies on board may be spoken for already. Wouldn't be wise to cross the cap'n in such a matter, eh?"

Back on deck, he gives a nod/bow to Plugg, "Thank you sir. Glad to sir." Grovel and scrape. Let them think they have you. They cannot feel the storm coming.

LittleCarp04
2013-04-15, 09:18 AM
Roll for diplomacy: [roll0]
Roll for bluff: [roll1]

Jax comes down the rigging, not quite as confident as some of the others, he takes a moment to smooth his coat and wipe his brow with a kerchief he keeps on himself for such occasions.

“Now this be just damn fine. I aint one for the riggin’. Good Sir Plugg, couldn’t a better position be found for one of my talents?" Jax says, attempting to persuade Plugg. " I can give all sorta service for the crew. Hell, if’n aint no one else, I can even cook a bit. But aint no way I’ll be climbing the rigging, aint got the build for it sir.” Jax looks impatiently at the crewman for his response.

Mcdt2
2013-04-15, 12:49 PM
Spud:
You survey the area and you find that the ship is heading north at the moment, across Jeopardy Bay, although most land is out of sight now.

There are no positions open for siege workers. If I had wanted to find one, I would have asked. Now stop speaking out of turn, or it's the lash for you. Now answer me, can you cook, or can't you? You certainly look like the type who likes his food.

He looks you up and down, examining your large frame. He keeps his hand on the cat at all times, although he keeps his voice surprisingly calm.
--------------------------------------------
Jax:
Plugg's face turns beet red as Jax addresses him.

You think I give a damn what you think about your assignment? I told you you're on rigging, and you will respect that decision, swab! Three lashes for your impertinence, for tonight's Bloody Hour. Now get back in your place!

Anyone else have a complaint?

unfairtosome
2013-04-15, 09:39 PM
Spud unconsciously backpedals a step, and ***** his head to the side to consider Mister Plugg's query. Well, having never really done it before probably means it's not exactly my wheelhouse, but who knows? I might even be good at it... not to mention that it might be an opportunity to spend more time on my own, he finally decides. Calming his initial bit of rage to a slow simmer, he responds slowly and purposefully.

"Aye Master Plugg, you're astute to notice. I enjoy myself a bit of grub very much indeed. You won't be getting the king's finest out of me, but as long as I'm not required to cook in the crow's nest," Spud pauses to grimace showfully and gaze toward where he had fallen just moments before, "I can work with raw ingredients to make 'em a bit more palatable."

stack
2013-04-16, 07:03 AM
They'll learn to keep their mouths shut soon enough, for their own sakes. Keep your heads down, yea daft fools. Job stands, watching the proceedings quietly.

Starbuck_II
2013-04-16, 10:01 AM
No, sir, never been very good at that. Guess I'm stuck cleaning, sir.
Black said with a sigh and a salute.

Mcdt2
2013-04-16, 12:16 PM
If you can cook, then you're the new cook's mate. Report to the galley immediately. You'll be working with Ambrose Kroop. You'll know him by the stench of alcohol. Now get out of my sight.

The rest of you, swab duty.

I'll get the work assigments up shortly, afb. Rules covering "ship actions" will go up at the same time

Mcdt2
2013-04-16, 09:02 PM
Job Assignments, Day 1

Black, you are assigned the duty of cleaning out the bilges, vile and sweaty work. Strength Check (DC 12), followed by DC 10 Con check to avoid fatigue

Job, lookout duty, make sure the Wormwood doesn't crash into any reefs or such. Climb to the Crow's Nest (DC 10), then Perception check.

Spud, you're cooking with Ambrose Kroop today. He's a chatty one, and mostly needs assistance today. No checks, just roleplaying. Lucky you.

Gnidr is working the lines today, hoisting and lowering sails. DC 10 Sailor or Dex check. DC 10 Con check or fatigued after shift.

Lizbette, to the bilges with Black

Jax, you've been assigned to line work as well, but on the mainsail, which is a fair bit heavier. DC 10 Sailor or Strength check, followed by DC 10 Con

Now that you've been assinged duties, complete them, and decide upon the ship action you'll be taking.

LittleCarp04
2013-04-16, 09:17 PM
Rolls for rigging work:
Sailor: [roll0]
Con: [roll1]
adding in more rolls to the next post for his actions but will just edit it here for RP

Jax begrudgingly heads up the rigging, Jus' wait, we will make him eat his words one day, true 's the wind we will.

Jax works at the ropes deftly ensuring all the rigging is managed and sailing can go on without interruption on his part.

He see's another gnome and tries to make small talk, "Hey there, odd to see 'nother gnome here, and one with such care for his looks!" Jax says laughing and motioning to his own impeccable jacket and hat. Only after climbing down does he realize just how tired he was. Aching to the bone and breathing hard enough to be concerning, Jax falls upon the nearest barrel for a brief rest.

Later that night he finds time to sing a simple pirate tale of a boat that was entranced by mermaids and was then lost at sea. A song about the dangers of women and their evil magics. Some of the crew seemed to like it, but he did notice some others giving him looks that could take the heart out of a lesser performer. Nonetheless Jax completed the song regardless of the lackluster response.

LittleCarp04
2013-04-16, 10:56 PM
Influence(Diplomacy): [roll0]
Entertain(Performance: Singing [roll1]

Angstrom
2013-04-17, 12:15 AM
Lizbette's gag reflex triggers when she enters the bilge. "Lamashtu's balls! This pezzo di merda hold's somethin' ain't it. Tha's at least two rats I count 'mongst the futtocks."

Clearly unhappy at the prospect of spending time here, Lizbette works slowly and poorly. More interesting to her is the woman who had healed the half-orc earlier. "Smart of ya with the orc. He'll owe ya now, big man like that. You scratched his back, when you plannin' on havin' 'im scratch yours? I reckon he won't mind none, its a rather fine back."

A cleric can be a friend, but is more often an enemy. As they talk, Lizbette attempts to uncover the woman's divine loyalties, get her attention, and perhaps even her friendship. For the most part she leaves the pale man alone. The fact that he still wears his longclothes makes him seem a landlubber and there's little value for those on board.

Detect Good on everyone in the bilge. Also if the ship is in need of repair she'll take note of it. She knows basic woodworking and repair and would rather do that than clean.

unfairtosome
2013-04-17, 04:15 AM
Mcdt2:
Still waiting on Knowledge/perception check results from my above posts

Spud, half-orc wizard

Somewhat bemusedly, Spud makes his way to the galley, reflecting along the way about the circumstances that led him to where he was at that moment. His fist tightens angrily, reflexively, as he thinks about having to kowtow to a band of pirates in the interests of mere survival. The lot pressed with me though, he muses, considering the man destined to be whipped later that evening, surely they must be feeling the same way. How many aboard, I wonder, harbor that same resentment- and how might that prove useful in the future?

Sighing, he thinks back to the woman who healed him, and how he didn't even thank her. His face burns with the beginnings of shame. It'd serve me right if they all dismissed me as a slave to my orcish heritage, he sneers at himself. That's how I've been acting.

As he enters the galley, Spud unconsciously pats his pocket, where his spellbook would normally be. The wizard surprises himself by how naked he feels without it. At least I've my nosering. There's bound (he puns to himself) to be a moment where the arcane magic stored within will prove a handy surprise. The first order of business, though: Find this cook!

XebenXeb
2013-04-17, 04:47 AM
Day:
[roll0] Profession: Sailor (Work Diligently)
[roll1] Constitution

Gnidr works the lines without interruption today, in an effort to familiarize himself with the workings of this particular ship's sails. Due to his previous experiences as a rigger, though, he doesn't invest too much effort and is hardly even tired after his shift.

The brief pauses Gnidr has inbetween hoisting and lowering sails he uses to think. He knows nobody on the ship and is probably already seen as a bully for knocking out the half-orc. He curses under his breath, somewhat regretful of his harsh reaction. His mind soon drifts to another rigger working above him, who is in line for a flogging.

At least we'll get to see how hard they hit with the whip. he muses, almost resigned to the fact he will be the one on the whipping post at some point in the future.

stack
2013-04-17, 07:47 AM
Job climbs steadily to the crows nest, taking position as lookout. He keeps a weather eye out, scanning the horizon. Could just lead the ship into shoals, sink the lot of them. Captain would find some way to survive though and I can't afford that.

take 10 on climb for 15, perception [roll0]

Mcdt2
2013-04-17, 09:48 AM
Jax
Well, that's not a bad get up yourself there. Name's Conchobhar Shortstone. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.
As he finishes speaking, his eyes return not to his work, but to the halfing woman swabbing the deck. He sighs softly and reluctantly returns to work.

Lizbette:
Oh, I don't of it like that. We're all on the same boat here after, literally in fact. And in this sorta place it's not what ya know, but who, right?

Oh hey, I almost forgot. This belongs to you, right? I got the captain to return this, told him it was a holy relic of Besmara. Guess he didn't want to annoy a priestess of the Pirate Queen. Just make sure Plugg or Scourge don't see ya with it.
She pulls Kyton's Claw out of her pack, and hands it to you, smiling.
Your detect good comes up clean. No auras detected.

Starbuck_II
2013-04-17, 10:08 AM
Daytime Influence action

[roll1]
[roll2]

Night time:
Explore some area of the ship (randomly determine for me please)
[roll3]
Perception (take 20) 27
or
perception [roll]120+7
add +1 to these if hidden/secret door/objects (like loot)

Black was not used to swabbing decks, but he could use this time to see how that lass Rosie is doing. "So, how did you get stuck here madam, I took the wrong drink at the wrong time. Wasn't the first time I was tricked with a drink, why don't I tell you the tale?"

At night, Black decided he needed to see what there was to this place.

Angstrom
2013-04-17, 02:35 PM
"You're a special kind of wonderful you are. And I am rapidly coming to see your wisdom; name's Lizbette, glad to know you."

"So what's a Besmaran like ye'self doin' on swab duty? Don't seem right to me. And what about you pale-face? You were drugged too eh?"

Lizbette eyes the woman with a mix of pleasure and uncertainty and Black with curiosity. The woman isn't explicitly asking for anything back, which could be problematic. If she's truly a generous sort, then she'll be a good friend to have; but if she's playing the long game, then Bette would need to find out what angle to play.

Sleight of Hand to hide the claw on her person: [roll0] unless taking 20 is allowed.

Mcdt2
2013-04-17, 10:13 PM
Spud: As you enter the galley, you nearly stumble over a goat wandering around the cramped room. Looking around, there is a mess of cabinets and cutlery, which appears to be inhabited by three goats, a score of chickens, and a frightening array of meat cleavers. Dozens of barrels full of food line the walls, and two small ovens are lit, boiling large kettles of soup.

Amidst this mess stands a large, messy looking man.
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/128617/FishGuts.png

As he sees you enter, he staggers over to you, obviously drunk, but practiced at walking in this state.

Well, you musht be ma new mate. *hic* Welc'me to me galley. Ya'cn call meh "Fishguts", if'n it pleashes yeh. *hic* And thish here ish me wee friend, Black Hearted Bezebel. Go on, Bezzie, shay hi. *cluck* Well shaid Bezzie.

Sho were was we? Oh yeah, cookin'. Ain't much to do, cookin's rightly eashy, an ah do mosht of it anyhow. Occashionally we gotta... we gotta catch some mo' grub, and you gots to take over when ah'm drunk. Heh. Hehehe. Good thing ah'm shober now, eh? *hic*

C'mom, lesh get cookin'

Mcdt2
2013-04-17, 10:29 PM
Black:

I was hanging around in Port Peril about three days ago, same as you I imagine, when some thugs tried to spike my drink. Saw through the damn ploy of course, so they tried to take me out more directly. Gave them Hell, but they got me in the end. Trust me, though, I made sure my axe left some choice scars they won't be forgetting anytime soon, and nowhere they can show off to others, if you understand me. Even now, none of them dare take away my handaxe. Didn't stop em taking my fiddle though, lousy bastards.

Said you had a tale to tell, huh? See if you can beat that.

She smiles at the notion, and begins twirling her handaxe in her hand as she delivers the challenge.

Mcdt2
2013-04-29, 04:12 PM
Lizbette:

Oh, well...

I may have angered our boatswain, just a bit. Last night, Scourge approached me. He was interested in my, ahem "talents", though not of the kind needed for sailing a ship, if you catch me. We had a disagreement. He hid the bruise rather well, I must say.

Be careful he does not try the same to you, miss. Been a mighty long time since these ones have had their way with a woman, and the sea can get very lonely.

She gives you a gentle look, then returns to her work with vigor.

Angstrom
2013-05-03, 05:34 PM
"Ha, I think it must be catchin'. You saw the lump-nosed dwarf they called Tam right? Gave him that bleeder same time as you got to Scourge. I'm thinkin' we know how to look after ourselves, but you watch my back and I watch yours; they won't be no trouble."