PDA

View Full Version : Summoning Up Some PRC Help

Ace Nex
2013-04-14, 05:13 PM
Hey all, my current character died in a campaign I'm in and I'm not sure whether or not he can some back (souls react kind of funny when they die, as in they want to stay dead and convincing one to come back is often a VERY difficult thing to do. It's out of my hands there and in the DMs). I'm making a summoner, and I can't decide between which two prestige classes to go into first. It's between Thaumaturgist and Malconvoker. Which is the stronger PRC and should I max out first (or at all?). Also, as a base class, which would be better, Archivist or Cloistered Cleric? Some background information for the party is

LN Paladin/Homebrew Greyguard Prestige Class (may go blackguard)
LG Paladin (Was a rogue but died, so this is her replacement)
LN Monk/Drunken Master/Warblade
CN Fighter
CG Cleric (More healing and support focused)
CN Druid/Planar Shepard
NG Wizard/Swordsage/Jade Phoenix (Was me, but now I'm dead)

I will be wanting Undead minions, I know clerics are generally better at that sort of thing, but Archivists have more spell versatility. The DM allows Leadership, but it takes more of a background role as we get free items, discounted prices and economic benefits over the more combat based ones (I still got my cohort for a couple fights). This makes me unsure about how much Undead he'd allow.