PDA

View Full Version : object sizes

NeoPhoenix0
2013-04-14, 06:47 PM
i want to determine what qualifies an object as fine and can therefore be launched by the launch object spell. does anyone know how to determine what size an object is in 3.5.

BowStreetRunner
2013-04-14, 08:14 PM
PHB p 166 has examples on table 9-10 Size and Armor Class of Objects. Colossal (broad side of a barn), Gargantuan (narrow side of a barn), Huge (wagon), Large (big door), Medium (barrel), Small (chair), Tiny (book), Diminutive (scroll), Fine (potion). To my knowledge, that is all they give you to go on.

TuggyNE
2013-04-14, 08:22 PM
As far as I know, object sizes are basically like creature sizes, with the exception of weapons (which are referred to based on the size of the creature they're designed for, rather than their actual size).

Deaxsa
2013-04-14, 08:46 PM
As far as I know, object sizes are basically like creature sizes, with the exception of weapons (which are referred to based on the size of the creature they're designed for, rather than their actual size).

i thought that weapons only had the sizes "two-handed, one-handed, and light"

not that they went by the other size criteria

KillianHawkeye
2013-04-14, 08:52 PM

You are mistaken.

Every weapon has a size category. This designation indicates the size of the creature for which the weapon was designed.

A weapon’s size category isn’t the same as its size as an object. Instead, a weapon’s size category is keyed to the size of the intended wielder. In general, a light weapon is an object two size categories smaller than the wielder, a one-handed weapon is an object one size category smaller than the wielder, and a two-handed weapon is an object of the same size category as the wielder.

TuggyNE
2013-04-14, 08:54 PM

Weapons have both size and "handedness"; light/one-handed/two-handed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#lightOneHandedandTwoHandedMeleeWeapons ) is covered under a different section than weapon size (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#weaponSize). As far as I know, the rules don't have a more concise term for what I call "handedness", but it's definitely not the same as size.