PDA

View Full Version : [Devoted Performer] Bard/Paladin Build

Phippster
2013-04-14, 10:20 PM
Myself and three others are running through Red Hand of Doom and eventually into a new module or custom-designed story, and I've recently rebuilt my character, a 6th level Warblade (felt I was overshadowing the party) into a Bard/Paladin with Devoted Performer. While I might still end up a little high on the party power curve, I feel this build might be a little easier to make cooperative.

The rest of the party is as follows:
7th Level Raptoran Cleric: Typically heals, summons in occasion. Very poor in combat on his own merits, typically heals and summons instead of fighting himself.

7th Level Human Fighter: Much more of a powerhouse than she should be because she's the DM's girlfriend. She's managed to acquire 3rd party gear and homebrew weapon templates that the rest of the group can't use, thus making her fairly competent in battle.

7th Level Elf Druid: Haven't seen her do much other than turn into a bear and summon some animals. I'm honestly not sure she even has Natural Spell. She's halfway competent but not GREAT by any means.

6th Level Sorcerer (+1 LA Race unknown): Decent spellcaster. Wants to focus on damage spells, but he's taken a few nice spells like ray of enfeeblement, grease, etc.

Basically, I'm looking for a viable build through 20th level, but something that works well in the short term and the long term. I'm currently a Human Paladin 2/Bard 5, with the following stats,etc.

Strength: 16
Dexterity: 14
Constitution: 16
Intelligence: 12
Wisdom: 11
Charisma: 21

+1 Frost Greataxe
+1 Longbow
+2 Mithril Breastplate
Shax's Indispensible Haversack Type I (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8235865&postcount=1)
+2 Cloak of Charisma

Extra Smiting
Power Attack
Extra Music
Devoted Performer

0th Level: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Know Direction, Prestidigitation, Mending, Message
1st Level: Expeditious Retreat, Charm Person, Feather Fall, Sleep
2nd Level: Cure Moderate Wounds, Heroism, Mirror Image

I was going to take Displacement for my first 3rd level spell, but other than that I don't have a lot of ideas. I'm aiming for a nordic-esque theme, but not incredibly so. I'd like to steer clear of OBVIOUS cheese, unless it's the kind of thing that boosts the entire party. I'm aiming for a low T3 character, if that helps any.

Arc_knight25
2013-04-15, 10:12 AM
I've done the devoted performer thing before. One of my favourite characters to date.

I took Paladin to 7/ Bard 3/ Dragon disciple(Brass) 10

The stat bonuses from DD really compliment the Paladin quit nicely.
Feats:
Devoted Performer
Battle blessing
Armoured caster
Improved buckler
Weapon focus

Those are what I could remember from the top of my head.

I took the feat Battle blessing so all my Paladin spells where swift actions. Also took Armoured caster so I could cast spells in medium armour for Bard (had Mithril Fullplate) And for Bard spells I stuck with swift action spells. Was a frontline fighter/weak party support.

Did the whole worshipper of Bahamut.

Checkout Complete Champion, Divine and Book of Exalted deeds for prestige classes that will mesh well with paladin.

laeZ1
2013-04-15, 10:25 AM
Let's not forget to round off the build with Mystic Theurge!

Phippster
2013-04-16, 02:20 PM
I'm considering remaining in Bard for a while, but Paladin 3 nets me Aura of Courage, which sounds useful for RHOD. Other than that, I'm looking for a decent prestige class I could use for spellcasting and a good BAB. Any ideas?