PDA

View Full Version : Like A Serpent Through The Grass Naruto d20 IC

Philemonite
2013-04-14, 09:50 AM
For some reason (you have no idea why) you have been summoned by Lady Hokage herself. Knowing that it probably not wise to let her wait you quickly make your way. When you enter the room the first thing you notice is two fellow graduates from the academy. The second thing you notice is one of your teachers from the academy, Takeda.

"Are this the best students of this generation Takeda?"

"Yes, Lady Tsunade. I an afraid that this years graduates are less then impressive."

She takes a thorough look at you and the other graduates, as if she was looking straight to your soul.
"I think that you underestimate them, they have a lot of potential. Besides, it is not like we have other choice."
Her voice, that was sharp enough to cut through diamond suddenly switches to a soothing tone as she speaks to you.
"As the best of your generation you have been chosen for a special tasks squad. You will report to me tomorrow morning for your first mission. Young samurai here, whose name is Jin Akiyama, will be joining you. Are there any questions?"

It is then that you notice a samurai that is standing in the corner. You wonder was he there the whole time, but before you can do anything else you are met with Lady Tsunade's piercing gaze. You realize that you have been asked a question, and Lady Tsunade expects an answer.

Nyan
2013-04-14, 10:23 AM
Jin had been standing quietly in the corner for some time with the shinobi Takeda and the hokage when he saw the Three others come in to the room. He was currently wearing his White hakama and gi with his sword at his side, his long blonde hair set up in a ponytail and his clear blue Eyes looking around the room. Remaining silent as the hokage speaks to them and then when he was introduced and they noticed him he took a step forward and gave them a bow. You could clearly see a scar over his right eye that seemed to have only just healed up. "Pleasure to finaly meet you, It will be an honour to help you in your mission. I shall not fail you."

He stood up straight again and gave the Three graduates a smile before turning to the Hokage and bowing even deeper this time. "Thank you lady hokage. I dont even have the Words to express my Gratitude for the opertunity you have presented me, and that you could take me in like this even with the troublesome situation I am currently placed in."

Dragonsage
2013-04-14, 12:47 PM
Ayame was nervous about being summoned before the Hokage, but she managed to hide it well. It helped to have one of her academy teachers and some of the others students who graduated there.

She was completely silent while Tsunade and Takeda spoke with each other. Out of habit she ran her fingers through her red hair, that was about shoulder length, once or twice while she was idly standing around. She was also thankful that she was able to change into her ninja outfit before she left her family's bar.

After greeting the Samurai with a warm smile, she returned her attention to Lady Tsunade. "Lady Hokage, what sort of mission will we be taking part in tomorrow?" She asked curiously, since she was going to be put into a special tasks squad.

Lexin
2013-04-14, 01:56 PM
Mizushiro came last to the meeting with Hokage, he was busy trying to learn new techniques, helping at family restaurant and meditating (taking naps) ... yes he was busy. He looked around, nodding to other students from academy and joined them to learn why were they summoned.

His face didn't show any emotion when Takeda sensei and Tsunade sama talked about them, but his eyebrows rose a little bit showing his surprise when he learned that a samurai would be joining them. That was highly unexpected.

His hand reached to the mask he wore on his face, it was proper to show his face... at least this once when he introduces himself to new teammates. His face isn't ugly but also still too childish to be called handsome, some think he is cute... which is the main reason for the mask, ninja are not cute. He has short, black hair with a little white patch, above his forehead, covering a scar he got during training. He also has bright blue eyes... which look as if there was some kind of pattern on his irises, if someone were to look closely.

"I am Mizushiro of Fujiwara clan." he says to the samurai and turns his whole attention to Hokage.
"Questions?" he asks "Yes, I think I have some. For one, since when do ninja cooperate so closely with samurai?
What is this special task force, you speak of? Do we have special authority or responsibilities... or both?
Is Takeda sensei our team leader?"
He stops for a moment, deep in thoughts.
"I think that's all for now." he says focusing back on Tsunade and fixing back his mask.

Jacior
2013-04-15, 12:05 PM
Hibiki stays quiet while people are being gathered for the meeting with the Hokage. They had pulled him away in the middle of a delivery, which explained the box he was carrying. He nodded to the other two graduates as they came in, having raised an eyebrow at the samurai in the corner when he had come in. Luckily, his training hadn't been interrupted as he wasn't planning on starting until after work.

His hands and arms are all covered in bandages that wrap up into his sleeves, an interesting choice in style. But what's shocking was his stark white hair and startlingly blood red eyes. They looked at each of the gathered people for this new team. It was well established that Ayame was a genjutsu genius. Hibiki and Mizushiro were both prodigies in ninjutsu, admittedly in different fields. Hibiki could only assume that the samurai was equally talented in martial techniques perhaps.

"I've got no questions. They've already been asked."

Philemonite
2013-04-15, 02:03 PM
"Jin will be your companion, not your commander. As a special squad you will be directed by me personally, and you will act independently. Officially, your squad does not exist. You do not have any authority, but you will be outside of chain of command. As for the reason why you are cooperating with a samurai, it is not your place to ask." Her voice changed to cold while saying the last sentence, as if she was making a point. She made a short pause before continuing in her normal tone.
"Any details of your mission are classified, so there is not much I can tell you until tomorrow. All I can tell you is you will be going on a trip. Take any supplies you might need, you must be ready for anything. If there are no more question you are free to go."

Lexin
2013-04-15, 02:28 PM
'She says we can ask questions and then that there is not our place to ask them... women... thinks Mizushiro, straining not to roll his eyes ...no details on the mission too, like it would hurt to know what to prepare for... there is a difference between assassination mission or helping with a siege... I wonder how would she react if I came here tomorrow with a battering ram, saying that we were supposed to be prepared for everything... no, better not... she could kill me or something...'

After this internal monologue he says quietly "No more questions." nods politely to Tsunade and leaves the room to wait for others. When they are all outside he asks a simple question "Ramen?"

Dragonsage
2013-04-15, 03:05 PM
Ayame had no qualms with working with a Samurai, so she didn't raise anymore questions about it. Though she did wonder how she could prepare for a mission she had absolutely no information about, but she simply shrugged it off.

"We'll be ready." She politely nodded to Tsunade before leaving with the others. "Ramen?" She repeated when she looked over to Mizushiro, realizing that she hadn't had lunch yet. "Yeah, I could go for some food."

Nyan
2013-04-15, 04:52 PM
Jin would stand beside the Hokage's desk as he looked towards you three with a friendly smile before he walked up to you and stood then infront of the desk facing the hokage. "As you wish lady hokage." He said giving her a bow. "And I would also like to exhange a few words with you in private, if you dont mind." He said calmly before turning his head towards his newfound teamates. "You dont need to wait for me or anything, I will have things to do in order to prepare once I have spoken with the hokage. Im sorry I can not join you today."

He then stood and waited patiently for the others to leave and once he heard the door behind him when the last person left he looked at the Hokage and Takeda. "As you probably know I have been told by my master to seek refuge here, like I told you before the others arrived. I dont know if you knew my master Hiko Seijuro in person, but he informed me that he sent a scroll to you lady hokage. He told me he trusted you, and so will I but I wanted to ask if you have recived this scroll and if the information contained in it has been kept hidden." He then went silent for a moment as his gaze went down slightly like he was thinking of something. "Oh...And did he perhaps send an message with the scroll? Perhaps to you explaining our situation or anything to me?" He asked a bit hopefull as he really wanted to hear something from his master. He knew his master would be fine but he could not hide the fact that he missed him.

Jacior
2013-04-15, 05:49 PM
Hibiki accepts being left out of the loop. Even with their unofficial status, being on a special squad headed by the Hokage herself was a simply massive honor. To be kept in the dark about certain things was simply ok with him. Though, he hoped that the team eventually would be recognized officially. Hibiki bows slightly before picking up his box and heading outside.

"I've actually got a delivery to make. And then I wanted to get in some training today..." He looks at his former classmates. "I'll meet you guys after my delivery. I can be late to training I guess."

Philemonite
2013-04-16, 06:50 AM
Lady Tsunade's demeanor changed when she heard Jin's questions.
"I KNOW him" she said, trying to correct him. "I have not seen him for some time, but we do stay in touch. Hiko did send me the scroll, you will receive it tomorrow. It has not been touched, like he instructed, it is waiting for you."
She turned to Takeda, as if she was looking for moral support. She couldn't lie to the boy.
"There is not much I can tell you, we do not have enough information, and little we have is classified. All i can tell you is that Hiko has been seen two weeks ago. You will meet someone who can tell you more soon. Now, go with your new companions, you need to get to know them."

Lexin
2013-04-16, 10:52 AM
"We would wait for you." says Mizushiro to Hibiki.
"See you at Ichiraku Ramen Bar."

"Let's go." he says turning to Ayame and starts walking, leading the way.

Dragonsage
2013-04-16, 01:15 PM
"We'll meet you there." Ayame waved Hibiki and started to follow Mizushiro.

Jacior
2013-04-16, 03:04 PM
Hibiki nods and grabs his bike from where it had been leaning. "Meet you guys there." He holds out the box with one hand as he peddles and makes his way out to his delivery.

Assuming everything goes well, he joins back up with the other two at Ichiraku.

Nyan
2013-04-16, 04:41 PM
Jin looked at the hokage with worry still lingering in his eyes but he seemed more relived as he breathed out slightly as he Heard his master had been seen two weeks ago. "I see....I'm glad to hear it..Last time I Heard anything from him was a month ago when he sent me away...I dont belive he is in any danger...but I am glad to hear he is allright none the less. Thank you Lady hokage...Truly.." He said bowing deeply only to rise up again with newfound spirit as he smiled at the hokage. "That will be all for now. I will make preperations for tomorow...I have some things I would like to Think about on my own."

With that he turned around and walked out the door and sighed slightly as he looked up a bit. "Master....I will meet you again soon enough..." And with that he walked out the building and went to the nearby lake. There he would stand looking over the clear water as he watched the leaves fall from the nearby tree. Getting in to a stance he would stand still and focus before suddenly flashing his eyes open and drawing his sword swinging it through the air with blinding speed. "I need to master Iaido further...I have no time to rest.." He thought as he remained on the bridge and continued his exersises.

Training. (Completed in half the time.)
Mastering Kenjutsu: Iaido to rank 2

Learn DC: 14
Succsesses: 1

Check
[roll0]

If succsessful on the first try this will take the entire day. Edit: In beating the check with 5 over the learn DC, the time it took was halved.

And after only a few hours of training, half the time that he had expected Jin would take the stance a final time, taking a deep breath as he closed his eyes. Drawing his blade and preforming a strike he would cut off a tiny peice of a leaf that was falling down infront of him. Sheathing his sword as he exhaled and opend his eyes Jin felt that he had come one step closer to become a true master in the Iaido art.

Philemonite
2013-04-17, 06:44 AM
As you enter Ichiraku you feel... different. You still don't really understand what is going on and why Lady Tsunade choose you for this squad, but you are happy. You start to wonder what is this secret mission. You realize you have ho idea what you will need, since you have never been on an away mission before. You can see some of the guests looking at you and you wonder if someone in here knows something.
Your train of thoughts is interrupted when Takeda walks in. By the cold look that he gives you you realize that he does not want to talk to you, but you can't stop but wonder if he might be willing to tell you something about your mission.

Lexin
2013-04-17, 07:55 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img441/5909/narramenshop.jpg

As they reached the place Mizushiro quickly sat at the first available place and looked through the menu. "Hello sir, I would like a Pork Curry Ramen... and you?" he asks looking at Ayame. He could afford to pay for the two of them... Hibiki was late, so he could pay for himself and the unsociable samurai was nowhere to be found...

Menu
http://www.ajisen.com.my/Images/menu-ramen-1.jpg

When Takeda enters the place, Mizushiro just begins to eat second serving of his ramen. "Hello sensei, what brings you here?"

Jacior
2013-04-17, 12:20 PM
Hibiki comes into the, well you could call it a resturant if you wanted, shortly after Takeda does, proceded by the sound of his bike. He brushes the curtain back as he steps in and smiles as his former classmates and current teammates. "You started eating without me. I guess that means you're buying!" He grins and climbs up into a seat next to Ayame. "I'll have a volcano ramen please, vegetarian and extra spicy." He nods at Takeda. "Takeda-sensei, is there anything you can tell us about the mission tomorrow?"

Dragonsage
2013-04-17, 01:19 PM
Ayame was disappointed that the samurai was a no show. She would have loved to get more acquainted with him before they started working together. 'Oh well... guess i'll have to get know him later.' She sighed mentally before taking a look at the menu. "I'll have the Tom yam ramen."

After ordering, she noticed Takeda entering. "Hello Sensei!" she greeted him and then waited to see if he would answer Hibiki's question.

Philemonite
2013-04-17, 01:28 PM
"There is nothing I can tell you until tomorrow, those are Lady Tsunade's orders" Takeda barks at you.
The lady that is sitting next to him gives him a stern look.
"You should not be rude to your students Takeda" she says.
"I am Leleha, I will be your guide tomorrow. We will be going to my village, it is three days north of here. There is not much else I can tell you."

Lexin
2013-04-17, 01:45 PM
"Oh, I think there is something..." says Mizushiro, but then sees Takeda's face and adds really quickly "No, I don't mean the mission sensei. he turns back to Leleha Could you tell us something about your village? How big is it? Do we need warm clothes? These kinds of things would be appreciated..." he says in almost apologizing tone.

Philemonite
2013-04-18, 07:12 AM
Leleha noticed how Mizushiro reacted to Takeda's look and smiled softly.
"It is just a small village in the mountains. It might be a bit chilly, but it is not much colder than here, actually. You should still pack warm clothing, you never no where you might need to go next."
"Lady Leleha, please. You have already said too much." Takeda said with a worried expression.

Jacior
2013-04-18, 11:14 AM
"With all due respect, Takeda-sensei, Tsunade-sama did tell us to be packed with everything we would need for the mission when we meet up tomorrow. This is something to know so we know what to pack. Cold weather can be detrimental if you aren't ready." Hibiki says as the bowl of ultra-hot ramen is set in front of him. He grabs his chopsticks and shoves the first mouthful into his mouth before doing anything else. "This is good." He says, after swallowing the first bite.

Dragonsage
2013-04-18, 12:24 PM
After Takeda barked at the group, Ayame ducked her head in a shyish manner and tended to her bowl of Ramen. 'Soo good!'

She continued listening to what was said while she enjoyed her noodles. 'So we might be traveling for a long time.' she thought before chiming in. "They're right Sensei, we're just trying to get a good idea of what we need." She then proceeded to slurp some more noodles.

"Anyway, I think Tsunade-sama believes that we should be able to prepare appropriately." She took another bite before turning to Leleha. "So is there anything you can tell us about yourself?" She was glad that she wouldn't be the only female on this trip, even if it is just for a while. "Not mission related of course." she tired to start up some idle chat with Leleha.

Like i said just idle chat, in case we want to rush to the time skip training

Lexin
2013-04-18, 12:37 PM
"Prepared for everything..." says Mizushiro while picking the last piece of meat from his ramen "I suppose it means that I need to buy a bigger bag for my explosives..." he adds with a distant expression on his face and drinks his remaining soup.
"Thank you, it was great!" he says with a wide smile to the chef.
He stays a little longer to see if (or how) Leleha or Takeda would answer, but seems quite ready to go and do other things.

Philemonite
2013-04-18, 12:53 PM
"Well, there isn't much I could say about myself, but I can try."
At that moment Leleha started talking about herself and her village. At first it just seams like idle chatter, but you soon realize this woman has a talent. Unfortunately, you are stuck listening to her never-ending stories, and as soon as one ends another begins. You realize it is time to get out of there. Just make an excuse, now.

Lexin
2013-04-18, 01:19 PM
Mizushiro listened carefully, nodding from time to time, but after a moment he looks around and says with a little bit of panic in his voice "I am sorry but I need to run, or they would close the explosives' shop..." ...and he runs off.

He stops by few shops, to buy a bag, explosive tags, warm jacket and some more things, before running to his favorite training grounds.

He opens a freshly bought scroll with a basic Suiton technique - Katsutai no Jutsu and starts to learn. It was weird but could prove useful in the future...

With taking 10 on learn check (I think it is possible but could be wrong) he would get 18 on the check, with 13 being the DC, means he needs only 4 hour to learn the technique.

After learning the technique he goes home, exhausted, asking his older sister Masuyo to wake him up early tomorrow. He shouldn't have trouble waking up on his own, excited as he was... but it was better to be prepared...

Nyan
2013-04-18, 01:23 PM
After Jin had finished his training he would stare out over the clear water for some time before he sat down on the edge of the bridge in a seiza position, closing his eyes as he took a deep breath and exhaling slowly. "Master...I will do my best to get stronger...." He thought as he sat there for a long time, thinking about the recent events that had occurred during these last few weeks. He then thought that seince he had about 4 more hours of the day left he took a deep breath again before gripping his sword and doing an Iaijutsu, but this time while he still was sitting down on to the ground. Trying to master the Iainuki this time to an even further extent.

Training. (Mastering Iainuki, completed in half the time)
Mastering Kenjutsu: Iainuki to rank 2

DC: 15
Needing to roll a 20 unless I wont be able to finish the training in the 4 hours of time I have left. If I do not succseed then I will try another time.

Roll.
1d20+9

Needed succsesses: 1 (Normaly 2 but seince im mastering it to rank 2 it requirers one less)

After four hours he slowly opened his eyes and looked towards the horizon while his long blonde hair swayed slightly to the side in the gentle breeze. With a sigh he would slowly stand up and turn around before starting to walk towards the small apartment he had been given on his arrival in the village. "I should head off to bed...I'll speak with the others tomorrow." And with that he ate some rice once he was home before then going to sleep.

Dragonsage
2013-04-18, 04:02 PM
Ayame listened to Leleha, at first enthralled by her stories but then all her words started to form one incredibly long unbroken sentence. It was at this time she realized how much time had to past and that she still needed to prepare for her mission tomorrow. "I am sorry, lost track of the time and I still need to prepare. I would love to hear more while we're traveling together." She gave a sincere smile to the lady before giving a bow to both her and Takeda-sensei.

Once home, she informs her mother that she would be embarking on a mission tomorrow and shouldn't be expected home for a while. She then goes up to her room and sits on the floor by her bed and begins to meditate.

She gathers her chakra and focuses it into her genjutsu practice. She figured she'd start on learning Onwaku no Jutsu, thinking it should come in handy in the future. She invests a good chunk of her time into practice but feels that she still hasn't nailed it down just yet.

Feeling that she made fair amount progress for today, she decides to head to bed and pick up her training tomorrow when there's time.

Taking 10 with Onwaku no Jutsu, so she it would give her a result of 18 on a dc of 14. since it's 2 ranks I need one more day, to learn it?

Jacior
2013-04-18, 05:27 PM
Hibiki finally decides to leave after the third bowl of extra-hot ramen. "I've got some training to take care of. I guess we'll see you in the morning?" He doesn't really wait for a response, instead hopping onto his bike and riding off, rather quickly.

He stops and buys a pair of scrolls and heads out to do his own training. Within 8 hours, he had learned two new techniques. He heads to his home on his bike and goes to bed early in preperation for the following morning.

Buying Scrolls for Sarutobi no Jutsu and Nawanuke no Jutsu. Taking ten on both to learn both techniques in 4 hours each.

Philemonite
2013-04-19, 12:17 PM
Sleep doesn't come easily for, as you toss and turn in your bed, thinking of tomorrow. As you think about your mission many ideas come to mind: assassination, escort mission, retrieval, missing pet...
You dismiss all those ideas, and finally go to sleep.

New day finds you in a very good mood. Everything seams a bit unreal, all the mundane tasks you have to accomplish every day feel so different today.

As you walk towards the meeting place, you feel... uneasy. Lady Tsunade greats you with a warm smile, and most of your tension goes away.
You feel you are ready for this.

"I hope you all have slept well, you have a long day ahead of you. I understand that you have already met Lady Leleha. You will travel with her to her village. Once you are there Lady Leleha will introduce you to your new guide. This is essentially an escort mission. Takeda will go with you, and he will make sure that everything goes well. You may run into some trouble, but it shouldn't be anything you can't handle. i assume you have all the supplies you will need. You should leave immediately, but we do have time for a quick question or two."

Lexin
2013-04-19, 12:37 PM
Seeing that the training went well, Mizushiro trained a little bit at home before going to sleep... and he really regretted it in the morning, when he had to wake up, but his body didn't listen to him... good thing that it was quite common for him and his sister knew just what to do. (there is a joke in the family that Mizushiro's talent for water based techniques comes from almost drowning every morning after Masuyo spills a bucket of cold water on him, to wake him up...)

Ninpou: Wana - Kunai Shouwana (Ninja Art: Traps - Minor Kunai Trap)
Everyone assumed we had 8h for training... why not then...

After getting to the meeting and hearing Lady Tsunade, Mizushiro is a little confused and slightly disappointed. ... Also he just couldn't pass on the chance to ask some questions...
"I will take two, then. Why all the secrecy? And is it standard escort mission, or the anti-ninja-assassination one?" he would ask more, but he saw few times how their honorable Hokage reacted when she was angry... and he didn't want to be thrown out of the window or something...

Nyan
2013-04-19, 01:26 PM
Jin would not sleep all to well that night as many troublesome thoughts crossed his mind about tomorrow, but mostly his thoughts drifted back to about a month ago. Cold sweat running down from his forehead seeing images of blood and feeling a throbbing pain in his scar over his eye as he squirmed around in the bed.

Waking up in the morning he was not feeling all to well, his head pounding, scar hurting slightly and feeling slightly ill in his gut as if he was about to vomit. The cover and pillow was on the ground as he had probably pushed them down in his sleep when he then sat up on the edge of the bed. Looking around on the mess that he had made as he rubbed his hands over his face and sighed before then making the bed.

He saw that the day had not even begun yet as the sun was just creeping up over the horizon, he probably had not slept for all to long. Taking his time he made himself ready for the mission and packed some food for the trip before eating a light breakfast. When he was done he noticed he had quite a bit of time left so he sat down on the ground and tried to calm himself as he was still quite shaken from the nightmares he had, holding his hand over his scar as he felt it sting slightly as if to remind him about it.

Arriving at the meeting place Jin felt slightly better as his headache had stopped and he did not feel ill anymore. Tho you could clearly see he was worn out and a bit tired, but Jin did his best to hide it behind a warm smile and a friendly expression. "Greetings everyone, and good morning as well. I am sorry I could not join you yesterday, but there has been many things on my mind seince I got here so I needed some time alone to clear my head." He said to Ayame, Hibiki and Mizushiro before the Hokage started speaking.

Listening to what the Hokage had to say he nodded now and then in agreement as he heard it would be an escort mission. "I understand lady Hokage, it is an honour to be able to assist the leaf, I will do my best." He said bowing infront of Lady Tsunade humbly. "I am sorry, but I have not had the opertunity to meet Lady Leleha yet." He said before walking up to Leleha and bowing infront of her as well. "Allow me to introduce myself. The name is Jin Akiyama, and I am glad to have the pleasure of escorting you on our journey my lady. If there is anything you need from me, please dont hessitate to ask."

And with that he stepped back to the others and looked towards the Hokage awating the command to head out on to the road when he then looked towards Hibiki, Ayame and Mizushiro as he rememberd something. "Oh I am terribly sorry but I am aware that you know my name but exept for you Mizushiro I cant recall that you told me your names as well." He said with a smile giving Ayame and Hibiki a friendly look.

Dragonsage
2013-04-19, 02:51 PM
Ayame manages to pull herself out of bed with less difficulty then usually. She was filled with more energy this morning, riding on the excitement for the upcoming mission. She quickly fixes up her bed hair, gets dressed, and helps her family with some morning chores before running off to meet up with the others.

"Good morning everyone!" She greeted everyone as she approached the meeting place. She was pleased to see that samurai managed to show up, she was beginning to think that she offended him somehow.

"Oh, I forgot. My name is Ayame Suzuki." She gave him a polite nod to Jin when she offered her name to him. "I look forward to working with you!" She gives a look of serenity.

She then waited for Mizushiro's questions to be answered before beginning their mission, figuring any other questions she would have could be answered along the way.

Jacior
2013-04-20, 12:18 AM
Hibiki gets up out of his bed with eyes half closed and mumblings of some strange horse from his dreams. He eats a simple breakfast of rice and an egg before going an pulling his clothes on. He straps his large belt pouch and kunai pouch on before standing in front of the mirror and tying his headband on. "This is the day! My first mission. It will be a success!" He gives himself a pep talk before heading out, deciding to leave his bike.

After he arrives, he let's the others talk, asking their questions and suchlike. "My name is Hibiki Kazuhiko. It'll be a pleasure, I hope." But other than that, he again had not much to say.

Philemonite
2013-04-21, 11:37 AM
Lady Tsunade takes in a deep breath before she answers Mizushiro's questions.
"Lady Leleha is not an ordinary person, her travel here is secret. We can not have anyone outside the village know she is here, or her life might be i danger." Lady Tsunade looks at your shocked faces. "I guess that answers your other question too." She adds with a faint smile.

There was no more time for questions, and your first mission started with a surprise. Lady Tsunade never explained what she meant by "not an ordinary person" and you decided it is better not to ask. Takeda took his role as a protector very seriously. Still, as a teacher, he somehow found the time to show you every little thing you ran into. Having spent all of your time in the village, everything was so new to you. Excited by the world around you, you dropped your guard, if only a little. However, this was enough for a nasty surprise on the second day.

Lexin
2013-04-21, 01:52 PM
When Tsunade takes a deep breath before answering Mizushiro winks involuntarily, thinking it might end badly... but she actually answered. As it usually is, the answer brought only more questions, but they were not given a chance to ask any more. Mizushiro felt a little bad that he used up whole pool of questions the whole group was given... but, oh well, at least they didn't look too angry because of that...

While they are still in the village, he looks through his equipment one last time, checking on the explosives, but leaving only a few in his shuriken holster. He looks kind of funny with a giant (100 pages) scroll strapped to his back, but he does consider it one of the most useful items he took with him, if it came to the worst he could smack someone with it...

He walks near the middle of the group, leading wasn't for him... he would get lost pretty fast. He doesn't talk before they pass the giant gate, but underneath the mask he hides a wide smile. Finally, a mission.

Nyan
2013-04-21, 02:39 PM
He stood there and listened carefully to Tsunades words with a smile but his curiosity struck him once he heard that Leleha was not a normal person. Tho he did not bring it up in any sort of manner and stood there as diciplined as any other samurai would be when it comes to his duty.

As they started traveling Jin kept himself right beside Leleha as he did not pay to much attention to Takeda as he instructed his students on the things outside the village. He himself had been out traveling alot so there was not much that was new to him. Tho some in the group had started to lower their guard somewhat Jin stayed vigilant as he allways kept a good eye on his surroundings. Being used to the dangers traveling on the roads by foot Jin was prepared for anything that might come their way.

Dragonsage
2013-04-21, 03:59 PM
It didn't come to much of a surprise to Ayame about Lady Leleha, having paid attention to most of her stories yesterday. She sounded like an amazing woman. She only wished there was more time for questions before departing with the others.

Along the way, she paid very close attention to what her sensei was teaching her about the world outside the village all the while staying close to Lady Leleha. She does he best to keep her guard up, but ends up being over whelmed by the new experiences.

Once the group decided to stop for the night, she decided to finish learning Onwaku no Jutsu.

Taking 10 again on this since we have 4 hours to learn it. if i can't take ten then i'll roll for it in ooc.

Nyan
2013-04-21, 04:20 PM
Seeing as Ayame walked with him and Leleha Jin would think that he would pehaps learn something about atleast one of his new teamates for now to start with. "Excuse me, your name was Ayame right? I thought seince we are going to travle together we would perhaps get to know eachother a bit. As you probably know I am not from around here so I thought if you could perhaps tell me a bit about the leaf village or something. You know, like what have you been doing living there all your life. I would love to hear anything about it." He said with a warm smile looking towards Ayame.

Dragonsage
2013-04-21, 07:17 PM
Ayame welcomed the chance to talk with the samurai. "My family runs a local bar where I work from time to time to help out, when I'm not training. Until recently I was a student at the academy with the others here.

The village itself is rather lovely, though it has it's share of problems but I think the people are stronger for it."

She then looked over to Jin. "How about you, where are you from?"

Nyan
2013-04-22, 12:14 AM
Jin listened to Ayame speak as he smiled enjoying the conversation. "Oh I see. How long have you three been at this academy? Is it there you learn what it is to be a shinobi? My knowlage is quite limited when it comes to the different ninja villages and how they work you see. But I would love to hear more about them seince I am going to be here for some time." He asked her as she had spoke about where she lived and the academy.

As he then would be asked where he came from himself he turned his look away and thought for a moment as if he was thinking on what to say. "Well...I have travled for a very long time to get here...I am myself from the Land of Iron so its quite a trip. I have lived there in the large village that resides within the three wolves mountains for most of my youth before I was taken in by my master and he took me to his home. He lives in a small hut located somwhere on the edge of the Iron lands borders and there I stayed for a few years training relentlessly with my master untill..." He then suddenly paused and his expression was struck with worry as he looked towards the horizon. His long blonde hair blowing back slightly in the wind as his blue eyes gleamed slightly reflecting the suns rays.

Jacior
2013-04-22, 02:24 AM
Hibiki follows right behind Takeda as they spent the day being taught in an entirely new way. The youngest member of the team made very certain that he kept and sorted away different bits of the lessons into pieces that he would be able to review more later and memorize into his own knowledge. That was the best way to learn, was to review near constantly while putting it to practical use. That was why he excelled so quickly. He could do several things at once inside his mind while he was practicing.

The young shinobi listens in on the conversation between Ayame and Jin, putting in his two bits when Jin asked about the academy. "We're not really good examples for academy students. We're regarded as genius' and kind of moved through the academy much quicker than most people do." He says this kind of bashfully, being called a genius gave some rather harsh feedback.

Start learning Tobi Kunai. DC 13, 2 days. [roll0]

Dragonsage
2013-04-22, 02:29 AM
Ayame notes the expression on Jin's face and decides to chance the course of the conversation. "My parents put me in the academy when I was just a little girl, so yeah I was there for a while." She then started to explain a little about the academy when Hibiki adds in his two cents. "He's right, the three of us are all rather advance in our own fields."

Lexin
2013-04-22, 02:40 AM
"Me? A genius? Really?... haven't noticed..." says Mizushiro, still looking straight ahead. "All members of Fujiwara clan join the academy at quite a young age." he shrugs "It was fun, but I did most training at home. There is a lot of ninjutsu and genjutsu experts in my clan and we have a huge library filled with rare techniques." ... and he adds more quietly "Or so I was told... I am not really allowed to even look at most of the rare scrolls..." (he did sound a little grumpy in the end)

Nyan
2013-04-22, 06:17 AM
Jin would still look forwards in the distance as they spoke being stuck in deep thought, tho he soon seemed to snap out of it as he sighed with slight releif when they changed the subject. "I see....Im sorry I got lost in my own thoughts...There has been alot on my mind latley." He paused for a moment closing his eyes before then looking up with a warm smile again.

"But that all of you are considerd as geniuses is quite amazing, I cant help but feel that my precense is redundant with you three being so skilled." He said chuckeling slightly to lighten up.

"Well I hope to learn alot more as I am traveling with you three. It is an honour to have the hokage put me in a group with such capable people. Oh and may I ask exactly what sort of areas you three excell at?"

Philemonite
2013-04-22, 10:56 AM
As you walk through a forest you try to absorb all the new information. You are so distracted by the scenery you temporarily drop your guard. This proves to be a mistake, but you only realize that when shurickens start flying everywhere.
Hibiki manages to react in time, avoiding all the shurickens.
Quick on his feet, Mizushiro manages to avoid all the shurickens, without any effort.
Ayame is caught by surprise, she is hit by one of the shurickens.
Jin quick reaction allows him not only to avoid all the shurickens, but also to deflect some of them using his katana.
When you look in the direction that the projectiles came from, you notice hostile ninjas.
You realize that it is time for battle.

Lexin
2013-04-22, 12:42 PM
Mizushiro looks around, startled, just after avoiding the sudden attack. He notices few ninjas in the direction where shurikens came from... Too easy. He steps closer to Leleha, shielding her with his own body and looks at the ninjas once again trying to find out if they aren't just a diversion. At the same time he still keeps track of his surrounding, so there is no unexpected ambush.
Spot check [roll0]

When he is just next to Leleha he reaches to his shuriken holster and draws a smoke bomb and a bunch of firecracker paper bombs, activating the chakra seals with a brief moment of concentration.

Nyan
2013-04-22, 01:31 PM
As Jin walked calmly on the road and enjoying most of his surroundings he suddenly noticed the shurikens flying towards them. "Watch out!!" He shouted as he gracefully dodged every attack, his body moving like flowing water as none of the shurikens even scratched a hair on his body and even drawing out his sword faster than you could see before deflecting some of the last shurikens with his sword.

He then saw how Ayame got hit by one of the shurikens as he then sheathed his blade and placed himself infront of the entire group facing the direction the shurikens came from. "Ayame! Are you allright!? Everyone! We must get off the road! It to dangerous to stay on open ground! Take cover behind the trees!" He shouted as he thought he would stand firm infornt of the rest to sheild them if he had to while they would hide as he gazed at his surroundings and towards the hostile ninja that was ambushing them. So he could perhaps see how many they were and if there was anything in his surroundings he could use.

Preception check.

Spotting five ninjas ahead of him he would take hold of the hilt of his sword with one hand and the other woudl grip on the sheath as he took a deep breath and closed his eyes, sliding one of his feet back and lowering his stance. He then charged straight forward towards the ninjas getting with in range of one of them. His eyes flashed open as he then drew his sword with blinding speed, aiming to cut his opponent down with one strike.

Actions.

Move/major action: Kenjutsu: Iaido

Attack roll.
[roll]1d20+5

Damage roll.
1d20+7

Current stats.
HP: 9/9
AC: 14 (Untill end of my next turn. Regular ac:16)
Chakra: 4/6

Dragonsage
2013-04-22, 02:02 PM
Ayame tries not cry as she pulls out the shuriken from herself. "I am fine." She stays close to Lady Leleha, arming herself with shuriken from her pouch. She then throws a Shuriken at one of her attackers.

can we assume that those who made the perception check, informed the others about what they saw?

shuriken attack roll damage rolled in the ooc
(1d20+1)[21] add 2 (forgot to add the shuriken's attack bonus...not that it matters with this roll)

(1d3-1)[2]

crit confirm roll (1d20+3)[19]

Jacior
2013-04-29, 02:58 AM
Spot: [roll0]

Kunai Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Hibiki dodges the shurikens that were thrown by the apparently enemy ninja. With a quick sidestep he rushes forward and draws a kunai from his belt pouch. He looks around and throws the blade a the first thing he sees that looks like an opponent. He keeps the young samurai between himself and the enemy, using the older boy as a living shield.

Philemonite
2013-05-01, 11:41 AM
Mizushiro

???

Jin

As you perform your attack your blade goes through your enemy and you realize it is just an illusion.
As you look around you see the real ninja hiding in the grass.
He throws another shuricken at you.
The shuricken barely hits dealing 4 damage

Ayame

With your perfect aim you hit your enemies vital spot. The ninja is so shocked it takes some time for him to recover.

Hibiki

Your kunai hits your enemy, but for some reason it just grazes him. You can see your enemy focusing his chakra, you should prepare to defend yourself.

Takeda

It took him only a moment to reach one of the ninja. As the ninja drew his kunai Takeda deflected the attack and hit the ninja with a counter attack.

Leleha

Lady Leleha takes a defensive stance and prepares to defend herself.

The last ninja turns towards Mizushiro and throws his kunai at him.
He hits and deals 4 damage

OOC: Done.

Lexin
2013-05-07, 12:38 PM
"Ouch, you little..." says Mizushiro as he gets hit with a kunai. He clenches his teeth and methodically straps paper bomb to a kunai of his own.
"My turn." he whispers to himself as he throws a kunai at the enemy who attacked him just now.

Kunai
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Paper bomb
Save DC: 15 reflex (with -4 penalty if the kunai hits, if it would work like exploding kunai)
Damage [roll2]

Dragonsage
2013-05-07, 04:15 PM
Ayame takes out another one of her shuriken and throws it at her attacker.

Shuriken attack to the same target
[roll0]
[roll1]

Nyan
2013-05-07, 05:36 PM
As Jin would dash forward and strike his foe got slightly shocked when the ninja would vanish before his eyes and his sword would pas right through him. He quickly turned his head to notice the real ninja in the grass as he would have a shuriken thrown at him.

As Jin was in the middle of recovering from his attack he did not have time to dodge and so the shuriken would dig itself deep in his side. Blood would begin to come out from the wound on his white clothes as he barely kept himself from screaming, it must have it a nerve cause the wound hurt badly but Jin was still standing. "Agh!!...Darn, I was to careless." He thought to himself as he reganied his posture and ran towards the ninja that attacked him.

Getting within range of the ninja he would do a upwards cut from the ninjas groin to his head keeping his gaze focused on his foe.

Statistics and actions.
Actions.
Move: Run up to enemy ninja.

Attack: Kenjutsu: Agari-uchi (-1 chakra)

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

Stats.
Hp: 5/9
Chakra: 3/6
Chakra reserves: 2/2
AC: 16

Jacior
2013-05-09, 08:52 PM
Hibiki sees the ninja in front of him starting a destructive jutsu and uses the kawarimi technique to substitute himself for a bunch of foliage. The clone made of leaves kept moving forward while Hibiki himself scaled a tree to take himself out of the line of sight.

Status
Hit Points: 8/8
Chakra Pool: 8/8
Chakra Reserve: 4/4
Armour Class: 12
Movement Speed: 30
Ongoing Effects: None

Actions
Swift Action:
None

Attack Action:
None

Move Action:
None

Philemonite
2013-05-19, 11:31 AM
The first ninja throws another shuricken at Jin, but he is distracted by Jin's charge and he misses, and leaves an opening.

The second ninja throws a shuricken at Ayame. The shuricken pierces through her clothing and cuts her.
2 damage

The third ninja releases a destructive jutsu you can not identify. The justu destroys the clone and releases a burst of lightning.

The fourth ninja starts focusing his energy.

The fifth ninja attacks Takeda and grazes his forearm. Takeda responds with a counter attack. The attack is so forceful that the ninja is downed.

Nyan
2013-05-19, 12:29 PM
Jin notices the ninja throwing a shuriken at point blank range making the attack easy to dodge, leaving his foe completley open fo a counter attack. Jin dodges to the side avoiding the shuriken, crinching slightly from the pain in his side but he quickly responds with a fluid slash with his sword across the ninjas chest.

Without wasting any time Jin the quickly turns and dashes towards the third ninja which is focusing on some kind of technique. Gripping his katana in two hands and again trying to slash his opponent from the groin up to disrupt his technique.

Actions and stats.
Stats.
Hp: 5/9
Chakra: 2/6
Chakra reserves: 2/2
AC: 16

Actions.
Move: Move up to the third ninja focusing on a technique.
Attack: Kenjutsu: Agari-uchi.

Rolls.
Attack roll: [roll0]

Lexin
2013-05-19, 12:43 PM
Mizushiro looks really surprised as one of the enemies unleashed some weird technique... and when a moment later another one seems to prepare something similar, he decides to use one of his few Fuuma Shurikens to stop him.

hp 5/9

Standard action
Attack (with Fuuma shuriken) at ninja D
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Move action
Charge another paper bomb.

Dragonsage
2013-05-21, 02:23 PM
Ayame pulls out the shuriken and decides to continue her exchange with her attacker.

Shuriken attack to the same target
[roll0]
[roll1]

Jacior
2013-05-24, 09:33 PM
Reflex Save: [roll0]

Hibiki moves closer to the ninja that had just fired the raiton jutsu, readying his own jutsu. With a final step towards the ninja he takes a deep breath of air and blows out a line of slicing winds.

Status
Hit Points: 8/8
Chakra Pool: 6/8
Chakra Reserve: 4/4
Armour Class: 12
Movement Speed: 30
Ongoing Effects: None

Actions
Swift Action:
None

Attack Action:
Kazegama no Jutsu, 1 Chakra, Reflex 15 for Half Damage, 10 foot line

Move Action:
Move into range to target Ninja 3

Philemonite
2013-06-01, 11:23 AM
The battle seams to go in your favor, and you feel the rush. In all the excitement you you fail to notice another ninja lurking in the bushes. He releases some kind of a smoke bomb and your attackers manage to escape in the confusion.
Takeda looks at all of you.
"If no one is injured we should continue our journey."
You are surprised at how lightly he thinks about this attack and you start to think if there is something else you can do before you can continue your journey.

Lexin
2013-06-03, 09:03 AM
"Some of us are injured." says Mizushiro, looking around.

"Should we expect many attacks like this one?"