PDA

View Full Version : a warblade in golarion!

Yuven
2013-04-15, 05:48 AM
I am currently playing a Warblade in the world of Golarion(pf). This is Tygrens current stats:
Warblade 4
str 19 (18+1 for level 4)
dex 14
con 14
int 14
wis 8
cha 8

As for now my falchion "Red Mist" is only a MW weapon.
It is not a weapon i will ever get rid of for RP reasons. But I will enchant it asap.

Manouvers known:
Moment of perfect mind
Charging Minotaur
Dousing the Flames
Steely Strike

Wall of Blades

Stances known:
Punishing Stance

Feats:
(1)Power Attack
(1)Quick Draw
(3)Cleave

The rest of my party is
A knifemaster rogue.
A fighter1/sorc3 soon to be Dragon Disciple.
A Warblade/lorewarden soon to be Bloodstorm blade.

What I am asking the playground is what Stance should i take in level 4?
And maybe even get a level progression going :D My goal is not min/maxing out the build, but have it useful with a falchion and a pure warblade.

Any cool suggestions?
all replies are welcome :smallamused:

Darrin
2013-04-15, 01:09 PM
What I am asking the playground is what Stance should i take in level 4?

If you're going to be charging a lot, then take Leading the Charge. Otherwise, take Hunter's Sense (to help pinpoint invisible/hidden creatures). Hunter's Sense also works well as a prereq for Sudden Leap. Wolf Fang Strike (falchion + armor spikes) is also nice.

Any cool suggestions?

Feats:

Consider taking the Ancestral Relic feat (Book of Exalted Deeds) for your falchion. This allows you to enchant it directly (no Crafting feats or hiring wizards required) with loot at a 1:1 ratio, instead of selling your loot for 50% market price. Actually, I'd consider replacing Quickdraw with Ancestral Relic. If you need Quickdraw on your falchion, Least Crystal of Return (MIC) is only 500 GP.

For your Warblade Bonus feats: Blind-Fight (5th), Improved Initiative (9th), Blade Meditation (13th), Combat Reflexes (17th).

Other feats: Leap Attack (6th), Martial Study: Shadow Stride (9th), Mage Slayer (12th), Pierce Magical Concealment (15th), Robilar's Gambit (18th).

Skills:

Put 5 ranks in Balance, max out Concentratoin, Jump and Tumble. Whatever's left, put in Diplomacy, and if you have any points after that, Climb or consider buying some cross-class ranks in Listen/Spot.

Manuvers:

Diamond Mind:
Moment of Perfect Mind
Emerald Razor
Bounding Assault
Quicksilver Motion
Time Stands Still

Iron Heart:
Steely Strike
Wall of Blades
Iron Heart Surge
Strike of Perfect Clarity

Stone Dragon:
Charging Minotaur
Mountain Hammer (Swiss Army Chainsaw)
Bonesplitting Strike (2 Con damage, no save)
Mountain Tombstone Strike

Tiger Claw:
Wolf Fang Strike
Sudden Leap
Death From Above
Pouncing Charge
Dancing Mongoose
Raging Mongoose

White Raven:
Leading the Attack (I prefer this over Dousing the Flames, but YMMV)
White Raven Tactics
Lion's Roar
White Raven Hammer
War Master's Charge

Stances:
Punishing Stance (1st)
Leading the Charge/Hunter's Sense (4th)
Hearing the Air (10th)
Stance of Alacrity (16th)

Magic Items (as funds become available):

Head: Helm of Tactics (2000 GP, MIC) or Scout's Headband (3400 GP, MIC)
Face: Third Eye Clarity (3000 GP, MIC), Third Eye Freedom (2600 GP, MIC), or Third Eye Surge (2100 GP, MIC)
Throat: Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker (500 GP, MIC) or Enduring Amulet (1500 GP, MIC)
Shoulders: Cloak of Elemental Protection (1000 GP, MIC) or Travel Cloak (1500 GP, MoF)
Arms: Armbands of Might (4100 GP, MIC) or Strongarm Bracers (6000 GP, MIC)
Hands: Brute Guantlets (500 GP, MIC)
Ring1: Four Winds (2000 GP, MIC)
Ring2: Protection +1 (2000 GP, DMG)
Torso: Tunic of Steady Spellcasting (2500 GP, MIC)
Waist: Healing Belt (750 GP, MIC)
Feet: Boots of the Battle Charger (2000 GP, MIC)

Shining Wrath
2013-04-15, 01:37 PM
Darrin, I do not believe that stances count as maneuvers in terms of prerequisites. Also, Hunter's Sense requires a TB maneuver as a pre-req; it's the only level one stance with a pre-req IIRC.

Yuven, you should check with your DM about the above.

Given that you have a rogue, consider stances and maneuvers that make opponents flat-footed or grant flanking. Most of the good ones there would require a swordsage two-level dip; that's not such a bad thing, as it will give you two more stances, 4 more maneuvers per encounter, and boost your Reflex and Will SR by 3 each.

Darrin
2013-04-15, 01:45 PM
Darrin, I do not believe that stances count as maneuvers in terms of prerequisites. Also, Hunter's Sense requires a TB maneuver as a pre-req; it's the only level one stance with a pre-req IIRC.

I forgot about Hunter's Sense requiring a TC maneuver (not a big fan of that stance, I prefer taking Hearing the Air later). However, your first point is addressed in Tome of Battle on page 43:

"Stances are considered maneuvers for the purpose of fulfilling prerequisites for learning higher-level maneuvers, or qualifying for prestige classes or feats."

ZeroNumerous
2013-04-15, 01:47 PM
Most of the good ones there would require a swordsage two-level dip; ...

The best one(Island of Blades) only requires a feat(Martial Stance).

Dusk Eclipse
2013-04-15, 02:00 PM
The best one(Island of Blades) only requires a feat(Martial Stance).

Martial stance requires having Martial study for a maneuver so a two feat investment.

Andezzar
2013-04-15, 05:01 PM
Martial stance requires having Martial study for a maneuver so a two feat investment.No, Martial Stance only requires a maneuver, the maneuver need not be granted by the Martial Study Feat. Having levels in an initiator class or having a maneuver granting item would also work.

Yuven
2013-04-16, 06:01 AM
I have drooled over many of the Sword Sage maneuvers for some time. Island of Blades being one of those.

Ancestral Relic would not make sense in the story, as I bought the weapon.
I will check with my DM about those items as we are playing with the Pathfinder rules.

so the feat progression is also every odd number.
I should maybe have been a bit more clear on that from the start (sorry:smallredface:)

You guys have come up with a lot of good information that I will look into.

magwaaf
2013-04-16, 06:23 PM
your dragon shaman should be a magus, ours is he started with the fighter/sorceror build and realized its crap. your rogue is doing it wrong, you dont play a kifemaster, you play a knifemaster scout. i'm level 5 and F****** LOVING IT! i miss the dodges but man do i deal damage like an sob