PDA

View Full Version : Cleric/ Dweomerkeeper Spell mantle?

Cranthis
2013-04-14, 03:06 AM
So, pretty simple question. What is your opinion on what I should use for my first Spell mantle, off of the cleric list? (Currently can be 3rd level or lower.
Its a semi-melee based cleric, with light necromancy and leadership.

Skysaber
2013-04-14, 03:11 AM
Only time I've ever seen a spell mantle pick and cheered "Yes! That's perfect!" was when a Shadowcraft Mage loaded up Silent Image.

On the other hand, if you've got followers there are a number of buff spells that may be appropriate.

Cranthis
2013-04-14, 11:08 AM
Well the follower's probably won't be in combat very much, so that option is still there, just not the best choice, I believe.

Tvtyrant
2013-04-14, 04:04 PM
I would suggest Dispel Magic. It is almost always useful.

Cranthis
2013-04-14, 04:14 PM

I don't know why I didn't think of that. But yes, this is probably what I will do.

Tvtyrant
2013-04-14, 04:16 PM
I don't know why I didn't think of that. But yes, this is probably what I will do.

Glad to have been of help! I love Dweomerkeeper; it lets you do so many cool things you normally couldn't.

Cranthis
2013-04-14, 04:18 PM
Glad to have been of help! I love Dweomerkeeper; it lets you do so many cool things you normally couldn't.

Like exp and material free wish, animate dead, miracle, ressurection, etc etc
Well not all of these, but you get the point.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-04-14, 04:21 PM

Only do this if you don't expect the game to go beyond level 10. Otherwise let it wait for Greater Dispel Magic.

Summon Monster III is fairly standard, unless you go with a nongood cleric of the old LN Mystra, in which case Summon Undead III would probably be better. Having some sort of summoning always available is extremely useful, even if it's just to spring a trap or use for a meat shield.

Tvtyrant
2013-04-14, 04:21 PM
Like exp and material free wish, animate dead, miracle, ressurection, etc etc

Some people use it better than me. My last character used XP free chained Permanency to make an army of animated clothes, dressers, stools and carts to act as servants while out adventuring. I roleplayed him as being insanely lazy, so he would stand on a living chariot rather than walk anywhere, and fought by chain-buffing the party and his objects.

Cranthis
2013-04-14, 04:26 PM
Only do this if you don't expect the game to go beyond level 10. Otherwise let it wait for Greater Dispel Magic.

Summon Monster III is fairly standard, unless you go with a nongood cleric of the old LN Mystra, in which case Summon Undead III would probably be better. Having some sort of summoning always available is extremely useful, even if it's just to spring a trap or use for a meat shield.

True enough. I might switch out.

Some people use it better than me. My last character used XP free chained Permanency to make an army of animated clothes, dressers, stools and carts to act as servants while out adventuring. I roleplayed him as being insanely lazy, so he would stand on a living chariot rather than walk anywhere, and fought by chain-buffing the party and his objects.

Nice.

Cranthis
2013-04-15, 02:43 PM
Any other suggestions from the cleric spell list? I need to choose by friday?