PDA

View Full Version : I would abjure you, aid me to create a D&D Character

Igos
2013-04-13, 02:44 AM
If you've got a spare moment, I would like to create an expy of Gilgamesh from the Final Fantasy games in the 3.5 edition of D&D.

Gilgamesh is essentially human, however in this series of games, he is a type of monster - appearing to be a darker skinned, slightly well built and taller than average human, he is able to sprout a total of six additional arms from behind his initial, normal two.

He is able to use these arms to fight, hold weapons, and so forth, as per example in Dissidia 012 (link here for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnw9EL3Jut8 )

How can I integrate this feature of extra arms into D&D? I've found a NPC feat in the Dungeon Master's Guide, but would it be possible for a player to have this sort of ability?

(Basically a multiple armed Human Fighter in simple terms)

Malak'ai
2013-04-13, 02:53 AM
I'd say Gilgamesh would be more of a Warblade from ToB than a fighter.
I know in FF8 all his attacks were different depending on what sword he used, to me that smacks of Martial Strikes and Stances. Though which ones they'd be, I have no idea.

samuraijaques
2013-04-13, 02:58 AM
i actually made a similar character recently based of of the gods of hindu mythology. mine only had 6 arms but im sure you could find a way to get 8.

i used the insect template from savage species and a custom magic items of fuse arms to make the effect. having 6 arms is pretty great so i imagine having 8 would only be better.

something else to look at would be the obah-blessed template. it provides 2 or 4 extra arms, multiweapon fighting and some stat increases. I like the insect template more but it only adds 2 arms so you may have to stack both to get what you want.

hope it helps.

Igos
2013-04-13, 03:26 AM
I'm fine with 6 honestly 4-8 is fine, and i ment Fighter more as a Melee Class then the class fighter i suppose

Gildedragon
2013-04-13, 03:35 AM
Totemist 1: Girallion Arms (totem chakra)
Sorc/Wiz/Cleric/Druid 3rd Level Spell: Girallion's Blessing (get through an object)
for a total of 4 bonus arms.

with obah blessed you can go to 8 bonus arms

ArcturusV
2013-04-13, 03:51 AM
Well, seems the Arm thing is covered. I suppose the other thing would be the weapons itself. Warblade for Manuevers is fine. Maaaybe crusader as he tends, in some games, to have a similar skill set (Like in FF V).

Excalipoor would probably be a longsword with the Merciful (only deals non-lethal) damage property, with no enhancement bonus (Or +1 if you don't want to waive that rule) with a constantly applied Nystul's Magic Aura to make it detect as a +5 Holy Avenger Longsword.

Excalibur itself (the few times he wields it), is pretty obviously going to be something like a +5 Holy Avenger Longsword, possibly with additional properties like Blessed and Banishing.

Greenish
2013-04-13, 06:25 PM
Totemist 1: Girallion Arms (totem chakra)Totem Chakra opens at Totemist 2.