PDA

View Full Version : Building Liberty Prime

Hyena
2013-04-14, 03:35 PM
Hello, the playground.
Let's keepd it simple - I am trying to create a really big golem (colossal, in fact) that can punch out the dragons and shoot the lasers from his eyes. The problem is, the closest thing that comes to "lasers" is either warlock's or dragonfire adept's invocations, which demand mental stats. And, as we all know, golems are unintelligent creatures.
Any suggestions?

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-14, 03:42 PM
Can Golems use Wands? If so, I'd say go for wand sheathes.

If that doesn't work either... you might be stuck working your way up from a Warforged base, somehow.

Skysaber
2013-04-14, 03:50 PM
Hello, the playground.
Let's keepd it simple - I am trying to create a really big golem (colossal, in fact) that can punch out the dragons and shoot the lasers from his eyes. The problem is, the closest thing that comes to "lasers" is either warlock's or dragonfire adept's invocations, which demand mental stats. And, as we all know, golems are unintelligent creatures.
Any suggestions?

Encyclopedia Arcane: Constructs is the book for you. With it, you can do all that you've said here and more.

Specifically, you can build any spell you like into a golem. Find an uncapped ray damage spell and you've got your lasers. Or just go with spell thematics on a lightning bolt.

Slipperychicken
2013-04-14, 09:10 PM
Warforged Juggernaut (immune to nonlethal) with Troll Blooded (Regeneration), and Immunity to Fire and Acid. This makes him flat-out immune to most damage, just like in the game. Apply some size-increasing template to make him bigger.

The bombs could be some kind of Explosive Spell Fireball.

The lasers might be Disintegrate or something like Searing Light.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-04-15, 02:34 AM
Building Liberty Prime;

1) Colossal animated object made of magically treated glassteel. That's 32 HD, CR 11 and hardness 40.

2) Advance by 32 HD, increasing the CR to 19.

3) Possess the construct with a powerful intelligent spirit. That represents the A.I., increases the CR by another 2 if the base spirit is CR 19ish itself, CR +1 if the spirit is significantly weaker.

4) Use most of the treasure for a CR 22 boss to buy 20 intelligent rings of telekinesis. These rings will make an automated telekinetic railgun array, firing up to 20 shells per round dealing 15d6 damage per hit (they get actions independently of the main construct so they are perfect for reflecting an automated system)

5) Buy lots and lots of alchemist's fire and other explosives. The construct has enough strength to throw one-ton explosive bombs. Since the four-pound version does 4d6 area damage, the two-thousand-pound version should be a credible nuke.

Chaosvii7
2013-04-15, 03:03 AM
Warforged Juggernaut (immune to nonlethal) with Troll Blooded (Regeneration), and Immunity to Fire and Acid. This makes him flat-out immune to most damage, just like in the game.

Hate to ground anybody's dreams of being immune to all damage, but that won't work, because there was an official ruling that said that a creature that regenerates but is immune to nonlethal damage cannot convert the damage, and takes it lethally. Previously discussed in this topic here, no more than a week ago. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279632)

In order to regenerate, you must be able to take nonlethal damage. If you cannot take nonlethal damage, your body cannot convert the damage dealt to you, and it simply remains as such.

The only reason I would consider this a harsh ruling from WoTC is because it's probably totally possible to become immune to all damage with the right spell combos now. With that Book of Constructs Skysaber mentioned, I'm sure it's easily possible to use magic to make something immune to damage legitimately, but you can't accomplish it through *these* extraordinary abilities.