PDA

View Full Version : North for the Summer: Darling

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Acanous
2013-04-15, 05:05 AM
There's a knock at your door.

Groggily, Darling wakes to the sound of a staccato wooden banging against the flimsy wooden sliding thing that separates your room from the one shared by the rest of the band.

You recognize the beat from one of your songs, and Beatrice's voice doing a piss-poor impression of you at the lyrics. Great, now it'll be stuck in your head all night.

Sliding it open, you find Beatrice and Rebecca there, Beatrice wearing a ****-eating grin and very little else, while 'Becca is blow-drying her hair.

"Guess what?" Beatrice starts on you, not waiting for you to waste breath on a reply. "Sadie's been out all day working the radio stations, and there's one running a contest! Twenty-Five Grand just for showing up a bunch of newbie punks at some new nightclub. AND we get free drinks!"

She's obviously delighted with herself, and it seems she expects you'd be, too.

You've got enough dots in Herd to start with 9 points in your Blood Pool.

daelrog
2013-04-15, 08:05 PM
The stuff I put in the Recruitment Thread, just so it's not lost.
"They came in the middle of the night. It was a new moon, and the clouds were covering the stars.

"My mother... she had seen something, something she wasn't supposed to see. There are monsters out there, and she just happened to cross paths with one. She wasn't some archeologist looking up old tomes, not a high powered business woman doing back dealings with the children of the night. She worked as cashier at some organic food store.

"She was scared... scared like I haven't seen before. My dad was trying to console her, and that's when they came. Four of them, dressed in darkness, laughing, mocking my parents as they killed them. Me? They let me run, thinking it a merry chase.

"Should have died that night. Should have been drained of all my blood and left in some gutter. The first did happen. Only it wasn't them, it was Ophania, my sire. One of the largest women I've ever seen. As for the second... she took care of me for about a year, telling me all the tips and tricks. How not only to survive, but to make something of myself. She was only keen on that point, she said dogs and rats survived, we kindred can do more than that.

"She never told me what she wanted to do with herself, just some vague poetic line about 'a show to stop the sun from rising'. Me? I want vengeance."

Darling flicked off the tape recorder, her personal audio journal and put it in her pocket. It was time for the show to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19-RS02R0H4

Darling LaFleur is an only child who grew up in Montreal. She was always acted rebellious, not really for the sake of tearing down the establishment, or some anger against her parents who she had a good relationship with, but usually to get ahead. The person who stands in line has to wait, the person that cuts ahead gets the piece of cake sooner.

Her father told her she had a great mind for business that way, and her mother thought she'd be a political activist. She went to art school instead cause she liked the atmosphere more, and idea of having adoring fans was more tempting than grumpy investors or angry protestors.

It was spring break her senior year of undergraduate school when she was embraced, and she dropped out of art school, stating duress to her parents unsolved murder as the reason. As she was trained by her sire, she picked up a band, naming it the Indigo Heart Conspiracy, or IHC for short. When she was released to find her own way, she tracked down the vampires to Calgary, where she's been establishing herself, waiting for the time to strike.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs28/i/2008/155/8/7/Punk_style_by_AmberCherryBomb.jpg

Darling has dark hair with red highlights, and dresses up to her rocker image. She has a broken cross tattoo under her left eye, and is short, only 5'4" tall.

Darling has an aggressive personality, taking what she wants, when she wants it, and generally doing what's in her best interest. She's not cruel, she doesn't like to screw people over. That kind of thing generally comes back to haunt one at a later date, and she doesn't get a kick out of seeing someone suffer. However, if she sees a beggar on the street, she doesn't feel inclined to give a dollar.

She's yet to make her move on her parents' murderers, but she has found out a little. It's a group of Lasombra, an Elder of over 300 years, and a following of the Path of Night, his two childer, and one grand-childer. Darling is not a particularly martial kindred, nor does she have a discipline to even the playing field like dominate. She has her band, her fans, her music, and her anger, and that the masquerade has been broken changes little to her.

Miscellaneous
Extra languages are French and Latin

Public Backgrounds
Fame 2: Indigo Heart Conspiracy's gained a solid fanbase in the city. A couple of their songs may be on the local radio now and then, there are probably a few hundred people scatted about who have a t-shirt of theirs. (They have not released a full album yet)

Herd 3: With fans comes vitae. Most kindred who know of Darling know she's not lacking on blood.

Resources 2: Any kindred that does even the slightest poking around knows that Darling makes enough to live comfortably.

Retainers/Band: The Indigo Heart Conspiracy is a Quebecois rock band that's been emerging the past couple months. It's a four member band with Darling singing lead vocals and playing backup guitar. Her three band mates came with her when she arrived, and all three are ghouls..

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs28/f/2008/167/f/1/punk_rock_girl_by_dik2enz.jpg
Sadie is the talent in the group. She's the lead guitarist, and the most musically inclined of all of them, including Darling. She's also the least on board with the revenge trip Darling is on, and prefers to focus all her energies into the band as opposed to any plans for killing vampires.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/332/6/a/Punk_by_Akanei_Rin.jpg
Rebecca was Darling's friend from art school. An American who grew up in New York and wanted a change of scenery, she went to Canada for schooling. She's the most loyal to Darling, and will stick with her friend no matter what. Rebecca has a good heart, and is generally the moral voice, though she likes to party, drink, and have a wild time like the rest of them. She plays bass and does back up vocals.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/021/2/6/Punk_girl_by_Manjimaru.jpg

Beatrice is a seducer, corrupter, a deviant. She's the devil on Darling's shoulder, egging her on. She has a laid back demeanor, but underneath is a young woman who wants to create some chaos wherever she's at. She plays the drum.

Darling's Specialties (Acanous only)
Since there VtM sheet doesn't have a lot of space, I'll put specialties here.

Charisma: Boldness
Wits: Personal jabs
Expression: Asking for favors
Performance: Playing with her band

Darling groaned. The boy had been a lot more drunk than he had seemed. She could appreciate a man who could handle his drink, but not when it gave her a headache. She eyed Beatrice.
"You get free drinks." She rolled up and planted her feet on solid ground, running a hand through her hair. She feared the day her hair became out of style, and she'd have to mess with it every night to make it look right. Luckily enough it was good enough for current fashion trends.

A sharp whistle came to her ear, followed by the soft patter of drums. Darling's head bobbed up and down with the melody that only she could hear. "Yeah, yeah I dig it. Twenty-five'll work. Do I got some time, or is this a put-some-eye-shadow-in-the-van night?" She yawned.

Acanous
2013-04-15, 08:21 PM
"Nah, we got a few days to scope out the town. Maybe find a party, stir up some ****. Hear they don't know how to party out here, figure maybe I can shoe 'em."
Rebecca looks over at the two of you.
"Yeah, sure. Just try to be back sober this time, and if you're bringing boys home, you're cleaning up after them."

"Hey, if I'm going to bring anyone home, you've gotta go with me to make sure I don't get my poor heart broken, right?" Beatrice's voice takes on a mocking tone. "Don't make me go out there all alone and vulnerable!"
"Well, if we're gonna make a night of it, shouldn't we wait for Sadie to get back? Or are you suggesting we leave Darling-" Her voice takes on the same tone as Beatrice's. "All alone and Vulnerable?"

daelrog
2013-04-15, 08:36 PM
Darling smiled. The music in her head, with her friends. It was a moment of peace. "Really, a few days? That's a new one. It's like someone swapped my dumbass band mates with professionals." She stood up, her smile broadening. "So cruel, you tell me we have a gig, then you make me wait. You can bet we're raising hell tonight. Sadie has until I can get ready, then Becca's texting her how to find us."

Acanous
2013-04-15, 08:55 PM
"Alright! I'm gonna get some clothes on. See you on the other side!"
Beatrice dissappears into her room.
"Heh. I'm almost done. You really shouldn't encourage her though, Sadie's been on the warpath about going pro and making it big since we got here. Alberta's got no soul, but it's where the money's at."

You've got a number of clubs to choose from, including the new one that isn't open yet.

The Roadhouse, a Rougher rock type club
Republik, which is more alternative
Twisted Elements, the local gay bar
Ranchman's, the country and Western place
Vynil, a smaller club that's mostly just a lounge.

You can also decide to make a night of it and pub crawl, which Beatrice would love you forever for, but Becca would caution against.

daelrog
2013-04-15, 09:12 PM
Darling shuffled through her closet, settling for a pair of jeans and a Pat Benetar t-shirt. "Yeah, this is where the money's at, and this is where those ****ers are too. Wouldn't have minded touring your country until they decided they didn't like my kind. Guess we'll have to settle for Europe instead."

When she was done changing, she moved to the mirror, keeping it the make up simpler tonight. Darling cried out, "Hey Bea, you want to go to Republik or Twisted Elements?"

Acanous
2013-04-15, 09:19 PM
Being that Bea is getting changed, Becca replies first.
"Depends. You want to bring home a boy, or go for a girl? From what I hear, Twisted Elements is a gay bar. I don't mind either way, but Twisted probably throws a better party. Would be kinda mean to Bea to take her there and not tell her, though."

From in her room, Bea shouts out
"How about both?"

daelrog
2013-04-15, 09:38 PM
Darling called back. "We'll go bar hopping after we win this contest!" Darling thought for a minute. "We'll save the better party for another time. Let's do Republik."

Besides, she wanted to get in better touch with the kindred community here, and she'd have a better chance to find some Camarilla pup there.

Acanous
2013-04-15, 09:51 PM
http://images.clubzone.com/images/upload/Republik%281%29.jpg
Yeah I know, I couldn't find a good night pic of the place :/

It takes you about 10 minutes to get ready, and another 12 to drive. Bea is bouncing the entire way.
Synthetic beats assail your ears as you open the unassuming door. The place is pretty busy, for a monday night. Strobing lights let you navigate the dance floor only occasionally brushing up against other partygoers, and the bar at the edge doesn't seem too busy.
Bea is like a kid in a candy store, not sure if she wants to head to the Bar or the floor first, so she makes a comprimise, grabbing a Mike's Hard Lemonade and heading out to shake her ass.

Becca sends a text off to Sadie, letting her know how to find the place. The reply comes in "Be there in 1/2 hr".

Three girls entering a club together, you do draw some male attention, but nobody's making any moves just yet.

daelrog
2013-04-15, 10:15 PM
"Cowards." She says it as much to herself as to Rebecca. She was dead, and her body no longer had the passion it once did, but the spirit remained. "Honestly I think I was born in the wrong era. Put me with the vikings where big, hairy men with axes would take whatever the hell they wanted. Give me an eagle that sees its prey, and goes after it, not some snake that has to circle its prey ten times over before mustering the courage." Darling didn't actually know the predatory methods of eagles and snakes, but it at least got the point across. The heavy sounds of the club almost drowned out the music in her head, almost. The two sounds didn't exactly match, but close enough.

She looked about the club, wishing she had auspex. Her sire had told her a general bit about the different disciplines. At least, those possessed by the "clans". Apparently Darling was a rarity, and there were other rarities out there. Of all the disciplines beyond her reach, auspex seemed the most useful.

"Hey Becca, you got better eyes than me, see anyone that looks like a tall, dark, and handsome nightbird?" 'Nightbird' was one of their code words for vampire. Darling didn't get most of the slang used by other vampires. "Kindred" sounded awkward. "Vitae" more so. Hell, the worst was "masquerade", those things were old fashioned. The whole point of the masquerade was to keep it a secret, why use a word that stuck out like sore thumb? Maybe that's why the Yankees caught on.

Going to do a perception roll for Darling. +2 difficult due to her bloodline's weakness.

Perception + alertness = 3

[roll0]

Acanous
2013-04-15, 10:36 PM
Well, it'd normally be difficulty 5, (3 plus one for the crowd and one for the lighting conditions) so you're looking at a 7. That's 1 success.
Becca leans over. "Well, none that are Handsome, but take a look that way." She gestures to a lady hanging back on a corner of the dance floor. Shadows play across her features, and they aren't caused by the lights. She's chatting up a guy, looks like they just met.

Meanwhile, Bea has been approached by a bouncer. He's talking to her. She pouts at him, then flirts at him, then looks like she's getting angry at him.

Finally, he points to the bar, then to the door. She walks to the bar in a huff.

daelrog
2013-04-15, 10:55 PM
Shadows? Is this one of the four Lasmobra? I think Darling can recognize their faces.

Darling eyed the woman, trying to get a better look. Those shadows...

Acanous
2013-04-15, 11:00 PM
The shadows move about her like a subtle veil, accentuating her features for the benefit of the man talking to her. They do not help you identify her. you do not recognise this person.
She laughs at a joke or quip he told her, can't hear it under this music, and then she makes to go outside with him.

Bea is at the bar, venting about the bouncer to the bartender, and finishing her drink.

daelrog
2013-04-15, 11:13 PM
"Keep an eye on Beatrice, love. I'm going to make a new friend." Darling put a cigarette to her lips, unlit, and went to follow them outside. Hopefully the woman wasn't planning on going all the way home with the guy.

Acanous
2013-04-15, 11:18 PM
At first, it looks pretty bad. They're heading for a car. Luckilly, though, the car doesn't start. Looks like she's just looking for a quick meal, somewhere private. The car windows go very dark.
her percep+Alert: [roll0]. Her Stealth+Dex: [roll1] Luck roll: [roll2]

daelrog
2013-04-15, 11:26 PM
Creepy.

Darling waited, looking at her phone as if waiting for someone to call her, arms crossed, unlit cigarette hanging limply from her lips like she didn't give a damn if it was lit or not. She kept here eyes moving about, didn't want to stare at the car. Would've been almost as creepy as shadow-chick was. Still, better keep those thoughts to herself. Everyone had their own style, and she'd try to reserve her judgment... try.

She was idly curious if one or two people were going to step out of that car. Poor guy wasn't a friend of hers, made no difference if he was gone or not. Would make her have to play careful with the woman if she was a killer though. Then again, might make her that much better of a contact for it too.

Win-win either way. Well, or lose-lose. Darling couldn't decide.

Acanous
2013-04-15, 11:36 PM
About a minute passes, then she leaves the car.
Doesn't look any worse for the wear. The man appears unconsious in the back seat.

She starts walking off towards another car in the parking lot.

Surprisingly, you do get a call. Your phone rings, and the shadow-lady stops, turning around slowly to observe you.

It's Sadie, of course.
"Hey Darling, I think I'm too wiped to head to the club, been beating feet all day trying to set things up for us. If you need me, gimme a call, but I gotta crash."

daelrog
2013-04-16, 12:12 AM
"That's too bad to hear sweetie. You know Bea is gonna give you hell for it." Darling looked back at the woman and smiled. She let her fangs come out, but only a little, tapping it with a fingernail painted violet. "All good though, long as you celebrate with us after the gig. You did great setting it up girl, I know we'll kill it."

Acanous
2013-04-16, 12:24 AM
"Of course! Just harsh being up all night then working all day. Would love to hit the club, but you'd have to carry me. Have a great time, and I'll see you tomorrow night for rehersal."

The Shadow-lady definately caught sight of your fangs. She turns and continues off to her car, leaving you to your business and keeping hers.

What do you do now?

daelrog
2013-04-16, 12:35 AM
Typical. Kindred playing it safe all the time, leaving each other to their business. Darling could play that game too when she wanted. Only now, she didn't want to. She pulled out the cigarette and dropped it. She gave a loud, harsh whistle.

She then used the "Missing Voice", throwing her voice to where the woman could hear her as if she was standing right next to her. "Don't be a stranger. I've been looking for someone who might know where a girl like me can get connected, y'know?"

Missing voice is the first level power of Melpominee. No roll is necessary (it just makes it harder to do other actions).

Acanous
2013-04-16, 05:05 AM
Shadow lady jumps a bit when your voice comes out of her car, and stares at you for a couple seconds, considering. She waves a quick, sloppy salute and gets in her car, driving off. You figure she'll be back, probably next time she's hungry.

Well. That wasn't a total loss. At least it wasn't a screaming argument, nobody lost an eye, and you figure she might be cool with seeing you again.

The night is young, it's around 10PM. You've got 'til 2AM before the bar closes, and 3 when the club does. You could hang around this club waiting for other Kindred to show, or go stake out another one.

Or do anything else you like with your night. Your call.

daelrog
2013-04-16, 08:29 AM
Darling went back inside. No luck there, but worth the try. If another kindred popped up, she'd try again, otherwise she was intent to party it up with Beatrice and Rebecca until closing.

Acanous
2013-04-16, 05:01 PM
Luck rolls! [roll0] Dc 7
You head back in, and the party's in full swing. A couple of hours later, though, Bea is arguing with the bouncer again. This time one of the guys from the floor goes over to help her out.
1: [roll1]
2: [roll2]
He seems to be carrying his argument well, but the bouncer's having none of it.

Becca points out another possible Vampire, guy who looks a bit too pale. Looks like he could be a student.

He seems to be the kind to stick around for a while, though. If he's here to feed, he'll need the time- he doesn't seem to be much of a social butterfly. Probably a nerd before the embrace.

Acanous
2013-04-18, 11:19 PM
Something seems a bit off. A glimmer of light, a whiff on the air. Give me a perception+Alertness.

daelrog
2013-04-20, 11:23 PM
Perception + Alertness = 3 (+2 difficulty)
[roll0]

Darling makes her way over to him, not being as upfront as the last time, but getting close enough to where she can see if she can subtly catch his eye.

Acanous
2013-04-22, 04:22 PM
You catch his eye easilly enough.
You also smell smoke. Faintly, but it's there.
The pale student nods towards you, then makes for a more secluded spot than the dance floor.

daelrog
2013-04-29, 01:28 AM
She casually follows him, adding an extra swish to her hips as she moves, unconcerned about the smoke. "You look like the kind of guy who might know the city. Are you that kind of guy?" Pull on the strings of his pride, see if he dances.

Acanous
2013-04-29, 01:46 AM
He pulls out a handkerchief, making like he's cleaning his glasses, and making casual conversation with you.
"I know a thing or two." he says, appraising you quickly from the corner of his eye.
"You must be new in town. I'm Abe. Welcome to the party. What brings a girl like you to a city like this?"

daelrog
2013-04-29, 02:09 AM
Revenge.

"Straight to business? Doesn't fit the scenery, love." She stretched out lazily, the kind of lazy that was actually meant to make her look appealing, casual, without a care in the world. "Everyone needs a change of pace now and then. Hear there's opportunities here. Got a band with me, we're going to win some talent show in a few days at a new joint. Think you and your friends will be there?"

Acanous
2013-04-29, 02:18 AM
"If that's an invite, I'll make sure to show up."
He seems to relax a bit, then looks puzzled.
"Do you smell smoke?"

daelrog
2013-04-29, 02:22 AM
Darling shrugged. "Figure they're barbecuing out back, or maybe just a bunch of people getting baked." She moved closer. "Darling LaFluer." He extended her hand in a way for it to be kissed, not shook.

Acanous
2013-04-29, 02:28 AM
He takes and kisses your hand, with a wry grin.
"Well, pleasure to meet you, Darling. I just go by Abe for now, I'm not all that popular. You understand. But this isn't really my scene. Was just... hungry to try new things. So, how can I help you, and what's it going to cost me?"

daelrog
2013-04-29, 03:07 AM
Well, at least he was aware of himself. "Oh, just a little help so I can find the popular kids. In return, I am going to have a growing fan base. An easy meal when you want now and then, as long as you're not the kind that drinks too much from one cup. Have a reputation to keep y'know?"

She brushed a strand of hair out of her face. "Anything beyond that... well, that's your own risk "just Abe"."

Acanous
2013-04-29, 05:36 PM
"Oh, well that's quite the offer. I do believe I'll take you up on it. I don't have problems with switching dishes, but I do have a...refined taste.
Gotta know though, if you want to mix with the movers and shakers, which team you play for."

daelrog
2013-04-29, 07:00 PM
"My own." Darling flashed a dazzling smile, and at that moment used her powers on Abe, but only for a few moments, igniting the emotions inside him.

"As long as they don't hurt me or my girls, I can play one helluva show for just about anybody." She gave a wink. "I'll see you at the contest." She moved back into the crowd, ready to find the others and call it a night.

Going to use Awe on Abe at the same time she smiles, just briefly so as not to rise his suspicion. Make him think it was her smile, not a discipline that moved him.

Spend a willpower + charisma + performance = 8

[roll0]

Acanous
2013-04-29, 07:33 PM
Abe seems dazzled by the brilliance of your smile.
He can't seem to find his tongue until after you've taken off to find your friends.

It's easy enough to do so, as Bea is still over by the bar, and Becca has been keeping a line of sight to you, trying to look inconspicuous.

As you round up your group, though, you catch a glimpse of something from the rear exit.
Around the same time, someone ulls a fire alarm, and an ear-splitting ringing breaks out over the club.

There's a fire coming from the back end, the sprinklers don't seem to be working, and the mad rush for the front door is probably going to turn into a stampede.

Aren't you glad your bandmates have Fortitude.

You, however, need to make me a frenzy check due to the fire. (Or barrel out the door like a scared rabbit.)

daelrog
2013-04-29, 07:53 PM
Frenzy Check Difficulty ?

Courage = 4
[roll0]

Darling's normal demeanor disappears, her beast screams inside of her, and she desperately tries to get out.

Acanous
2013-04-29, 08:03 PM
Oh, boy. This is going to be...bloody.
[roll0]
The haze takes over. Darling blanks out as the Beast takes her away from the fire, and through anyone stupid enough to get between her and the exit.

You regain control outside, across the parking lot. Your bandmates are worriedly looking at you from about 10 feet away. The Fire Department has shown up and is dousing the flames. Trampled, dead bodies are visable near the exit, and you yourself seem to have blood on your boots, hands, and chest.

daelrog
2013-04-29, 08:10 PM
Bloody tears run down her cheeks. She knows what happened, or at least, can guess pretty well. "Never ask to become like me. Get me out of here... please."

I'm... going to say that probably deserves a humanity roll. Conscience = 4

[roll0]

Acanous
2013-04-29, 08:20 PM
"Right. Let's get going."
Becca goes to wrap you in a half-hug, while Bea runs interferance keeping your bloody visage from being spotted by firefighters, police or medical personnel- the latter two seem preoccupied with collecting witnesses and injured, respectively.

You manage to slip away, your humanity intact. This incident will probably haunt your dreams.

"C'mon Darling, let's get you home. That fire wasn't your fault. Place like that, one exit, was gonna be bad. I'm just glad we all made it out ok."

Becca seems preoccupied with driving, keeping her thoughts to herself.

daelrog
2013-04-29, 08:31 PM
Darling shivered, not from the cold, but from the feeling of blood on her skin. She didn't respond, listening to the song rapping inside her head, losing herself to its melody. If she didn't know better, she'd say the tune had become a requiem.

Acanous
2013-04-29, 08:48 PM
The drive home is otherwise uneventful. Becca goes in first to get you a change of clothes, so the hotel doesn't get any funny ideas.
Bea sits there holding you, and tries to be a comfort.

(Let me know if you want to just skip to the next day, or if you'd like to do anything else tonight.)

daelrog
2013-04-29, 08:49 PM
I think that's a good stopping point for the night.

Acanous
2013-04-29, 09:01 PM
Sure.

Lose one blood point, gain 4 XP.

Your dreams are troubled and dischordant, the rest of the dead holding little peace.
It is a welcome boon when the sun sets, and you slowly wake. Your room is empty, the band letting you wake on your own terms.

daelrog
2013-04-29, 09:23 PM
It wasn't a dream. Those were the first thoughts that went through Darling's mind. She looked to her right, at the mirror placed there. There was a dark red stain on her tattoo beneath her left eye, a little bit of dried blood that wasn't cleaned off, perhaps a tear she shed while she slept.

She muttered out a couple of profanities.

"Just Abe". She wondered if he made it out, would probably find out soon enough. He seemed all right, though not exactly her type. She hoped he hadn't seen her. Playing it cool all that time, wouldn't do her well to look like a frenzying monster right after.

The fire...

She rubbed her temples. Fires like that happened. Right? Just a coincidence. Just a coincidence. She had other people to avenge anyways. If the news came out that it was arson... well maybe she'd do something, maybe she wouldn't. She didn't know yet, didn't want to think about it.

The piercing ringing came to her ears, right on clue. A thrumming that head instinctively started bobbing to. She started singing "Firestarter" by the Prodigy as she put on her clothes for the evening. She had showered last night, several times. Trimmed her nails which had already grown back. Thank God for that. Her sire had told her of kindred who were embraced at the most inopportune times, one supposedly while she was in the middle of a haircut. Poor thing.

The blood.

Another few curses came from her lips. It reminded her of a conversation she had with Rebecca, a conversation that seemed to have been forever ago. Darling had to keep going, had to keep fighting until they were dust, all four of the monsters. After that... there was a choice she needed to make, whether she wanted to keep on moving, or wanted to give her final performance. Guess last night was a point for the latter.

She moved closer to the mirror, using her nail to scratch off the dried blood, before going out of the room to see if the others were there.

"Any of you all up for pizza, beer, and a ****ty romance movie?"

Acanous
2013-04-29, 09:40 PM
Surprisingly, all three of your friends are sitting around near the TV, lounging on Bea's fold-out couch/bed. They look serious, and a little depressed.

"Yeah, that sounds like a really good idea, actually. Double pepperoni and bacon for me."
"Jeez, Sadie, you eat like that and we'll have to rename the band 'Pilsbury doughgirls'
"Hey, it's been a long day, and we got lots of cardio. I'm entitled to a little indulgence."
"I'm with Sadie on this one. Can we get Stuffed Crust?"

The pizza argument is really one that you've got no stake in, so they resolve it quickly with a vote, though Becca still insists on a vegitarian pizza that PRETENDS to be healthy.

"So, we can order a movie right to the TV from here. Any preference?"
"We should probably tell her about the police."
"Save it for AFTER the movie. Don't need the stress right now, I think."

daelrog
2013-04-29, 09:48 PM
Police? "Police? Better tell me now." Darling's mood is the same as the rest of them, serious and depressed.

Acanous
2013-04-29, 09:54 PM
"The police were looking around for people who'd been in the club last night, to ask some questions. Well, turns out the bouncer remembered Bea pretty well and tipped 'em off."
Bea looks like she's about to shoot Sadie a Raspberry, but Becca silences her with a look.
"Anyway. They knew three of us were there, so I filled in for you. The cops stopped by, asked a few questions. Nothing major. I mean, we're not in any trouble or anything. I don't think anyone's being charged for the stampede out the door, except the club. They're closed and being sued. Seventeen dead, twenty two wounded. Not good.
They wanted to know a few things. Any enemies, if we'd heard anything, if we're connected to any gangs. I busted out our Itinerary and we got a walk. A band from Quebec might inspire a few idiot yokels to do stupid things, but we pretty obviously weren't involved."

"Yeah. Said it was probably a turf war thing, drug dealers or asian gangs. News said it's definately arson, but they're still looking for suspects."

daelrog
2013-04-29, 10:02 PM
Darling made a tch sound, a sound the others knew too well, one that meant Darling was pissed. "Yeah, figures." Seventeen? "Hope they catch them before I get wind of who it was."

She sat down. "My vote's to watch someone's life who sucks more than ours. Screw happy endings."

Next time she smelled smoke, she'd not brush it off.

Acanous
2013-04-29, 10:29 PM
That decided, the four of you sit back and browse movies for about ten minutes.
The selection isn't great, but then again there hasn't been anything released lately that'd fit the bill. Few months and Kickass 2, but 'til then...

Your band manages to pull through by cracking wise through the film, MST3K style. The Pizza is consumed somewhere during the film, leaving a mess and three very sated girls.
You, however, are still kinda hungry.
Tomorrow would fix that of course, plenty of fans gonna be at the venue. Or you could go hunting tonight. Just in case.

daelrog
2013-04-29, 10:42 PM
Darling gets up happy at the site of her three friends, and seeing the pizza do more for them more than words ever could.

"Going to take a quick stroll around the block. Be back in a few."

Let's say Streetwise (2) + Charisma (4) + Herd (3)? Basically Darling will look for a place she thinks she might have a fan or two at, hence the streetwise. Try to use her personality, invite them to the contest. Will aim to get two vessels, drawing two blood points from each to put her at 11, her maximum.

[roll0]

Acanous
2013-04-29, 10:47 PM
Trolling the hotel bar, you do find one fan, who seems more impressed by your looks and charisma than the invite to the bar.
Inviting him up to meet the band, he's pretty excited, and asks if his buddy (Who is not a fan and has never heard of you) can come along.

Being that you wanted two in the first place, that seems right up your alley.

You gain the blood points from him for free, and can get the ones from his friend with Presence or some in-character roleplay.

daelrog
2013-04-29, 10:53 PM
Roleplay!

The girls had distracted the friend while she gave the fan a remembrance hicky. She gave her smile at the non-fan. "So your buddy says you don't know about the Indigo Heart Conspiracy yet." She made close to a purring sound. "So tell me, what kind of music are you into?"

Acanous
2013-04-29, 10:58 PM
The poor guy has been distracted by your bandmates alright. Bea has his cowboy hat, and Sadie is pouring him another beer. Becca was talking to him when you got back.

"Oh. I like a lot of different stuff, but most of my friends bug me about how I love Country, so I guess that's me. I don't really know much about music, I just know hat I like. Y'know?"
He looks a little embarassed. Wearing blue jeans and a muscleshirt at a hotel bar with n old buddy, he really did not expect to be picked up by a band.

daelrog
2013-04-29, 11:12 PM
She took a seat next to him. "That's the best answer a person can give. Trust me, just enjoy the music, don't worry about knowing all the genres, the band names, all that stuff that the in-crowd likes to talk about." Her eyes glint with a hint of mischief. "Hey, can I tell you a secret?"

Acanous
2013-04-29, 11:16 PM
He seems a little relaxed, though he's probably trying to shake the suspicion that he's being pandered to by professionals who just don't want him to have a crappy time.
"Sure."
He leans a bit forwards, raising an eyebrow.

daelrog
2013-04-29, 11:21 PM
Darling moves her head to whisper into his ear. "Beatrice would love you forever if you let her keep the hat." As she let's him consider the words, her lips move down to his neck line, ready to take a bite. The others know the routine, make sure the guy is enjoying himself, not putting two plus two together.

Acanous
2013-04-29, 11:29 PM
He chuckles, slapping his forehead. "Sure, hon. You can keep the hat. 'course, round here, folks are going to assume you slept with me for it. If you're fine with that, I won't tell."
Bea shoots him little pistols with her hands, with a look halfway between being coy and schadenfreude at someone about to get his for a crappy joke.

As you sink into him, he's overwhelmed by the sudden sensory input, the extacy taking hold of him as his limbs twitch. Your band hold him quickly, familiar with the process.

Vital fluid rushes into your mouth like liquid music, carrying with it a sense of belonging and a decent buzz, besides. (He was on his 6th :p)

As you finish up, he appears to still be consious, although a little blissed out and more drunk now that there's less blood in his system.

"....whoa..."

daelrog
2013-04-29, 11:36 PM
"Indigo Heart Conspiracy, or IHC for your friends who prefer simple words. Spread it around." Darling gives a playful look to Bea. "You totally need to make out with this guy. He just gave you his hat, and I know how much you like hats."

Actually, it wasn't just hats. Beatrice liked getting stuff off of other people without having to dish out any cash, period. Hats, shirts, shoes, an occasional wallet.

Being well fed, it's one thing Darling's sire impressed upon her. Don't get lazy cause you never knew what the next night would bring. Now she could focus purely on the music tomorrow, not worrying about feeding, at least not until they were doing a victory celebration bar hopping.

Acanous
2013-04-29, 11:44 PM
Bea gives you a wry look. The kind that says "If you wanted me to get him hot and bothered, you could have fed afterwards". He'll be pretty useless after losing that much blood.

Still, she does like a good girl and gives him a treat.
Afterwards, his friend from earlier helps him back to his room.

(Any other actions tonight?)

daelrog
2013-04-30, 12:15 AM
Darling is done for the night. She's well fed, their spirits are a little higher after the disaster the night before, and Darling even got to play on of her favorite past times: get Beatrice to make out with a decent guy. It was an ongoing bet between Rebecca and Darling, but mostly Darling. The Daughter of Cacophony believed that if Bea kissed enough guys who weren't completes *****, she'd get a taste for them.

Even if Becca had never actually 'agreed' to the bet, Darling wanted her fifty bucks if it ever worked.

Only other thing for Darling to do was lay everything out nice and neat for tomorrow.

Acanous
2013-04-30, 12:23 AM
Gain 1 XP and lose 1 BP.

The next night, your band wakes you up, all three of them looking like gorgeous rock stars dressed in sex and leather.
Sadie in particular looks giddy enough to push the van there, if needed, and it's contageous.

The drive is otherwise uneventful, though you hear on the van's radio that the whole thing is being broadcast live from the club.

Then you arrive. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281417)
(This' gonna be a group thing. Use that thread to continue, and this one for anything private. Enjoy ;) )

daelrog
2013-04-30, 12:29 AM
Oh great, the Sabbat's here. I think Darling's luck with clubs isn't going to be improving.:smallyuk:

One the way over Darling took the extra mile herself. Sheh ad become a pro at getting herself prettied up in a moving van, given how often they'd been rushed before from the moment she woke up, to when they needed to be at a gig.

Her own outfit was as the others, leather, sex, and she had highlighted her hair to be even more fiery than usual, as if red-pink flames were coming from her hair. She was as excited as the others.

Acanous
2013-05-01, 07:00 PM
Sadie takes the cheque and puts it in her purse.
"So, am I the designated driver tonight? Can Darling even fail a brethalyzer?"
Bea and Becca are already packing things into the van through the back door. It wasn't too hard, since you all got your things ready to move the second you ere off the stage.

daelrog
2013-05-01, 07:06 PM
"No, you are partying it up with us Sadie." Darling snatched the keys. "We'll find a cute guy, or even a not-very-cute guy to be our chauffeur, and if not, we'll take a taxi."

Can I also get a WP point back for winning the contest? I think it fits the Rogue nature pretty well.

Acanous
2013-05-01, 07:39 PM
Sure. You can have a WP.
"Aww yeah. Let's hit it up!"
You ake for the Roadhouse, and the bouncer lets the four of you in easy. The place isn't as packed as the Rabbit Hole was, given that it's a Wednesday and not a grand opening.
Upon entering, you find out Tuesday was Ladies' Night, so you Juuuust missed out on male dancers. Bea pouts a little, but perks right back up again as she hits the bar. Waving to some of the cuter boys in the place in the hopes of fishing up a few free drinks.

Becca lets her hair down and has some fun, too, now that the imminent danger seems to have passed.
What do you do?

daelrog
2013-05-01, 08:00 PM
Darling only has a slight accent, but for this place she's letting the French part of her come up in full swing, over-the-top, French maid style. She sticks near Bea, at least at first. "Oh my, Beatrice! You have called over all these dangerous types, what are two innocent girls from Paris to do?"

Acanous
2013-05-01, 08:07 PM
Well, it certianly doesn't take long for you to get noticed. You're both bought a round by a table with three guys at it, one wearing a plaid shirt and jeans with a ballcap, one overweight with brown hair and a beard, and the third a tall fellow with glasses and short-cropped dirty blonde hair.
"Woo! Free drinks. I love it when it's free. What are you gonna do with yours, Darling?"

daelrog
2013-05-01, 08:19 PM
Darling offered a knowing smile. Still using her thick accent, she replied, "Oh Beatrice, surely I am sooo drunk already. I will have to give this beer to my friend here, and kiss him while he drinks it!"

She slinks over to the nearest guy, pretty much sitting on him, as she hopes to poor the beer down for him to chug while she gives him a "hicky".

Appearance + Performance

[roll0]

Will try to get one blood point. She feed first, but then just do normal kissing as he finishes the drink.

Acanous
2013-05-01, 08:25 PM
You get your point, he moans with pleasure and sputters a bit as he coughs through chugging the beer.
Bea claps. "Oh, such a performance! You'll make the dancers jealous."
Meanwhile, Becca is being chatted up by someone tall and rather attractive. Looks like she's flirting back. Sadie has hit the bar with the two of you, and seems content to heckle quietly at the dancers 'til someone makes a move on her.

daelrog
2013-05-01, 08:31 PM
Darling slinks off the guy. She had never told the other girls, not even Becca, how amazing drinking blood, or vitae as her sire called it, was. It was like heaven, or maybe a sweet, seductive Hell. It was her secret from them, she didn't know if she could describe it without drooling, and she didn't want the others to get the wrong idea.

She reached over and tugged on the shirts of two guys who seemed to be interested in Bea, but who were clearly underdogs in that race. She let her real voice slip in a bit. "I am going to teach you two fine men a thing about women." She tugged them over to where Sadie was. "You two are going to fight over which one of you gets to buy her the first drink."

Acanous
2013-05-01, 08:43 PM
At that, Sadie blushes, a little speechless for once.
"Oh, I didn't know she was interested. What do you drink, m'lady?"
"Hey now, if we're supposed to fight over it, I think we should do a game of darts."

The tall, attractive guy is now sitting close to Becca, and she giggles at some joke he told.
Sadie perks up and watches the two guys go over to a dartboard, and gives you a small wink and thumbsup as form of thanks.

Bea has meandered over to the table with the guys hwo bought her free drinks. She's a total pro at working the crowd, having them all interested enough to shell out a little more without pouring too much favor on any one of them.

daelrog
2013-05-01, 08:52 PM
Which bar is next on the itinerary? Not that they're about to leave, but if they get some guys tagging along, it's a different situation to tell them they're going from a rock bar to a country bar, than it is telling them they're going form a rock bar to a gay bar.

Darling slid her finger across a drunken shot glass, taking the small bit of alcohol on it, and pressing it to her lips. It was those subtle things, claims of pre-gaming, being around other people when they drank, simply smelling of the gin she just applied to herself, to put down any suspicions. She'd try to find one more person to feed off of, wait to find someone really hammered.

She took the moment to check out Becca's new friend. Sadie was a good person, and a lot of fun when you cracked the service. Bea... a lot of guys liked Bea. Becca on the other hand... Becca was gorgeous and Darling had always been a tad jealous of that. She gave a once over on the guy she was talking to.

Perception + Empathy. Trying to get a general impression of the guy. The usual +2 difficulty

[roll0]

Acanous
2013-05-01, 09:01 PM
Next stop on your listed itinerary was the gay bar, but you can go in reverse order without much trouble.
Sadie and Bea could easily talk some of the guys into following along, but getting more guys than girls might cause problems later.

The guy with Becca... something seems off about him. He's too slick, too practiced at this. He uses his looks like a weapon, and seems to be a little distanced from himself emotionally.
Still, he's a guy who knows he looks good, obviously has money and good taste to go with it, and he's apparently interested in Becca.
She, being in the spotlight of his attention and not watching from the sidelines, obviously has no inkling that anything is amiss.

daelrog
2013-05-01, 09:10 PM
At that moment Darling didn't have any jealousy. She moved over to them to do her 1-2-3 check to see if he was a kindred. In about a year of unlife, and close to that being with the band, she had only caught one kindred in Montreal, and unsurprisingly, he had been eyeing Bea. Later found out the poor guy was just a Caitiff, and according to him was only just going to have a small taste. Still, the girls were off the menu to any kindred.

She walked over letting her hand brush up against the man's skin. One: Is his skin cold? She leaned her head in front of him. Two: Is he breathing? She smiled. "Becca, what's the name of this delicious boy who found you?" Three: How sharp do his fangs look?

Acanous
2013-05-01, 09:18 PM
"Oh, This is my bandmate Darling. She's our lead singer. Darling, this is Aiden. He's a investment banker."
Looks pretty well-built for an investment banker.

His skin is not warm. He seems to be breathing, but that could be because he's also speaking regularly. This close to his mouth, you don't see any fangs, but his teeth do look impeccably white and well cared for.

When you touch him, though, he looks at you like it was a personal affront. He covers it up quickly, but you can definately see this man does not like his personal space invaded.
"Quite right. I work at Pricewaterhouse Coopers, managing investments and hedge funds. Was taking the time here to relax, since I don't get many opportunities on the weekend. Rebecca looks like she knows how to unwind, though, so I thought I'd introduce myself."

daelrog
2013-05-01, 09:36 PM
Well, if he was a kindred, he was competent enough not to make it obvious, unlike that idiot kid from Montreal that might as well have been wearing a black cape and wearing red contact lenses the way he acted. Darling pretended not to notice the man's affront to being touched.

Another blue blood perhaps? She had gotten a lot of good information about Calgary when they had stopped in Winnepeg, including how rich and well connected they were here. "Oh, I think this one's a winner. I'm sure he has all sorts of interesting stories about his business ventrues... ahem, I mean ventures. I'm drinking too much." She started to move away to leave the two be. "Come with us to Twisted Element Aiden, we'll hit it up after Sadie's gotten a drink from each of her knights in shining armor."

Darling looked around for a particularly drunk guy, perhaps one of the ones around Bea.

Another perception + alertness
[roll0]

Acanous
2013-05-01, 10:11 PM
The guys on Bea don't appear very drunk.
"Why, certainly. I didn't know you swung that way. I'll have a few of my associates get us a limo."
He makes eye contact with someone near the door, then texts a message off on his Blackberry.
Sadie seems to really be enjoying having the attention centered on her. She's starting to warm up to the guys playing darts, sitting on the side of an empty pool table and watching with a twinkle in her eye and a full drink in hand.

daelrog
2013-05-01, 10:21 PM
She offered a mischievous look. "I'm into wherever the action's at." She looked on approvingly towards Sadie. "We'll head out of here in thirty." She left Becca and Aiden to continue their flirting. Darling would have to find a time later in the night to talk to Aiden alone, or to get a better feel for him. She'd be doing the same for any guy who Becca liked, as protective as Darling was, the fact he might be a blood sucker just one more thing to check.

Not seeing anyone as hammered as she wanted, she chatted with the bartender, waiting for Sadie to have her fun here, and seeing if one of the two seemed promising enough to bring along on the next leg of their victory tour.

Acanous
2013-05-01, 10:26 PM
Bea nods at you. "Kaaay~!"
The victor of the darts buys Sadie a drink, and the two of them start chatting it up. Sadie's in a good mood, and looks like she's pretty happy with her current prospect.
Becca is hanging on this Aiden guy, she's really starting to look like she's got it for him. When you next make your round, she tears herself away from him with obvious discomfort. He heads out, probably to get that Limo ready.
"Damn, Rich, young, AND good looking. I didn't think they made them like that anymore. I should probably check if he's married..."

daelrog
2013-05-01, 10:37 PM
"Need to check to see if he does the night shift at his job too. His arm was a bit cool to the touch." "Doing the night shift" was another of their codes that meant vampire. She didn't want to upset Rebecca, not when there was a good chance he was a good guy. "But if he does the day shift, and there's no tan line on his ring finger... I say get your claws into that one, rawr." She made a clawing motion with her hand for emphasis, being playful about it.

She moved over to Sadie. "Bring him along." She referred to the winner of the dart game.

She went to the bartender, putting down a twenty dollar bill. "Here's a parking fee for our van, we'll pick it up tomorrow. We'll be hitting this place up again, soon."

Acanous
2013-05-01, 10:48 PM
The Bartender takes your Twenty.
"Try to pick it up before eight."
When you and your crew go outside, there's a double wide stretch limo waiting. Aiden's inside, sitting at the far end. He's got a drink in hand, something clear. He finishes it up and dabs his mouth with a handkerchief.
"Pile on in, everyone. We've got plenty of room."
He gestures towards Becca, and pats the leather seat beside him. She heads on over with a wink towards you.
Bea is floating on male attention and whiskey. She doesn't bring anyone along, but she's got a big sloppy smile on.
Sadie brings her boy, who actually has no idea that Twisted is a gay bar. Poor guy. He's gonna get his mind blown.

The ride over takes about 10 minutes, and the lighting in the limo shifts blue/green/yellow/orange/red/purple/repeat. It's kind of a novel experience.

daelrog
2013-05-01, 10:56 PM
"See Sadie? Told you we'd get a chauffeur, just didn't know we'd get a real one!" Darling gave a much softer look at Aiden. She knew Becca wanted this to be a winner, and truth be told, she did too. "Aiden, you should see if any of your other friends want to meet us at the Rancher. It's our last stop after Twisted Element. You can't be the only rich, handsome guy who works for Pricewaterhouse Coopers."

Acanous
2013-05-01, 11:01 PM
"Hmmm... I think I know a guy or two who could use a night off. How do you feel about doctors?"
He takes out his Blackberry, which causes Becca to pout a little as his attention shifts, and types out a quick text message.

daelrog
2013-05-01, 11:40 PM
Darling would have to thank Becca for always looking out for her. Having the shoe on the other foot sucked. Darling told her plain as day to make sure this guy wasn't a vampire, but he could sink his fangs into her right now, and she'd still think he was Mr. Perfect.

"I find them tasty."

Acanous
2013-05-01, 11:55 PM
He chuckles. "Alright. I've sent a text for a friend of mine to meet us at the Ranchman's in half an hour. That enough time to get your groove on?"
Becca positively cuddles up to him, apparently seeing something she likes.
"Half an hour should be plenty of time, so long as tey have something to eat. We haven't had anything since like, six. I'm half starved."
"Ranchmans does have a resturaunt. I'll call ahead and have them cook you up something before they close. How do you like your steak?"
He seems to be asking everyone.
"Rare for me! I like it still bleeding."
"Medium for me. If it's not too much trouble."
"You're the expert, I'm from out of town, and Alberta is the Steak capital, right? Surprise me."
"Medium well here, how much do I owe you?"
"Hey, this is supposed to be a night to relax. I'll get the tab. Not the drinks, mind."
Bea immediately improves HER opinion of this guy a solid two notches.
He looks at you expectantly.

daelrog
2013-05-02, 12:03 AM
"Steak sounds awful nice, but I'm on a beer and gin diet." He smiles it off, and though her head moves to the side, her eyes stays on him looking for any sort of recognition from him. Just show a photo of you buying a new car in broad daylight last week, or show us your damned fangs. Darling was getting annoyed at not knowing. She'd find out by Ranchers at least.

Acanous
2013-05-02, 12:14 AM
"That's really not healthy. You sure I can't interest you in something to save your liver? Drinking on empty is a bad plan."
He finishes fiddling with his blackberry, looks at you, his hand on the "Send" button.
(Wits+Etiquette to get you out of this :p)
You pull into Twisted Elements, the music making it a little beyond the door. The bounder looks like he could bench press Aiden, and look good doing it.
Inside the club, there's a bar, a nearby lounge, a raised dance floor, and towards the back you see an old freight elevator. Looks like there's only two bathrooms, and they seem to be constantly full. Place is decently packed for this time of week.
The bartender is shirtless and sports a mohawk. He's wearing leather chaps.

daelrog
2013-05-02, 12:30 AM
Wits + Etiquette = 5
[roll0]

I'll edit my post accordingly whether she fails this or not.

EDIT: No good comeback this time. :smallyuk:

Bastard. Darling moves her eyes off of Aiden, and just keeps looking out the window awkwardly like nothing had happened.

When they get inside, Darling goes to the dance floor, quickly. She wants to blow off some steam from the embarrassment in the limbo, and her fun bar crawl turning into a detective's case. She throws herself into the music trying to temporarily forget everything else.

Acanous
2013-05-02, 12:36 AM
(Definately a fail, 1+9 and highest after a 4.)
I know right? How DARE he ask if you'd like free food from one of the better steakhouses :p
You dance away the time, and Aiden seems to use it to schmooze with Becca a little more.
(Wits+Alertness to notice something that just perception shouldn't cover)

daelrog
2013-05-02, 12:48 AM
The fact that Aiden acted perfectly reasonable only makes it more annoying. Darling IS fickle after all.

Wits + Alertness = 5
[roll0]

Darling throws her head side to side, waiting to see if anyone, probably a chick given the place, starts to dance with her. She could still use a little more blood to make up for what she used to get the crowd going, and for getting Bea's dumb ass out of an X rated film.

Acanous
2013-05-02, 12:58 AM
You notice that at first, Aiden is being constantly approached, but after a few minutes, people start giving him a berth.

Being that you ARE very attractive, it isn't long before you're approached by a girl wearing full-body fishnets. She's a little chubby, but not in a bad way. Fills out her face. She'd look like a warm and friendly person if not for the black makeup.
"Hey there, never seen you around here before. I'm Faye, what's your name?"

daelrog
2013-05-02, 01:07 AM
"Darling." She smiled sweetly at the girl. "With some friends here for the dancing, want to join me?"

Expression + Charisma to let the girl know she was here to dance and was willing to dance with Faye, but not hook up.

[roll0]

Acanous
2013-05-02, 01:22 AM
She leans back, a little offput for a second. "Ah hell. If you can make me look good out there, why not." She winks, and leads you to the dance floor.

(Let me know when you want to progress to the next scene, you're in proactive PC land. Nobody's going to screw with you here.)

daelrog
2013-05-02, 01:28 AM
Darling will have a fun, clean time dancing with Feye. If Feye seems drunk (which it doesn't so far), Darling will give her a little treat after and try to get a blood point. If not drunk, Darling will leave by telling Feye to check of IHC sometime.

Darling will spend as much of her time at Twisted Element dancing, so once that's over, it's onto Ranchers and an awkward late dinner, or early breakfast depending on one's opinion.

Acanous
2013-05-02, 01:31 AM
You spend a solid half-hour dancing before Faye gets tired and needs to go sit down and grab a drink.
Aiden walks over to you after that.
"We'd better get going, our steaks will be ready for us, and we really don't want them to get cold. Place will be closing in fourty-five."
He's got Becca on his arm, and she DOES look kinda hungry.

daelrog
2013-05-02, 01:34 AM
"Lead the way."

Acanous
2013-05-02, 01:55 AM
Lead he does. Out of the club, back to the limo, and over to the Ranchmans, Becca on him the whole way. She sneaks over to you before leaving to whisper "No ring!"
You get to the Ranchman's, and the valet lets you out. Your group is the only one going IN, while everyone else is leaving.
When you enter, you're escorted by staff to the west stage and dance floor, which is ringed by tables. One is already set for your group, with food in place.
Aiden pulls out a chair for Becca, and inclines his head for you and Sadie to sit nearby. Bea is, of course, enamored with the other male company, and grabbing a seat inbetween them.

Your keen detective skills notice that Aiden has a small steak, rare, and mashed potatoes smothered in gravy. He's also got a bottle of wine, unopened.

daelrog
2013-05-02, 02:09 AM
Either Aiden was a kindred, or God was cruel, with the latter taking the lead. "So Aiden, which one here's the Doctor?" She looked at the new arrivals with her own hungry look. Her eyes then moved on the unopened wine bottle, and the gravy. Bingo.

Acanous
2013-05-02, 02:18 AM
"He should be along shortly. If not, his loss." Aiden checks his phone before putting it away.
"So, dig in! Who wants wine? It's my personal favorite, from my private cellar."
The bottle is red, and the contents look almost black as he pops the cork, looking you all over, showing his offered wine with apparent pride.

daelrog
2013-05-02, 02:31 AM
"I have an interesting thought, Mister Aiden. Why don't the two of us share the first drink. I'm the leader of the band, and you're the leader of what's become a great victory celebration for IHC." This would settle it. If she could drink it, it would be blood, and she had the sense that she'd start to like someone... a lot, an acceptable risk. If it was wine, she'd have a sip, and whatever loss of face she had would be made up by Becca finding a 10/10.

Acanous
2013-05-02, 02:40 AM
"Certainly, my dear. A toast, then, to your success."
He pours your glass first, the liquid briefly staining the glass before settling.
He holds his up to the light a moment, and sniffs it.
"Ah good, this should do quite nicely."
You lift it to your lips, and it SMELLS like alcohol. Fruity, with a hint of oak and something else...
As it touches your lips, you expect it to taste like ash, but no, it tastes...delicious. Very good. VERY good. Better than blood, and that's saying something. You're probably making an ass of yourself chugging it (Self Control), but part of you really doesn't care.
(Congrats. He's a Vampire, and you just drank some of his magically preserved Vitae.)

daelrog
2013-05-02, 02:42 AM
Self Control

[roll0]

Once again, I'll edit the post depending on how it goes.

EDIT: Personally, I thought it would be funnier if she chugged it.

She breathed out with an audible ah! sound as she finished it. "Good stuff Aiden." He was lucky it was his blood, or else she'd have jumped over the table and ripped off that pretty face of his. Still, suddenly thinking he was a fun guy wasn't enough to suddenly hand over her best friend to be his meal.

Darling looked at Rebecca with her most sympathetic look, with a slight headshake, not that she probably had to given how she was able to down the drink. I'm sooo sorry Becca, you're not going to be able to trust any man for months now. That thought went through her mind as she started to speak. "Aiden... Aiden! You're a good guy, you know that, but I think this stuff's a little flat for the others. I gotta say, I was trying to figure you out the whole night, and throwing you some clues here and there too to see if you bit! You and me. You see, we're kindred spirits. From the same cloth. So let's leave this old vintage between you and me, okay Aiden? My girls don't need to drink this too. And man... this stuff is really strong, friend, really strong. I'm protective over my girls and don't want them to get their minds turned upside down by this stuff. Say, I had a business question to ask you, and I don't want to bore the others. Let's go chat to the side while the others work on their meals, all right?"

Acanous
2013-05-02, 03:04 AM
"Ohh, I see. Well, alright then. I won't be long, dear." he pats Becca's arm. she looks crestfallen when you shake your head.
Sadie, however, misses the play between you and Becca, occupied with her date for the night, but she perks up when she hears you'll be discussing business with this wealthy banker. She gives you double thumbs-up before going back to her meal and her date.

daelrog
2013-05-02, 03:26 AM
Oh my God, Sadie. We need to get you guys more often. At least Sadie was in good enough spirits to get laid tonight, so there was that victory.

Darling made a point to grab the bottle with a "Zoink" and a playful laugh, as she brought the bottle with her.

When they were somewhere private she meant to shove him with a scowl on her face, but instead it turned into a lopsided smile, and a friendly nudge due to the blood bond now on her. She tried to compose herself, but the smile came back. "All right, Aiden, you're going to listen, and not say a word until I tell you. Got it? Got it." She pointed a deliberate finger at his face sternly, but then the finger, then the hand, then her hole arm went limp to her side. "My sire told me never drink another kindred's blood, she never said how good, wait I mean bad... good, bad, whatever, it would be. I mean come on, buddy! I even let slip 'Ventrue' instead of 'venture'. But it's okay, it's okay. You're good." For a moment her eyes shot to him giving him a dirty look, as Becca's crestfallen face came to mind. "I hope you know Becca's not just my ghoul, she happens to be my best friend. As much as I like you right now, I'm pretty hurt y'know? Not as hurt as she is now though." The smile started coming back. "Here, let's make a deal. I'm new in town, and I've been having a damn hard time getting connected. I know I'm supposed to announce myself or whatever, and you're going to help me do it, cause you're an amazing guy. And then, you're going to leave my girls alone. No giving them your blood, no drinking their blood, no pulling on their heart strings. It's all good, you didn't know before, you do now. Thirdly, I want you to tell me what you know about a group of Lasombra that came here recently. Sh sh sh." She put her finger to his lip. "Just our little secret. Those are scary kindred, I know. So we'll keep that between us."

She stepped away. "Aaaaand, in return you get to finance the next biggest band to hit Calgary, hell maybe all Canada! It'll be fun, just think about it. We just killed it tonight, won a big contest that'll be all over the radio tomorrow. We'll have fans, and music, and more fans, and some fans on top of that. Young people smoking pot and drinking beer, sounds like a perfect buffet for kindred. No killing my fans though." She gave one last nod to herself. "All right, you can speak now Aiden."

Ah the rogue at heart. For giving her three favors, he gets to do her another favor! If she wasn't first step blood bonded she'd be cursing up a storm and threatening to tear him limb from limb.

Expression + manipulation
[roll0]

Acanous
2013-05-02, 03:37 AM
He stands stoically as you begin your tirade.
Then he cracks a grin.
When you mention he's going to help you get announced, [roll0] he cracks up laughing. He's not SAYING anything, but he just couldn't hold it in anymore.
You can see something dancing in his eyes. Rage? Indignance? Genuine amusement? Hard to say. Then you finish your tirade, and tell him he can speak, and he holds up a hand.
"Give... Give me a moment. I need... Need to compose myself for this. I have to savor it, haven't felt like this in years."
Clearing his throat, he takes a couple breaths, stands up straight, and puts his hands behind his back.
"Alright, Darling. Who is your Sire, and what city do you hail from?"

daelrog
2013-05-02, 03:49 AM
Darling straightens up herself to act proper, not to mock him, but to match the mood and give respect to the professionalism of the moment. That... and well, he looked good all standing up straight like that, maybe it'd work for her too.

"My sire goes by Ophania Starlet. She moves between Montreal and Quebec City, she embraced me in the former. If you want to follow up on it, most the other kindred refer to her as the "Fat Lady" behind her back." Darling didn't care for that nickname because she knew how upset it made her sire, but really she was pretty darn big, and she fit the saying "when the fat lady sings" to a tee. Ask for Ophania Starlet and one might get a few people saying the name sound familiar. Say 'the Fat Lady' and light bulbs would go off in those two cities.

Acanous
2013-05-02, 03:59 AM
"Alright, Darling. Do you swear to uphold the Masquerade, to account for your actions, to sire none without permission, and forswear destroying others of the blood while in this city?"
(Wits+Etiquette if you want to know what he's up to)

daelrog
2013-05-02, 04:02 AM
I'm guessing this might be the Prince. Let's see if this is what Darling thinks too.

[roll0]

Darling playfully, yet dutifully raised her right hand. "I swear to all of it."

Acanous
2013-05-02, 04:08 AM
He extends his left hand (You're supposed to kiss it)
"Then welcome to my city, Darling. I'm Aiden Locke, the Prince. I believe you were looking for me?"
(Check the setting info on the first page of recruitment or OOC, I am not making this up, he was the Prince all along)

daelrog
2013-05-02, 04:25 AM
*Slaps forehead* Yeah, I totally missed that.

Darling's jaw drops, but she catches it before it goes down to far, and then promptly closes it back up. She leans forward and gives his left hand a good, non-sexual, yet full, kiss. She starts to chuckle herself. Having met the Prince in person, and the opportunities it can bring, has made how upset she was about the whole thing go away mostly. "Well, Prince... I'll say you know how to pick them. Becca's a special one." She changed the conversation topic quickly. "Well, glad I could give you a feeling you haven't felt in years, hope it was a compliment. So yeah, my girls and I won the contest that happened over at The Rabbit Hole earlier tonight, should bring in a lot of fans. One of our originals is Palin likes Twilight... Twilight's some romance about vampires that sparkle in the sun, basically laughing off the whole excitement going on down there. I'll play it a few extra times just for you, keep our city laughing rumors of vampires off." Saying "our" city wasn't a slip of the tongue. "And here I thought you were some up and coming star, not the head honcho. Hope none of my requests offended you..." She gave him a doughy eyed look. "Still would love a financial backer though, help a few poor, beautiful girls out?"

She's not trying to manipulate the Prince this time. The doughy eyed look is suppose to charm him with her fake innocence, not make him believe she's so.

Charisma + Expression (I've decided that her specialty in expression will be asking for favors, if that's acceptable)

[roll0]

Acanous
2013-05-02, 04:36 AM
"I'll see what I can do. Now, let's get back to our table. Wouldn't do to keep your friend waiting on me, that's horrible manners."
He starts walking back to the table, letting you follow behind.

"So I was just saying to Darling, wouldn't it be nice if I could sponsor you girls to open for the Motley Crue concert at the Saddledome next week. She figured you'd all want to vote on it, and of course I want to hear your thoughts" he says to Becca. "So, is that your style? Or would you like to try something different?"
That said, he pulls out your seat for you, then seats himself.

daelrog
2013-05-02, 04:43 AM
Darling left the bottle of wine with the Prince's blood behind. She didn't want anyone near it. As she sat down, her mind called out. I hope you remember I told you not to pull on her heart strings any more Aiden, buddy."

If Becca looked Darling's way, she would nod in ascent to what the Prince said very calmly. It was walking on thin ice, and Darling knew she was being a lousy best friend. A true best friend would throw away the offer, call the guy an *******, and leave with one arms wrapped around her best friend for comfort, the other giving the guy the bird. Only this wasn't a guy, this was the bloody Prince of the city, and Darling wanted his help to get to her enemies. She silently kicked herself for tipping her hat about the Lasombra to the boss, but he seemed amiable enough, and what was done was done. Well, that and Darling was still high on his blood.

She let the others vote.

Acanous
2013-05-02, 04:54 AM
"Hey, exposure's exposure, and the Crue is a classic, even if they don't do the same sort of music we do. Hell, we'll stick better with the fans if we're different than the main act, and holycrap we could be playing a freaking concert. I'm for it."
"We just did a gig, we're good for cash for a while, and we've got other things to worry about, right? Can't get too star struck. It's a great offer, but I think maybe we should sit on it for a little, if it's not time-limited."
"Well..." Becca looks from Aiden to you, back to Aiden. "If Darling thinks it's OK, and Aiden seems like a great guy-" She gushes a little right there. Damn, she's got it bad. "So why shouldn't we? Can't hurt."

Looks like 2/1 for.

daelrog
2013-05-02, 05:03 AM
Just to clarify, when you say Becca gushes, did you mean she's acting lovestruck, or was crying? I think you mean the former.

Darling nodded in agreement. "We got a show for next week then." She gave Beatrice a look that said they could talk later about it. "Hey Aiden, I think I could use just a little more wine if you have any a little less potent."

Ascaloth
2013-05-02, 05:08 AM
Arriving at the table he was directed to, 'the Doctor' saw Aiden there, enjoying the company of a bevy of beauties. Man, being Prince must be the life. He stepped up to announce himself.

"Good eve, Your Highness. Thank you for your invitation to your party tonight."

Acanous
2013-05-02, 05:09 AM
Yes, I meant the former.
"Certainly. What is your preference? Red? White? Rose?" he smirks "Blood wine?"
...and then the doctor showed up.
"James! Haha. What's with the "Your Highness" You joker? Sit down, sit down. I wanted to introduce you to these girls, they're an up and coming band."

daelrog
2013-05-02, 05:15 AM
Darling offered a wry smile. Being an old, powerful kindred didn't make one clever. "Mm... the latter sounds delicious."

She looked to the newcomer, the "Doctor" apparently. Hearing him say 'highness' made it clear he was kindred too, which made Darling suspicious if she wasn't supposed to be his meal tonight before they cleared the air.

"Party?" Darling asked amused. "Just a celebration over winning a song contest tonight." She glanced down at her sexy leather rocker outfit, realizing she had just threatened, bartered, and made her first impression to the Prince wearing that. "We'll probably be leaving in half an hour or so, but pull up a chair, James. I like a man who knows how to save a life. Darling." She offered a ravishing smile.

Ascaloth
2013-05-02, 05:23 AM
Oh.

"Don't tell me you don't enjoy being treated like royalty Aiden, big man in the investment world that you are!"

James said with a great big smile, relaxing as he took a seat at Aiden's beckoning. With that, he turned his attention to the ladies in their company. The one who had said 'Darling' made him perk his eyebrows up a tad, but he soon realised what she was really saying.

"Ah, a most lovely name. It's always wonderful to meet one destined to rock the musical world in due time. But I forget myself; James' the name."

Acanous
2013-05-02, 05:26 AM
"I was just getting some wine delivered. You might enjoy it, but if I recall you're not allowed to drink while on call."
Aiden smiles as the waiter brings over another bottle. He cerimoniously pops the cork, and offers it around. Becca and Sadie both decide to try some, as do the men, but Bea declines. Aiden pours himself a glass, then offers to pour Darling and James a glass.

Ascaloth
2013-05-02, 05:30 AM
"Yes, that is indeed so, more's the pity. I will have to decline, a shame though it may be."

James said, raising a hand to further indicate his passing over the offer of wine.

daelrog
2013-05-02, 05:31 AM
Darling did a look around, realizing that the only one who didn't know about vampire's was Sadie's date, and maybe some of the Prince's staff... maybe. Her look showed concern about Becca. She knew the Prince was a Brujah, and she knew they were supposed to be like great warriors, fast and strong, and mean, but guess the Prince wasn't the usual Brujah. Still... was Becca going to be okay?

She shook it off realizing she was leaving James waiting. She reached her hand out to shake his. "A pleasure." She took a large gulp of her drink. "So tell me Doctor James, what do you do for Mister Locke? I'm sure there are a hundred ways a man of his station could use someone in the medical field." Technically the Prince had never said that James worked for him, but Darling assumed.

Ascaloth
2013-05-02, 05:42 AM
James smiled warmly at Darling, clasping his hands in front of him.

"An astute observation. Indeed, Aiden and I have done much for each other over the years. To sum it up, I keep his body at peak physical health, and in turn, he keeps my investments in peak financial health. Mutual favours can be a more potent currency than the real deal, as long as you know how to acquire and spend it. Wouldn't you agree, Aiden?"

Acanous
2013-05-02, 05:52 AM
"Indeed. We're both very good at what we do. It may be a good idea for you to come to such an arrangement with James. I know that being an artist exacts a demanding toll from you, and mistakes can happen when you're trying to meet those demands."
Becca seems to hang on the man's every word, though she seems a little confused. He's making some kind of innuendo, but it's not clicking.
Cha+Subterfuge: [roll0] DC7
Sadie, figuring that this is vamp talk, starts in on her date, trying to keep him distracted and safely ignorant. Bea follows her lead with the other tag-along.

daelrog
2013-05-02, 06:02 AM
"Right." Darling pulls out a small notepad and pen from her purse, and jots down her phone number. She signs her first names in long, loopy letters, and gives it a quick kiss, leaving only a faint trail of lipstick, not like a whole imprint of her lips. "Call me tomorrow or the next day, we can go over the finer details." She finishes her drink in another quick swig. For a moment she reflects on the night, all the ups and downs. How what started out as the perfect night for the band, turned into almost having her whole band enthralled by the bloody Prince of all kindred, and perhaps Becca had had a worse fate in store. She showed a bit of sadness, that went away as she resolved herself. She was in Calgary for a purpose, and she wouldn't be denied. She stretched out, with a melodramatic yawn that was completely fake for one who did not need to breathe. "You know, perhaps now would be a good time to call it a night. I'm sure James and I will have much to talk about this week, and I'm sure we'll see each again soon, Aiden. If your chauffer could take the four of us girls, and the two dates here back to our place, I'd be in your debt." She specifically said all four of the girls, making it clear she wanted Becca to come too, the "I'll be in your debt" a part of that.

Ascaloth
2013-05-02, 06:08 AM
"Leaving so soon? A pity, and I was just getting to know you, too."

James said, but he retained the gentle smile he had for Darling. Reaching into his coat pocket, he produced his business card for her.

"Still, I suppose it cannot be helped, and as you've said, we have got the rest of the week, after all. Do feel free to call me if you are ever in need of any medical advice or services."

daelrog
2013-05-02, 06:12 AM
Darling took the card gratefully. "Oh, I knooow, and it does hurt me to make such a poor first impression to a Doctor, but can't get in the way of my friends." She gave him a wink, and tilted her head towards Bea and Sadie distracted their guys.

Acanous
2013-05-02, 06:12 AM
"Alright. I'll have the driver drop you off. Keep in touch, Darling. Here's my card if you require something. It's a very private line, so please ensure if you use it it is something urgent."
He hands out a card. Very fancy. Raised, gold lettering on a waterprint.

daelrog
2013-05-02, 06:15 AM
Darling almost fell over herself standing up, grabbing her purse, and moving around the table so she could take the Prince's card. "I understand. Thank you." For a moment she really did love him, knowing he could have easily suggested that Rebecca stay with him tonight. Her hands moved as if to hug him, but she stopped herself half way realizing both how improper it would have been, and how the blood bond within her telling her he might not like it.

Darling let the others file out first, leaving the place last.

Acanous
2013-05-02, 04:36 PM
That's 3 more XP total (You got one for Bravery :p).
Becca isa little off-put, especially with how you were acting towards Aiden in the end there, but she doesn't SAY anything. You make it back to the hotel, and the day passes easilly.
You wake at 9:44. There's muffled talking coming from the other side of the wall.
Lose a BP, gain a WP.

Ascaloth
2013-05-02, 06:35 PM
(OOC: I'm going to assume that I should bugger off back to my own thread?)

Acanous
2013-05-02, 06:42 PM
(Yes, the scene ended, you're back to your own thread :p)

daelrog
2013-05-02, 06:48 PM
I'll have the loss of the BP for the day counter the two glasses she drunk at Ranchers. CMT usually was counting two drinks for each BP (rounded down).

-Going to spend some XP now, put what I did on my sheet
-It may take a few days, but does Darling win any new background dots from the contest? More fame or herd or contacts?
-We never talked about it yet, but just for reference sake, do you have a general description of the Lasombra Darling is after? Like one was tall, one was gawky, one was female, etc?
-How tall is the Prince? I ask because Darling's tirade against Aiden was hilarious, in part because Darling's only 5'4" and was wondering how much taller he is than her on top of the other visuals of that moment.

Darling woke up. The only thing shed did was before escaping to her room to let Bea and Sadie have her fun, and Becca sleep off whatever Aiden did to her, was to post a sticky note with a reminder for one of them to pick up the van ASAP.

She was still wearing her leather get up, and so changed out of it, and put out baggy grey sweatpants and a shirt two sizes too big with Bob Marley on it, saying "I Shot the Sheriff". In the middle of changing, she could picture the blood on her hands from Republik muttering out a curse.

Darling opened the door, and stepped outside in all her disheveled glory.

Acanous
2013-05-02, 07:00 PM
in no particular order:
-Yes, you gained the BP from the drinks. I didn't statre it for reasons unknown, but there was BP to be had there.
-You increase Fame by one dot. It officially happens when you open for Motley Crue, but it was what you were going to get anyhow.
Also, the prize money can be used to make any one large 3-dot resources purchase without decreasing your resources. Or you can spend it on getting better instruments and recording time, which is what Sadie was going to do with it. (That'd help you raise Fame again, later)
-The Prince is six foot three. Four in the shoes he was wearing. He was impeccably dressed in an Armani suit specifically tailored for him (Due to his large frame) and it cut him a professional figure, while accentuating his best features.
-Descriptions on the Lasombra: Well, I thought that clan was mostly female, but here's the gender rolls: [roll0] (There were 5 total, yes?)
It's an X Chromisome check, with 1 being male and 2 female.
It's in order of lowest generation to highest. Descriptions, I'll leave up to you, unless you want me to.

Sadie and Bea are in the room, having a talk. Becca is nowhere to be seen.
The discussion stops as you open the door.
"Hey Darling. Becca's getitng the van. Sadie and I were talking about the gig."
"I don't know what your problem is, if Aiden's hooking us up with a concert, we should play it. Now's the BEST time to get more publicity. If you hadn't last night, I'd say you need to get laid."

daelrog
2013-05-02, 07:07 PM
Whoa, Sadie was a bit aggressive this evening.

"Yeah, well... things turned out a bit complicated last night." Darling bit her lip, a habit of hers when she was nervous. "Aiden... he's a nightbird... and he's... kind of in charge. As in every single Nightbird in the city is supposed to be beholden to him, as in all of Calgary counts as Aiden's turf. We need him to like us." She sat down, or more fell, to the floor. "Becca... I think he might have pulled some vampire mojo over her. I may need some one on one time with her to help her sort things out." Her eyes were downcast.

EDIT:Just four Lasombra. One Elder, his two childer, and one granchilder. I'll think of some basic descriptions. Just the appearance though.

And all the rest is noted. Heh. A whole foot taller than Darling.:smalltongue:

Acanous
2013-05-02, 07:28 PM
"Vampire Mojo? Well that'd explain why she fell for him so fast, even if he is rich and handsome."
"He's the one in charge of all the vampires in the city?
Well, ok then. What's his deal, why's he being nice to us? Shouldn't we be the ones having to bring him thirty virgins and a camel?"

daelrog
2013-05-02, 07:37 PM
"The deal is Aiden's not as nice as he seems." How can you say that Darling! He's great! Darling put off the inner turmoil. She really took one for the team, but she thought better than to tell the two of them how close they were to being bonded to him. Was it this bad for them as well? Did they have the same kind of confusion being bonded to Darling, but even worse? Darling wished she had known how tough it was sooner, might have re-thought ghouling them. "He's the kind of guy that likes to get what he wants with a smile. I don't know what his plan B is if smiling doesn't work, but I don't want to find out. I think we should all avoid Rancher's for awhile, he either owns it, or owns the person who owns it. It's... it's all right, like I said, I think we made a good first impression." Or a first impression that was so bad, all he could do was laugh at you, Darling. "But I really don't want to press our luck. I also don't want Becca around him in case he changes his mind about letting her go."

Acanous
2013-05-02, 07:58 PM
"I KNEW he was too good to be true. You see? THIS is why I don't go for the nice guys. There ARE no nice guys, just guys like this with something to hide."
Sadie rolls her eyes.
"Ok, so what does he want from us, then? I mean, he took us for a ride, bought steak, and was polite the whole time. He's gotta want something."
she looks at you with a raised eyebrow
"Did you agree to sleep with him or something? Trade Becca for yourself? ...Hell, if he didn't plan on eating her whole, she might be pissed at you for that. Girl can't wait to see him again."

"So we gotta snap her out of a bad breakup. She's done that for me tons of times, can't be that hard from the other end."
Sadie fixes Bea with a stare.
"...Can it?"

Just then, the door opens, and Becca walks in, looking a little out of sorts. She's got a grocery bag.
"Hey ladies. I grabbed the van, and picked up some munchies for later."
She's got two bags of chips and a box of Ben and Jerry's. (Cherry Garcia)

daelrog
2013-05-02, 09:58 PM
This was the curse of Caine, not being able to enjoy binge eating. Becca and Darling used to always share Cherry Garcia and fight over who had eaten more. It was usually Darling. Darling didn't have time to answer Sadie's question. Actually, she brought up a good point. Originally Aiden was going to enthrall all of them, now that Darling poked a hole in that balloon, what was he going to ask of them instead?

"Heeey, Becca. How you feeling this evening?" Darling awaited to hear how bad it was going to be. The better Rebecca's mood, the worse it would be for all of them.

Acanous
2013-05-02, 10:13 PM
"I stopped by the Rabbit hole to pick up our ride." She looks a little scared, actually.
"Somebody *Firebombed* the place, right after we left. They hit the women's bathrooms first. We're bloody lucky we went out the back."
Sadie and Bea look shocked.

daelrog
2013-05-02, 10:22 PM
"What?! All right, no more clubs until they find out who's torching the city." She shook her head in annoyance. "Damn, if this keeps up the night birds are all going to start getting crowded into one place. How... did they say what the casualties were? Was this the same guy... or girl?"

Acanous
2013-05-02, 10:28 PM
"They didn't say. Investigation ongoing. They know it was arson, and the suspect is presumed male from description, but that's all they gave me. They searched the van. Made a mess, but nothing's damaged.
Once might be an unhappy coincidence, but twice? Darling, I think we either need to get the hell out of here, or find someone who can give us protection."

"That is pretty damn scary... Look, maybe we can do another concert." Sadie almost winces as she says it.
"Nothing's worth dying in a fire for."
Bea looks momentarilly pleased, then self-chastised. "Maybe we should move. It's probably the same people, and they're probably after us. They haven't torched the hotel yet, but that'd be my next move."

daelrog
2013-05-02, 10:42 PM
Darling was wracking her brain... and then a thought hit her. She really hoped what she thought wasn't the case, but there was someone who had been both at Republik and The Rabbit Hole, a kind of creepy guy, who wasn't popular, and was scary silent when he wanted to be.

"I... I need to make a few calls. I think there's a few people I've met recently who can help sort this out." She walked over to Becca. "But first I need to know if you're okay from last night." She motioned her hand for Sadie and Bea to give them a few minutes alone time. "Are you all right, Becca?"

Acanous
2013-05-02, 10:50 PM
"I'm fine. Really. Gimme the night and the ice cream, I'll be good as new.
You think maybe he's not a bad kind of nightbird, though? I don't wanna be all Twilight here, but I mean, there's you, right? Some of 'em must be OK."
She gets to unpacking the bag.
Sadie grins wryly. "Look, maybe if he goes all gallant and finds the people trying to set us on fire, you can give him a shot. Till then, stick to the plan, OK?"
Bea has grabbed the cheetos, and absconded with them to the couch.
"So who you callin'?"

daelrog
2013-05-02, 11:03 PM
"I already gave Sadie and Bea the rundown. Aiden's the Prince of the city. That means all of Calgary is his, and every vampire in the city is beneath him. Only you could tempt the most powerful man in the city, love, but a politician who's probably a few centuries old doesn't fit the bill for being a good guy. He... he scares me Becca, and you know not a lot people can do that." Darling gave Becca the best hug she could, rocking side to side slightly. "Promise you'll talk to me if your heart keeps skipping a beat for him, all right? I want to make sure he didn't do anything to you that's going to last. We'll use his money, use his influence, but whatever price he asks for, whatever he demands in return, I won't let it be any of you three."

She released Becca, not knowing who was comforting who. She looked at Bea. "I'm going to call 'Just Abe'. I think he's a bit taken with me, gave him a dose of supernatural charm at the Republik so I think he'll open up. He's the only one I know who was there and at The Rabbit Hole. A few of the things he said last night were sketchy. Think he might be behind the fires."

Acanous
2013-05-02, 11:13 PM
"If he's in charge of the vampires, doesn't that mean he could get you somewhere safe? I don't think HE did the fires, so...
Well, anyhow. I trust you, I'll try staying away for now."

When you ring Abe, he answers quickly.
"This is Abe, who do I got?"

daelrog
2013-05-02, 11:20 PM
"Hmm... maybe, we'll see." She gave two solids pats on Becca's shoulders. "All right, 'for now' is good enough for now, we'll work on the rest later." Rebecca was too honest a person, but in this case it was a blessing. She wasn't over him completely, and was honest about it, just as she'd be honest about it when she was through. Had it been Sadie or Bea... would have need the bloody inquisition to get the truth out of them.

She went into a separate room. "It's Darling. Heard yet another club we were both at caught fire. Calgary's starting to feel a little dangerous, Abe."

Acanous
2013-05-02, 11:46 PM
"I hear ya. Starting to think maybe if the people in charge can't look out for us, we might have to look out for ourselves. That's twice they've been on my ass, and I'm gettin a little paranoid.
Since you're calling me, you must be thinking the same. You wanna get together and go over some plans? Maybe grab a bite?"

daelrog
2013-05-03, 12:02 AM
Darling hesitated. She wasn't sure she believed him, and didn't know what he meant about making plans, but she felt she could trust that he wouldn't hurt her at least. "Yeah, sure. Think it might be best to avoid the clubs for now. You have another place in mind?"

Acanous
2013-05-03, 12:29 AM
"Sure. I can be at the Foothills Hospital or the U of C in 10. Your pick."

daelrog
2013-05-03, 12:34 AM
"Hospitals are depressing. U of C it is. I'll go to the main entrance. Give me twenty." Darling clicked the phone off. She had a habit of doing that, pressing the 'call end' before any proper good bye.

She took a few minutes to wash off the make up from the night before. Compared to the rock goddess last night, she now looked like a regular college student in her sweatpants, and baggy shirt. She slipped on some purple flip flops to complete the outfit and went out.

"Going to meet with Abe. Says it's not him, but we'll see what he says in person. Hold down the fort ladies."

Acanous
2013-05-03, 12:58 AM
"Sure thing. Have fun on your date"
she shoots you a :p

daelrog
2013-05-03, 01:00 AM
Darling rolled her eyes. Guess she had that one coming to her. Assuming there were no delays, she'd go to meet Abe, on foot if she could, with the van if not.

Acanous
2013-05-03, 01:12 AM
Well, you CAN make it on foot, though it's not a good idea. So you're probably taking the van.[roll0]
Make a Percep+Alert please :3

daelrog
2013-05-03, 01:16 AM
[roll0]

Darling takes the van over, careful not to go over the speed limit. Normally she wouldn't be this careful, but the van had been in two crime scenes, didn't need to be in three.

Acanous
2013-05-03, 01:20 AM
You roll up to the U of C. Abe's outside, having a smoke. One of those new flameless cigarettes they get people to buy to help quit.
He waves at you. "Hey pretty lady. Welcome to the U."

daelrog
2013-05-03, 01:23 AM
Darling smiles, and extended her arms, doing a turn around to show off. "I dressed the part." She moved closer to him. "I'm glad you made it out. Did... did your other friends make it out too?"

Acanous
2013-05-03, 01:27 AM
He looks down.
"Most of them. We lost Tabby and I haven't heard from April. Hope they weren't in the bathroom."

daelrog
2013-05-03, 01:33 AM
Darling wrapped her arms around Abe and hugged him, as a friend. She had almost lost Becca, so the feelings of loss were fresh in her as well. "I'm sorry to hear that. I really am. Last night had gone so well... but guess good things never last." She motioned for Abe to walk with her. "Here, show me around, haven't been here yet. You were... talking about plans or something over the phone?"

Acanous
2013-05-03, 01:36 AM
"Yeah. There's a bunch of new people all immigrating here. It's a good chance to pull an out with the old, in with the new, you know? Get things running right. Avoid bull like the club burnings. We'd be on top of that, if we had the resources. Just need a few more people to actually make it happen.
You can tell why I'm unpopular, huh?"
The two of you take a long walk through the grounds, on a sculpted path. It gives you time to talk.

daelrog
2013-05-03, 01:46 AM
Darling sighed inside. Some chicks like activist types, Darling didn't. Too much fire, too little cool. "Yeah, I can see that. So... that makes you an Anarch? My sire gave me the rundown of the different clans, the different sects. Said your kind wanted to change the Camarilla, only you all can't agree on what that change should be." Should she tell him. The bond in her spoke out. "I mean, Aiden Locke's not really that bad is he? I mean, we sort of got off on the wrong foot, but things can work out can't they?"

Acanous
2013-05-03, 01:57 AM
he chuckles.
"****, girl, you met the Prince? Nobody meets the prince. No, seriously, most folk here don't even know what he looks like. What was the occasion?"

daelrog
2013-05-03, 02:10 AM
"What, really?" Hearing that excited her more than anything and her mood perked up, but only momentarily as she talked about the "occasion". "Well... I guess that's kind of where the wrong foot got started. You remember Rebecca right? The bassist, does vocals too, drop dead gorgeous? Well, the Prince scouted her for a midnight snack. Long story short, there I was, a short girl with red-pink dyed hair, wearing my sexy leather costume, scolding a tall man in a tailored Armani suit about keeping his grubby mitts off my girls, and then I find out he's the Prince. Strange luck I guess." She shrugged her shoulders. "So... I'm welcome in the city as long as I uphold the masquerade and all that jazz. At least that's what he said."

Acanous
2013-05-03, 02:16 AM
"So he wants your bassist? Hahaha. Well. That's a riot. You know he hates it when people tell him No, right? Wouldn't be surprised if you only made him want her harder."
He walks in silence for a bit.
"So, what's your plan, then? You're gonna back the system, hope it doesn't screw you?"

daelrog
2013-05-03, 02:24 AM
"Really? That's no good to hear. I've only got two rules Abe, and one of them is don't hurt my girls. Prince Locke tries anything funny, and it's lights out!" She gave a playful one-two punch.

She looked down to the ground they were walking on. "Well... the plan is I take care of my business in the city, then move on. As you say, Canada's going to get crowded soon. Maybe Europe. Maybe pick up Spanish go down to Brazil. Do the tour thing, and once people start to notice we're not aging, figure out what we want to do. See if they want to join me on the next adventure, or let them off the blood easy and let them have normal lives."

Acanous
2013-05-03, 02:46 AM
"Ever think of turning them? I mean, you girls seem to get on well. Unlife gets lonely if you've got nobody to share it with."

daelrog
2013-05-03, 02:56 AM
Darling shakes her head. "It's a curse, Abe. The night we met and Republik caught fire... I... I frenzied. I was covered in blood when I came to. That's not what I want to give them. I don't think they'd want to either. Well, maybe Bea, but she's the one we have to keep out of trouble. Acts before she thinks that one." She looked at Abe. "I didn't want to be a kindred either. It was either get embraced or die in a bad way. Maybe that's given me a sour impression of being kindred, maybe for some people it's all glamor and fun when it happens, but when I was embraced it was cold, dark, raining, and I thought I had lost my mind I was so scared." She rubbed her arms as if cold, remembering the night. "I don't know, maybe it's something to think about down the road, but for now my answer's no. Besides, wouldn't do to have all four of us unable to walk around at day."

Acanous
2013-05-03, 03:08 AM
"Frenzy doesn't have to be losing control. It's part of you now, the beast. You can't keep it locked away forever, but you CAN ride it when you let it out.
I could teach you how, if you want. Never have to wake up covered in blood and shame again.
You ever ask your girls if they want it?"

[roll0]

Your phone rings.
answer?

"Darling? It's James here. How's the night going? You feeling up to picking up where we left off last night?"

daelrog
2013-05-03, 03:33 AM
That roll looks like a botch. Hope that wasn't a roll for Darling.:smalleek:

"Really? I don't think I've heard that before. It's... a tempting offer Abe, I'll think on it. I think more than anything I just need friends right now. In case you haven't noticed I'm not much of a fighter, or a thinker, or really anything besides putting on a good show." She shook her head. "I haven't talked to them about the embrace, no. Maybe down the road." She changed the subject. "So tell me... what clan are you? You told me you were pretty selective about blood. That's a Ventrue thing, right?"

EDIT: Darling won't answer her phone right now unless she sees it's from one of her band mates. She's busy getting to know Abe.

Acanous
2013-05-03, 03:38 AM
(It was Abe's Percep+Alert.)
"Sure. I can use more friends."
he chuckles.
"My clan is kinda private. Like, really private. Not a lot of people know much about it, and you get some weird steriotypes. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I did just meet you the other day, and I don't know what you've heard."

daelrog
2013-05-03, 03:44 AM
"Right, not Ventrue then." That was two kindred she thought were Ventrue, but she was wrong about. She needed to learn to spot them better. "Yeah, I guess I understand. Only got a one paragraph description of each clan from my sire, and most of them weren't very flattering. From stay away from the Malkavians cause they're mad, to the Tzimisce will turn you into a pile of fleshy goo, to..." Darling couldn't help but put the feeler out. "... the Lasombra who are monsters with shadows. Say, I heard there were Lasombra in this city, but I thought they didn't play well with other kindred or something. Seems kind of strange."

Manipulation + Subterfuge = 4
[roll0]

Acanous
2013-05-03, 03:53 AM
"There's one less, now."
He strolls along, quiet for a bit.
"Look, there's club burnings going down, and some new friends are in town. Now's probably the best chance we're gonna get to make a difference, but a lot of people are probably gonna get hurt when we do it. Are you gonna stand up for the status quo, or let us do our thing?"

As you round a corner, you hear the unmistakeable sound of a shotgun cocking.
"The status is NOT Quo. The world is a mess."
a sudden burst of phosphorus light illuminates from behind you.
There, standing above it, a sword strapped to his back and a very lethal looking shotgun in both hands, is a guy in a balaclava, a leather jacket, cargo pants and combat boots.
"So you were saying something about hurting people? Please go on, you have my undivided attention."
[roll0] Hunter
[roll1] Abe
initiative please :3

daelrog
2013-05-03, 04:06 AM
No rest for the wicked.:smalltongue:
Initiative is 1 d 10 + dexterity + wits right? Don't have that one memorized since Darling (and I) try to avoid getting into combat.
[roll]1d10+7[rollv]

"Whoa! Holy sh-"

daelrog
2013-05-03, 04:07 AM
Right, did NOT type that roll in correctly.

[roll0]

Darling wins!

Darling let out a string of very unladylike profanities, keeping her head low, and booking it towards the nearest sign of cover, or if possible, where there would be people... normal people who weren't packing serious heat.

Acanous
2013-05-03, 04:26 AM
You find some cover. There's nearby hedges, and with the road flare's phosphoric light dancing the shadows in fierce patterns, he probably won't be able to see you. (Dex+Stealth, opposed by his Perc+Alert)
His Perc+Alert:
[roll0]

BANG
[roll1] DC 6
[roll2] weapon damage
[roll3] possible bonus damage.

The hunter pulls the trigger, and a fireball rocks forth from the barrel of his gun, towards Abe. It looks like a dragon's breath, something out of legend. This guy is Knight and Dragon both, bringing forth the ancient terror of Fire to purify the unclean.

--No soak, fire damage is aggravated, Abe lacks Fortitude--

Abe's turn:
[roll4] Courage. (DC 5)
If pass: Abe runs forward to disarm the Hunter.
[roll5]

-------New round initiatives:
[roll6] Hunter
[roll7] Abe

daelrog
2013-05-03, 04:31 AM
Oh man. This isn't looking good for Abe... and Darling by extension.

Stealth + Dexterity = 4
[roll0]

Initiative: [roll1]

Darling used the Missing Voice. She threw her voice to right behind the hunter hoping to distract him. "Behind you!"

Manipulation + Performance to get the hunter to turn around.

[roll2]

Acanous
2013-05-03, 04:40 AM
The Hunter does startle when you shout, grabbing up the road flare and sweeping in an arc. He turns around all right, but tries to glance Abe on the way.

Attack:
[roll0]
hit is 1 aggravated.

Abe... isn't looking so hot. He tosses the gun in another direction and starts to run.
[roll1] (Each success is 10 feet away.)
...he tosses the gun 5 feet to the left.

He hobbles about 20 feet.

daelrog
2013-05-03, 04:45 AM
Did Abe toss the gun towards where Darling was, or away? It'll have an impact on what she does.

Initiative for next round: [roll0]

Acanous
2013-05-03, 04:48 AM
Sure. There's a gun maybe 25 feet away from you, on the other side of the bush you're using for cover. It's an action to move, another to pick it up, and your dice pool goes down for each.
[roll0] Hunter
[roll1] Abe

Abe is hobbling away as fast as his legs can carry him.

The hunter... is going to go after him and finish the job.

daelrog
2013-05-03, 04:52 AM
Finally Abe rolls a better initiative!

All right, time to save the day. My grasp on the rules is kind of rusty in this field. So if she wants to run to the gun and pick it up in the same turn for multiple actions, what rolls does she need to make?

Acanous
2013-05-03, 04:54 AM
None, those are both moves. You can move to the gun and pick it up, but it costs you 2 dice from any other action you take this turn. Like say trying to intimidate the hunter.

daelrog
2013-05-03, 04:59 AM
Ah perfect. And yes, you predicted what Darling was going to do next.

Darling sprinted for the gun, cursing Abe in her head. This definitely had to be his fault, not hers. She felt the gun shotgun in her hand, a very unfamiliar feeling to her.

"Stop or I'll shoot!" Once again the voice was directly behind the hunter.

Spending a willpower point! Intimidation + Charisma or Manipulation - 2. If Charisma it's 4 dice, if Manipulation only 3. My bias gut feeling says charisma due to her actually having a gun in her hand.

[roll0]

Acanous
2013-05-03, 05:14 AM
"Go for it, kid. Magic bullets only hurt Vampires."
he chases down Abe, who has hobbled another 20 feet, and takes a swing with the Flare.
[roll0]
Abe attempts to dodge (Since he took no other actions :3)
[roll1] (Normally he has much higher Dex+Athletics, buuut)

To clarify, you succeeded like crazy on that roll, but the hunter honestly believes that the gun wouldn't hurt him.

Initiatives:
[roll2] Hunter
[roll3] Abe

daelrog
2013-05-03, 05:19 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Darling was going to put that to the test. She fired.

As a player I hate spending so much will power, but I think the situation is dire enough, and she has zero dots in firearms. She's also spending a blood point to up her dexterity to 4.

Willpower point + [roll1]
Don't know the shotgun damage

Acanous
2013-05-03, 05:27 AM
The Shotgun belches out another blast of scorching fire, at Abe and the Hunter.

The fire goes about 30 feet in a rolling ball before stopping, small pellets bouncing off of the Hunter's leather jacket.
"Magic bullets. Only hurt Vampires."
Make a Courage check from that fireball, please :3

[roll0] Hunter
[roll1] Abe

Hunter's attack:
[roll2]
Abe's dodge:
[roll3]
Abe attempts to hobble back towards you. It's a horrible, ghastly sight, he's covered in burns.

daelrog
2013-05-03, 05:31 AM
That's lame. Two willpower wasted. The fire didn't even singe the hunter?:smallconfused:

Courage: [roll0]

daelrog
2013-05-03, 05:35 AM
All right, last thing Darling can do...

Initiative: [roll]1d10+7[roll]

Darling didn't drop the gun, better she had it than him. Only one more thing to do.

"Stop."

Going to use awe. No willpower point this time, going to test my luck.

Performance + Charisma = 7

[roll0]

daelrog
2013-05-03, 05:36 AM
Bleh, this scene is making me post in a hurry. Trying initiative again.

[roll0]

Acanous
2013-05-03, 05:37 AM
"Nope."
[roll0] Hunter
[roll1] Abe

[roll2] hit
[roll3] dodge

This guy just ignored your Presence. Like, completely.
Abe is awed. That's screwed up. What the hell. This guy is freaking cheating.

Abe collapses, completely spent. His body is covered in scorch marks. The hunter goes for his belt, and pulls out a Stake.
"Say, I don't suppose you know where I should ship him off to, do you?"

daelrog
2013-05-03, 05:43 AM
Right, so this was an unwinnable situation to start with.

Darling shakes her head in disbelief, and hopelessness. Oh God, I tried Abe, I tried.

Darling turned around, and ran, tossing the gun into the nearest trashcan, or preferably a dumpster, she found.

Acanous
2013-05-03, 05:54 AM
Abe had the best chance of taking him down in a fight. The Hunter's physical stats weren't actually that great. The bullets weren't actually "Magical", the term is hunter slang for what it actually is, which still wouldn't actually hurt him, unless you got him out of his coat, gloves and headgear. This hunter IS immune to presence, dominate, obfuscate, as well as certain fey and mage tricks. That's where he spent all his edges. He ALSO wasn't originally following you. SOMEONE ELSE took the flaw, and he latched on to you at some point when he lost his lead. If it helps you the player some, he also intends to grill Abe for information as soon as he wakes up, staking him is just because the hunter doesn't know about how vampires heal aggravated. (Just that they need blood to do it)
On another note, the reason he attacked Abe, and left you alone, has everything to do with what you said while he was stalking the two of you.

Fleeing the scene, your panic barely under control, after you've disposed of the gun you realize the hunter isn't following you anymore. That... Was Abe right? Was this hunter, this guy who threw Fire around like some kind of Maniac, was HE the one who torched the clubs? Was he after ABE this whole time?!

---Gain 4 XP---

daelrog
2013-05-03, 06:00 AM
Eh, it's cool, but the explanation does help me get a better feel for what happened. Guess Darling is going to need to make some more friends to keep her out of these combat situations. :smallredface:

Darling got the van, and got out of there. It was on the way back that she got her phone, and she called the Prince. Oh God, she was going to be the worst kindred in the city. She dialed the number, and waited for Aiden to pick up.

Acanous
2013-05-03, 06:02 AM
Aiden picks up like he was expecting the call, midway through the first ring.
"Darling. Is there a problem?"

Also, when you opened up your phone, you saw you had a message. (James' message from earlier, it's on voicemail)

daelrog
2013-05-03, 06:12 AM
Darling is too hysterical to notice his expectant tone. "Aiden? It's urgent. Oh God... there's a hunter at the university, and he has Abe. He has a shotgun that shoots fireballs, I threw it away, but he might have gotten it back. He has a sword. God... Aiden I used awe on him, you know, the presence power and it didn't slow him down. I know it worked because it affected Abe. Aiden... the hunter was going to stake Abe, he couldn't have gotten far carrying a paralyzed kindred around, but he's dangerous. Please." Darling gave a quick description of the hunter. Time was of the essence.

Acanous
2013-05-03, 06:20 AM
"Darling. Darling. Darling!... Calm down. I'll have James over in 15 minutes to pick you up. He'll get you somewhere safe, get you something to drink, and then take you back to your band. I'll send the Sheriff over to scour the area for this gun-toting nut. If he shakes off Presence, we'll see how he does with Potence. It's alright, I'll take care of you."

daelrog
2013-05-03, 06:27 AM
"No. No! NO! I can't be calm right now, I'm driving away, I'm safe now, just call me back AFTER you've sent in the cavalry." She hung up. She kept looking in her rearview mirror as she headed back to her place.

Acanous
2013-05-03, 06:31 AM
Did you just hang up on the Prince, after asking for help, then refusing his offer? XD

daelrog
2013-05-03, 06:35 AM
That is correct. Darling is scared out of her mind. She can apologize profusely after she calms down, which should be when she hears that the cavalry is being sent.

Acanous
2013-05-03, 06:43 AM
Oh, it's understandable. This is the ST saying "Are you Sure?" is all :p
You make it to the hotel, like a bat out of hell.
As you walk in, the receptionist is on the phone, but stares at you as your shaking form walks through the lobby.
You notice one familiar face, though. Looks like James beat you here. He's waiting by the elevators.

daelrog
2013-05-03, 06:49 AM
Eh, sometimes you have to make the wrong choice cause that's what the character would do.

I assume Ascaloth's coming to this thread.

"Doctor James?" James can see that Darling is shaking, all over. She's even more pale than the night before. She's not wearing any make up, she has a Bob Marley T-shirt that says "I Shot the Sheriff" that's two sizes too big, and baggy, grey sweatpants.

She stumbles slightly seeing a familiar face. "Please, help me get to the room, it's room number 410."

Ascaloth
2013-05-03, 07:05 AM
Sorry about that, I was travelling home.

No sooner had James arrived at the lobby of the Luxor Hotel, that he saw Darling stumbling over to him, visibly shaken by whatever it was she had witnessed.

"Hey, hey. You alright, Darling?"

James said, gripping onto Darling gently, supporting her weight as if he thought she was going to collapse where she stood.

"I'd heard. It's alright, you're fine, it's safe here. C'mon, let me take you there."

Saying that, he supported Darling's weight as he led her to Room 410.

daelrog
2013-05-03, 07:15 AM
We'll need Acanous to role play the band mates when they actually get to the room, and I think Acanous is logged off for sleep. We can finish it up until that point though.

"Thanks." She seemed to shake less, and she leaned into James. She chuckled softly. "It's funny you know, I'm pretty sure the Prince called you over to Rancher's last night so you could feed on me, y'know? Wasn't until right before you came that we figured out he was a kindred, and I was a kindred." She shook her head. "Damnit James, everything's going wrong. We won the contest and everything was going so well. Then the Prince almost drains the blood of my best friend, I had to get one step blood bonded to him to save everyone else, and I... God I made such a fool of myself to him. Oh God, I hung up on him! And Abe... oh, poor Abe..." She leaned in closer. "James, you have to tell me one thing. The Prince... he's going to leave Rebecca alone now isn't he? Abe... I told Abe and he said the Prince doesn't like being said "No" to, and I told him he couldn't have her, but she's my best friend, and so tell it to me straight James, Aiden isn't going to hurt her, is he?"

Ascaloth
2013-05-03, 07:46 AM
Sure, sounds good.

Some women just talk way too much.

"Can't say I know His Highness well enough to predict how he's going to act," James said, dropping the 'Doctor James' act. She knew, he knew, and she let him know she knew, so there was no real point to it anymore.

"But if it's reassurance you're looking for, I can tell you this at least. The Prince does right by those who does right by him, even when those who serve him make mistakes. I can speak from experience; I've screwed up real awful back in the day, and His Highness was magnanimous in his leniency. As long as you show you're willing to learn from your past mistakes, he has your back. I've never known him to act otherwise."

Gently, he adjusted his hold on Darling, to try and make her more comfortable.

"As for this Rebecca... I'm going to guess this is the best friend His Highness had plans for? The one he said was also your ghoul? Well, I can't make any promises about what he has in mind for her now, but..."

"Remember what I told you last night, about mutual favours? Think upon it; if you're looking for a guarantee that your Rebecca will be safe, that is where it will be found."

daelrog
2013-05-03, 07:58 AM
"Mutual favors with him, or with you?" She offered a wry smile that said she wasn't joking about that. "You're right, scratch my back, scratch your back. Just... give me a moment with my girls when we get inside. Then we can talk. Then we can both talk to the Prince." She pulled away a little bit so she can take her cellphone out of her pants' pocket to hand to James. "In case Aiden calls me back before we've sat down. Better he talks to you first."

Ascaloth
2013-05-03, 08:32 AM
Taking the cellphone from Darling, James shook his head, almost wistfully.

"No, not with me, if you're wondering; I am but a subject of His Highness, and it is beyond my power to influence his choices and whims. No, much as I'd love to have a favour from you I can call in at a later time, I'm going to be honest. If it's a guarantee you want from the Prince, you will have to deal with him directly. Mutual favours, of equal value."

"Of course, 'equal value' can mean different things from different perspectives. I assume this Rebecca is someone who is invaluable to you, but my guess is that to His Highness, she was only ever just a potential meal. And as an up-and-coming band, if what His Highness said was true, I'm sure you must have your fair share of groupies..."

James trailed off, allowing Darling to draw her own conclusions.

"I understand you really want to be with your friends right now... but if I may say so myself, you are looking mighty frazzled. You sure you want to go in looking like that? I'm not sure what you're expecting to find when you go in, but my guess is that it would be a barrage of questions from them, which certainly can't help your nerves any. However, I can give you something to sooth your nerves, help you keep your cool, if you'd like."

daelrog
2013-05-03, 09:25 AM
Darling smiled. She was shaking less and less. "Thanks, but they've seen me frazzled before. I'll talk to them, let them know what's up, then let them give us some space." She let go of James, and started walking on her own. "I'll talk to the Prince, give him my best sales pitch as to why I should be his new favorite girl, and then we can have a drink together. Business before pleasure. Hey, maybe you can tell me about the city, and how you keep on Aiden's good side despite 'screwing up badly'. The Prince was telling us how we should get to know each other last night, maybe he's going to make me your new apprentice?" She gave him a playful nudge.

They made it to the door. Darling put the key in, and opened it.

Ascaloth
2013-05-03, 09:53 AM
Smiling genially, James nodded.

"It would be my pleasure. Things may not be simple in this city, but they are certainly less complicated than they seem. Same goes for His Highness too, you just have to know what to do. And these are the basics I can certainly fill you in on."

Stopping short as Darling began unlocking the door, James stood to one side.

"I suppose I will wait out here, then. I hope to see you again, soon enough."

Acanous
2013-05-03, 05:09 PM
You open the door, and the girls are watching a movie with the lights out.
"Hey, Darling! How was the date?"
Bea calls out without even looking.
Becca looks over, and sees your frazzled self. "Oh god, what happened? Did he try something??"
Sadie gets up to go give you a hug.

daelrog
2013-05-03, 05:55 PM
"No." Darling shook her head. She hugged Sadie back tightly. "We were walking along the campus, and a vampire hunter attacked. Shotgun, sword, everything. He got Abe." Red tears formed up a little in her eyes, but she was more tired than sad at this point.

"James from last night's guarding the door, and... and I'm going to need to talk to the Prince. I need to prove I'm not a useless, dead husk." Then the tears came, as she held Sadie.

Acanous
2013-05-03, 06:03 PM
"You're not a dead husk. AND you're not useless. You're our lead, and like, half the talent here." Sadie gives a squeeze.
"We should probably change into something a little more formal if we're going to see 'the prince' on his terms. I mean, we don't know what we're up against, and if you want him to think 'professional', we really should go in looking the part."
"Screw it. We don't need him. I say we party it up a little, trash the place, and bugger off. Get our asses out of dodge, and come back when the heat dies down."

daelrog
2013-05-03, 06:14 PM
Darling listened to them all. Idiots. Beautiful, beautiful idiots. Could never agree. "I'm going to call in a couple minutes. He's... he's expecting the phone call." She began to sit down. "The city's a mess, and it's about to get dangerous. Abe was talking about how more and more of our kind will be coming, and it's going to get crowded. If clubs keep burning down... hungry kindred do stupid things and there may be a lot. It.. it's now. It has to be now. In the chaos... in the confusion, we won't have another chance." The thought of them began to steel her resolve. She didn't fear them any less than the Hunter, but she was equally full of spite that steadied her. She was in a safe place, spiritually if nothing else, with the only people she trusted, helping her mind slowly get back on straight. "I need Aiden to want me, and I need him to need me. He's my ticket to them.." Darling looked at Sadie. "... and he's our ticket out of here, when we move on to bigger and better things."

She paused for a moment. "I should probably talk to him alone. Just... hold me for a minute, all of you. I need to put on a strong front."

Acanous
2013-05-03, 06:18 PM
Bea pauses the movie (She forgot to earlier, but you pay for the friggin' thing and don't get on-demand) and you get your hugs.
"So what's the plan? I'm used to doing the negotiating, Darling. What have we got to trade, and what is it we want?"
Becca is looking away with an unsure expression. Guilt? Worry? Both?
Bea clams up. She doesn't like this idea, but it's your call and she'll back you.

daelrog
2013-05-03, 06:36 PM
"It's... I've brought you in a terrible, terrible world, all of you. I'm going to offer our fans to help keep the coming night birds happy and fed. I don't... kindred normally don't kill people, leaves too many questions, but... maybe, maybe less people will die if there's more people to go around. Night birds... they call it having a herd, and we can try to get them as large a group as possible, so no one has to be drained. I know, I know I'm making excuses." She paused again, biting her lips. "And I told you I'm supposed to be a rarity. Throwing my voice around... other kindred can't do that. Let him think on that. Night birds always love to have secrets, to have cards up their sleeves. A kindred with a power no one else has... even if it's not exactly shooting lightning from my fingertips... has to be worth something." She looked at Becca. "And in return I'll ask for your protection. I don't think the Prince is going to help me with any side projects, but he can keep us safe while I find someone who will. Safe from other night birds... and safe from himself. James... he said he's messed up badly before, but because he helps the Prince out, he forgives him. I'll be his errand girl, and keep on his good side no matter how many toes I step on."

Acanous
2013-05-03, 06:49 PM
Sadie steels herself, setting her shoulders back.
"Ok. You? Really don't want to be doing the negotiating. You're selling out the fans to save our skins, he'll definately go for that. I mean, it costs him what, nothing? If the club torchings are causing him problems, he's going to want it dealt with anyhow. So the 'Protection' you're asking for is just 'keep your people off of us'. We don't sell out the fans for that.
She takes a couple deep breaths, thinking.
If you're a rare commodity, he'd probably have a problem with someone moving in on you, anyhow. So that's just us three. You want to negotiate, you need to go in dangerous. Don't even bring us up. If he wants us on the table, make him put us on the table. That shows his hand, lets you know what he wants. Then we can work with it. Hell, Darling, if all he wants is a little blood, I'd be cool with making a donation. Just *Make him ask* for it.
That's the difference between us negotiating, and us begging."
Bea gives Sadie a thumbs up.
"Damn right. We're not some scrubs off the street. We're the Indigo Heart Conspiracy."
Becca nods.
"Well, he's been really nice ot us so far, so I don't think we should try to get on his nerves. Be polite, and yeah, if he wants a meal I'd go for it too."
Bea scoffs.
"Shut it, you've done much stupider things over guys before. But I'm not going out there and bearing my neck for him, 'Ravish me, you sparkling hero!'. If he's the kind of guy who likes getting what he wants, yeah. Trade for what he wants, don't offer freebies. We really shouldn't be offering the fans, anyhow. We might lose them, and then where will we be?"

daelrog
2013-05-03, 07:04 PM
Damn, Sadie was good. Darling often forgot how important Sadie was to the team. She never lost sight of how much she loved Sadie, but with Becca as her anchor, and Bea as her sail, she forgot that Sadie was her compass.

And nothing, nothing made Darling's mood increase more than hearing Becca draw the line, to show she wasn't completely enslaved to Aiden, and in fact was her usual self.

Darling took it all in. "Right, I know how to do this. He wants someone strong, someone cool." Ugh, she had some making up to do on both fronts. All right, all right, head in the game Darling, head in the game. Okay." She nodded to all of them. "Bea, can you get my phone back from James. I gave it to him just in case Aiden called before I was ready. He should be right outside the door."

She looked to Becca. "You spent the most time with him. Did he say any of his interest? A favorite color? Anything that might help?"

Acanous
2013-05-03, 07:12 PM
Bea salutes. "Aye, Cap'n!" and goes to open the door.
Becca blushes a little. "He said he liked a lot of things. Dancing, Music, poetry..." she isn't making eye contact with anyone. "Yeah. So he's connisour of the arts. With a really great vocabulary."
Ascaloth:
A spunky looking redhead in half an outfit opens the door. "Hey Doc. I need Darling's phone back, she's gonna call up Aiden."

daelrog
2013-05-03, 07:27 PM
"And we're a rock group, not exactly known as the most prestigious of arts." She thought for a second, and gave Becca a wink. "Looks like art school's about to come in handy. Grab me one of your poetry books, one with some classics that Aiden might recognize." She looked to Sadie. "All right coach, it's the final round and I need to get knock out. Any last words before the bell rings?"

Acanous
2013-05-03, 07:32 PM
"Don't go in tired, hungry, or horny, and if you start rambling, shut up. You're still rattled, and you talk under pressure. One point at a time."

daelrog
2013-05-03, 07:37 PM
"I..." Darling wanted to argue. "...open my mouth like faucet when I'm nervous. Got it. The hungry part she was fine with, mostly full anyways. The horny... Aiden was cute, but not her type, and the whole night was a turn off. Tired... "Sadie, can you get me a glass of cold water?"

Darling called out to Becca. "Get something French if he knows it! My voice sounds sexier speaking French!"

Acanous
2013-05-03, 07:51 PM
"Sure. One sec."
She bounds off to write something out, coming back with a notepad.
"This might get him on the sympathetic side."
She hands you the pad.
Translation from the french:I live, I die, I burn, I drown
I endure at once chill and cold
Life is at once too soft and too hard
I have sore troubles mingled with joys

Suddenly I laugh and at the same time cry
And in pleasure many a grief endure
My happiness wanes and yet it lasts unchanged
All at once I dry up and grow green

Thus I suffer love's inconstancies
And when I think the pain is most intense
Without thinking, it is gone again.

Then when I feel my joys certain
And my hour of greatest delight arrived
I find my pain beginning all over once again.

"It should be fitting."

daelrog
2013-05-03, 08:09 PM
When Sadie came back with the water, Darling not-so-subtly splashed it on her face.

"It's beautiful. Louise Labe, right?"

I cheated and googled it.:smalltongue:
All right, I'll wait for Ascaloth to get back, and start Darling's self promotion extravaganza.

Acanous
2013-05-03, 08:11 PM
Becca gives you a raised eyebrow. She is highly surprised you could name her that quickly. (Cheeeateeeer! Cheeeeeateeer! :p)
Alright. He SHOULD be on by now, it's odd he's not >.>

Ascaloth
2013-05-03, 08:16 PM
I just woke up, people. :smalltongue:

"Hmmm...? Oh, certainly, here you go."

James handed Darling's phone over to the... half-dressed beauty. With a most appreciative look.

Acanous
2013-05-03, 08:20 PM
Bea turns around and leans back in, passing over your phone and giving James a gander at her backside.
"There's the phone. What do we do with the doc?"

Ascaloth
2013-05-03, 08:23 PM
"Well, I would ask if I could come in now, if I weren't sure your friends aren't... decent."

James' voice came floating into the room, from the corridor.

daelrog
2013-05-03, 08:28 PM
Darling and Becca went to art school together! I reserve my right to cheat when I want it fits her background.:smalltongue:

EDIT: "Come in James. Mi casa es tu casa. Just don't bite any of the girls, we can have our drinks after. They can keep you company while I talk to the boss."

As the others moved around, Darling took one last stern look at her phone, putting on her game face. Then she dialed the number, and put her phone to her ear. "Aiden, it's Darling... I'm ready to talk."

Ascaloth
2013-05-03, 08:36 PM
"Thanks for your hospitality, Darling."

James said, coming into the room at Darling's invitation, only to see... whatever state her band members were in. Eyebrows raised, James put up his hands in a mock-helpless gesture.

"So. Is this the point where I close my eyes, and we all pretend I didn't see anything?"

He joked.

Acanous
2013-05-03, 08:38 PM
"Oh lovely. So glad you deign to hold an audience for me." His tone is light, but you can tell he's not in a good mood.
"To what, pray tell, do I owe the honor of this call?"

Sadie and Becca are decent. Bea is the only one not wearing any pants. Or socks. She's got a shirt on, and it's a long, baggy thing, but that and panties is pretty much it.
"Unless we're doing something illegal, what she shows you is what you get to see. Bea loves the attention."

daelrog
2013-05-03, 08:45 PM
Mm... not good. She could register James opening up. He had been awfully formal with her walking to the room. Show him a damsel in distress and he shrugged his shoulders. Give him young things that weren't fully decent, and he put on a smile. Men.

"I feel like the new intern that cut the boss driving to work in the morning, and then spilled coffee on his new tie. I want you to like me Aiden, I really do, but I've struck out twice." She eyed the poem, hoping for a good chance to use it. "I thought... I was talking to James and seems like you two have a good thing going on, and I want that for us. Two club burnings, kindred fleeing here from America, let me help you. Let's both finish this conversation with a smile on our faces."

Acanous
2013-05-03, 08:49 PM
"Darling. I've had precious few occasions where anyone botched things quite as badly as you've managed. It's an art form. I can appreciate that. The first time was cute. The second time not so much.
You may be distressed, and you did the right thing in calling for the cavalry, but you really need to learn some decorum.
That said, if you know something about the club burnings, or have something meaningful to contribute to the refugee problem, I am listening."

Ascaloth
2013-05-03, 08:52 PM
"Oh, well then. She certainly has got mine."

James said, making himself comfortable in the nearest available seat.

"I see that Darling is on a call to Aiden. Would she be alright? You girls may have noticed that I'm a little on the stiff side; that becomes a habit when you're dealing with a big man like him on a regular basis, I'm afraid. There's very good reason for that, too."

"So anyway, I don't believe I've caught all your names the other night?"

Acanous
2013-05-03, 08:59 PM
"Rebecca. I do the backup vocals for the band, and Sadie's been trying to get me into Bass."
"Just Sadie for now, mister big shot." she grins. "I'd love to hear all about what you do for Aiden that has him so enthused with you."
"Beatrice Kiddo. I'm a superhero. I see you have a bag there. Did you bring presents?" that's not her real last name.

daelrog
2013-05-03, 09:02 PM
Darling was really seeing why her sire was independent. It sucked having a boss. She preferred being in charge. "Yeah, you're right. Maybe I can talk to few kindred around the city, learn how to be a proper kindred." Give a little, get a little Darling. "I mentioned Abe, right? I thought he might have been behind the fires. Met him first time at Republik when it burned, then he was at our show at The Rabbit Hole. He had said a few weird things like people having a problem with my girls, when I know that ghouls are fine by the Camarilla. Also said he wasn't that popular. Then again... he didn't hold up so well against that Hunter, and the dude's shotgun was belching fire." Sorry Abe, if you're not dead, and they save you, and you're innocent, it'll be okay. That was a lot of if's. "As to the refugee problem..." Darling smiled a bit, and it carried in her voice. "I already told you my Prince, our band is kind of becoming a big deal. How many kindred in this city can get screaming, drunken fans in large crowds? A man of your status can bring in great talent, but how many know when to slow it down when the night birds start seducing the prey, make it hot when the kine is getting in the mood, get it rocking hard and make everyone throw their heads back and forth, ignoring all the kissing around them. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it?"

Acanous
2013-05-03, 09:08 PM
Sadie facepalms.
"I haven't heard anything about an 'Abe'. Probably a false name, but it'll turn up shortly, once mister Keyes is done at the university.
I am helping your career out already, Darling. The easy prey is good, but this isn't Las Vegas. You can't put on a show every day, and if you did, it certainly wouldn't fill a stadium.
The gesture is a good start, though. Now, this Hunter. Did you get a look at him? See what he was driving, maybe? Did he have an american accent, or anything unusual about him?"
You can make a Wits+Etiquette.

daelrog
2013-05-03, 09:11 PM
Wits + Etiquette
[roll0]

That's a good question, did he have an American accent?

Ascaloth
2013-05-03, 09:12 PM
"Afraid not, Bea. I'm no superhero, I'm just a lowly doc, so I can't exactly fly fast enough to stop by the first souvenir shop on the way to saving the night, now can I?"

James joked, tucking the bag away. He turned his attention to Sadie.

"As for what I do for Aiden... I believe I've already mentioned that last night?"

He said, waiting for her to call him out on his so-blatant-it-must-be-intentional bull.

Acanous
2013-05-03, 09:23 PM
Wits+Etiqette: By his phrasing, he was implying that sharing your herd would be a matter of course. He helps you get venues, and you share the fans.

"Oh, so you just give him a physical, work over his body a little?"

Ascaloth
2013-05-03, 09:29 PM
Oh, so she was playing along with his bull. Very well, mutual idle amusement never hurt anyone.

"Advise him on the exercise routines he should focus on, regulate his dietary intake, the usual. Pretty routine really, if I might say so myself."

Acanous
2013-05-03, 09:33 PM
"Oh, so you're just here to work over Darling's body, then? Give her the physical? Make sure she's eating right?"
Bea flashes you her tongue.
"Whatever would we do should she fall ill?"
Sadie is giving Bea a small glare.

daelrog
2013-05-03, 09:33 PM
"Right, of course, dear. Doesn't solve the whole problem, just one thing to ease the pressure. Part of a team effort." Well, she'd have to apologize to Sadie, but it sounded like that was never on the table to begin with. Darling gave a detailed, but brief description of the Hunter himself, including his height, accent, voice. "As I said before, he has a sword, a stake, a shotgun with 'magic bullets'. That's what he called them when I pointed the gun at him. Said it wouldn't hurt him. It didn't." Change the subject Darling, you're losing the game! "Prince, tell me what you really need right now, what really would be helpful to you. I have some... unique talents, but I need to hear what Calgary needs right now so I can tell you how I can be of service. I said I wanted a deal like James, let's make it happen."

Ascaloth
2013-05-03, 09:41 PM
"Well certainly, if you ladies choose to retain me as your in-house medical consultant. And I wouldn't just focus all my attentions on Darling; it would hardly be fair to the rest of you. Of course I'll give you all the same services."

James said, with a disarming smile.

"But, I guess I can give a little basic advice, on the house. The best thing would be to avoid falling ill in the first place, of course. Eat well, get sufficient rest, all the basics. But I understand that as artistes, you ladies would have a schedule most gruelling, which doesn't leave you with much time for that purpose, would it?"

Acanous
2013-05-03, 09:53 PM
(I forgot to add- No accent. He was covered head to toe, but he's somewhere around 6 feet tall. Hard to tell in the dark when he's throwing fire around.)
"Magic bullets, you say? That could be a serious problem."
That catches his interest. Most likely, his next call will be to a Tremere.
"What I need? Right now, Darling, I need people with marketable skills. James, for instance. He's in a position of prestige with the kine, and has talents I have use for on a regular basis. He's a good boy, and doesn't go around making messes he can't clean up. Plus he's always so very polite. That goes a long way. You could probably learna few things from him. If he were so inclined."
The prince pauses a moment.
"Tell me what you can do for me, Darling. Not just what mistakes you won't be making anymore. That needs to happen if we're going to stay on friendly terms. What can you and your girls do? I'm going to need people who can enforce the Masquerade, keep the sheep unaware. Palin made a very big statement, and the governments of the world are being -very- intrusive. What I need, is for that to stop, and for the Status Quo to be more manageable."

"Oh, don't worry about that. Becca makes sure we eat well, and Sadie, weren't you saying I spend too much time in bed?"
A pillow is thrown from the couch to poff Bea on the back. "Bea. Stop flirting with the Vampire. Seriously."

Ascaloth
2013-05-03, 10:10 PM
"Ahaha! I've been compromised!"

James laughed with his hands in the air, having expected something like that to happen all along.

"But really, the in-house medical consultation thing? Genuine offer. I can even throw in advice on dealing with... unexpected blood loss, for instance."

daelrog
2013-05-03, 10:13 PM
Good, this is what I need to hear Aiden, buddy. Tough, but fair. Darling glanced over to the others. "Yeah, I think James is coming around. Seemed pretty formal at first, but talking to the girl's seems to doing him a world of good. He'll be inclined."

Right, make it count Darling. "You need marketable skills, and I want to make lot of friends, lot of contacts in the city." I'm not just giving Aiden, give a little in return too, buddy. "I'm persuasive, Prince. Songs are power. Music makes or breaks the status quo. Once people start humming Palin likes Twilight, it'll be a joke to them. Put out a music video with the Yankee President making out with a pretty boy in white make up, and politicians who dig around our business are going to risk a spin off. As for useful talents... I got a neat trick. I can throw my voice anywhere I can see, look at someone across room and whisper into their ear. Doesn't even use up the blood. I can show James if you want proof. Think of all the possibilities. Even tonight, I'm no fighter Prince, but when my voice was on the Hunter's shoulder, telling him to look behind him, he spun 180. That's what helped Abe get the gun out of his hand. And no one besides you, and the people in this room, know about it."

I know you like secrets Aiden, mister big shot Prince. Bite into it. Bite into it, and let's make this deal.

Acanous
2013-05-03, 10:22 PM
"Unexpected Blood loss? That would be pretty bad. I mean, it would piss off Darling, and the rest of us as well. Unless you had permission, of course."
Sadie's baiting the hook..

"Can this voice-throwing be taught, or is it only for lease?
James can verify for me. That's not a problem.
Go ahead and put out that music video. I think it's a splendid idea.
If you're trying to make friends in this city, remember that Favor is the currancy of the realm. Money can buy favor. Food can buy Favor. Even the company you keep can buy you favor. But you have to trade with each kindred in kind. It keeps the city running. If you curry favor from enough people, you'll have voices on your side at Elysium. Those voices get listened to by the Primogen, and the Primogen talk to me. I have an idea of what you're really after, and it's going to take quite a bit. Start with James.
Now, I really need to get to work on this hunter. I'm sure you can understand. Have a good night, Darling."

Ascaloth
2013-05-03, 10:28 PM
"Hey, hey, what are you saying, there?"

James said, hands in the air again in mock innocence.

"Darling said no biting you girls, and I'm going to hold to that. She didn't hold anyone else to that though, did she? Like, say, someone gets in a shot at Rebecca there; I'll be real useful in assisting her recovery, now wouldn't I?"

Acanous
2013-05-03, 10:31 PM
"Someone would get a hurt real bad."
She wags her finger at you.
"But sure. Wouldn't hurt to have a capable doctor on call in case one of us gets the sniffles. So, what would you give to be the doctor to the beautiful and famous?" she winks at you coyly. Not in a flirtatious manner, but more to let you know she's enjoying the negotiation.

daelrog
2013-05-03, 10:33 PM
A jolt of fear hit Darling. He knew. Of course he knew, she told him because she was high on his blood, and she thought she could pull him around her finger by embarrassing him that he almost drained Becca, not that she in turn would be humiliated.

"Sorry, just for lease. One of those special, rare bloodline powers, you know?" That's right Aiden, I'm special. I'm really, really special. Not even one of those stupid thirteen clans, but a bona fide bloodline.

"Merci Prince Locke." Oh well, no poem, but at least I can finish off with a little bit of French.

She let Aiden hang up first.

Ascaloth
2013-05-03, 10:37 PM
"Oh, dear me. A hard bargainer, I see. Darling's so lucky to have you on her team."

James chuckled, clasping his hands in front of himself.

"Well, then. I suppose I wouldn't mind waiving my usual consultations fees. For starters, of course."

Acanous
2013-05-03, 10:42 PM
"Right, right. That's a good place to start. Without consultation fees, what sort of payment would you be after? Per service, that is, unless you're going to be on retainer."

Aiden does hang up first. You're pretty sure he's got your number, and not just on the phone. Luckilly, it seems he's willing to see what value you can offer him. Bastard's probably weighing it in against how much they'd give him for you.