PDA

View Full Version : Delete this please

Anderlith
2013-04-14, 05:57 PM
So I am trying to prep for a Warhammer 40K game, & I want to have a dynamic & cool plot. But I also want it to seem legitimate within the 40K universe.

My idea is that the players are trained shock troopers from Cadia, who have been put into a newly formed regiment around a Colonel who has been given his new station for past heroics (He did something truely heroic saving a STC for the Adeptus Mechanicus & is now in command of his own regiment)

The 31st Forward Lance (known as the Glorious 31st), a regiment of drop troops that fly down during battles to turn the tide, drop deep into enemy territory for recon, & all other duties that heavily armed & armored men jumping out of the sky can do for the Imperium.

My question is what to make their enemy?

I want to see them fight orks but I want to have them fight orks that have been mutated in someway from different DNA corrupting the animal parts of their hybrid DNA.

Is this possible? I basically want to introduce something like a gene-seed into the genes of a tribe of orks. I was thinking that some foreign xenos had crashlanded into an orkish fungus hatchery & corrupted the bloodline. I'm thinking it will be a daemon but I may change it to fit the story.

Comments & recommendations are desperately wanted

Squark
2013-04-14, 06:01 PM
The GitP 40k RPGs thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255006) is probably your best resource. The 40k tabletop fluff thread in this forum is also good, although that's a bit more focused on the wargame.

Wraith
2013-04-14, 06:14 PM
Send your players to the Ork Empire of Octarius, where there is an entire system locked in perpetual war between Orks and Tyranids.

Send them in for whatever reason amuses you most - Recon of the battle lines, recovering lost archeotech, extracting IG personel who somehow crash landed there, whatever - and then you can have them fight Orks, Tyranids and also the insane abominations that have been evolved by the Hive Mind when Tyranids have a glut of Ork DNA to assimilate.

The first two are all in the books, it's easy to pick out a fight to suit your mood. The latter might require some home-brewing, or simply steal stats from another creature (Ogryns, or even Daemons if you like) and tell them "it's a massive mutant Ork, with tentacles for a face; have at it!" :smallbiggrin: