PDA

View Full Version : Heretics and Traitors (Black Crusade IC)

Maugan Ra
2013-04-14, 05:31 PM
The audience chamber, if you can call it that, is little more than an observation deck with a few extra chairs and a holo-projector table thrown into the centre of it. There is no ornamentation, no elaborate murals in dedication to the dark gods or decadent pleasure facilities for honoured guests to take their leave. It is a pattern that seems to hold true throughout the majority of the Glory of Gethemane, a Lunar class cruiser long since captured and turned to the service of the dark gods. Even standing here, in this chamber, you can still see the occasional piece of imperial iconography left over from the ship's loyalist past and never removed.

Still, there is little doubting the sincerity of the captain's beliefs - the full squad of Alpha Legion Astartes standing guard around the perimeter of the room guarantee at least that much. None of them have answered any questions you might have posed to them since you came aboard - nor have the teeming thousands of mortal crew, for that matter, no matter how insistent or persuasive you might otherwise have been.

Forbidden Lore (Psykers) +10 or Psyniscience +20 or Scrutiny +10
The mortals, at least, appear to be under psychic compulsion to avoid doing so. The Astartes are just stubborn.

Still, at least now you look as though you might be about to get some answers, as you've been asked (politely) to attend this briefing with your fellow prospective agents. Your employer hasn't arrived yet, though, leaving you time to consider your situation and maybe introduce yourselves to those who you may be working alongside soon enough.

General notes:
I leave it to you to decide why you're here, on a captured Imperial ship floating in an out-of-the-way star system on the edges of the Calixis sector. The only common thread is that you've been invited here by a man called Nicodemus Tyllerton, with an offer of a useful partnership. Exactly how he persuaded you to attend, and whether you know (or know of) the others here already is again up to you.

Notes on your employer:

General Knowledge (Everyone knows this):
Nicodemus Tyllerton is a known champion of Chaos operating out of the Screaming Vortex. He's a mortal human, with prodigious psychic abilities, but generally prefers to work through intermediaries and the like rather than take to the field himself.

Common Lore (Imperium) +10
Nicodemus displays a knowledge of Imperial procedures and facilities in his work that can only have come through first hand experience. He's evidently a defector, and a reasonably high ranking one.

Forbidden Lore (Psykers) +10
Tyllerton is known for being a telepath of monstrous skill and power. More than that, he displays knowledge and experience of the Imperial Conditioning process that strongly suggests he went through it himself - likely he was a sanctioned psyker before he turned traitor.

Forbidden Lore (Daemonology or Warp) +0
Tyllerton is known to be favoured by Tzeentch - some say he bears the God's Mark, but that is not known for sure.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-14, 05:51 PM
Estas Therash enters, as ever, in full battle plate and jump pack, loaded with numerous weapons and other useful items. His dull grey armor with hazard stripes betrays his heritage as a son of Perturabo, but beyond that shows nothing of him. He eyes the surrounding warriors of the Alpha Legion warily, calculating his odds if it comes to a fight. Not good. his mind tells him.

He has arrived for the purpose of finding work against the Imperium. Since his exile from his own warband, he has been wandering from place to place, serving employers and seeking to prove himself to the Dark Gods. Nicodemus Tyllerton's offer seems to be at least worth investigating, as Estas is eager to show the effectiveness of his methods. The fact that no one is answering anything doesn't portend well, though. Trap? Estas considers the possibility. But who? And why? Or... he thinks some more, Secret mission? Again, why me?

He gives another glance around the room, searching for anything out of place.

Awareness: [roll0] vs. 38

Glarx
2013-04-14, 06:07 PM
Lounging in one of the chairs in a well-tailored dress, flanked on either side by her trusty minions Hector and Horatio, Vivienne was the picture of nonchalance. Examining her manicured nails, she betrayed no tension or concern.

She was here for the simple reason of boredom. It was something to do between planets, and the Glory of Gethemene was warp-capable. It could get her to where she needed to go next. And that was all she needed out of it. With her fortune still thriving and growing, a thousand different aliases providing her with unadulterated access to it on any planet with a banking system, Verata existed only to please herself and her Lord. The tattoo she'd had put above her breasts was the same shade of pinkish purple as the sigil that was emblazoned on her soul, although the tattoo wasn't particularly representative of Lord Slaanesh. No, the unholy icon she wore above the tattoo was more than enough to declare her allegiances.

One of her fingers split in half and a thin, serrated blade came out of it. She examined the blade carefully before returning it to its sheath, the subtle construction of such refinement that it would be nearly impossible to determine that the blades were there at all. With a gesture, Vivienne summoned Horatio over to her. He presented her with a glass of some liquor, which she drank, and stepped back.

Tyllerton had requested that she be here. She was here. Where was he? Her Slaaneshi-blessed senses tingled as she pondered the question.

Horatio Awareness Test: [roll0] v. 55
Hector Awareness Test: [roll1] v. 55

Emperor Ing
2013-04-14, 06:21 PM
Not far behind Estas is another Astartes. Truth be told it's difficult to tell. His massive grey cloak conceals everything on him, the two elaborate power swords at his side, the massive Flamer weapon held in his hands, his iconography, except his helmet, which holds the characteristic black color and brass trimmings that at least suggest him to be a second Iron Warrior. The ornadmental horns on either side more than give away his being one of Khorne's chosen. Scrutiny towards his legs when he walks and one can take just a quick glance at his vambraces displaying the characteristic hazard stripes that all but confirm his being an Iron Warrior.

Cacaus didn't like this one bit. Although he is willing to at least tolerate working for a cowardly psyker, it's the sheer cowardice of this whole situation that leaves him unnerved. Or at least as unnerved as an Astartes whose whole body is roughly 75% metal can be. A psyker, a craven coward who fights from afar, is using the Sons of Perturabo to fight on his behalf. Furthermore, the mortals on this cruiser seem...off, but the Berzerker just can't explain why. At least the Alpha Legionnaires seem normal. Or as close to normal as Alpha Legionnaires can be. He can sense the wariness of his longtime Brother, but he doesn't anticipate a trap, or betrayal. At least not yet, or else he wouldn't be speaking. He was also concerned over the lack of Chaos iconography. Surely this ship couldn't be too fresh a capture could it?

Just in case, he makes a quick glance around the room, mentally calculating the firing vectors of the Alpha Legionnaires should this indeed be a trap and how best to attack them.

Awareness Target 60
[roll0]

Glarx
2013-04-14, 06:25 PM
"Incoming," Horatio said as he observed the two new Astartes. With languid easiness, Vivienne gave them a wave.

"Newcomers to the barren observation room. Welcome, you two."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-14, 06:36 PM
Estas' gaze shifts from the viewport to a small woman in a chair, accompanied by two servitors. Her devotion to the Dark Prince is obvious. What is less obvious is why such a small, physically weak creature is here at all, and not cowering before the surrounding Astartes. She isn't even wearing any protective armor. Estas observes Just a dress meant to show off her physique. Estas himself hasn't been subject to those desires since his time as a young man on Olympia, and still less so since his entire body has become machine. Perhaps some sort of force field? He mentally shrugs. I'll learn in time, I suspect. But what is she doing here? How could she be of use? Psyker, perhaps? he muses.

After a moment, a low, mechanical hiss emerges from his helmet's grille. "And you are?"

Glarx
2013-04-14, 06:39 PM
Don't forget, Mister, you don't have Cold Hearted. You're technically just as susceptible to wily womanly ways as anyone. :smallwink:

Supposedly the Tome of Excess is going to have information for interaction tests against player characters. I look forward to that book a very great deal!

"Sort of rude not to introduce yourself first." Vivienne yawned and stretched. "Presumably you've been summoned by Mr. Tyllerton as well."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-14, 06:43 PM
((Trust me, in any game where the player uses Diplomacy checks against players, it never ends well. In other words, don't even think about it.))

Tell me something. The cloaked Warrior behind Estas states. He can already tell just by looking at her, but looks are all-too-often deceiving. And if there is something he simply cannot stand is deception. Do you fight from the front or fight from the back?

Henry the 57th
2013-04-14, 06:45 PM
"Astartes do not answer to mortal protocol. Tell me your designation." Estas says, mechanical hiss not altering a mite.

Glarx
2013-04-14, 06:46 PM
"I don't fight. That's why you two are here, I'm guessing. I'm the Voice. You two are the muscle. These two," she gestured to Horatio and Hector, "are there to make sure I don't need to fight in case we all get separated due to the twists of chaos. You still haven't introduced yourselves."

((I may have missed Henry's post, oops!))

If Vivienne had heard the obstinate one, she didn't give any indication of it.

Emperor Ing
2013-04-14, 06:55 PM
The Berzerker scowls invisibly under his helmet at this coward's response. Our time together will be short indeed. My Brother deems you unworthy of his name, and I pass such judgment upon you as well. I only address myself to warriors.

Glarx
2013-04-14, 06:56 PM
She made a dismissive wave at them. "Very well then, this is going to be a stellar example of teamwork and efficiency. I thought we had one more Astartes joining us for this little tete-a-tete. I suppose I was mistaken." Another yawn.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-14, 07:05 PM
Estas simply walks over to the small woman, towering over her in his menacing armor, his hand a mere fraction away from his bolt pistol. "Tell me your designation, "Voice", and perhaps I will give you mine." he says in his mechanical tone.

Maugan Ra
2013-04-14, 07:09 PM
"Please, children, behave yourselves."

The man walking in through the door now does not look especially impressive. He's reasonably handsome, with sharp blue eyes in a weather-worn face, and there's a certain grace to his movements that speaks of some form of combat training, but nothing truly legendary. His attire is likewise understated, a simple long coat over what appears to be an armoured body glove, a slender sword holstered at his waist.

Still, his gait is confident, and as he enters the various Alpha Legion Astartes around the room incline their heads fractionally in his direction. "Nicodemus Tyllerton. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

Glarx
2013-04-14, 07:11 PM
Vivienne's laughter rang out around the hall. "I'm guessing our benefactor wouldn't care for you to put a bolt round through my skull, but if you're willing to face down his wrath, go right ahead. I wonder if the Alpha Legionnaires would sit back idly or if they'd intervene... that actually might be worth the experiment. They've been rather silent since I came in. Got bored of them rather quickly. Not you, though, you've got something going on in your head. Either I'm an affront to you, because I'm not cowering before you, or I'm a curiosity, for the same reason.

"But anyways, Mr. Tyllerton is here, so I suppose we'll have to test fate some other time." Vivienne turned her attention to the Tzeentchian psyker and inclined her head too. "Thank you for hosting us, although I'm a little surprised by the decor. There's even some chips of the old Fifteen Imperials Saints Martyred Against the Fifth Hive Fleet mural hanging from over there."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-14, 07:13 PM
Estas obverses the little man for a moment. I wonder what protections he might have? he thinks to himself. "Estas Therash, son of Peturabo." he finally says.

Emperor Ing
2013-04-14, 07:20 PM
This human and her arrogance was beginning to grind on the Berzerker. Fortunately he is content to know that as with all things in Chaos, the Blood God will have her blood and her skull soon enough.

However the OTHER human, despite being a sorcerous coward, evoked a different reaction in his mind. There was something about him that Cacaus couldn't help but admire. Of course just then and there he realized he might be under some sort of warp sorcery that's clouding his mind, but nevertheless, this boldness, confidence, the respect garnered from the other Astartes, and practiced step that at least gave some hint of warrior skill is enough to pass the Berzerker's test. Besides, the Blood God will have his skull soon enough.

He nods to the human. Cacaus Marz, Swordsman of Khorne of the Iron Warriors.

Maugan Ra
2013-04-14, 07:23 PM
Vivienne's laughter rang out around the hall. "I'm guessing our benefactor wouldn't care for you to put a bolt round through my skull, but if you're willing to face down his wrath, go right ahead. I wonder if the Alpha Legionnaires would sit back idly or if they'd intervene... that actually might be worth the experiment. They've been rather silent since I came in. Got bored of them rather quickly. Not you, though, you've got something going on in your head. Either I'm an affront to you, because I'm not cowering before you, or I'm a curiosity, for the same reason.

"But anyways, Mr. Tyllerton is here, so I suppose we'll have to test fate some other time." Vivienne turned her attention to the Tzeentchian psyker and inclined her head too. "Thank you for hosting us, although I'm a little surprised by the decor. There's even some chips of the old Fifteen Imperials Saints Martyred Against the Fifth Hive Fleet mural hanging from over there."

"My pleasure, of course. And I apologise for the decor. Rather drab, I know, but I've never really concerned myself all that much with aesthetic concerns. I have little talent for it, and why embarrass oneself desperately attempting to pass the mediocre off as groundbreaking?"

He smiles thinly. "And you are quite correct. No violence here, please. It would set an unfortunate precedent, and I'd be forced to retaliate or lose face. And then things would just get messy."

The psyker glances between the two Astartes. "A pair of Iron Warriors. How interesting. And one sworn to the Blood God beyond that... not my preferred sort of accomplices, but one makes do."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-14, 07:31 PM
Do not mistake my intent. Whatever opportunity you would present surely possesses a far greater opportunity for far more slaughter than anything I may be able to accomplish now. It is a mutually beneficial relationship, one I would be irrational to not take advantage of.

Glarx
2013-04-14, 07:36 PM
"I'm sure you're already aware, but I am Vivienne Verata, a little Slaaneshi cultist you invited to your lovely Lunar cruiser," she said in High Gothic. In Low Gothic she added, "How lovely, our Khornate is rational. That's refreshing."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-14, 07:53 PM
"Now that we are acquainted, perhaps we might get down to the reason you summoned us. You mentioned an offer."

Maugan Ra
2013-04-14, 08:00 PM
Tyllerton waves a hand at the holo-projector in the centre of the chamber, and it activates with a faint whine, displaying a galactic map that rapidly narrows itself down to focus on a single star system. "This is the Tyrell system, in the Malfian subsector. A quite little place, for the most part - peaceful, pays it's tithes on time, no known ideological deviation beyond sector norms, mostly self sufficient. In it's own right, it's really not all that interesting, save for a single factor - House Krin, one of the wealthiest institutions in the sector, has made a surprising number of investments here. If it were to be destabilized, a large proportion of the sector economy would be thrown off balance, which would benefit a number of my other operations elsewhere."

The psyker shrugs. "The precise technicalities are complex and, I suspect, more than a little boring for most people. So we won't bother with them for this meeting. Sufficed to say, I want this system disrupted - corrupted, butchered, sacrificed en masse, rendered down into hallucinogens... the precise details are irrelevant. And to that end, I'm willing to provide you with resources and logistical support to make sure it happens."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-14, 08:05 PM
If Estas had any eyebrows left to raise, he'd do so. Since he does not, he simply asks, "Three against a planet? And not even from the Alpha Legion," he gestures at the Astartes, "But two Iron Warriors and an arrogant human female who are unacquainted? Why?"

Glarx
2013-04-14, 08:15 PM
"Do we have logistics on their defensive capabilities? Having an Ultramarine company waiting in the wings, or a private residence of an Inquisitor, or thirty thousand baneblades, or whatever the case may be -- any hidden threats like that would certainly put a damper on things."

She looked up at Estas. "You two seem acquainted, and logically speaking my sphere of influence isn't going to overlap with yours. If the planet is brittle, we can be the toffee hammer to break the whole thing. The big issue, as you correctly pointed out, is the sheer number of enemies against us. I can sway a ship, but a whole planet simultaneously... I'll need a bigger laud hailer."

Maugan Ra
2013-04-14, 08:17 PM
Tyllerton rubs one temple in the signs of a mild headache. "I would prefer to use my own forces, or at least a more cohesive group of long-term allies. Sadly, some of my patrons have other ideas."

He smiles wryly, as though amused. "It was... suggested to me by certain powerful and influential daemons that I send you on this task. And I have not made it as far as I have by disregarding pointed remarks from things like that simply because it might be inconvenient. So I will do the next best thing, and see what support I can provide to ensure success."

"You either have allies or enemies in the warp. Perhaps both."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-14, 08:21 PM
Estas actually shrugs a little. "It isn't as though I haven't shot my fair share of daemons over the years. It's truly inconvenient when they go around killing workers and disrupting production schedules."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-14, 09:03 PM
I require a dossier on this system's worlds. I do not wish to go about them blind. He pauses for a moment. And information on other players in this game. House Krin must have enemies, allies, or externalities that may come into play. Inquisition, Mechanicus, Imperial Army, perhaps even Legio Custodes. The more thorough the better.

Seanfall
2013-04-14, 11:26 PM
The door to the meeting room opens once again, A stream of acrid smoke billowing in first, as the Garishly dressed Bacchus finally walks in. His bright magenta colored armor almost glowing in the dark room and a stark contrast to the Alpha Legions. The symbol of Slaanesh is displayed prominently on his chest armor, and the buckle and belt holding the chain loinguard in place further cements his allegiance being covered in craven carnal images. A Thousand pardons my gracious host. Bacchus exhaled blowing a cloud of smoke from a large lit Lho Stick. It seems my accommodations were a little too comfortable. Ah! the others have arrived good, Allow me to introduce myself.

Bacchus smiles widely a sweeping gesture and bowing as low as a man of his size in that armor could, Bacchus, Noise Marine of Slaanesh of the Emperor's Children.

Glarx
2013-04-14, 11:30 PM
"Finally, someone I can relate to. A noise marine! It seems we have something to balance out the influence of the Iron Warriors and Khorne now. All we need is a Nurgle worshiper and we'd have the whole set." Vivienne looked over at Bacchus and permitted herself a little smirk. "It's good to meet another disciple of the Prince of Pleasures. Vivienne Verata, pleasure cultist."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-14, 11:42 PM
Estas observes the far more flamboyant marine. Perhaps this one will instill in her a respect for the Astartes. Though, knowing the blinding egotism of Slaaneshi cultists, probably not.

"Estas Therash," he tells the new arrival in his emotionless mechanical hiss. "Son of Peturabo." he says. Whom your primarch betrayed. he adds, mentally. "Greetings."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-15, 12:14 AM
Son of the Phoenician. The Khornate Iron Warrior hisses far less mechanically than his counterpart. Do you fight from the front or fight from the back? Truth be told he didn't care either way. Although he was more than willing to give Bacchus a chance to redeem himself, he found the characteristic hedonism and flamboyancy of the Slaaneshi, in general, to be irritating. At best.

Seanfall
2013-04-15, 12:20 AM
A sincere pleasure to meet you all. He takes a long puff on his low stick, burning half the thing to ash in the process. Of course all my pleasure is Sincere. He smiles again and nods to Vivenne, Always good to see another devotee of the Prince of the Pleasure, these Alpha Legion fellows are...genial enough if you follow their rules. He frowns at a few in the room while taking a seat. Rather uptight though, Offered them some of my finer narcotics turned me down flat.

Now seated he turns to the Iron Warrior. An Iron Warrior eh? Haven't met many of your Legion sad to say, I remember them as being honorable soldiers. Which is something of a useless ideal when serving chaos but who am I to judge? Than the unnamed Marine in the room speaks to him. Front or back? Hmm...I like to switch off. He smiles for a minute and chuckles to himself.

Turning to their patron, he coughs, I apologize for the interruption Nicodemus Please let us continue. After quickly being brought up to speed. A tall order... but...if we succeed our names will be legend. The worlds of the imperium always contain that which can be exploited, The underclasses are just waiting for a chance to change their fortunes. Nobles are decadent with pleasures and vices worthy of their bloated position. Yes...I think we can do it, it won't be easy...of course it wouldn't be fun if it was.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 12:44 AM
"Fun is irrelevant." says Estas in his emotionless mechanical hiss. He could use a different voice, but secretly finds angering Slaaneshi with dull, endless robotic monotone too amusing to pass up. "Success is all that matters. Our first priority should be to check for ships or stations in orbit capable of conducting orbital bombardment. If we find one, our task will be greatly simplified."

Glarx
2013-04-15, 12:47 AM
"We'd need to find a ship that had primarily las-based weaponry, otherwise we'd never have the munitions required to obliterate an entire hive world. And while it might seem that orbital bombardment is the way to go, you have to take into account that it would take a relatively long time to destroy the whole of the planet. And it would cause whatever system defense force is there to swarm us. We'd die a very annoying death."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 12:54 AM
"There is no need to obliterate the entire hive world. Merely parts of it. The subsequent mass release of chocking chemicals and super-massive atmospheric storms and dust clouds, in combination with the triggered seismic activity would be more than enough to kill the vast majority of living beings on the surface, which more than fulfills mission criteria." Estas pauses momentarily to look directly at the woman. "And as to the SDF, we would need to subvert or eliminate them in your plan in any case. Or do you suppose they will simply stand by and allow us to overcome the entire world in a mass uprising?"

Glarx
2013-04-15, 12:58 AM
"One: any factory is likely protected by the same technology that ships utilize, so simply bombarding it from orbit in order to release the choking chemicals was probably thought of in the design phase. Two: do you just happen to know how to cause seismic and atmospheric disaster from the helm of a ship? Ignoring both of those and moving on to your second question -- erecting a series of cults and fomenting insurrection will take slightly more time but be significantly less easy to quell. The SDF would have to fire on the hive world in order to prevent the revolt, which would perform what you were thinking about doing except with the added bonus of not causing us to be on a floating brick in space against an armada."

Seanfall
2013-04-15, 01:01 AM
Depends on how jaded they are I suppose. Bacchus slowly finishes his Lho Stick. But isn't that more a later stage plan? We would need to rally enough forces before making our move. Perhaps removing a few key persons and replacing with them with those more open to our beliefs? Speaking of which...that's another idea...attack them thru their faith. Corrupt the priests, the leaders of the Imperial Faith, and the hearts of the faithful will be tainted as well.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 01:11 AM
"You don't know much about hive worlds, do you? All they are is giant factories. And I assure you - the vast majority of the planet will not be shielded at any given time, if any at all is. As to if I know how to cause such disaster, it honestly isn't hard, with the proper weaponry. As to cults, are you saying that you wish for Inquisitorial attention? Because that is what you will get, if you do not act fast enough. Were we to get far enough along, we run the real risk of Exterminatus being declared on the world. That would achieve mission parameters, with the slight problem being our own hideous deaths. And that leads well into my next point - if the SDF does that while we're on the surface, we will die. And they will in response to a large enough uprising, if they are not dealt with in some way first. You claim you can sway a ship to your will. Their flagship would be a good place to start."

Glarx
2013-04-15, 01:13 AM
Vivienne nodded to Bacchus' suggestion. "I have some scholarly knowledge of the false creed of the corpse-god. It should be trivial to make use of it in order to worm my way into their collective. By befriending the lesser priests and moving up, we could spread our version of the truth to a great multitude swiftly. It all depends on how susceptible they are to the various charms of the flesh, but that shouldn't be a problem. If I'm dealing with the nobility, maneuvering with the priests oughtn't be too far out of my way. I would be limited to the upper spire for long periods of time, however. I wonder how the priesthood would react to a holy Astartes rummaging about in one of their cathedrals..."

Scholastic Lore check to see whether Vivienne knows how the priesthood would indeed react!

[roll0] v. 65

She definitely doesn't.

To the Iron Warrior's ramblings, she sighed and rubbed her eyes. "You're clearly a tactical genius and a master infiltrator. I'm not even sure why our honored host contacted me with you on the team."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-15, 01:20 AM
The cowards of a city's spires would have an ear to listen to anyone who speaks promises of brutal vengeance towards their hated rivals. Or even the promise of untold pleasures and the fulfillment of forbidden desires for simple prices... He thinks out loud, incorporating the Slaaneshi into his plot, hoping to attract their attention by using their name.

While the weak whom are smothered under the heel of the Imperium would be receptive to the words with promise them an improvement in their lot in life, should they rise up as a single, powerful organism and let the streets run red with the blood of their oppressors. A lengthy process to be sure, to unite a lower hive's gangs and underhive mutants, and not one that would go unnoticed... He looks to Estas.

...unless the PDF, Arbites, and Inquisition were distracted, having their forces spread thin to look for one man performing a series of critical sabotages that undermine the forces of all three organizations that assert the False Emperor's authority.

When the time comes, a hedonistic nobility must be fooled into thinking the Imperial authority wishes to take away their "delights." If they are not already doing so. Enkindle the flame of their hatred and direct their resources into the destruction of Imperial Authority. At the same time an enraged underclass will be unleashed to provide bottom-up pressure on Imperial holdings. Imperial authority will be crushed by this two-pronged assault, having already been spread thin due to relentless sabotage and damage. Not to mention one should consider how suspicious House Krin would look if a world or system they are investing in just happens to "fall" to Chaos.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 01:22 AM
"Think about it. Assume your glorious plan comes to fruition and the world falls before you, screaming praises to the Prince of Pleasure. Do you suppose the Imperium would simply take this lying down? Of course not. At minimum, they institute an orbital blockade and invade the planet. Otherwise, they initiate Exterminatus and kill us all. How do you propose to deal with that?"

Glarx
2013-04-15, 01:23 AM
"Listen to your brother-in-arms and stop talking, Estas. The Khornate has a viable, intelligent idea. And it doesn't involve orbital bombardment. Imagine that."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-15, 01:28 AM
Exterminatus performs two objectives simultaneously. One, House Krin not only completely loses their investment and are now under suspicion for "taint," but we could dedicate such a massive slaughter to Khorne, for it was us who forced the Inquisition's hand to perform such grand slaughter. Though...I suppose we should be fair and dedicate it to Slaanesh too. So long as we are able to secure off-world transport and complete our objectives, Exterminatus is an irrelevant externality.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 01:29 AM
"I do not take orders from mortals. And, the question remains - assuming we achieve this, how do you propose we extract ourselves alive, without having dealt with the enemy fleet prior? Because there can be no question that we could not hold the world in the long term, one way or the other. At the very least, you must do all you can to subvert SDF officers to our cause."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-15, 01:31 AM
"I do not take orders from mortals. And, the question remains - assuming we achieve this, how do you propose we extract ourselves alive, without having dealt with the enemy fleet prior? Because there can be no question that we could not hold the world in the long term, one way or the other."

I can't answer that question yet, Brother, and indeed it is something that we would need to look into. But the fact remains that our ability to hold the world is irrelevant. If and when that question becomes relevant, our objectives would have already been achieved. House Krin is undermined, Imperial authority is undermined, and slaughter has been committed on a planetary scale. Khorne shall be pleased.

Glarx
2013-04-15, 01:35 AM
Vivienne smirked and listened to Marz. "So, question: you outlined three important roles; one, the unification of the lower class; two, the perversion of the upper class; three, the distraction of the Eyes of the Cadaver King. Who goes where?"

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 01:38 AM
"I shall deal with the distraction." says Etras. "I am not what one would call "sociable", but I am very good at mobile assaults. I can keep their eyes away." Privately he resolves to ensure that he has access to a space-capable vessel during that time. Just in case.

Glarx
2013-04-15, 01:39 AM
"You? Not sociable? Perish the thought. You've been more engaging in the last few minutes than those Alpha Legionnaires were for the half hour before you three got here."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-15, 01:45 AM
Vivienne smirked and listened to Marz. "So, question: you outlined three important roles; one, the unification of the lower class; two, the perversion of the upper class; three, the distraction of the Eyes of the Cadaver King. Who goes where?"

A metal hand sticks out of the cloak, pointing to the woman. A good question.

He surveys the group. Each of us would have to be allocated according to our skill sets. If you know your place, speak.

Estas volunteers to be the saboteur.

Very good, I can see that. As for me I propose I go to the lower city and unify the gangs. My Khorne-blessed might makes me more than capable of muscling my way up through the ranks of the undercity.

And Vivienne, don't antagonize my Brother. It can only end poorly.

Seanfall
2013-04-15, 01:45 AM
I can help to rally the Underclass, Promise them fulfillment of their desires, in an environment free of...judgement. I can also help to remove any obstacles of the Imperium or with the Distractions. Bacchus laughs at the bickering between his fellow Slaaneshi and the Iron Warrior. Of course I'd also love to help corrupt the nobles, but...well I might end up breaking a few. More than just my muscles bulge. Smiling, he again looks at his apparent compatriots. And what if the inquisition does come calling and we are able to discover them? Kill their agents? Not always easy, turn them? Or flee?

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 01:49 AM
"It depends on the situation at the time. Ideally, we would be able to strangle them in the Imperium's own labyrinthine bureaucracy and tangled web of nobility. Keep them hunting false leads and fill the air with so many rumors they don't know where to turn."

Glarx
2013-04-15, 01:51 AM
"He believes he is my superior because of his biomass, as opposed to his deeds, Cacaus Marz. That's worth derision. But fine, I'll stop antagonizing him. It would have gotten boring anyhow." She yawned. "I'll take the upper hive with Hector and Horatio. We should be able to make quite an impression."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-15, 02:11 AM
I can help to rally the Underclass, Promise them fulfillment of their desires, in an environment free of...judgement. I can also help to remove any obstacles of the Imperium or with the Distractions. Bacchus laughs at the bickering between his fellow Slaaneshi and the Iron Warrior. Of course I'd also love to help corrupt the nobles, but...well I might end up breaking a few. More than just my muscles bulge. Smiling, he again looks at his apparent compatriots. And what if the inquisition does come calling and we are able to discover them? Kill their agents? Not always easy, turn them? Or flee?

If we can turn them then by all means it would be immoral for us to NOT turn them. If not then you are obligated to spill their blood in the name of Lord Khorne. However I suggest you would do best to disguise yourself, Bacchus. All it takes is one person to recognize your armor insignias or cyphers to undermine our whole operation.

He looks at the human woman again. His deeds are great and many. I would know, we've fought side-by-side since the days before The Emperor was a corpse on a chair. The days when planets were destroyed because the people DID think he was a God. Between the two of us we have caused more destruction and carnage than you can possibly imagine. Our deeds are large, many, and varied over our limitless lifetimes. No human can possibly be our equal. This is by no means a put-down. Khorne cares not from where the blood flows only that it flows, and he cares less who causes it to flow. You mortals are capable of a great many things, and I for one look forward with anticipation into seeing what you can do. But to assume yourselves our equal is a hubris beyond hubris.

Seanfall
2013-04-15, 02:32 AM
Not to be pedantic but I am obligated to do nothing in the Name of Khorne. I will of course kill them if necessary, but even if they don't turn or won't, there is still fun to be had. If I cannot despoil the soul the body will have to do. Bacchus eyes the two again, sighing ah the postering the shuffling for position even in such a small group. YOu are right about having to hide our symbols in the beginning. Though won't our armaments also give us away? Bolt weapons are not unheard of in Astartes hands but ones of our quality are rare indeed.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 02:42 AM
"Then find alternative weapons or eliminate all witnesses. Unless you remove the armor, you are highly unlikely to pass for anything but an Astartes in any case. And that is discounting any mutations you may have underneath it. I, for example, could never pass for human." Estas removes his helmet to reveal a completely mechanical face. Where there should be skin, there is silvery metal. Four eye-slit photoreceptors glow a soft blue, and there is a tall, thin, immobile grill where the mouth and nose should be. "I know not what you look like beneath your armor, but I would hope it is less obvious."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-15, 02:51 AM
This is no issue for me. I am blessed with inconspicuousness. To punctuate this, with one hand and a hiss of depressurization, he removes his helmet, holding it by a horn. Revealing a perfectly ordinary however heavy-built face that looks as though it's never seen an ounce of Chaos corruption or taint. Estas would recall that underneath the skin are numerous cybernetic implants and plating.
So long as I do not make myself a spectacle people have a tendency to look right past me. Hence, this cloak.

Seanfall
2013-04-15, 03:08 AM
Curious Iron Warrior? Sorry...your not my type. Bacchus rolls his eyes as they reveal themselves, Though the Khorneite did have more than enough to back up his claim. Your right you do look rather plain for a veteran of the long war. Slaanesh has seen fit to bless me in other ways. And since we are showing our hands. Standing up Bacchus stops and thinks for a moment.

Nicodemus...may I have your permission to unveil my blessing? It might disturb your guards.

Glarx
2013-04-15, 07:31 AM
"I was there, too," she said, examining her nails. "While you and he have been gallivanting through the Warp to your next kill, I was here in realspace, swaying populations and bringing down planets. I've met Astartes who thought the same as you. I've outlived Astartes who thought the same as you. I am not a mortal, Cacaus Marz."

Looking over at Bacchus, Vivienne grinned. "Oh, this should be good. I'm interested to see what you're hiding underneath the armour!"

Maugan Ra
2013-04-15, 09:48 AM
"By all means, sir Bacchus. I am sure my companions will be able to tolerate whatever disturbing features you may be hiding under there. And if not, I shall tease them mercilessly for years."

He pauses, and looks at the Khornate. "For the record, blood-spiller, presuming yourself superior to another simply because of age or biological modifications is not a wise course of action. Please desist, before your arrogance annoys me to the point of action."

Glarx
2013-04-15, 09:52 AM
"I'm sorry, it seems our little squabble took us off of the immediate briefing." Vivienne turned her attention back to the psyker. "Mr. Tyllerton, as was mentioned, information on the defenses of the planet would be exceptionally useful. Do we have a great deal of that available, or are we essentially in the dark?"

Emperor Ing
2013-04-15, 12:25 PM
Cacaus eyes the Psyker curiously. He didn't intend to come off as arrogant in his pointing out a verifiable fact. If fact is arrogance, and that annoys the psyker, then the levels of rage he must experience by the sheer hubris one should expect among the followers of Chaos must be rage great enough to make Kharn the Betrayer seem calm.

Right.

Moving on, I would also like information. What worlds are in the system, House Krin's enemies, allies, Imperial presences and power-bases, local customs, the more thorough the better.

Seanfall
2013-04-15, 01:51 PM
Bacchus grins and cracks his neck, he removes his helmet revealing his handsome but somewhat sunken features. Than...after a brief moment of calm he unveils his full blasphemy for a few moments his features twist to become an icon worthy of fear and devotion. Horrifying yet glorious, twisted yet sensual.

Using Icon of Blasphemy
Gain the fear 3 horrifying trait

Maugan Ra
2013-04-15, 01:58 PM
"I have a considerable amount available. Here."

Tyrell system data

Planets:

Tyrell Primus: Hive world, population 124 billion. Two main urban centers, Hives Alpha and Beta, numerous smaller settlements. Primary environment is heavy jungle or ocean, small polar caps.

Tyrell Secundus: Agri world, population 5 billion. Ocean planet, primary foodstuff being aquatic life and kelp varieties. Mostly focused on supplying Primus, some extra-system trading contracts.

Tyrell Tertiary: Mining world, on outer reaches of the system. Rich in mineral deposits. Population 2.5 billion.

Planetary Defense Forces:
Military service in the Tyrell defense forces is considered mandatory for all adults of between the ages of eighteen and twenty years. All officers come from those who have served their terms and elected to stay on, with a strict internal advancement structure based on length of service and personal merit. Even the most lauded General was once a lowly private in the legions.

The PDF serves as standing army and law enforcement alike. There is some degree of corruption inherent in this dual role, but little of the heavy-handed authoritarian crackdowns on the civilian populace often found in other Imperial worlds. However, the ongoing conflict between criminal organisations and the police forces is often on the scale of outright warfare - a soldier is more likely to see action when posted to an enforcement regiment than a planetary defense one.

System Defense Forces:
The Tyrellians maintain a standing fleet of ships and defensive space stations in accordance with Imperial law, but not a vast one. Their fleets tend towards fast raiders and troop transports than outright battleships. Most orbital defense is handled by ground-based batteries.

Imperial Presence:
Imperial Guard:
As with all Imperial territory, the Tyrell system is frequently called upon to provide troops for the Guard, which it typically does by drawing from soldiers who previously mustered out after their compulsory service was up.

Imperial Navy:
The Navy maintains a base in-system, along with a small compliment of warships. Fleet Base Tyrell maintains a significantly sized cordon around itself, through which no non-Navy ship is permitted.

Adeptus Mechanicus:
The Mechanicus maintain an average level of presence in the Tyrell system, with no notable enclaves or facilities. That said, there are frequently allegations that some form of sub-aquatic base exists where they perform bizarre experiments on undersea lifeforms... this has never been confirmed.

Imperial Church:
The Ecclesiarchy has a strong presence in the Tyrell system, as it's people tend to maintain a strong ethic towards discipline and military service that compliments orthodox imperialism nicely. That said, the Tyrellians also tend not to like the church too much, as there is an ongoing dispute over the 'pleasures of the body' - the jungles of Tyrell Primus produce a great many interesting and varied chemicals, which the natives enjoy using in their downtime. The priests occasionally condemn this as a sin, which tends to lead to all sorts of arguments.

Inquisition:
It's a world in the Calixis sector. There's Inquisitorial agents there. No bloody idea where though.

Maugan Ra
2013-04-15, 02:01 PM
Bacchus grins and cracks his neck, he removes his helmet revealing his handsome but somewhat sunken features. Than...after a brief moment of calm he unveils his full blasphemy for a few moments his features twist to become an icon worthy of fear and devotion. Horrifying yet glorious, twisted yet sensual.

Using Icon of Blasphemy
Gain the fear 3 horrifying trait

Nicodemus just raises an eyebrow.

"Hmm. Interesting."

The reaction among the watching Alpha Legionnaires is understated and yet still noticeable. A few take a step back, and several raise their weapons instinctively before controlling the urge. If any of them make a sound, it is hidden beneath their armour.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 02:34 PM
Estas is briefly shocked by the sight. Thankfully for him, his face isn't capable of moving or otherwise showing emotion - one might as well be looking at his helmet for all the reaction he shows. After a second, he regains control of his emotions, and speaks. "That would certainly attract attention. Unfortunately, it would also insure that you were the enemy's main target as soon as they regained control of themselves. Perhaps you might be more useful joining me in the distractions."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-15, 02:46 PM
Cacaus Marz is a veteran of the Horus Heresy and the Great Crusade. He has seen and fought both and against many horrors that would drive even most Astartes insane from both sides in relation to the Imperium. He has personally caused the slaughter of untold millions and left whole worlds as nothing more than a mass grave, and even emerged unscathed adrift in an unprotected Space Hulk lost in the warp for, what seemed like to him, a decade. But nothing.

Nothing.

Radiated the kind of wrongness that was imprinted on this Noise Marine's forehead. The next time anyone even notices Cacaus, he has already returned to his senses, is sheathing a power sword he apparently brandished.

Correct. Something like...THAT...would be sure to warrant the full attention of the Imperial fools, especially the heretics. Estas would know that since Cacaus only just a few hundred years ago returned from the Warp, and thus completely missed the entirety of the Age of Apostasy and the rise of the Ecclesiarchy, he has taken to referring to members of the Imperial Cult as Heretics, since it is they who are going against everything The Emperor himself has said for two hundred years. Everybody else is unlikely to understand the significance.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 03:11 PM
"Now that we have our plan, and our rolls, perhaps we should commence the mission?" Estas looks to Nicodemus. "What means do you have for us to get there?"

Seanfall
2013-04-15, 03:18 PM
Apologies if I upset anyone. Bacchus sits back down letting the moment of supreme wrongness he had created pass. I'd be more than willing to help provide a distraction Estas. Or indeed go anywhere you need me, It seems Slaanesh would have me not hide. He nods as Cacaus speaks, Yes it would...who are these heretics you speak of surely not our own?

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 03:25 PM
"He speaks of the Eccelsiarchy itself and all those that worship the Emperor as a god. He refers to them as heretics because they go against what the Emperor claimed of himself while he was alive."

Seanfall
2013-04-15, 03:41 PM
I'd laugh that a man who Preached of Atheism is now worshipped as a god...if it wasn't so pathetic...oh forget it I'll laugh anyways. HAHAHAHA! Bacchus quiet's himself after a moment, From the info our host has provided it seems the local clergy and the common folk don't get along. That works to our favor.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 03:46 PM
"So it could, though I do hope you Slaaneshi don't spend too much time in the jungle to take advantage of that fact."

Seanfall
2013-04-15, 03:50 PM
Come now give me some credit, yes I indulge in my desires, yes I enjoy the occasional narcotic. Morning noon and night, But I would not have survived so long were I not skilled in what I do. Though that does give me an idea...Hmmm...perhaps we can use the jungle's narcotics...poison a few places...yes I'll have to think on it. But there is possibility there. He shakes his head, But I digress I am ready to make haste to this world if my other compatriots are...once we establish our compact.

Emperor Ing
2013-04-15, 03:54 PM
I have everything I need, however I would suggest we form some line of communication. We need to be able to coordinate our efforts even though we may be at vastly different locations. For example the underclass and authorities clash constantly, if you need reinforcements I may send a group of underhive scum to assist.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 03:58 PM
"I am merely commenting that isn't unknown for even Slaaneshi Astartes to overdose themselves to death on particularly potent narcotics. But using sufficient quantities of it as a chemical weapon is a good strategy. One that we shall have to investigate. As to communication, I am in possession of a vox-caster of some quality, and I know my brother is as well." Estas spreads his arms wide. "I am ready to make our compact now," he looks around "If you all are."

Glarx
2013-04-15, 04:08 PM
"My power armour has a vox-caster capable of reaching several hundred kilometers. Do you believe we'll need something more powerful than that?" Vivienne then looked over at Estas. "And who would be the Anointed?"

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 04:17 PM
"I doubt it. Anything more will likely have to be stolen in any case - it will be unlikely to be portable. As to the Annoited... any volunteers?"

Seanfall
2013-04-15, 04:24 PM
My helmet posses a Microbead, as for the Anointed I suggest Vivienne for the job. If you've managed to subjugate so many as you've said then you are worthy in leading us in this task.

Emperor Ing
2013-04-15, 04:29 PM
Microbead? That is a kilometer distance max. I have a vox-caster for this purpose, but I have every intention on using it. If you are with my Brother, then you may share his.

Since this is my plan, the responsibility for its being carried out properly falls on me. Besides he doubts he would like the idea of being lead by a Slaaneshi cultist.

Maugan Ra
2013-04-15, 04:32 PM
"I have a stealth ship that can get you to the planet. It will remain in orbit with an Astropath aboard to serve as a relay point for any communication you need that you would rather not be intercepted."

Glarx
2013-04-15, 04:33 PM
Vivienne shrugged. "I have a great deal of infamy and my persuasive abilities -- when I'm not simply amusing myself to pass the time -- are unparalleled. I cast my stone for myself as well. After all, who am I to question a noise marine, especially one with such an impressive body?"

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 04:38 PM
"I agree with my brother. This was his plan, let him represent it." Before anyone can object, Estas adds, "Perhaps, though, we might compromise on its dedication? Perhaps it might be devoted to Khorne and Slaanesh. That might... improve our cooperation."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-15, 04:42 PM
I find this compromise acceptable. Depending on whether or not we can agree on our Anointed. Although Cacaus feels he should be the Anointed, he has no intention in the slightest of coming to blows over this.

Glarx
2013-04-15, 04:46 PM
"It seems we have a tie. Mr. Tyllerton, your opinion on the matter?" Vivienne glanced over at their employer, an eyebrow arched in curiosity. "And before anyone gets upset I'm looking to a tiebreaker -- we're going to trust Tzeentch one way or another. Either through his champion, or through some system of chance. And if you'd rather trust this to a coin than to the arbitration of the man who brought us here, ostensibly with some role in mind for each of us, then that's your prerogative."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-15, 04:59 PM
I have no trouble with this. However it's new information to him that their employer is Tzeenchian.

Maugan Ra
2013-04-15, 05:32 PM
"Then I would recommend you allow the Blademaster to lead the mission. A man capable of balancing the demands of the Blood God and the cold analytical mindset of his parent legion seems a strong choice for leading such a diverse group." Tyllerton says after a moment's consideration.

OoC: No, I absolutely did not roll a dice to see which potential leader Nicodemus would back :smalltongue:

Glarx
2013-04-15, 05:34 PM
"There we have it, then." Vivienne returned her attention to the Anointed. "So, you agree with Estas that dedicating it to both Slaanesh and Khorne is the proper way to proceed?"

Seanfall
2013-04-15, 06:02 PM
I find that an agreeable compromise. Bacchus stands back up. I'm used to fighting in small closed formations, up until now a micro-bead has sufficed, when given the chance I shall acquire a replacement. Now to hash out the terms of the compact...my least favorite part. Bacchus sighs.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-15, 06:17 PM
"As to that, I would think that it should be simple enough. The primary objective is obvious: destabilize the planet, by hook or crook. The secondary objectives are also simple: corrupt the nobility, assemble a mass gang-army, distract the Imperium's eyes while this happens."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-15, 06:56 PM
Well, destabilize the system but when Tyrell Primus falls so goes the system. And House Krin. Correct, but I would suggest that we anticipate each secondary objective to be an endeavor all of their own. Then we direct the corrupt nobility and the massed phalanxes of the underclass against a distracted and weakened PDF and Imperial forces at about the same time.

For now I think a good way to begin is to establish a strong presence in the drug trade to have available the goods to entice the nobles and gain favor among the addicted humans of the underclass. It will also give us access to a network of contacts if we can assume control of a cartel.

But yes. Our compact will be dedicated to Khorne, whose hand will guide our blades and wrath fall upon our enemies while the whims of Slaanesh dissolve the minds of our foes in unimaginable bliss.

Seanfall
2013-04-15, 09:51 PM
Bacchu's ears perk up at the mention of drugs and bliss he smiles widely, Ah Khorneite you are speaking my language. Their are so many things we may do with the proper narcotics.

Emperor Ing
2013-04-15, 11:48 PM
A means to an end. Controlling a drug cartel will give us access to the narcotics so sought after by both the nobility and the underclass, handing us a lever of power. Furthermore our distraction could plant evidence designed to convince Imperial authorities to illegalize these narcotics altogether, increasing malcontentment against them, making them easier to manipulate.

Glarx
2013-04-16, 11:26 AM
"A thought occurs to me," Vivienne said, her body language shifting ever so slightly. Her back straightened, her tone lost some of its languid nature, her eyes opened slightly more than normal. "We wish to hook the underhivers on the jungle narcotics while the upper hive forces it into illegality, as to foment anger between the classes, correct? And I will need some way to integrate myself into the nobility. There's no reason we cannot use one to perform the other.

"If I am given two Adeptus Mechanicus red robes and a blank dataslate, I should be able to create a document detailing hitherto unknown mutagenic properties in the narcotic plants. I could present myself to the ruling body as a member of an unstated Administratum wing -- the Imperium has so many deliciously secretive organizations -- investigating the drugs. This will give the Ecclesiarchy support for their claims of sinfulness, while also allowing me to have a somewhat convincing reason to be in the court and around for any length of time

"As Estas performs his attacks, I can ascribe to him the qualities of a mutant, lending credence to my scare tactics and drawing away scrutiny of his actions. A rogue mutant is better than a foreign Astartes, I feel. As you unify the undergangs, I can repeat my claims of mutation, heightening the sense of insecurity. Once Bacchus appears... You see the pattern.

"By having Hector and Horatio wear the garments of the Adeptus Mechanicus, I have additional credibility in my report and my position. If there is any true scholar among the court, I can request his aid and, once I have him alone, neutralize him. The greatest issue is balancing the fear of the mutagenic properties of the drug with personal pride. While we could stage a great many mutant attacks -- your gangs, Cacaus, would be suitable to this end -- if it grows to be too great and issue, it could lead to external investigation. But a small, localized affliction should be cause to ban the use of the drug entirely.

"The up side to this, of course, is that long time users of the drug will know this is a total load of grox****. So Bacchus, you shouldn't have any trouble in decrying my efforts to the underhivers as the work of some highfalutin noble with neither of her feet on the ground. That should incense them -- especially if you can offer them the drugs, as per Marz's plan to take over or form a cartel to corner this particular market. By making the drug use into a symbol of their personal freedom and liberty, they will stray from the path of righteousness and ultimately succumb to your tantalizing efforts.

"The specifics of my plan will require studying the political situation personally, but what I've outlined here should be sufficient for consideration of its merits, I think. If it is found to have none, then I'll fall back and reconsider how to integrate into the nobility. Fearmongering has worked in the past, and using generalizations and obscure references, I should be able to insinuate which branch of the Administratum my character supposedly works with without ever stating it directly. That should cause enough fear in the governor to allow me to remain in the upper hive without concern, but it is, admittedly, a gamble."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-16, 12:35 PM
Marz listens intently to Vivienne. Your ideas certainly have merit, however one problem sticks out to me: The plan is to convince the nobility to fall into your decadent ways. You have done well in galvanizing the underclasses against the Imperials, but if you're making the argument for why to ban them how are we going to corrupt the nobles as well?

Glarx
2013-04-16, 12:49 PM
"There are more pleasures than the drugs of the jungle. Excess makes itself known in all things. While they may find themselves afraid of the wonders of their own planet, great feasts, orgies, indulgences of torture and pain -- I can work in private to undermine their morality. By helping the Church, I may become integrated within that body as well. If they will host grand banquets for even the slightest thing, and should famine find it's way into the underhive, tension and perversion will grow hand in hand. And while you may not find me appealing, there are several humans who will. I should be able to twist their heads, starting with the smaller. Jealousy can turn men from their path."

Vivienne tapped a finger to her chin. "And I may be able to admit the farce in private, complaining about the stress of my job, the need for results. Or claim the drug only works in the weak-willed, and use their pride against them. 'Oh, it can't mutate you, you're too noble.' Or admit it was because it's free and easy to obtain, and claim the lower classes don't deserve such a reward without paying for it. There are options, but they depend on the environment and situation. I can't postulate which will work best without analyzing these variables."

Seanfall
2013-04-16, 01:01 PM
A masterful plan to be sure, For my part I can also act as something of a 'guardian' for the underhive. The bringer of their liberty, and all that grox, the nobles likely already have a number of vices they indulge in. You need only make that all their concerned about. He frowns for a moment, Another idea...at some point we could arrange for a few of the nobles to fall into the Underhives hands?

Glarx
2013-04-16, 01:08 PM
"To what end? I support torture, and arranging a noble to go missing will act as incentive to send in the PDF. But I'm interested in what motivated your question."

Seanfall
2013-04-16, 01:19 PM
Pure selfishness...I just don't like that you get to have all the fun. I mean sure I can take a few of the underhivers here and there, but it sounds like you have your own buffet of decadent delights.

Glarx
2013-04-16, 01:24 PM
This elicited a laugh. "A visit from my master's emissary, a loyalist Astartes, would reinforce my fictional employer's clout and give you an opportunity to sample the finer side of life. But that seems like something we ought to deal with should a show of importance be warranted. And we'd need appropriate armour for you..."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-16, 01:51 PM
Don't misunderstand me. Class warfare is not my intention. It's to drive the nobility and the underclass against the Imperials. Certainly playing them against each other is a valid way to speak their language but the intention is for eventually both of this world's economic strata will unite against a common foe. The enemy of my enemy as it were.

Restricting access to narcotics for the underhive scum certainly builds the resentment we seek but when you advocate among the Nobility that it be restricted while coordinating with me to prove your point, you will be the target of their emnity, or worse, convince them to give up their indulgences.

I believe the best way to go is to infiltrate the nobility as a high-end drug dealer while Estas plants evidence that those very same drugs are causing a rise in crime. Datapads with false information leading PDF to conclude that narcotics are the source of their problems, and that the criminals fear a crackdown on its use.

Glarx
2013-04-16, 02:11 PM
"Your goal won't work," she said with a shrug. "Class warfare accomplishes the compact. We can destabilize the planet. There are more underhivers than nobles, so any civil war here will cause the destruction Mr. Tyllerton is looking for. Once we prime the world to implode, we can leave before it happens. A hive is a gigantic place, and we cannot convince the whole world to go against the Imperium, not with four people -- especially not when only one of those four can speak to the nobility. My methods will lead to planet-wide bans, and word of Bacchus' revolt should be spreadable. Making him into a symbol -- of fear, for the nobles, and strength, for the underhivers -- can be effective enough to send a planet into the void."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-16, 02:55 PM
Well there goes one of Cacaus' plans. The loss of all Imperial holdings forces the hand of the Imperium, which in turn will lead to even greater carnage. You do have a point though, and they need not be mutually exclusive. I would be loathe to have the nobles see the Imperium as an ally, however.

Glarx
2013-04-16, 03:00 PM
"And if I should masquerade as an agent of the hated Imperium, then once my betrayal has become known and the nobles see the corruption they've submitted to, they'll hate the Imperial who did it. By making it seem the Imperium is a firmer ally, the eventual betrayal will be all the sweeter." Vivienne gave a little smile. "Those closest to us can dig the knife in with the most accuracy, it seems."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-16, 03:05 PM
The heretics will hear you, the nobility will see you as an enemy to their concurrent pleasure. It seem like you will be playing the part of a hypocrite.

Glarx
2013-04-16, 03:14 PM
An eyebrow raised. "I must have missed something, so let's backtrack for a moment. By demonizing this drug, how am I making the nobility give up all of their indulgences? Especially if I let on later that the mutation scare is simply to allow the nobility to indulge in a pleasure at the expense of their underlings. If the only thing these people have in order to entertain themselves are some drugs synthesized from plants in a jungle, they are really missing out. I'd be bringing in a new wave of pleasures, which would ultimately balance out no matter what. But don't take this as merely a counterargument, I am legitimately intrigued and concerned by what you're saying with regards to my squelching of indulgences."

Her fingers drummed against the arm of her chair. "As for the hypocrisy... well, yes. Obviously!" Vivienne laughed. "Both I and my character will be hypocritical in this situation. It is my design that only those who show the beginning stages of corruption should become familiar with that fact, but we'll see. No plan survives the first encounter and all that."

Seanfall
2013-04-16, 03:34 PM
Bacchus watched the exchange with decreasing interest, out of boredom he removed his bolt pistol from it's holster, ejected the clip and started to make a small pyramid out of the bolt shells. No doubt getting a few odd looks from the Assembled Alpha marines. What? I left the rest of my Lho sticks with the rest of my equipment. He ignores the looks and finishes his little project. If everything is hashed out I'd like to move on. We'll accomplish nothing by sitting here arguing about whose methods have what merit. If one course of action fails or dries up we will, if we can chose another. As you said no plan survives contact with the enemy. To himself he thought. And if we stand and here and chat any longer I'm gonna need someone to torture just to stay awake.

Maugan Ra
2013-04-16, 03:39 PM
"Quite. I shall have a shuttle prepared to transfer you to the ship. If you have need of disguises and props, I'm sure we will have something suitable here somewhere." Tyllerton says, deactivating the holo-projector. "I shall look forwards to hearing of your success."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-16, 04:06 PM
Hmm...very well. If you think it can be done successfully then go for it, however understand my concern and that driving a wedge between the nobility and the Imperium is paramount to our objective.

Yes, get what disguises you would need. I also highly suggest you get yourself a vox-caster, human.

Glarx
2013-04-16, 04:12 PM
Vivienne glowered at Marz. "I already have one, and it's capable of reaching several hundred kilometers. But thank you for your condescension. And here I'd thought we were getting along so well."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-16, 05:16 PM
"Nicodemus, on teh subject of disguises and props, do you have any loyalist power armor?"

Maugan Ra
2013-04-16, 06:51 PM
"Armour, by itself, has no allegiance. If you desire a disguise, apply paint." The Tzeentchan says dryly.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-16, 07:15 PM
"I am many things, but a painter is not one of them. But if you truly have no armor in loyalist colors, I would like paint. Although this would be the first band of Alpha Legion I encountered that lacked such armor."

Seanfall
2013-04-16, 10:05 PM
I can paint it for you, since your pride won't allow you to. That said the colors the loyalists use are so drab, no imagination at all. Like Gulliman's bastards that horrible Blue of theirs and they wonder why they always get spotted...Anyways which of Deluded loyalist legio....on wait are they still in legion formations? Bacchus drums his fingers on the table for a few moments while he thought.

Forbidden Lore Adeptus Astartes

[roll0] vs 40

to think of certain Chapters and their color scheme and iconography. and maybe which ones might work with whatever Vivienne's planning.

Maugan Ra
2013-04-16, 10:11 PM
"Chapters. They've been chapters for about nine thousand years." Nicodemus says calmly. There might be an implied comment about your intelligence in his tone, but it's hard to be sure.

"My companions use paint when a need to pass as loyalists arises. Infinitely easier to come by than actual sets of stolen armour, and it doesn't require us to leave valuable supplies lying around in storage."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-16, 10:12 PM
"I think the Ultramarines will do fine. They're perhaps the most recognized chapter across the galaxy. That will help."

Glarx
2013-04-16, 10:14 PM
The noise of disgust Vivienne made was extremely audible. It was a strange gagging noise, a wretching noise that didn't come naturally to the woman anymore. But the Ultramarines inspired it in her, and centuries of speech-making and the pursuit of perfection in the arena of oration had made her a deft hand at projection.

Seanfall
2013-04-16, 10:18 PM
Forgive my ignorance on such matters, but up until now how the deluded ones organized themselves has been rather irrelevant. Yes I remember their heraldry and proper iconography. Though I am loathe to subject our armor to such indignity, I'll make sure our armor looks enough like theirs to pass scrutiny. I'll have to do the same our weapons of course...and we'll have to keep any markings of honor to a minimum. No way they'll believe that a high ranking member of that Le...Chapter would concern themselves with such things. Mentally Bacchus is planning the proper alterations to their armor. But...Blue...and such a garish color to. Bacchus Visibly blanches.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-16, 10:19 PM
Estas ignores the human woman. "Perhaps you might lend my friend here the paints to turn our armor into that of an Ultramarine."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-16, 10:44 PM
Cacaus recalls for a moment the other First Founding legions. The Iron Hands and their brazen and single-minded pursuit of battle and conquest, their warriors lacking anything to even suggest it was more than a legion of mindless drones. At least the World Eaters had honor. But nothing. None of them compared to the Ultramarines. What process spawned those horrors, nothing no mind, mortal, daemon, or godly, could imagine something so terrible as to the horrid rituals that churn out creatures with such a diminished sense of individuality they make Servitors seem charming And with a such a single-minded and brainless devotion to their leaders, coupled by arrogance and self-righteousness...

The Berzerker couldn't think of a better representative of The Emperor's interests. However now there is the issue of, while serving as a distraction, Estas is spotted.

And if my Brother is spotted and identified as an Ultramarine while serving as our distraction, won't that diminish your credibility if you call on an "Ultramarine" to serve as a demonstration of your "master's" power?

As for myself, all it takes is one to see through me and identify my Legion markings. Blacken my armor.

Seanfall
2013-04-16, 10:48 PM
Perhaps Estas disguises as an Ultramarine, and I as another? The Imperial Fists, perhaps? Hmm...do the ravens still exist? They were always an enigmatic lot.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-16, 10:55 PM
"I assume you mean the Raven Guard? And yes, they still exist."

Seanfall
2013-04-16, 10:59 PM
Ah good, that could work well, The Raven Guard were a secretive lot if there's no knowledge about my presence it shouldn't be questioned.

Emperor Ing
2013-04-16, 10:59 PM
Well I think we are narrowing our options by focusing on the First Founding Legio Astartes. What Astartes Legions headquarter in the Calixis Sector?

Maugan Ra
2013-04-16, 11:31 PM
"The Storm Wardens have their homeworld on Sacris. Blue and white armour, close assault specialists... but not widely known in the sector at large."

"Honestly, a great deal of Chapters could be reasonably expected to turn up, if required. The Scarus Sector, and the Cadian Gate, are relatively close by after all. Just try not to do anything that draws too much attention... I knew a Marine once, from the Black Legion. Moronic fool decided to paint himself as an Ultramarine and walk down the streets of a shrine world, roaring out praises to Gulliman and the Emperor while he massacred everything in sight." the psyker grimaces. "Never did work out if he had a plan beyond that. Killed him before he could do anything worse."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-16, 11:50 PM
BWA-hahahahaha! Cacaus laughs heartily at that story. That man is a hero as far as I can tell! I can assure you that I have every intention on being more subtle. Blue and white...a bit brazen if I do say so, the colors of someone who doesn't want to not be seen.

Hmm, not Ultramarines. Too well-known and easily recognizable. Something dull and unassuming yet recognizable to scrutiny should one of us want to be seen.

Forbidden Lore (Astartes) target 40
[roll0]

Henry the 57th
2013-04-16, 11:56 PM
"Ultramarines should do for my use. I am, after all, attempting to get attention. Or maybe... a Black Shield of the Deathwatch. They are not expected to explain their origins, after all."

Seanfall
2013-04-17, 12:07 AM
I'll need to recolor myself when called to court by our infiltrator. Unless you think I should look the same as Estas...though that creates the problem of having to repaint after every mission...which can get tiresome.

Glarx
2013-04-17, 12:13 AM
Vivienne yawned. "I have no intention of having Estas be my master's emissary, Cacaus. Mostly because I doubt he's capable of lying with any degree of realism. No, it would always be Bacchus. You two I intend to smear as mutants, formed from the terrible drugs found within the jungles. And I'll only have to deal with that once you two get recognized by the general populace -- if you do your jobs right, I may never have to mention you to the nobles. So long as Estas stays away from any of the nobles I'm currently swaying, we should be fine."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-17, 12:16 AM
"That might be a problem, depending on which nobles I kill. They will only take serious action if they feel directly threatened, which will only happen when some of the inbred fools die. They care nothing for the people of the hive. At least, not in the numbers I would feasibly be able to kill by myself."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-17, 12:22 AM
Then the task is simple: Don't harm the nobles. Yet.

Glarx
2013-04-17, 12:22 AM
"On that we disagree. Strongly. Your slaughter should be directed towards the various military holdings, not the church. We can coordinate attacks eventually, but until I have the nobles within my grasp, you oughtn't touch them. And yes, I know, 'you don't take orders from mortals' blah blah blah. I'm certain Cacaus will agree with me on this front, however: he did say, and I quote, '...unless the PDF, Arbites, and Inquisition were distracted, having their forces spread thin to look for one man performing a series of critical sabotages that undermine the forces of all three organizations that assert the False Emperor's authority.' In this regard he looked towards you. I imagine he intended for you to be that distraction. Notice he didn't mention the nobility."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-17, 12:25 AM
"Very well, then. Military officers first."

Emperor Ing
2013-04-17, 12:29 AM
I did intend for the Nobility to go unharmed for the time being. If they are to feel threatened they should be threatened by the forces of the False Emperor.

Glarx
2013-04-17, 12:31 AM
"I'm still not sure why you wish to emphasize the Imperium's involvement in this situation, as that goes outside the mission parameters, but to each their own. Can we discuss the cartel mission before we get there? And also, if I could take a few minutes to go and find the Adeptus Mechanicus robes for Hector and Horatio..."

Maugan Ra
2013-04-17, 12:43 AM
"It's an Imperial World. They fear what the retribution of the Imperium would be if they defect far more than they fear any imagined foe. I should know... it was, for a time, my job to maintain that happy balance of terror. "

Nicodemus shrugs. "Still, this is your mission, and I would not wish to infringe upon it. Just remember that Space Marines attract a lot of attention, from everyone involved."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-17, 12:51 AM
"Then you were an Inquisitor?" Estas asks. "Also, attracting attention, at least in my case, is rather the point. And I can assure you that my brother would not attract such attention if he walked around openly in Terminator armor, carrying a flaming daemon sword. Such are the blessings of the gods to him."

Seanfall
2013-04-17, 12:52 AM
Very well, then lets gather what we need and be off While on the way I'll make the necessary changes to our attire. Our compact is sealed correct? Is there any other business we must attend to before setting off?

Maugan Ra
2013-04-17, 01:07 AM
Tyllerton nods, and on his cheek appears a dark red symbol - a capital I, crossed with three bars. "I still am, though now I work with different means and to different goals." he says levelly. "Your brother would not be the first Astartes to die because he thought his gifts made him undetectable. The Calixis sector is rife with my peers... you may expect one to show at some point during your mission, if they are not indeed already present. Do not underestimate them."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-17, 01:12 AM
"Let me guess, you tried to use Chaos to benefit the Imperium, only to find that it pulls in all who seek its power." Estas looks at Bacchus. "I do agree that it is time for us to be on our way, though."

Maugan Ra
2013-04-17, 01:32 AM
Tyllerton just smiles thinly. "'Tried'?"

With that, he turns and walks away. "The shuttle is in docking bay fourteen. I have men bringing you the requested gear for disguises. Best of luck. Try not to die."

Seanfall
2013-04-17, 01:37 AM
Bacchus taps his fingers on the table before reloading his pistol and standing up. and waiting for a moment till Nicodemus and his guards are gone. So...we're being used by a member of the inquisition, the same inquisition I'll remind you that hunts those of our ilk, in order to destabilize the financial well being of a noble house. Does that about sum this up? Bacchus scratches his head before putting his helmet back on. How did a member of the Inquisition get the backing of the Alpha Legion? Bacchus growls a bit more, I thought he was just another chaos Psyker. Does this change anything?

Henry the 57th
2013-04-17, 01:39 AM
"The fact that you're sending a pack of Chaos Space Marines to feed billions of loyal Imperial souls to the Dark Gods rather indicates you aren't working for the Imperium any longer." Estas replaces his own helmet and looks at Bacchus. "In any case, Tzeentch will consume his soul and everything he is, so it doesn't really bother me what he may tell himself."

Maugan Ra
2013-04-17, 01:40 AM
"Alternately, he's lying to you for his own amusement."

It is the first thing one of the Alpha Legionnaires has said since the meeting has begun, and while you cannot see his face beneath the helmet, his voice sounds like he's smiling.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-17, 01:43 AM
"Hardly surprising. Devotees of Tzeentch are like that. So dreadfully dishonest. So frightfully inefficient."

Seanfall
2013-04-17, 01:44 AM
Infiltrators, schemers, soldiers...and now comedians. There really is nothing your legion won't do is there? Bacchus said in the driest tone he could manage.

Maugan Ra
2013-04-17, 01:54 AM
"It's the simple pleasures that make life worth living."

Right, if folks would please write a quick list of mundane things they think would be useful, such as disguises and such, we can Timeskip to your arrival at Tyrell.

Emperor Ing
2013-04-17, 01:54 AM
Hmm, Brazen, controlling, and utterly disregarding of the lives of billions in order to make a joke to be shared by nobody. The berzerker points at Tyllerton. I like you. He'll kill you last.

Until then let us be off. Tell us to the location of our disguises and we shall see to it the sacrifice of billions to Khorne. And Slaanesh.

Really just black paint to cover up the shiny bits on Cacaus' armor. He wears a giant grey cloak so he can have his cake (the unremarkable gift) and eat it too (works while wearing armor)

Henry the 57th
2013-04-17, 01:59 AM
"Yes, we wouldn't want to keep the Dark Gods waiting."

My list:
Lots and lots of paint that works on armor
Extra ammo for all my weapons
A document of iconography of loyalist chapters, if they have it

Seanfall
2013-04-17, 02:23 AM
Yes for SLAANESH and khorne.

Pretty much the same as Henry.
Paint (that works on power armor)
Iconography
Extra ammo
doing some Acq test in ooc.

Glarx
2013-04-17, 05:16 PM
Vivienne stood up from the chair for the first time in what felt like ages. "Do excuse me for a few minutes," she said with a little bow towards Nicodemus. She let with Horatio and Hector, and returned, true to her word, in a few minutes. Instead of her dress, however, she now wore a beautiful suit of shiny black power armour. Across the plates, platinum filigree traced our whorls and whirls, mapping out a great, symmetrical pattern. Maglocked to her belt was a helmet, also of exquisite design. Her heretics were dressed in the garb of the Adeptus Mechanicus.

"Alright, I'm ready when you three are. If there are any specifics about the cartel mission, I'm sure there will be time in the shuttle ride, no?"