PDA

View Full Version : Where to take my character. Advice wanted

Ramshack
2013-04-13, 04:18 PM
Hey guys!

So we are pretty deep in an e6 campaign and I am playing a Human 1 Carmedine Monk (with decisive strike instead of flurry) 5 Fire Domain Wizard ( gave up Familiar for Abrupt Jaunt, and Scribe Scroll for a bonus feat) along with 2 flaws. High Optimization encouraged for e6. Problem is I'm running out of feat ideas. Currently my goal was to recreate Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alechemist in 3.5 form. He has arcane thesis Fireball and Scorching Ray along with all Fire Enhancing Feats.

Currently

He has Blood Line of Fire
Ascetic Mage (spontaneous cast fire spells)
Flash Cast,
Fiery Spell
Blistering Spell
Fiery Burst
Searing Spell
Arcane Thesis Scorching Ray
Arcane Thesis Fire Ball
Practical Meta Magic Twin Spell
Easy Meta Magic Twin Spell
Sculpt Spell
Explosive Spell
Improved Initiative
Weapon Focus
Point Blank
Precise Shot

Basically I use Arcane Thesis on Fire Ball and Scorching Ray and have ato combine alot of level 1 metamagics and twin spell scorching ray for 24d6 + lots of bonuses. Or Fiery Burst for clearing minions.

For Defense I use abrupt jaunt and my high AC from the monk bonuses combined with Shield and Mage armor.

The problem is I don't know where to take the character now. I feel Like i've pimped out his fire spells as much as I can give the campaign restrictions. Should I learn a weapon, improve my unarmed capabilities incase i find myself w/o magic, find ways to increase my defenses? Opinions appreciated.

Ramshack
2013-04-13, 11:19 PM
Any ideas at all? Sad day QQ

avr
2013-04-13, 11:41 PM
Have you considered taking an item creation feat or two? Whether for greater endurance or to gain passive benefits there are a reasonable amount of use in them.

Martial Study/Stance for some 1st-2nd level maneuvers/stances could give you some tricks to help in melee. The maneuvers would be 1/encounter due to the lack of initiator levels but that might be OK for a backup plan. Desert Wind and Diamond Mind would probably fit your character best.

Ramshack
2013-04-14, 12:35 PM
The only book we don't have access too is the ToB unfortunately so we can't take stances otherwise that would be a great idea. I have not considered creation feats, thanks for the suggestion i'll look into those ;)

questionmark693
2013-04-14, 03:41 PM
Look through there's we've feats, in Complete Arcane iirc. There's a handy fire based one you should check out, it's pretty nice :)

Ramshack
2013-04-14, 04:48 PM
Hmm I just flipped through it I didn't see any weave feats

questionmark693
2013-04-14, 11:41 PM
Sorry, autocorrect XP I meant to say reserve feats.