PDA

View Full Version : The devious deception

hethoran
2013-04-13, 10:17 PM
Hello all. I've been lurking for a while, but something happened in my game that made me just have to share with you all.

It was 3.5 and I was perusing source books. I stumbled upon possession and decided I need to get me some of dat. So of course the greedy rogue takes the fancy bow with seemingly overly strong magic powers. After a time, he suddenly is possessed by the erinyes that was chillin in it. It starts trying to mess with the players through this guy, stifling every attempt at warning the others.( It turned out the rogue's will save sucked really bad, go figure)

The devil made the mistake of trying to charm the monk, however, who easily beat the charm and realized something was wrong. Fighting ensues, of course the monk is doing all this with nonlethal to not kill the guy. The Rogue had been exasperated at this monk already, and so as they fought, originally the devil was fighting it, but I let the player roll dice for it. For the last few turns before the rogue went unconcious, I had been instead of just telling the player to roll, I had asked "What do you do?" he of course kept attacking the monk all those rounds. I pointed it out after all was said and done. Let's just say the Rogue was kinda anguished that he had done that. (Chaotic good and all)

JusticeZero
2013-04-13, 10:35 PM
So.. you basically did this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0640.html) to your rogue?

that's hysterical. =)