PDA

View Full Version : North for the Summer: Tommy

Acanous
2013-04-15, 05:58 AM
dear lord, you're starting in Montreal -_-
http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/12078/img_5014.jpg
Give me a roll 1d10 for your starting blood pool, please

Montreal. Known both as the "City of Sin" (Before Las Vegas happened) and the "City of Churches". You'd have to go to Tatooine to find a better hive of scum and villainy.

Not that you didn't give it a chance, but having literal monsters show up and start killing your family sours you a little.

You've been diligent, though. You've been careful. You've been WATCHING the things in the dark as they stalk human prey.

But something inside you tells you the monsters you're looking for, aren't here.

The first few nights were bad. Going into weeks, you're not sure if it's still bad or if you just got used to it. You found places to hide- train tunnels, parkades, stairwells. That was easy.
The hard part is everyone speaks a different language than you, and the few times you've tried to warn someone they were being followed, they tried hauling you off to do who knows what.

But you've had it a little better since you found that open wireless connection at McDonalds by the pier. You've made a friend, someone who believes you about the monsters. Who told you what happened in the States despite your nonexistant access to TV and disinterest in international news.

He goes by WhiteHat517. He's been tracking them with you, sending you updates. Meeting him has been the one good thing that happened to you since that night, and a part of you wonders what would have become of you if you'd never found Hunter.net.

McStabbington
2013-04-15, 09:44 PM
Arcanous:

BP roll: [roll0]

I don't have a great deal of time to post tonight. Should be able to do something tomorrow, although my action depends greatly on the roll.

Acanous
2013-04-15, 09:53 PM
sure thing. 6 is pretty decent start, you need to feed but not desperately. Also that includes the loss of blood for waking, so you probably fed yesterday.

McStabbington
2013-04-16, 04:21 PM
Arcanous:

I suppose it's too late now, but I feel it incumbent to let you know that "Montreal" was an typo on my part. I meant to put him in Calgary with the rest of the ensemble.

That being said, I'm willing to roll with it if you are.

Tommy awoke with a lurch, banging his head on the cement overhang. It was the dream again. Rubbing his temple, he got his bearings, found the patch of loose earth above his head, and after listening to make sure he could hear nothing, he shoved the dirt aside and climbed up.

The last traces of blue were fading from the western sky as he climbed out from beneath the storage shed. Turning to the hole he dug the night before, he pushed the earth he had cleared away back into the hole. He had been careful the night before, spreading most of the earth over the ground rather than leaving a pile to be found by a groundskeeper. Fortunately, the hole was small, and apparently wasn't apparent enough during the day for anyone to try digging down.

Tommy checked his watch.

Acanous
2013-04-16, 04:55 PM
No R in Acanous. I did ask you about it in PMs, thought there was something you were going for in Montreal. Regardless, I have a means for you to end up in Calgary, just took some thought and a plot hook.
It's 8:39 PM. You brush the dirt off, though with how you've been living, it doesn't help much.
A pair of homeless men chat jovially over a garbage can fire just out of sight around a corner. They even seem to be speaking a little English.

Your Laptop is at about half charge. You can top it back up if you find an outlet. Last time was at a Denny's, but that was a couple of days ago, and you were less dirty and had a little cash.

Hunger pangs gnaw at you, though they're still manageable.

What do you do?

McStabbington
2013-04-16, 05:59 PM
Tommy

Thing about typos: I don't always realize they're there. I thought you were talking about something else. Still, so long as I can get a link-up, we should be good.

Almost 9. Nights were getting later, which gave him less and less time to work. Tommy had thought that the library would be a good place to start this evening. His efforts thus far had been . . . unsuccessful. He didn't know Montreal well enough to narrow down his search, so it had occurred to Tommy last night that the papers often had a crime report. Most of those would just be human criminals. But some might be what he was looking for. . .

Tommy sighed and slung his backpack. Despite knowing the result, he pulled out his Charlie Brown wallet and checked what left of his allowance anyway. He had a just enough left to get something off the dollar menu at a McDonalds, and he needed to hurry. Grown-ups gave him the side-eye if he was out past 10 p.m., and as much as he hated vomiting, he had to keep trying to see if there was something he could keep down that didn't involve killing another stray animal. And if it did come to that, he had plenty of night left to do it in. He tucked his wallet away, and briefly stopped to listen to the two homeless men before heading off for a fast food joint that had wireless.

Acanous
2013-04-16, 06:06 PM
"So then the boss just changed, you know? Stopped being sociable. I was his best Tile guy, and he layed me off. No reason or anything, started hiring guys to work night shifts instead..."

You head out for a fast food joint with Wireless. You look scruffy and kinda dirty, so probably not going to be going in. Luckilly all you need is to be in range of a signal. Small as you are, you can hide out in the bushes by a patio lounge.
You find your Wireless connection easilly enough.

McStabbington
2013-04-16, 09:41 PM
Tommy

Tommy gently pulled the laptop from his backpack, flipped it open and turned it on. He would have to find a place to charge it eventually, but for now he only needed fifteen minutes.

His first stop was one that he had gravitated to more and more over the last week: hunter.net. Logging in, he checked his messages.

Acanous
2013-04-16, 09:57 PM
There's a bit of a lag as an automated encryption program kicks in, synchronyzing your computer to the current algorythm.
You log in, and there's a message from WhiteHat517. Title: Leeches.

Hey (Your handle),
I managed to track down one of those leeches with the intel you sent me. Thanks for that tip about the Hutchinson murder. Turns out the things that did it were running scared out of the US.
I grilled a capture about it before dusting him. They were coming out of the states, presidential announcement legalized us killing them. First place they went was Montreal, apparently there is some kind of leech stronghold there. But they were not welcome. Lost one of the major players on the first night, so they headed my way.
From my contact SunnyBoy_22, it looks like they hopped a freight train heading to Alberta. They are either in Calgary or Edmonton, unless they took a chance and bailed cross-country.

Let me know if you want to give chase. I could use a hand out here.

There are a number of other people online, and the chatroom is buzzing with details about Chicago and Detroit.

McStabbington
2013-04-17, 06:47 PM
Tommy

So his family wasn't a solo job. Apparently these things ran in packs, and the pack that killed his family had skipped town.

He didn't know anything about the trains, but it made sense. If he could get into a cargo container or something, he might be able to hole up for an overland trip.

Tommy clicked Reply:

I'm out of cash, so I'll have to go the same way they did. But I'll be headed out the same way. I'll make a stop in Calgary first. I'll check in when I get there. It's a big city, and I'll need help checking it out.

With that, he made a quick scan through the chat rooms, looking for more information on Detroit and Chicago.

Acanous
2013-04-17, 07:32 PM
The Chatroom fluxuates, moving rapidly with almost unintelligable jargon and making leaps in topic and subject matter.
What you are able to gather of importance:

Chicago- The city is still in lockdown. On the first night, there was a big vampire barbecue. Fire really roasts the things. Some got away, and the teams sent to flush out the sewers encountered heavy resistance, taking casualties.

Detroit- There was some kind of stand off at the Great Lakes Museum, and then Werewolves showed up. SWORD team barely got out alive, but the leeches and dogs started tearing eachother apart. They apparently don't get along. Boat the leeches were counting on to get them smuggled out of the states was torched. They're sending apaches to patrol the lake, looking for more night runners.

McStabbington
2013-04-17, 09:54 PM
Tommy

Tommy logged out from the site. He switched over to Google and Google maps, checking for the schedules of freight cars in one tab, while in the other looking for directions to the train yards. If I have some time, I'll have to make another stop before I leave town.

The prospect of leaving town was not appealing. Heroes always defended their home town. But this group had to be stopped before others suffered the same fate his family did. And Tommy knew that it would take him time to learn how to hunt these things to final death. Maybe when he was finished, he would have the skills he'd need to come back to Montreal and take the fight to the vampires that had eluded him thus far.

Acanous
2013-04-17, 09:57 PM
Checking CN rail, you do find there's pretty frequent freight loads going back and forth across the country. It takes about three days, though, so you'd better eat up before you go.

There's a train yard a couple hours walk from here. You're pretty sure the trainyards have guards and stuff, so you'll have to sneak in.

McStabbington
2013-04-18, 02:15 PM
Tommy

Tommy opened up a Word Document on the laptop and cut-and-paste the numbers, times and loading dock numbers of each of the night's departing trains. It would not do to take the wrong one. He then quickly mapped out the route he wanted to take. Finally, he googled the time for dawn before saving his Word Doc and shutting the machine down.

Tommy had built some time into his schedule, and he would have to make at least one stop before he hit the trainyard. On the way, he would need to eat; the hunger was already rising again tonight after nabbing a cat last night. Packing his computer and shouldering his pack, he headed off for Jake's house, looking along the way for stray animals without any tags.

Acanous
2013-04-18, 04:41 PM
You can make either a straight Survival roll, or an Animal Ken+Charisma. Difficulty on Survival is 6 and Animal Ken is 7. Each success is a blood point gained.
Tommy is confident from Google Maps that he can make it to the Train Yard before the sun without problems.

Sneaking onto a train, however...
Your keen senses can easilly make out patrols of railway police with flashlights, occasionally heading up and down the line.
Percep+Alert: [roll0]
care to give me a Dex+Stealth opposed by this train guard's Percep+Alert?

McStabbington
2013-04-18, 09:27 PM
Acanous:

Any chance I can make a stop at Jake's house before I get to the train yard, or is there no time?

Various rolls:

Animal Ken + Charisma (Diff 7): [roll0]
Dexterity + Stealth (+1 for Shadow Play): [roll1]

Acanous
2013-04-18, 09:57 PM
2 successes is 2 BP. You beat the hell out of the Rail Police's 3 successes (Which explains how come there's always graffiti on trains...) and yes, you can stop at Jake's for the sake of character development. Wouldn't be very fair to have you write it all up without actually getting to use any of it

McStabbington
2013-04-20, 04:31 PM
Tommy

Tommy rubbed his face and his hands with his shirt before pulling his last clean shirt from his pack and putting it on. He gently tapped down the dirt on the makeshift grave he had dug with his foot, but not so hard as to further damage the body. He felt at least a little bit better about this time than the others; at least this cat had fought hard to get away. Usually, the easiest ones to get were the housecats that had gotten loose and didn't realize that this kid didn't intend to simply pet them. He looked again at the grave to make sure the cat didn't come up despite being drained and beheaded, and set off for Jake's house.

His path took a straight route back to the park he'd slept in to the residential neighborhoods nearby. The park was outside the usual haunts he'd had growing up, but Tommy knew the general direction well enough to travel quickly and efficiently back into more familiar territory. The Google Maps check had been more than anything to ensure that Tommy didn't get his poles reversed and go the wrong direction; that happened sometimes.

He walked along quickly and silently enough that he had little worry about being seen from the sidewalk. The evening was late enough for the parents to still be up, although the children were starting to drift off, so the risk of being seen while a parent was closing up the house was minimal. Turning onto the right side street, he headed up to Jake's house.

Here was where he'd have the most difficulty, but not something he hadn't done before. The upstairs light from Jake's parents was on, but Jake's light two rooms down was not. Still, it was too early for Jake to be asleep, and so long as he kept the volume low, Jake could even watch TV until 10:30. He wasn't supposed to, but sometimes they turned on True Blood or Game of Thrones and got to see women take off their clothes. But first, he had to get up the tree, and that was doable, so long as Tommy moved slowly and didn't slip.

Tommy goes up the tree. I'm guessing Dex + Athletics:

[roll0]

And another in case stealth is needed (which it probably is):

[roll1] (Shadow Play is not yet activated)

Assuming he gets up all right, he taps on the window like he used to, and hopes like heck that Jake doesn't freak out.

Acanous
2013-04-22, 04:26 PM
Climbing the tree is easy. You've done it before.
Doing it *Quietly* however, is another matter.
You manage to knock on Jake's window, but he was already getting up to take a look.

"Tommy? You're alright! The police have been looking for you, they thought you got kidnapped!"

McStabbington
2013-04-29, 07:03 PM
Tommy

Tommy put his finger to his mouth and shushed Jake silently. "Be quiet!" he hissed as quietly as he could.

With his free hand, he then gestured to the window. "Open up, Jake. Let me in before someone sees me."

Acanous
2013-04-29, 07:29 PM
Jake gives you a questioning look, but opens the window and shuts his door.
As you make your way in, you note the expectant expression on his face, and figure he probably wants an explination.

McStabbington
2013-04-29, 08:01 PM
Tommy

Tommy slipped in and shut the window behind him. How much to tell? Tommy didn't know. On the one hand, Jake was a friend, and this would likely be the last time he saw him. On the other, Tommy didn't know how he would take the news, and the last thing he needed was for Jake to panic.

Tommy decided he would keep the matter a secret for as long as he could.

"I wasn't kidnapped. I was attacked by a vampire. One that was fleeing from the U.S. I've been trying to find rest of his group."

Acanous
2013-04-29, 08:09 PM
"A Vampire? Then they ARE real! We need to get you to the police, if those vampires are still around..." his eyes go wide with fright.
"They're not still chasing you, are they?"

McStabbington
2013-04-30, 06:01 PM
"I wouldn't have come if they were. They've left the city. I'm going to follow them. The police won't be able to stop them."

Tommy was somewhat surprised by the grim flatness to his tone, but there it was. He couldn't go home again. He decided to change the subject.

"Do you have some spare clothes you can trade with me? All my clothes are dirty."

Acanous
2013-04-30, 06:12 PM
"Yeah, yeah you can have some clothes.. But c'mon man, do you really have to chase them? Tell the police, you can stay here a while. What are you gonna do if you FIND the vampires?"
He goes to his dresser and starts pulling out clothes. You can get two sets of clothing.

McStabbington
2013-04-30, 08:33 PM
"I already killed one. I can kill the rest."

His words were flat, haunted, dead. Tommy had been speaking for a minute, and he already wanted the conversation to end.

"I came home and saw, Jake. The police didn't save my family. The police couldn't protect them.

Now, can we please stop talking about this?"

Acanous
2013-04-30, 08:37 PM
"Okay. But promise that if there's too many, or they find out you're on to them, that you'll come back."
He holds out his hand, pinkie up.

"I guess this means you'll be leaving for a while, huh. Need anything else?"

McStabbington
2013-05-03, 06:34 PM
Tommy

Tommy returned the pinkie swear, and pulled his friend into a hug. "Of course."

He pulled away from the embrace and sat on the bed in the darkened room, his sadness renewed. He'd once had a room like this, but that life was over. Now all he had was the hunt and the hunger. It wasn't until he looked up that he realized Jake was talking again to him.

"Beyond telling Janie what happened to me? I suppose if I could get some food for the road, that would be good. I'm starved."

Acanous
2013-05-03, 06:51 PM
"Sure. I'll go get some things from the kitchen. Make you a sandwich, some granola bars and an orange. That good, or you want more?"
He gets up, heading for the door.

McStabbington
2013-05-03, 07:04 PM
Tommy

He nods and smiles. "That works great. Thanks, Jake."

Acanous
2013-05-03, 07:14 PM
Jake comes back five minutes later with a plastic grocery bag. There's a couple granola bars, a sandwich and an orange (Unpeeled) inside.
"Alright, Tommy. Good luck, and stay safe. I'll let Janie know you're still alive."
He's blinking a lot. Probably holding back tears in a manly fashion.

McStabbington
2013-05-08, 06:25 PM
Tommy

Tommy pulled Jake into a fierce hug, and held it for a long moment before breaking away. Stuffing the bag into his backpack, he stopped at the window and turned back. "Stay away from them, Jake. The problem isn't that they have to do evil stuff. It's that they want to do evil."

With that, he opened the window and clambered back to the tree and then back to the ground, heading for the trainyard.

Acanous
2013-05-08, 06:29 PM
You make it to the train yard without incident, easily dodging the train guards and finding a closed car that should be good enough to stop the light from getting in. Looks like it's hauling a bunch of machine parts.

It is not a comfortable ride by any stretch of the imagination, but it'll work. Or you could try finding something better.

McStabbington
2013-05-09, 03:39 PM
Tommy

Tommy settled into his temporary home as best he could, shifting the machine parts around to give himself a nest or a fort. His little nook established, Tommy set his gear down, wiped his hands as best he could, and then pulled a granola bar from the bag Jake had given him. The glories of being a superhero. . . he mused to himself as he took a bite, carefully chewing the food, hoping against hope that maybe vampires could live on granola.

Acanous:

This spot is fine. Tommy will settle in in a corner and hide as best he can.

Acanous
2013-05-09, 04:34 PM
You definately cannot live off of Granola. It upsets your stomach, and while you keep it down for a bit, it all comes back up. Further, it tastes horrible. Worst granola bar ever.

The ride takes two days. The train does make a few stops, both day and night, so if you want to get out and explore the first night you can. Otherwise. lose 2 BP, gain 2 temporary WP, and 4 XP. (You get the XP either way)

McStabbington
2013-05-09, 06:25 PM
Tommy

Acanous:

Tommy will remain on the train, on the theory that he doesn't know the stops and doesn't know the schedule when the train leaves and wants to make sure he reaches his stop.

He will pocket the XP, however.

Acanous
2013-05-09, 06:31 PM
The second night, you pull in to Calgary. You recognize the tower from pictures.
Your laptop is really on it's last legs, but if you can find an outlet..
Luckily, vampires don't have normal bodily functions. Aside from being a little scuffed and dusty (and greasy) your clothes are still in the same shape that you got them in.

It would probably be a good idea to make contact with WhiteHat, to get you a place to stay.

McStabbington
2013-05-11, 07:16 PM
Tommy

Tommy climbed from his nest and headed out of the train yard, heading for in the direction of the largest buildings. Now that he was here and his computer had no power, he was completely screwed for directions, but he guessed that he would be able to find a coffee shop or a McDonalds where he could plug in his computer.

Acanous
2013-05-11, 11:59 PM
You can see downtown from the train yard. There's also a big sign closer that says "Road King". It's up the road and on a hill. They might have a plug-in.

McStabbington
2013-05-13, 05:48 PM
Tommy

Not knowing what else to do, Tommy headed down the road for the Road King, hoping that he would be able to find a place to plug in and recharge his batteries.

Acanous
2013-05-13, 05:54 PM
It takes you about 10 minutes to walk there. You see a short, skinny guy out front talking to a girl that looks like a skater chick. They both seem to be late-teens.

The girl spots you, the guy's facing the other direction.
"Oy, kid! What'cha doin' out here so late? Where's your folks?"
You see there is a Restaurant and a bar attatched to the gas station, and a Tim Horton's nearby. You could probably recharge at either place.

McStabbington
2013-05-13, 06:24 PM
Tommy

Tommy eyed the woman mistrustfully, his mind reflexively falling back on the old saw that one should never talk with strangers. He gave them as wide a berth as possible and said nothing as he headed for the door to the Tim Horton's. The coffee shop would be more likely to let him in and recharge in a quiet nook.

Acanous
2013-05-13, 06:31 PM
She goes back to talking with the man, though she watches you as you go.

Inside the coffee shop is surprisingly bright. The walls are all white instead of the normal burgandy and brown tones used by the franchise.
Four tables litter the area, with the coffee bar at the back. As you plug in your laptop, the barista gives you a dirty look, but doesn't say anything. Probably assumes you're with someone who is either fuelling up or will be in to buy something shortly.
Still, you get the impression he'll say something if you overstay your welcome.

Booting up your laptop, you're comforted by the familiar glow of the screen.
There is a wireless network, but it is protected.
(Int+Computer Use to hack it, DC 7)

McStabbington
2013-05-13, 06:56 PM
Tommy

Oh boy. He looked around for the password; saw none. Most stores had fairly simple passwords because overly difficult passwords made the customers trying to use it irate. Fortunately, Tommy had taken the time to look up a lot of those common combos on the internet in his week for just such an occassion. Setting up the computer and cracking his knuckles, he began to type the ones he could remember in sequentially.

Had to give a character-specific reason for him being able to do this; "hacking" in the Hollywood sense of rapidly typing code is probably far beyond his paygrade.

Nonetheless:

[roll0]

Acanous
2013-05-13, 07:01 PM
The list of usual suspects fails you. This place probably doesn't offer WiFi to customers. You did notice a Denny's down the road, which does- but they'd be unlikely to have exterior outlets, and would expect you to buy something if you wanted to hang out inside.

McStabbington
2013-05-13, 07:54 PM
Tommy

His list expended, Tommy resisted the urge to thump the laptop in frustration. What he really needed was power, and for the moment, the more power he could draw, the more likely he would be later to find a place that offered wi-fi that he could access from outside.

As such, he shut down the internet, switched the battery over to power saver, and opened a word document. From there, he began typing passcodes furiously, doing whatever he could to appear as busy as possible in order to run up the total amount of time his battery had to charge.

Acanous
2013-05-13, 08:16 PM
You get about fourty-five minutes before the guy behind the counter comes over.
"Hey, kid, you've been here a while. You gonna buy something?"

McStabbington
2013-05-16, 12:58 AM
Tommy

Tommy checked his battery, and considered stalling for time. He decided against it; adults get miffed if they think that a kid is giving them the runaround, and it wouldn't be honest anyway.

"I'm almost charged, and it's not like I'm bothering anyone. Any chance I can top off my battery before I go?"

Acanous
2013-05-16, 01:17 AM
the guy shrugs. The place is otherwise empty, and the only customers have been drive-thru.
"Might as well, just get outta here before 12."

McStabbington
2013-05-16, 07:44 PM
Tommy

Tommy thanked the man and continued to type on until his battery was charged, although he quit out of his pages of gibberish and began working on his Iron Man/Batman crossover fanfiction.

When the battery was charged, he gathered up his gear, thanked the man, and walked out, heading into the downtown of the city, hoping to find a place with free wi-fi.

Acanous
2013-05-16, 08:32 PM
You don't have to go far. The McDonalds three blocks down the street advertizes free WiFi. You see it as you're walking by.
Well. That was easy. They've got bushes, too. Even though they're only open for drive-thru (And thus no outlet), you could easily access the internet from here.

McStabbington
2013-05-17, 12:00 AM
Tommy

Tommy ducked into the bushes, booted up his laptop, and logged into hunter.net.

Acanous
2013-05-17, 01:19 AM
Oh boy. You log in, and there's a message from WhiteHat with a contact number, once you've gotten into the city.
Also a hunter is online, saying he got turned into a vampire and asking for help.

The current consensus is he should leave the city, go to a low-populated area in Saskatchewan, wait for a group of hunters, and see if they can help him.
The last line is "Come alone. Come unarmed."

McStabbington
2013-05-18, 12:19 AM
Tommy

Tommy scratched his hair, and then favorited the discussion about the hunter. For the time being, it was best to keep an eye on it and let it be.

He then sent a private message to Whitehat:

To: WhiteHat
Re: Calgary

In the city. Requesting an update on the hunt, and whether you need any assistance.

Acanous
2013-05-18, 12:31 AM
The reply comes while you're still there.
Hunt has been going well. I've tracked a bunch of them to a local hotspot in the southwest, a nightclub called "The Rabbit Hole". Redguts and Gavin know about it. Are you at a safe location?

McStabbington
2013-05-18, 01:27 PM
Tommy

Tommy opened up a tab and punched up the directions on Google, stepping out of the bushes briefly to check his current address. Switching back, he replied to WhiteHat.

To: WhiteHat

Safe enough for the moment. I'll have to walk there, but I should be able to make it tonight. What is the plan?

Acanous
2013-05-20, 03:53 AM
Recon for now. See who runs it and if it's being used as a place to crash for the day. Any human guards. That sort of thing. Meet up at the Shell station near the place. I'll check back every hour for you. What will you be wearing?

McStabbington
2013-06-03, 06:26 PM
Tommy

Tommy frowned in confusion and consternation. He wasn't sure how to proceed. On the one hand, WhiteHat had been nothing but helpful to this point. On the other hand, he didn't know how he would react to Tommy, to say nothing of how Tommy's change. He bit his lip as he considered the matter. On the one hand, Spiderman revealed himself to his family and MJ eventually. On the other, he became Spiderman to protect them.

Deciding the matter, he punched in a response.

Grey T-shirt and blue jeans. Young adult male with blond hair and bue eyes. What is the description of the ones we're looking for? He waited long enough to find a response and google directions for the Nightclub.

Tommy shut down the system, deftly put his laptop in his bookbag and set off for the Rabbit Hole, clad all in black.

Acaneous:

Sorry for the delay. It's been incredibly hectic over the last week.

Acanous
2013-06-03, 07:00 PM
They dress up like mad hatters. Makes telling them apart easy.
Directions follow.
Just to be clear, you're giving him a false description. I know you're not silly, but certain people have called me on things like this.

Your internet search on the place helpfully suggests how to get there by bus. Nice feature, that.
You can be at the club in about an hour and 15, last bus leaves 25 minutes later. After that, you need to find a ride, unless you can get one now.

McStabbington
2013-06-03, 07:20 PM
Tommy

Yes, Tommy is giving a false description. He doesn't want to be identified by WhiteHat.

Tommy read the Google directions, a sinking feeling in his stomach. He didn't want to have to steal, but getting to the nightclub tonight meant getting money, and he had only one dollar left; not enough. He considered his options, and then went back for the couple he met earlier. It would be unlikely that he could find other people in time.

Assuming they are there, Tommy will put on his best scared innocent routine:

[color=blue]"Excuse me, sir. I'm sorry to bother you, and my mother always taught me not to talk to strangers, but I've lost my bus token. Do you have one that you can spare?"

. . . I'm guessing this is Manipulation + Subterfuge (6d10), but I'll include an extra dice just in case. If you find that it requires more or fewer dice, just take the number of rolls it requires in the order they come.

[roll0]

Acanous
2013-06-03, 07:41 PM
The girl looks down to you with what appears to be consern.
"Sure thing, luv. Here, get back to your folks, it's late."
She flips you a two-dollar coin, and gestures to a bus stop not far from the station.
(If that's your only interaction with them, I'm skipping to the nightclub ;) )

The bus ride is long and uneventful. The boredom almost makes you miss your stop, but you see the bright lights from the Shell sign and pull the string in time.
Pulling to a stop outside the Strip Mall, the bus deposits you in clear view of the Rabbit Hole.
There's a lineup out the door, and two tuxedoed, top-hatted bouncers man the door.

McStabbington
2013-06-04, 07:35 PM
Tommy

Tommy suppressed a hiss from escaping his lips. Now I watch. Batman would always make sure that he found the right man, and so would Tommy. The information might be wrong. And if it was right . . . then Tommy would track them back to their nest, and he would also track out those who frequented this place, and he would destroy any who hurted an innocent.

He set his backpack down while hunkered in the shadows. He drew out the black bandana which he had cut holes in and wrapped it over it head. He also drew out his Cub Scout hatchet and a wooden stake he has cut off and sharpened from an old shovel. He slung his backpack back on, and melted into the shadows as best he could. From there, he did his best to carefully study the faces both of the bouncers and everyone else who entered or exited from the club.

Acanous
2013-06-04, 08:11 PM
Batman was never quite so... Boring.
An hour after taking up your position, there's been a steady queue into the club, with a few people leaving now and then, getting into cars and driving off. You see one girl storm up to the bouncer like she's mad, but he just lets her in the club.

McStabbington
2013-06-04, 08:33 PM
Acanous:

Yeah, I didn't leave you much to work with there. But boring or not, that's pretty much his game for the evening. He'll circle the place occasionally to see if people are going out the back, what kind of entrances/exits there are, and he may peek in a window if he can, but he's not going to do much more than conduct surveillance. He wants to be able to make a clean sweep of the entire group rather than driving them to another city.

Acanous
2013-06-04, 08:44 PM
A few minutes later, as you're circling the place, a rear wall blows out. You can see fire through the hole. A giant, grotesque, disfigured humanoid runs from the hole towards the front of the building.

A small child, younger than you, pops around from the front of the alleyway and throws a teddybear in the monster's face.

McStabbington
2013-06-04, 09:00 PM
Tommy

Not knowing what to make of this situation, Tommy follows the monstrous man towards the front to observe what it is going on.

Acanous
2013-06-04, 09:04 PM
The monster seems to have had a bottle consealed in a giant, meaty hand. It pulls out a lighter, and after holding the flame to the bottle, throws it, flaming, into the club's open front door. You can see a pair of ladies in the door talking to the bouncer, they look scared.

Giant McBurnypants starts running through the parking lot.

McStabbington
2013-06-05, 08:55 PM
Tommy

Tommy was torn. On the one hand, he had solid information that the guys in the top hats were the people he was looking for. On the other hand, he was a hero now, and heroes looked after those who couldn't protect themselves . . . and few could seem to look out for a giant tossing Molotovs.

He steeled himself, and began to follow the giant as quickly and silently as possible.

Acanous
2013-06-05, 09:32 PM
You follow it out of the alley. The other young boy is also watching. You're not sure if he noticed you. Seems a lot of young kids out tonight. Weird, for this area.
The giant runs to a convertable, which is already running. There's a girl in the passenger seat, which the giant hurdles to land in the driver's side. The car skids out a little as the Giant (Badly) drives it out of the parking lot. Foot firmly planted on the accellerator, the car loses control about a block down, near the Shell.

You see a top-hatted, gray-clad figure run from the bar towards the crash. The other boy is going that way as well.

The people from the line are miling about, apparently in a state of shocked confusion. The girls from just inside the door storm out, into the parking lot.

McStabbington
2013-06-07, 06:10 PM
Tommy

Tommy crept closer, unsure about what was going on.

Acanous
2013-06-07, 06:21 PM
The top-hatted figure makes it to the crash site, and a young woman crawls from the car, hauling another with her. You can see there's a goopy mess in the front seat. The Tophat guy grins and stalks towards them, but then disappears. Weird.
The other young boy stands back across the street, looking around for something.

McStabbington
2013-06-07, 06:46 PM
Tommy

Tommy looked at the unfolding situation, stunned. Unconsciously, he willed himself out of eyesight.

I'll just watch the situation, under Obfuscate 1

Acanous
2013-06-07, 07:35 PM
Obfuscate was a good choice, as that fleshy monster shows up again, from behind the car. It *Throws* said car at the hatter, who responds by throwing a molotov. The thing starts to run, and you see another man run over to the station and dissappear. A shorter guy slips around from the station and disappears, then reappears with one of the girls, and another on his shoulder like a fireman.

Which is weird, since they're both still laying in the road.

McStabbington
2013-06-12, 08:57 PM
Tommy

Tommy stays low and does his best to follow the guy fireman-carrying the young woman.

Acanous
2013-06-12, 10:32 PM
They slip around the corner, walking past the gas station towards a fenced-off cul-de-sac. A gravel alleyway looks to be the only other way out of here.
The man walks towards it quietly.

McStabbington
2013-06-15, 05:09 PM
Tommy

Tommy followed behind, as quietly and unobtrusively as possible.

Acanous
2013-06-17, 09:13 PM
a few terse minutes later, a white minivan pulls up. Driver didn't seem to notice you.
A side door opens, and a singed looking woman beckons to them from the rear, while a scholarly looking gentleman drives.

The guy you were following hops in, and tosses the one girl's body across the back seats. The other timidly follows.

McStabbington
2013-06-18, 06:41 PM
Tommy

Tommy will move closer to see if he can hop up onto the bumper of the minivan.
Barring that, he will try and get a good look at the license plate number.

Acanous
2013-06-20, 08:12 PM
Make a Dex+Athletics to try hopping the bumper. You can get the plate number, it's easy to see from where you're at.

McStabbington
2013-06-22, 07:22 PM
Tommy

[roll0]

Acanous
2013-06-24, 05:29 PM
You deftly hop onto the bumper, and manage to hang on as the vehicle accelerates. Luckily, it's late and there's not a lot of traffic, otherwise you'd probably be honked at.

The car drives a good 30 minutes just meandering. Give me a Dex+stealth to look like not a kid hanging on the back of a car to any passing traffic. Unless you want the police involved. That might be a thing you want.

McStabbington
2013-06-24, 08:40 PM
Tommy

[roll0]

Acanous
2013-06-24, 09:28 PM
You successfully look like a bundle of stuff that's been tied behind the spare tire.
The vehicle finally makes it's way to the University of Calgary. It's a large complex, and they park right next to the History building. Two men and an injured lady pile out, and help the others over towards the side of the building.

McStabbington
2013-06-26, 08:27 PM
Tommy

Tommy hops off the bumper and sidles into as much cover as the car can offer. He keeps his eyes fixed on the men and women.

Acanous
2013-06-26, 08:49 PM
The lead man, who looks like a professor or something, moves aside a false shrub, and opens a hidden panel on the side of the building. You can see a set of stairs inside. The rest of the troupe limp in, and he shuts the door and replaces the shrub, then walks back towards the car.

Going to bail here, or stick with the driver?

McStabbington
2013-06-26, 08:54 PM
Tommy

Tommy quietly kept the car between him and the professor-type as he scooted backwards towards cover. While it might be interesting to see where he went, his first objective was to protect the young ladies. In the meantime, he did his best to memorize the license plate number.

Acanous
2013-06-26, 10:40 PM
you have the plate memorized. The car zooms off in a westerly direction, the driver not paying much attention to his surroundings. You suppose he must have something else on his mind.

What's the plan?

McStabbington
2013-06-27, 08:27 PM
Tommy

With the car gone, Tommy moved to the bush and opened the panel to look at it. Hopefully it wasn't a keypad with a pin number. . .

Acanous
2013-06-27, 08:31 PM
It looks older than that. Some kind of hidden latch with a secret way of opening it. Must have been put in when the building went up.
It didn't take them very long to get in, though, so it can't be too intricate.
(You can make a Wits+Larceny to open it)

McStabbington
2013-06-27, 08:43 PM
Tommy

I'm still using the old sheets, so I have a dot in security (he's Youtubed how to pick a lock with a hairpin). I'm assuming that transfers over one for one to larceny in the new system.

[roll0] Specialty for Wits ought to apply.

Acanous
2013-06-27, 09:58 PM
Well would you look at that. (Yes it carries over)
You fiddle with the hidden latch and guess the right series of motions. Just took a little wiggling, and you're short enough to see the mechanism kind of.
The hidden door slides open to reveal a stone staircase, leading down. There's another door at the end, a wooden thing on hinges.

McStabbington
2013-06-28, 05:17 PM
Tommy

Tommy breathed deep, fear trickling down his back like sweat did once upon a time. He didn't know anything about this vampire. He didn't know if he could kill him. He didn't even know if the women were still alive. He could well be walking to his death.

But that's what heroes do. Tommy breathed once again, in and out, steadied himself, and crept downwards, opened the door, and stole in as silently as he could.

Acanous
2013-06-28, 05:36 PM
Give me a Dex+Stealth if you please.
You've got two people up and making perc+alert- the skinny black haired guy and the girl in red who got burned.
[roll0]
[roll1]

McStabbington
2013-06-28, 06:48 PM
Tommy

Tommy will unconsciously tap his Obtenebration 1 power to give himself an extra dice.

[roll0]; No specialty applies.

Acanous
2013-06-28, 07:01 PM
You're being quiet enough not to be seen. The place is a library, it looks like. Shelves of old books fill the room, and there's a smaller, lowered circular area for studying. That's where you see the girls- one has been laid out on a table, she looks dead. Another is standing at the foot of the table- the girl from the crash. She's wide eyed and babbling for the moment. The lady that got burned is shushing her while the skinny guy is rooting through books.

"Look, I don't know, OK? She's not dead, I'm pretty sure I got there in time. But she IS totally out of blood. Gonna need an infusion, and soon, or we're going to have problems."
"Abe, this is already a problem."
"And then there was a teddybear but it was BITING and EVIL"
"I know it is, but I didn't bring her down on us. I already saved her from her own folly. I'll help YOU heal up, but she's a bloody risk."
"You think I don't know that? I didn't call her here, I've been trying to keep her AWAY. Look, it's tradition. She came to us, she has three nights before we can kick her out. OK?"
"Then there was FIRE everywhere and why was there fire everywhere?"
"Will your traditions save us if she leads someone here?"
"What is going ooooon???"
The burnt girl in the red dress spins around, and pulls the other girl's *Tongue* out.
"Quiet. I'm trying to think."

McStabbington
2013-06-28, 08:07 PM
Tommy

Tommy went wide-eyed in horror. He thought he needed to protect the women. Instead, he had stumbled on the nest of some . . . incredibly evil vampires. He crept to the most inconspicuous corner he could find, keeping as out of sight as possible, and listened. As he did so, he gently drew his knife from the sheath. If he could stay awake during the day, he might be able to risk pulling his hatchet and stakes from his pack. But until then . . .

Find a quiet corner and Obfuscate + be really, really quiet. This is not the heroic rescue that Tommy envisioned.

Acanous
2013-06-28, 08:43 PM
Right. Well. Time for me to go on an archive trawl to see what happened next...
The man leaves out the same door you came in, while the burned woman snarls orders at the tongueless girl.
"Don't just stand there like a lump, get Luanne washed up. And yourself, while you're at it. We're expecting company, might as well look half-alive instead of half-dead."

McStabbington
2013-06-29, 12:13 PM
Tommy

Tommy tried not to panic. Company? Good grief! It was bad enough that the one girl seemed to have . . . Stockhold Syndrome, was it? The one where they identify with their torturers. But now there will be more of them. Then the image of Batman came to his mind, and Tommy knew he could get through this. Okay, so . . . what would Batman do?

Tommy surveys the room, looking for a couch or some object large enough for him to hide underneath out of sight. In the meantime, he keeps his ears open.

Acanous
2013-07-08, 08:37 PM
There are a few options to hide behind. Upstairs there are multiple library shelves, tall and solid. You see a book cart, you could hide under that, but it's not great for cover. There's a table down in the reading lounge, with that girl layed on it, an a couple of desks- one with a computer.

McStabbington
2013-07-08, 08:49 PM
Okay, so that confuses me a bit. What is the layout of this place so I can idea in my mind's eye where everything is? I'm having a hard time picking, largely because I can't really see in my head what Tommy's looking at right now.

Acanous
2013-07-08, 08:59 PM
OK. The place is similar to an auditorium in layout. There's an upper level crescent, which is most of the place, which is stacked with bookshelves and books. Two stairways curl down into the lower floor, which is where the vampire, the 'dead' girl and the tongueless girl are. There are three doors down there, which lead to rooms underneath the crescent. That's also where the table, two desks (One with a computer) are.
The secret entrance led you to the upper level. There may be another secret exit on the lower level, but it doesn't look like it from here.

McStabbington
2013-07-09, 03:58 PM
Tommy

Tommy ducked into the shelves, crouching and hiding in the darkest, shadiest corner of the library stacks on the upper level. He remembered doing the same at the public library back in Edmonton; he would end up disappearing for hours until his mother searched the stacks one-by-one. He hoped that whomever was coming, they weren't coming for a book.

With luck, they'll go to sleep at daybreak, and I can stay awake.

Acanous
2013-07-09, 10:00 PM
About an hour later, another man walks through the secret entrance. He's carting along thre young women and an older man.

"Hello, friends! I brought refreshments."
He gestures the older man forwards, and it looks very much like the folks downstairs are going to feed.

McStabbington
2013-07-10, 08:37 PM
Tommy

Tommy gaped in horror. Oh no! The absolute last thing he'd wanted was for another vampire to show up with actual hostages. The situation was bad enough with him outnumbered by vamps that could . . . rip body parts off, but to be even more outnumbered, and in a hostage situation. This was bad. Really bad.

But that's what heroes do. He did his best to settle his fluttering nerves, looking around to see what he could do. Looking at the shelves of books . . .

An idea came to him. It wasn't nice. It wasn't pretty. And he was pretty sure Superman would not like it. But he didn't have Superman's powers, and he had to make do with what he had. He quietly unslung his pack, unzipped it quietly, and drew the two items he needed. One was his hatchet. The other . . .

Okay, I don't want to turn my backpack into Batman's utility belt, but it strikes me as entirely reasonable that a Cub Scout like Tommy would have a $.99 Bic lighter. The ability to start a fire on short notice is eminently useful, and it would be something that Tommy as an outdoorsman would be knowledgable enough to know. If he does, he's going to do a couple of things in order.

1) He's going to boost his strength with blood. 4 points if you rule that the point he spent to activate his Obtenebration has run out (which he will then reactivate), 5 if you don't. It puts him at 1 point either way.

2) He will use the Bic lighter to set a book or two on fire.

3) He will move to the next book shelf over and hide, waiting for them to investigate the smoke and fire.

Acanous
2013-07-16, 08:52 PM
You go to set your fire, and you hear... Sounds coming from downstairs. Screaming, and crying. You set your mind to the task and manage to get a flame lit. Sucks, but make a self control check. DC is low, but open flames and vampires...

McStabbington
2013-07-17, 06:35 PM
Tommy

Tommy felt a raging panic rise in him unlike anything he had ever felt, to say nothing of a raging hunger inside him. NO! He drove the fear and the hunger back through sheer force of will. He had to do what Batman would do, and Batman would save those women, and if some books had to burn, so be it!

Tommy burns a willpower point. I'm not taking any chances on that.

With the sounds of screaming in his ears, he was perhaps a little liberal with his application, but he needed smoke and fire now. When he was satisfied that it might draw some attention, he retreated to the other side of the bookstack and hid.

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I'm envisioning that these are freestanding bookshelves that you can get around on both sides. If however that is incorrect and the shelves adjoin the wall, Tommy will either scoop out enough books to go through the shelf to the side opposite the section that's burning, or he will scrabble over the top.

I'll do my best to create a diagram of where I want to be with respect to the bookshelf that I've partly set on fire.

Key:
X = bookshelf.
Y = bookshelf on fire.
_ = Open space between the shelves.
T = Tommy

View from above:

XX ____ XX __T__ XY ____ XX

The basic idea is that I want the section that's burning between me and then. It'll make what comes next even more fun. Once I'm over there, Tommy activates his Obfuscate.

Acanous
2013-07-18, 05:31 PM
You get the books lit, acrid brown smoke starting to curl towards the roof. Some of these manuscripts are quite old and would burn quickly, others are newer and burn black. The mix is good for you, as it means the fire does catch, and doesn't flash out too quickly. The sounds from downstairs have stopped, and you hear a man shout "Fire! April, get the extinguisher, Abe, that bucket! Marcus, save what you can, boy."
Another voice pipes up. "Well, it looks like you folks are busy. I'll drop by again later. Hope you enjoyed my little offering."

From your obfuscated view, you see the suited man head back for the secret exit, while the student-looking guy heads up with a bucket, and the girl in red grabs an extinguisher from downstairs.

McStabbington
2013-07-18, 08:37 PM
Tommy

Tommy waited for them both, crouched low to keep from being hit by errant extinguisher foam or spotted between the stacks. When they'd both arrived, he lunged and pulled, hurling all his superhuman strength into shoving the stacks on top of them.

Acanous
2013-07-22, 06:10 PM
Wow, that's surprisingly effective, and mean. Give me a STR+Melee. (It's as close as I can figure for hitting someone with a bookshelf)

McStabbington
2013-07-22, 07:05 PM
Tommy

You never said whether I needed another bp to re-activate my Obtenebration 1. So I'll post assuming that I didn't need to re-activate it, and if I'm wrong, just knock off the last dice on the roll. With my luck, that would be a ten, but hey, fair's fair.

Strength should be six (1 + 5 bp) plus two potence (no bp expended to make them auto-successes) plus 1 melee equals nine dice. No specialties, obviously.

[roll0]

Edit to add: At this point, Tommy will start swirling shadows around him. Most of it's unconscious, but he's disguising his appearance a bit and creating a shadow that's much larger than he is, disguising his size a bit.

Acanous
2013-07-22, 07:15 PM
You push the solid shelf over onto the black-clad professor, he shouts as the ancient enemy takes it's toll on his undead flesh. His compatriots switch gears, going to put *Him* out as their first priority.
[roll0]
[roll1]
(You don't need to re-spend yet, I figure.)
While the professor seems to hold his composure despite the fire, his red-dressed companion loses her wits and screams, running back down the stairs. The oily looking student tosses his bucket of water at the professor, and douses the flames. Professor spends his action getting out from under the bookshelf.

McStabbington
2013-07-22, 07:59 PM
Tommy

Not sure what the stats are for a Cub Scout hatchet, but the "professor" is getting hit by one as he crawls out from under the bookshelf.

Acanous
2013-07-23, 07:28 PM
OK, that's time for the old initiative.
[roll0] Prof.
[roll1] Freaked girl
[roll2] student.

Prof will be heading to the dropped extinguisher and scooping it up. Screaming lady is still screaming and freaking out, but here's a self control to try acting normally:
[roll3] nope.
finally, the student guy, who will spot you if you're attacking, will try hitting you. With his fist.
[roll4] for [roll5] damage. I forgot to add a V. Will roll this next post. You take half after soak.

Give me your initiative and your Dex+Melee to hit with hatchet. I suppose it'd do 3? D10 damage, on account of the size.

McStabbington
2013-07-23, 07:50 PM
Tommy

Tommy snarled at the vampire crawling out from under the bookshelf, and with the shadows whirling about him like an inky cloak, he lept at him, bringing the hatchet down on him with all his strength.

What's the roll for initiative again? I suppose I'll put it in next roll as well, too.

Attack roll: [roll0] + 1 wp point.
Damage roll: [roll1]

Acanous
2013-07-23, 08:08 PM
(Dex+Wits. You did hit, what's your STR currently at again? 5? Just counting up damage. Here's his soak though.)
[roll0]-1 success.
and the damage I messed up last post: [roll1]- 3 successes.

McStabbington
2013-07-23, 08:31 PM
Tommy

Since Tommy didn't have to put another bp into Obtenebration, his strength is at 6 at the moment. I had 6 bp remaining, five of which just went into strength. Kid may be little, but he hits like a mack truck for the next hour.

Initiative: 3(Dex) + 4(Wits) + [roll0] = 11.

McStabbington
2013-07-25, 12:30 PM
Tommy

Whoops. Probably should have included a soak roll in there somewhere.

[roll0]

Acanous
2013-09-04, 03:20 AM
The Professor is shocked that your Axe actually bit into his torpid flesh. Ichor oozes slowly from the wound. As he stands there in shock, his pallid student ally leaps on you, landing a sledgehammer blow on your back. You hear a meaty thud, but it really doesn't hurt as much as you thought it would.
(1 point went through on both you and the prof.)
The lady is still screaming and running to the stairs, clawing at the secret door in a panic.
Her screams seem to snap the professor out of it, and he picks up the extinguisher.
Initiative:
[roll0] Prof
[roll1] Lady
[roll2] Student

Actions:
Prof will try to douse the flames (I'm not really sure what to even roll for that, gonna go for STR+Melee and treat it like a weapon.)
[roll3] -1 Success.

The student attempts to grab you.
[roll4]

The lady attempts to stop freaking out for a second.
[roll5] Man, what is WITH her today?

Go ahead and declare actions :D

McStabbington
2013-09-04, 06:34 AM
Tommy

Tommy felt the thump of the blow reverberate through him. He had no idea why he had been able to absorb the blow. Must have been adrenaline, the thought flashed through his head. What was key, however, was that the young man was the greatest threat at the moment. Tommy turned and savagely attacked.

Tommy attempts to thump the student back. With an axe. Tommy has very little in the way of finesse and skill right at the moment, but there are times when overwhelming force has a finesse all its own. Let's hope this is one of them.

Attack Roll: [roll0] + 1 wp
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Acanous
2013-09-05, 01:39 AM
(3 points. Rolling Soak)
[roll0]

The professor starts extinguishing the fire, but you can see his hands shaking. He doesn't look very practiced at this, and the fire has him scared witless. The lady at the door finally claws it open, and runs out into the night, gibbering. Your attacker takes that axe, it looks like you got him pretty solidly, but he's still up...somehow. Well, you ARE dealing with monsters.

He grabs on to you by your backpack, and looks a lot less menacing than he probably thinks he does.

McStabbington
2013-09-05, 01:01 PM
. . . So what would be the procedure for slipping the backpack and taking a whack at him? I'm assuming that would require splitting dice pools, but I'll be honest, that has always confused the heck out of me.

This is entirely an ooc post. I'm just collating, as they say.

Acanous
2013-09-06, 02:45 AM
It's opposed STR+Brawl. You get an automatic success for slipping the backpack. So he rolls his STR+Brawl, you roll yours, your DC is his STR+Brawl number, and vice versa. If you get more successes, you escape. If he wins, you'll be soaking some damage.

McStabbington
2013-09-06, 06:48 PM
Tommy

Tommy didn't think as the student hoisted him off the floor bodily by the backpack. Instead, he lifted his arms and tried to slide out. He felt a fury rising in him, and in response, as if called, the shadows not swirling around his face leaped at the student.

Okay, so long as he's going to make a fight of it, let's take every advantage we can, shall we?

Obtenebration 1 to make sure he's got one less stamina as the shadows try and strangle him. Meanwhile, I'll be pulling a straight Str + Brawl roll. Strength is currently 6, Brawl is 1, and I have the two Potence still working for me.

[roll0]

Acanous
2013-09-10, 12:27 AM
[Egad man, that was a good roll]
[roll0] soak.

You hear an orchestra of snapping as The student stumbles backwards, his chest caved in at a decidedly unhealthy angle. Any normal man would be struck dead by the kind of blow you landed on him, and you're not sure if he's still alive as he's thrown backwards into another bookshelf. It topples back, and the shadows cling to him. You can hear the woman making her way up the stairs, and the professor is still battling the flames.

McStabbington
2013-09-10, 01:38 PM
Tommy

Tommy looked at the student in surprise; he hadn't actually meant to do any damage at all when he had slipped the bag. Instead, his legs had caught on one of the shelves before he could get his left hand through, and he had first curled, then flexed his legs and pistoned his fist up in order to yank himself free. He had no clue that he would punch the young man, much less that his fist could inflict that much damage.

The sounds of the fire extinguisher spraying brought him to his senses again. The woman had run off, but she might be coming back. The old man might be the most dangerous; certainly he seemed to be the leader. And they were all vile and evil creatures that might have . . . but that did not bear thinking about. The point was that he needed to even the playing field, and that meant making sure this guy stayed down. He leapt onto the fallen form of the student, and while his left hand pulled the bookbag still clutched in the prone man's hands free, trying to prevent any damage, the right raised the hatchet in his hands, and then brought it crashing down on the young man's head and neck.

One more hit should put him in torpor. Tommy will deal with him permanently later. I also shouldn't need willpower because he's not exactly fighting back all that hard, which is good because I have to husband what I've got left.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Acanous
2013-09-11, 01:39 AM
The hatchet buries itself deep into the student's skull, slipping under the neck and up through the jaw.
The Professor keeps dousing the flames, though when he sees you plunge the hatchet into his ally, his eyes practically bug out.

Soak (He can't soak all of it, but hey, might as well roll it) [roll0]
Initiatives:
[roll1] -Prof.
*The professor is choosing to enter frenzy.*

McStabbington
2013-09-11, 07:30 PM
Tommy

Something deep within Tommy roared in approval, and it took all his control not to revel in the fear he momentarily saw in the old man's eyes as he wrenched the hatchet from the fallen monster beneath him. And then the look turned to something out of his nightmares. Tommy froze for a moment in panic.

And was nearly knocked over as every shadow in the room flew straight into the old man's face. While the old fellow might have lost every shred of humanity in his eyes, even an animal might be momentarily stunned by something flying into their eyes, and this man had wads of inky black goo hit him like a hurricane of shade before crawling up his nose and mouth and caking his eyes. The man raised a hand to clear his face, bringing the fire extinguisher into view. . .

Tommy didn't think. Instead, he channeled every bit of energy he had into flexing his muscles in exactly the way he had learned back at Cub Scout camp before he had come home to find the monsters' handiwork. Good thing they taught us the hatchet toss, the thought passed idly through his head a moment after the hatchet left his hand, supercharged by Tommy's strength.

Tommy will use his initiative to try to throw the hatchet at the fire extinguisher and make it blow up. Hopefully, this will have bad effects on the frenzying vampire, such as making him unable to see and direct damage from flying shrapnel. I'm not exactly sure what the rolls are, so I'll just do regular attack and damage rolls. If the rules say differently, just knock numbers off the end until we get it right.

Attack roll: [roll0] + 1 wp
Damage roll: [roll1]

Acanous
2013-09-12, 06:15 AM
The Extinguisher erupts in a gout of foam and powder. The concussive force from the blast, you're not really sure if it did anything to the monster. You can still hear him roaring like some kind of posessed animal, so you do know he's still up.

The shadows and the fire suppressant have bought you some time, though you're also caked in white chemical goop. The stairs make a tempting option, you could get out of here if you went NOW. The odds probably aren't getting any better for you.

McStabbington
2013-09-16, 06:19 PM
Tommy

For the briefest flash of time, Tommy was sure he was going to run. He was in over his head, he'd already dropped one of the monsters, and the remaining monster had gone insane. And, let's face it, the women were almost certainly already dead.

This is your moment to be a hero, something whispered to him, in a voice that seemed familiar but Tommy couldn't quite place. It's not really heroism if you do it until it becomes really scary.

Tommy teetered for the briefest of moments, his surety now gone. If you run now, you'll have to feed on some other poor innocent, and there is one sure way to put down a vampire. Maybe it was his hunger, maybe it was his fear, but whatever it was, something about the voice made sense, deep in Tommy's mind and heart. He tensed his legs, and like an arrow from a bow, sprang forward and torpedoed into the raging monster, fangs first.

Tommy will try and bite the vampire. OOC, I kind of hope he's got a willpower less than nine or has taken more damage than I thought, since if this doesn't work, I suspect Tommy's about to meet a rather grisly demise. If it does work, Tommy slides a little further into the pit via cannibalizing this fool, which is kind of what his little helper is hoping for.

IIRC, the roll is still Dex + Brawl, and damage is Strength + 1 aggravated. I have two remaining willpower, one of which I will spend here since I kind of need the success.

Attack: [roll0] + 1 wp
Damage: Strength is 6, Potence is 2 and 1 extra is [roll1]