PDA

View Full Version : Gantz

danzibr
2013-04-15, 06:57 AM
I'm kind of surprised there's no Gantz thread. Mainly because it's a really long, ongoing manga.

Anyway, I started reading it a couple weeks ago. I'm only up to chapter 274 when there's the big battle with the Oosaka group
so no spoilers please.

One thing I wanted to comment on was this:
When Kei got the 100 point menu why didn't he revive either the other Kei or the chick who agreed to do it with him? He was going on and on about reviving everything, then he chose to get out of the game instead. That surprised me a good bit.

Also, man this manga is depressing at times.

Also, I haven't watched the show or movies yet.

Eldan
2013-04-15, 07:00 AM
The show's not really worth it. It stops really early, then sticks on a really weird and sort of pointless ending.

LaZodiac
2013-04-15, 10:38 AM
I'm kind of surprised there's no Gantz thread. Mainly because it's a really long, ongoing manga.

Anyway, I started reading it a couple weeks ago. I'm only up to chapter 274 when there's the big battle with the Oosaka group
so no spoilers please.

One thing I wanted to comment on was this:
When Kei got the 100 point menu why didn't he revive either the other Kei or the chick who agreed to do it with him? He was going on and on about reviving everything, then he chose to get out of the game instead. That surprised me a good bit.

Also, man this manga is depressing at times.

Also, I haven't watched the show or movies yet.

Which would you rather do? Stop participating in a horrific game of blood and death, or get layed?

The manga is almost done. I won't spoil it, though I will say that yes, this manga is depressing.

danzibr
2013-04-15, 08:29 PM
Which would you rather do? Stop participating in a horrific game of blood and death, or get layed?

The manga is almost done. I won't spoil it, though I will say that yes, this manga is depressing.
I'd certainly rather not participate in the game, but Kei was talking like he was going to revive those two chicks before he quit.

Anyway, I just read
about the world ending in a week. Nuclear war my ass. Of course it's going to be a massive alien invasion or something. Chapter 282 now.

Tengu_temp
2013-04-15, 08:38 PM

Well, there's the general anime/manga thread.

Fri
2013-04-16, 03:18 AM
I used to read it, then stopped because I can't stand the pacing. The art and story are interesting, but a chapter about detailed second-per-second movement and depict a whole ten seconds or something? Man.

danzibr
2013-04-16, 07:06 AM
I used to read it, then stopped because I can't stand the pacing. The art and story are interesting, but a chapter about detailed second-per-second movement and depict a whole ten seconds or something? Man.
Glad I still have a hundred chapters to read :P

But right, quite a bit of it is like... a second per page. Just watching people sweat.

Kato
2013-04-16, 08:31 AM
Yeah, the pacing also turned me away... I did catch back up a few weeks ago and I'll probably stick to it until it's finally over... The Art is... detailed but sometimes it's so detailed I feel the important stuff gets lost. The art is also good, in general, but I feel like sometimes less is more.

The plot is okay... not grand but okay. Though, I've seen much more depressing stories. There are a few touching depressing scenes but... most of the characters aren't that interesting and if they are they stick around. Most of the time.

Eldan
2013-04-16, 09:04 AM
Glad I still have a hundred chapters to read :P

But right, quite a bit of it is like... a second per page. Just watching people sweat.

A proper, high-quality animated series would probably do a lot for the pacing, if the Director was good.

danzibr
2013-04-17, 12:47 PM
Just readthe sky turning red, end of the world, German company, etc. etc. Interesting... totally knew it wasn't going to be nuclear war that ended the world.

danzibr
2013-05-01, 12:07 PM
Just finished all there is! What a cliffhanger. So, people think
Kei's going to die or not? I kinda think... he won't. Eh, I could see it either way.

LaZodiac
2013-05-01, 01:12 PM
Just finished all there is! What a cliffhanger. So, people think
Kei's going to die or not? I kinda think... he won't. Eh, I could see it either way.

It's already been stated by the mangaka that everyone BUT Kei is going to die.

Kato
2013-05-15, 07:45 AM
I hope this won't count as thread necromancy? As the manga is only updated so rarely...

It's already been stated by the mangaka that everyone BUT Kei is going to die.
Seems like an awfully specific and ratrhe rimpropable spoiler. I'd guess he's just trolling.

New chapter.

Nothing much happening... Kei should have lost but the others intefered and... yeah. One guy dead. And to be honest... I have no idea anymore who he was. Two more chapters they say, then it's over.

Codyage
2013-05-15, 08:05 AM
I hope this won't count as thread necromancy? As the manga is only updated so rarely...

Seems like an awfully specific and ratrhe rimpropable spoiler. I'd guess he's just trolling.

New chapter.

Nothing much happening... Kei should have lost but the others intefered and... yeah. One guy dead. And to be honest... I have no idea anymore who he was. Two more chapters they say, then it's over.

I believe you posted on the day of, it would have been necromancy, I think you are fine.

As for the newest chapter.

More fighting, and the end will be in two chapters. I am assuming story end rather than arc end. Unless something incredibly dramatic happens, I think everyone is going to get out of it all right.

However I think Eeva(The alien they are fighting) is going to be a sore loser, and crash the ship anyways. Which would be a bigger downer.

danzibr
2013-05-15, 09:45 AM
I was actually thinking about the thread necromancy aspect. Like... it comes out rather rarely. The Berserk thread, on the other hand, will surely have thread necromancy by the time the next chapter's out.

Anyway, for the new chapter
June 6th! And 2 more!? Hmm. It seems an abrupt way to end it. I want to know what happens with everyone, seems like a lot to happen in two chapters. But right, if they really do another arc after this... I guess that'd give plenty of time. I'd prefer to see a conclusion to this arc then an update on all the individuals after though.