PDA

View Full Version : Wirebound, a horrific necromantic experiment (3.5 template PEACH)

inuyasha
2013-04-13, 04:58 AM
NOTE: this is inspired by the wirebound berserker of Sword & Sorcery's Creature Collection II but does have some modifications
Wirebound
Wirebound creatures are sad, forgotten souls brutally tortured, whipped, and experimented on until they no longer remember who they are. They appear as normal members of their species except they have a thick, barbed, steel wire tightly wrapped over parts of their body, causing extreme pain, eternal rage, and neverending bloodlust. As the wirebound creature fights, the necromantic energy infused into this wire constricts, digging deeper into the wirebound creatures flesh, this only increases its rage, making it tougher, faster, and stronger, but also slowly slicing it up to shreds. Once a wirebound creature dies, it falls into a mass of bloody chunks, wire, and a sea of blood, then, and only then, is the wretched creature finally at peace
Creating a wirebound creature
"Wirebound" is an acquired template that can be added to any humanoid, monstrous humanodi, or giant
Size/Type: Humanoids become monstrous humanoids. Size is unchanged
Armor class: +1 from new dexterity and add +6 natural armor
Special qualities: Keep those of the base creature and add the ones below
Berserker wire (Su)
The wire from which the wirebound creature gets its name enhances the subjects physical capabilities by drawing energy from the poor souls torment and agony. Each round a wirebound creature is in melee combat and misses, the wire constricts, dealing 3 points of damage to the creature (ignoring DR) and increases the dexterity, strength, and constitution of the subject by 1 each. This damage from the wire and the bonuses to physical stats are permenant and may never be gotten rid of. This means the wirebound creature is essentially, tearing itself to shreds, and eventually dying a slow, painful, agonizing, death. [That's what makes it unsuitable for PCs unless you are a vicious killer DM].

Unnatural stamina (Su)
A wirebound creature can survive and fight until -10 HP
Abilities: +8 strength +2 dexterity +2 constitution -2 intelligence -4 wisdom -2 charisma
CR: +3
LA: -- this template is unsuitable for PCs

Scerpico
2013-04-13, 05:01 PM
Wasn't this a monster from the old Scarred Lands campaign setting? Glad I'm not the only one to remember that they had some pretty cool monsters.

inuyasha
2013-04-13, 05:58 PM
Wasn't this a monster from the old Scarred Lands campaign setting? Glad I'm not the only one to remember that they had some pretty cool monsters.

yeah it was a monster in CC2 (which is noted at the top of the post) and it was originally a creature, not a template, and I think it needed to be a template :) do you like it?

Debihuman
2013-04-13, 07:02 PM
Very nice indeed. I hadn't remembered the monster (haven't looked at that book in a long time).

Debby

inuyasha
2013-04-13, 07:11 PM
Thank you debby :) I'm glad you liked it

AttilaTheGeek
2013-04-14, 08:13 AM
Wait, but it gives itself 1 permanent CON every 3 damage? Past level 6, shouldn't the damage be less than extra hit points gained from the CON increase?

Debihuman
2013-04-14, 09:19 AM
Needs a bit of editing and proofreading:

"This means the wirebound creature is essentially, tearing itself to shreds, and eventually dying a slow, painful, agonizing, death." [That's what makes it unsuitable for PCs unless you are a vicious killer DM].

Debby

inuyasha
2013-04-14, 10:58 AM
Wait, but it gives itself 1 permanent CON every 3 damage? Past level 6, shouldn't the damage be less than extra hit points gained from the CON increase?
well...in theory I guess, the wires just drive it through combat, making it hate everything more and more, but also this isnt accouunting for actual damage from someones sword or arrow, those count too and it all adds up

Needs a bit of editing and proofreading:

"This means the wirebound creature is essentially, tearing itself to shreds, and eventually dying a slow, painful, agonizing, death." [That's what makes it unsuitable for PCs unless you are a vicious killer DM].

Debby
heheh ok :)

AttilaTheGeek
2013-04-15, 09:58 AM
well...in theory I guess, the wires just drive it through combat, making it hate everything more and more, but also this isnt accouunting for actual damage from someones sword or arrow, those count too and it all adds up

But normal damage can be healed normally, no? So every two rounds in combat, a Wirebound takes 6 damage and gains 2 CON, which give it an extra 20 hit points for a net gain of 14. Not only can its regular damage (i.e, from a sword) be healed with a Cure spell, it's also healing itself every round. It actually gives more survivability, not less.

Selenir
2013-04-15, 10:14 AM
"This means the wirebound creature is essentially(,) tearing itself to shreds, and eventually dying a slow, painful, agonizing(,) death." [That's what makes it unsuitable for PCs unless you are a vicious killer DM].

It's amusing that you had two punctuation errors in a "let me correct your grammar" post.

"This means the wirebound creature is essentially tearing itself to shreds, and eventually dying a slow, painful, agonizing death."

Remove the two indicated commas.

Debihuman
2013-04-15, 12:38 PM
And this is why I shouldn't post at night. :smallbiggrin:

Technically, the berserker wire should be quoted from the book (the text is open content, I checked).

Berserker Wire (Su): The wire from which the wirebound berserker derives its name enhances the subject’s physical capabilities by drawing on energy from his dying agony. Each round that the berserker is in melee but fails to hit, the creature’s Strength, Dexterity and Constitution increase by one point. By the same token, the berserker suffers three hit points of damage as the wire bites deeper into the subject’s flesh. Remember to increase the berserker’s initiative, armor class, attack, damage and hit point bonuses each round, as well.

Debby