PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLV

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Devixer
2013-04-15, 11:02 AM
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/TrogTavernAnimated.gif

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Near the stairs to the second floor rooms is a small white stone platform with a blue tree-like symbol on it. Standing on this platform will teleport someone to the Sanctuary Fortress located Inside where healers are always standing by in case of bar-brawls.

Trog's can be found right around the corner from any place in the Nexus. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
Owner and Proprietor: Trog
Manager: El Jaspero
Bartenders: The Watchers (they're nice deranged cultists, really!), Phoebe, Ashna, Ambrosia

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Bouncer: Baby (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8627338#post8627338) (NPC, a dwarf who was raised by orcs and has the intellect of Thog.)

Servers:
Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans
Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Warlock Wine - Best served cold
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
A Drink - Generic booze with ice that can be shaken, stirred, or you know, whatever. Try to be more imaginative next time.
Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house
Dwarf Spirits
Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor
Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood
Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair
Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime
White Russian Wukei - for bounty hunters who dig dairy
Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
Ales: Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best
Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) - for the kids!
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation
Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds
Oni Tea - From the far east.
Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
Root Beer
Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold
Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows

MUNCHIES MENU:
AbyssalNuts - damned and spicy
Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
Bamhacon - where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens
Hero Sandwiches - what else? Served with Villain vinegrette
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip
Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you "the floor"
SMOKABLES:
Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor
Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand

((When this thread reaches page 50, anyone can make the next thread. However, if you want to make changes to the OP, please check in the OOC thread first to make sure everyone agrees.))

Hattish Thing
2013-04-15, 11:14 AM
"Ohhh dear," Romeo says scooting back his chair. That is not a friendly voice.

"Oh my, I didn't mean to insult you Marty," Elio says sympathetically. "I'm sorry so much has happened to you, especially Shada, I didn't know her well, but I can understand loss plenty. It's quite a miracle you're alive, so let's focus on that." He takes another sip of wine before he offers his next two cents. "That may have been the best GLoG could do, but do you have any plans to repair your body further?"

Marty hides his face again, the light now only showing his good face, which is still very unhappy-looking. He kinda glares at Romeo scooting away before speaking. Sorry? I am too. Life is unfair. Shada left me with this c-cloak, and a ring of minor healing. It k-kept m-me from dying. Wouldn't let me die. Now I'm h-here, hiding my face. For the best too, now the people just boo and hiss at me. They don't understand pain. He props his left hand up onto the table, removing it from his pocket. His hand flops down with a sickly thump from the table. He removes the glove slowly, revealing a horribly burnt hand as well. It...well, the palm is just heavily scarred, but his fingers are bones, barely held together by scarred ligaments and dead muscle tissue.

P-Plans? Magic doesn't w-work on m-me. It'll h-have t-to be technology. I once met a scientists named Magtok. He s-seemed like a good m-man, he actually gave me a leg to fix me up when it had been burnt by the gnolls....when Shada d-died... I'm not good around fire, apparently. He sighs heavily before speaking once more. Now, if I c-can contact him, I might be able to repair myself a b-bit. But...I need a j-job now. The Sl-Sleeping Goblin burnt down, Shada and my daughter died. My friends are gone. Y-You're all that's l-left. I'm amazed you even came.

OrchestraHc
2013-04-15, 11:54 AM
Romeo looks embarassed and apologetic at Marty.

"I'm not the kind of person who leaves people Marty. I agree that the technological medical means may be what's best. A robotic arm would grant your mobility back, but I'd reccomend something more middle of the road like skin grafts for your face." Elio adds a deep sigh. "I'm also going to have to reccomend psychological help. Therapy, counseling, something." Sudden tonal shifts in tone of attitude and voice are not okay.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-15, 12:03 PM
Romeo looks embarassed and apologetic at Marty.

"I'm not the kind of person who leaves people Marty. I agree that the technological medical means may be what's best. A robotic arm would grant your mobility back, but I'd reccomend something more middle of the road like skin grafts for your face." Elio adds a deep sigh. "I'm also going to have to reccomend psychological help. Therapy, counseling, something." Sudden tonal shifts in tone of attitude and voice are not okay.

Marty quite scowling at Romeo and moves to Elio. Marty's only a few years older than Romeo. Poor Romeo might be a bit frightened, especially seeing as Marty used to like him. Y-Yes, technology would work. Skin grafts? Y-Yes...that would fix my face f-for the most part. I'd need a n-new eye...and teeth. A robotic arm, or something like it would allow me to move again, and allow m-me to h-hide the burns from p-people... Though that won't change anything, probably. People will always treat me like a monster, now. His eyes narrow down at Elio. ...What? Therapy?! What do you think therapy will do for me, old man?! Waste more of the money I need to fix myself?! I tried counseling, at GLoG. My "therapist" won't even look at me!

Recaiden
2013-04-15, 12:23 PM
Marty may notice that after that outburst, one of the bartenders (a tall woman wearing a grey cowl and a Trog's uniform) is staring at him, a knowing look on their face. If they can see the damaged part of his face from the bar, she'll...smile?

"Is there a problem?"

OrchestraHc
2013-04-15, 12:32 PM
Romeo seems to wilt under Marty's stare. "I... I need to go to the bathroom." Elio nods and the boy runs in the direction of the bathroom.

Elio on the other hand, doesn't even flinch. "That doesn't sound like something GLoG would do, and even if they did, it still matters. You've been through terrible trauma. Such things take a toll on the mind, and a therapist can relieve the tension on your mind and your heart."

Hattish Thing
2013-04-15, 12:50 PM
Romeo seems to wilt under Marty's stare. "I... I need to go to the bathroom." Elio nods and the boy runs in the direction of the bathroom.

Elio on the other hand, doesn't even flinch. "That doesn't sound like something GLoG would do, and even if they did, it still matters. You've been through terrible trauma. Such things take a toll on the mind, and a therapist can relieve the tension on your mind and your heart."

He grins, but it doesn't at all fit Marty's usual friendly smile. His right side has soft, pink lips, shining white teeth and his wonderful blue eye. However, his left face is that horrible skull, eyeless, lipless, his teeth black, his tongue visible through the side of his face... He grins with the look of a man who doesn't know what to do with himself, but hate others. What heart, little man? Look deep into my heart and soul and mind, see what you can see, old man. He sighs and looks over at the barmaid. Problem? N-No. If there is I'll t-tell you. His face is not visible to her, for he doesn't look her way.

He speaks once more to Elio. T-Terrible trauma? Y-Yes. What do I do with m-myself? I'm half a walking c-corpse. I am destined to be n-nothing but a strange man...A burnt up freak. I don't know what t-to do.

McBish
2013-04-15, 01:01 PM
Angie at the bar also glances over at Elio's and Marty's table. Marty's yelling definitely gets her attention. She will gently try to reach out with her empathic senses to try to read his emotions.

Devixer
2013-04-15, 01:10 PM
After a long bit of walking, Iamar heads into the tavern, Cal beside her. She heads to sit at a table.

Deathkeeper
2013-04-15, 01:52 PM
Cal is, in fact, right behind her, his helmet and mask under his arm.
"Nice place. Homey, in a rough sort of way."

Devixer
2013-04-15, 01:54 PM
"Many people new to the Nexus come here first," Iamar says as she sits down. "It is a good place to find more information about this world."

Deathkeeper
2013-04-15, 01:59 PM
Cal sits down, too.
"Seems like a much better place for a first stop than what I got. And I guess plenty of people are pretty confused when they show up."

Morty
2013-04-15, 02:58 PM
"Yes, I was. And you told me that was enough for...something. I think. I don't know what the rest of that sentence was going to be." Ithuriel shrugs awkwardly. It's pretty easy to lose one's train of thought when interrupted like that.

"Ah, yes. Well, I was going to say that some diplomatic skill is sufficient for our purposes, since we don't have that many members who can do it at all. Our group tends to attract those inclined to using force," Wenomir explains.

Recaiden
2013-04-15, 05:55 PM
"If you say so." The barmaid turns away from Marty. Let him yell about his injuries, as long as no one's fighting.

She turns to Iamar and Cal as they take a seat. "Welcome to Trog's! Can I can get you two something to drink?"

((What change in speech color? ))

Gnrlshrimp
2013-04-16, 06:36 AM
"Mmm, that doesn't surprise me. It's nice to know I'll be of some use to you then. I guess I'll head over to Watchtower some time in the near future then." Some time in the near future meaning hopefully a point when Wenomir is around to help speed up the introductory process.

Morty
2013-04-16, 08:16 AM
Wenomir shrugs.
"We could go now, if you want. I don't have anything in particular to do here."

OrchestraHc
2013-04-16, 08:17 AM
"We're fine, everything is fine," Elio says as the barmaid leaves. "I don't have to look at your hear, Marty. A man who needs help is right at the surface. Let's just take this one step at a time. Body, then mind, and then heart. I'll stick with you the whole way."

Gnrlshrimp
2013-04-16, 08:21 AM
...well that works too.

Ithuriel swiftly finishes off her drink.

"Whenever you're ready then. Lead on."

Deathkeeper
2013-04-16, 10:51 AM
"I'll just take a beer. Whatever's popular, as long as it's cold."
Cal's not picky with this sort of thing, it seems.

Morty
2013-04-16, 10:52 AM
Wenomir puts his empty glass on the top, puts his sheathed sword on his back and leads the way out of the tavern.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-16, 11:00 AM
Angie at the bar also glances over at Elio's and Marty's table. Marty's yelling definitely gets her attention. She will gently try to reach out with her empathic senses to try to read his emotions.

Well, Angie will easily read that he's very, very depressed. There's also an unfortunately large amount of anger swirling around in his heart, murderous anger. There's also shame and self-disgust. A bunch of very painful emotions live inside of Marty at the moment.

"We're fine, everything is fine," Elio says as the barmaid leaves. "I don't have to look at your hear, Marty. A man who needs help is right at the surface. Let's just take this one step at a time. Body, then mind, and then heart. I'll stick with you the whole way."

Marty just turns his head a little. His right hand reaches over to take a drink, and poor Elio will be able to see the water flow down his throat...

He then speaks. One s-step? My m-mind is f-fine. I'm fine. H-Happy. Content. F-Fine! I just need to f-fix myself...then I'll b-be f-fine. I'm fine! He seems to be a bit upset that even Elio notices his odd behavior. His left hand twitches softly, the bare fragments of muscle left barely sending signals up to his brain. Stick with me just like Shada did? Eh?

Devixer
2013-04-16, 12:21 PM
Cal sits down, too.
"Seems like a much better place for a first stop than what I got. And I guess plenty of people are pretty confused when they show up."

"Of course," Iamar says. "I was disoriented upon my arrival here myself."

Recaiden
2013-04-16, 01:30 PM
"Sure, one beer, coming right up."

Let's see, what's the default cold thing... the bartender prepares a mug of Guilders' (fumbling a little bit with the glass) and passes it off to Cosmo to deliver to the table.
"I'm...not feeling so great. Get someone to cover the rest of this shift?"

Cosmo grudgingly agrees and brings Cal the drink.

The barmaid makes her way out towards the door, looking very unsteady all of a sudden. The heatless flames around her feet are burning very low, and the light left in her footsteps barely lasts a second.

Deathkeeper
2013-04-16, 01:37 PM
Cal nods as his drink arrives, taking a pull.
"Fully functional refrigeration. Excellent."
He then turns back to Iamar
"But yeah, I guess I really wasn't much better. I just had more time to figure everything out. It was a long walk."

Devixer
2013-04-16, 08:35 PM
Iamar is about to respond when she notices the barmaid not looking too hot (heh.) "One moment," she says, rising from her seat to approach Cal. "Excuse me, do you need help?"

OrchestraHc
2013-04-16, 08:54 PM
Well, Angie will easily read that he's very, very depressed. There's also an unfortunately large amount of anger swirling around in his heart, murderous anger. There's also shame and self-disgust. A bunch of very painful emotions live inside of Marty at the moment.

Marty just turns his head a little. His right hand reaches over to take a drink, and poor Elio will be able to see the water flow down his throat...

He then speaks. One s-step? My m-mind is f-fine. I'm fine. H-Happy. Content. F-Fine! I just need to f-fix myself...then I'll b-be f-fine. I'm fine! He seems to be a bit upset that even Elio notices his odd behavior. His left hand twitches softly, the bare fragments of muscle left barely sending signals up to his brain. Stick with me just like Shada did? Eh?

(Y'know, if magic doesn't work on Marty, it must be some mad-strong science keeping him together.)

"Stick with you like Elio will," Elio says. "Marty, you may not want to admit it, but this sort of thing doesn't happen without trauma. If your physical condition wan't so severe I'd insist we get you counseling first. I can only help you as far as you can trust me. Are you willing to?"

McBish
2013-04-16, 09:39 PM

Angie frowns turning away from the table. She takes some time to think before reaching out again. This time she wants to adjust him, just a bit. This man he is with seems to care and want to help. She will try to plant a small seed of trust in Marty's mind. A very subtle suggestion to trust Elio and listen to him. It might take a bit for it too kick in if it does at all. She finishes up her drink and works on finishing her sandwich.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-16, 09:50 PM
(Y'know, if magic doesn't work on Marty, it must be some mad-strong science keeping him together.)

"Stick with you like Elio will," Elio says. "Marty, you may not want to admit it, but this sort of thing doesn't happen without trauma. If your physical condition wan't so severe I'd insist we get you counseling first. I can only help you as far as you can trust me. Are you willing to?"

(A special kind of blood healing, an extract constantly pumped into him to keep his blood reproducing, powered by a ring given to him from Shada to keep him alive in times of harm.)

Marty growls for a few seconds, his mind running through the best answer to give, ignoring the voices screaming at him inside his head. He offers a hand for Elio to shake. His good hand is given for Elio to shake. Y-You're my oldest l-living friend. You're one of the f-few people I c-can trust. Then h-help me. Now, my l-life as it was is over. You m-must understand that. Counseling with who? Sometimes....I h-hear her in my head...see her...hold her... His voice is fraught with a bit of fear. I hear them all.

Recaiden
2013-04-16, 11:11 PM
"No I-" She trips, and just catches herself on a table.
"Maybe. Uh, yes? The flames are unwell, and they won't talk to me. I need to be away from here and people. Help me walk outside?"

The flames get a little more intense. But, darker at the same time. There are traces of black flames among the more normal colors. Marty, if he notices the ill employee, might recognize them.

((Wait, this can't be the same continuity for Marty, even if it is for her. This has to happen coincident with the scene in Outside))

Devixer
2013-04-16, 11:16 PM
Iamar nods without another word, and tries to get her arm around Cal's shoulder so she can assist with walking. Hopefully her weapons won't make Cal uncomfortable.

Deathkeeper
2013-04-16, 11:18 PM
Cal takes one more pull from his drink before standing up and helping to support the barmaid (has she said her name yet?). It's bad practice to waste good beer, after all.
He really hopes the flames don't singe his duster. Oh, and that she's okay, that too.

Recaiden
2013-04-16, 11:25 PM
"Thank you." The bartender, who has not given a name yet, tries to stand on their own, but ends up leaning heavily on them.

Although it's slow, it's pretty apparent that as the flames at her feet go down, and are replaced with unnatural dark flames, she's getting worse. Leaving might not actually be the best plan.

Devixer
2013-04-16, 11:28 PM
Iamar slows up a bit. "What is your condition?" she asks upon noticing the flames at the barmaid's feet changing. "Perhaps you should sit down."

Deathkeeper
2013-04-16, 11:32 PM
Cal looks worried, and just a little helpless. "I think so, too. You're going to have to help me out to help you; where I come from people aren't on fire on a regular basis and I'm kinda at a loss here."

Recaiden
2013-04-16, 11:40 PM
The barmaid does stop and sit down, at his suggestions. "Right. It's fairly uncommon where I'm from also. I thought I was just ill, but the flames are...they are wrong." She sounds terrified by that concept.
"My condition? These flames are attached to me. We depend on each other. If I'm hurt they're dim, and now the reverse?, but nothing should be able to effect them."
The barmaid holds out a hand, palm up. She clearly expects something to happen...but it doesn't.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-16, 11:41 PM
Sorry for skipping you Orchestrahc, but Marty notices something important.

He sees the barmaids fire at her feet, normally he would ignore the weirdness that comes out of Trog's, but...black fire. He stands up and reaches into his coat extremely fast, Elio might not get to react in time. He speaks. You! Wielder of dark fire! BLACK fire! HELLFIRE! Your kind did this to me! His hood falls back revealing his horribly gruesome face, and he pulls the pistol from his coat, immediately firing at her chest.

Devixer
2013-04-16, 11:50 PM
Elio may not react to Marty pulling out a pistol, but Iamar certainly does. She is more than quick enough to put herself in the line of fire between him and the barmaid, and the stealth armor beneath her robes is able to block the shot. "Lower your weapon and give yourself up!" She shouts, grabbing the hilt of her sword with one hand and preparing to extend her hidden blade.

Deathkeeper
2013-04-17, 12:03 AM
Gunfight! Back in his element!
Cal actually ignores his heavy rifle and goes straight for the revolver at his hip; he's got a pretty fast draw. His .45's barrel is trained directly between Marty's eyes. His face is not much worse than the Ghouls he's talked to.
"How about we all take a step back from things and calm down? You don't know this woman, and you've got nothing to prove that she has ANYTHING to do with the sap who nailed you. So just take a second to think about this before you get yourself killed."

Recaiden
2013-04-17, 12:04 AM
"What the <censored> are you talking about?" The barmaid thought she left had behind the days when people randomly shot at her long ago.

She sort of fails to dive out of her seat, behind Iamar, and ends up falling. Looking around desperately, she remembers the little-used fireplace of Trog's, whose flames immediately flare up, threatening to escape their little enclosure.

"There's no one of my kind except...something's happened to my family, hasn't it? That's why the flames are hurt."

McBish
2013-04-17, 12:16 AM
Angie continues to sit at the bar. She also tries to instantly calm Marty by draining any anger or negative emotions from him temporarily. She doubts that she will be able to drain it all, but maybe enough to calm him down some and stop him from shooting. She does eye the flames nervously.

Zefir
2013-04-17, 05:24 AM
Mika shakes off her deadtime and waves at the people in the bar. She stops as she notice that most people are caught in another fight and just nips on her Nuke Cola
Mika appears as a young human woman, but some things are different. The obviously is that she has no human ears. Instead she got fox ears on top of her head and a tail on her back swings left and right. Maybe people know what a Kitsune (http://einerwie.deviantart.com/favourites/?offset=48#/dlegwg)is, because she is one.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/smilies/interactionwanted.png

Dark Elf Bard
2013-04-17, 09:47 AM
Dragon table

Um, okay, that still doesn't tell me where you got the dragon.

OrchestraHc
2013-04-17, 06:04 PM
Surprised at Marty's outburst, Elio is unable to stop the initial bullet. "Marty!" Elio is on him immediately. Ripping his hat off his thinly covered head he attempts to block the gun with the his hat, he very much doubts any mere bullet will go through. He also attempts to seize Marty by the arm, and very firmly tells him to "Calm the hell down."

Hattish Thing
2013-04-17, 06:32 PM
Marty shoots the gun, and I suppose it never gets past Elio's magical hat! The bullet fires into the hat, and probably rolls out harmlessly. Marty breathes in heavily and looks at the men with weapons pointed at him. He speaks out. Y-You d-don't understand. Those f-flames are unique. Black fire, Fearblaze. A special fire that feeds on the fear of the v-victim. It did this to me. He points the butt of his pistol at his face. He also raises his arm, showing the tavern the skeletal hand. Y-You're kind?! Witch, you will not speak to me with your lying devil tongue. He glares hatefully at her, his blue eye looking over her figure with hatred. S-She deserves to burn. That flame is Hellish, demonic....wretched, an affront to nature. She d-deserves to BURN! He'll attempt to walk closer to her.

Devixer
2013-04-17, 11:29 PM
Iamar, who wasn't pointing any weapon at Marty, now draws her sword and holds it at the ready. "I give you one more warning. Drop the weapon and give yourself to Remnant," she says.

Deathkeeper
2013-04-17, 11:35 PM
Cal looks incredulous to say the least.
"Uh, so you're threatening to shoot her because her magic fire happens to be black? Did it ever occur to you that maybe someone capable of producing fire from nowhere could change its color without being hellish? Not one more step! You got a problem, you can talk about it, but you do NOT shoot people when I'm around."
Admittedly, pyromancy is such a stretch to him that changing its color seems like nothing. Which in a way it is.

Zefir
2013-04-18, 01:32 AM
Dragon table

Um, okay, that still doesn't tell me where you got the dragon.

Dragon table

Well, wouldn't he wear a mask he would look confused.

"Are you listenening to me? I said I don't have one. It's just easier to ask it this way."

It's really confusing. He knows that she wasn't reading his mind and the mask should prevent detecting his lie by mimic.

Jsaur
2013-04-18, 11:03 AM
Alusien walks in, slightly confused. He's a lightly built young man (perhaps twenty-five) with blond hair and unusual orange eyes - a sign of excessive arcane use.

"Well, I don't think that I've been here before. Heck, I haven't given much of a thought about this whole Nexus business, except when I was Outside collecting some of this."

He pulls a vial of a thick green fluid out of his pocket, and then puts it back in.

"Could someone quickly explain what's going on here? I decided to stop by before I get to my lab back home, get a bite to eat, you know."

Recaiden
2013-04-18, 07:58 PM
The barmaid would make a joke, but this is kind of a humorless situation. It probably wouldn't be well received.

"I've never seen this flame before just now. Since you have, how about you try to help me, and not try to kill me?"

Devixer
2013-04-18, 11:22 PM
Meanwhile, in a strictly non-scuffle timeline, Orrin enters the tavern, probably followed by Dolores.

"Well, least the bars look familiar," he says as he glances around the tavern.

CentrifugalSalt
2013-04-19, 01:20 AM
Desmond, a disheveled young man, sits in a corner, clutching a glass of a foggy brew and watching the door. When Alusien enters, he sits up.
"You don't know what's going on here? Great, neither do I. In fact, I don't even remember arriving here." He hastily downs the rest of drink, then stands up slowly.
"Your question... Do the answers really matter? We're here, even if we don't know where here might be." Desmond pauses, seeming lost for a moment, then returns his attention to the scene arouind him. "But I'm speaking nonsense. I think I heard you say something about a lab?" He asks, staring curiously at Alusien. "You have one?"

BladeofObliviom
2013-04-19, 03:16 AM
Meanwhile, in a strictly non-scuffle timeline, Orrin enters the tavern, probably followed by Dolores.

"Well, least the bars look familiar," he says as he glances around the tavern.

Indeed, Dolores follows him inside. Since this is a new thread again, I should probably keep up with the description.

Nah, screw it. I'll just link a picture of what I'm describing anyway. (http://kyozokicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CM-Capture-11.png)

Anyway, she's armed with a .44 Revolver in a holster at her hip in addition to a 12-Gauge Automatic Riot Shotgun slung across her back. She's hardly about to take either of them out, but it's enough of a warning to keep the riffraff away.

"Yup. Serve a lot of the same drinks, too. Even Nuka-Cola! Which is good, because I actually would like to try a version of the stuff that isn't totally flat.

Anyway, do you want to try getting some info out of the barmaid, or would you rather I did the talking?"

Her voice is still gravelly and deep, like a victim of Smoker's lung despite the fact that she's never lit tobacco in her life.

McBish
2013-04-19, 09:58 AM
Angie's face darkens as Marty starts to act more threatening. She figures to hell with subtlety and just tries to dampen all his emotions. Hopefully that will calm him down. Also would she notice a spell on him to make it so he doesn't feel sadness? I would think as an Empath that would be fairly obvious.

OrchestraHc
2013-04-19, 01:52 PM
Actually Marty's bullet flies into a storage unit where it strikes against a suit of armor, goes through an autographed sketch of Gandalf the Grey (very intentionally placed next to an autographed picture of Sir Ian McKellen), hitting an Indiana Jones pinball machine, bouncing off against a concrete wall rolling out of his hat. Effectively the same result, but with that added bit of flavor

Marty might not be going anywhere, even if Elio's grip, previously mentioned but never confirmed or denied, doesn't hold, he magically pulls a few chairs into the air and blocks off Marty's path to the barmaid, as well as Iamar's route to Marty

"Hold on Ma'am, we'll be surrendering in just a moment," He says to Iamar before turning his attention back to Marty. "Marty, as your friend, I recommend that you put down the weapon and surrender. Remnant probably has access to the best medical technology you could ask for and I'm sure they'll help you. That girl has nothing to do with your attack, let her be. Please."

Jsaur
2013-04-19, 08:40 PM
Alusien turns his head and focuses on Desmond. "Indeed I do, albeit a small one. I've been studying various materials and lifeforms with it. The problem is, I'm not used to this specimen."

He shows Desmond the vial of green liquid.

"Now that I think about it, I don't really care why I'm here. I just have this odd feeling that I've been put here for a reason."

He pauses, not knowing what to say next.

Devixer
2013-04-19, 08:46 PM
Iamar does not let up, keeping the point of her blade pointed and ready to pierce Marty's heart if it comes to that.

"I'll get us some drinks. What do you take?" Orrin asks, more than ready to judge Dolores based on her choice of alcohol.

CentrifugalSalt
2013-04-19, 09:24 PM
"There are plenty of reasons, but you've got to choose them for yourself. Maybe a reason can be to help me out."

Desmond abruptly shifts his attention to the vial in Alusien's hand. He stares into the green liquid intently. "Do you have any clue what it is? Is it alive?"

Jsaur
2013-04-19, 09:30 PM
"Well, I'm not sure," says Alusien regrettably, "but I think there's something inside. Let me try something."

Alusien whirls the vial around. Sure enough, a black sphere is whizzing around the inside, and settles when the vial stops moving.

"It's been giving off very high energy levels. It seems like it's some kind of nourishment or food for...something. Whatever's inside."

CentrifugalSalt
2013-04-19, 09:51 PM
Desmond looks up from the vial and looks curiously at Alusien.

"These high energy levels, could they be used somehow? Harnessed?" He frowns. "Well, you probably don't know, you've got to study it in your lab first. Hmm... wonder where it came from."

Seeming to forget Alusien for a moment, Desmond returns to his table and retrieves a satchel from beside the chair. He pulls a flask out of the satchel, then turns back to Alusien with a slight grin.

"So, what would happen if we opened it up in here?"

BladeofObliviom
2013-04-20, 04:51 AM
Meanwhile, Dolores is confusedly staring at the drink menu. She's slipped her helmet off again, to get better visibility. She figures that if she hasn't been shot by now, nobody here's about to shoot her for looking like a zombie. There are weirder-looking people here anyway, like poor lonely tentacle-beard in the corner over there.

"What the hell is an Ichor Liquor? Why the $@#! would anyone want to drink blood? And that doesn't even rhyme unless you pronounce it wrong!"

Yeah, it might be a moment.

"Oh, screw it. If it has enough alcohol in it to not be water and isn't a lethal dose, I'll drink it. Hard to be picky after the fall of civilization and all."

Jsaur
2013-04-20, 07:09 AM
"Probably nothing," says Alusien, "since it's just a liquid. I found this Outside in a natural state, exposed to air, and nothing was unusual."

He thinks. "Mind if I sit down? I did bring some of my testing equipment, and I'm in need of a drink."

Hattish Thing
2013-04-20, 06:23 PM
Actually Marty's bullet flies into a storage unit where it strikes against a suit of armor, goes through an autographed sketch of Gandalf the Grey (very intentionally placed next to an autographed picture of Sir Ian McKellen), hitting an Indiana Jones pinball machine, bouncing off against a concrete wall rolling out of his hat. Effectively the same result, but with that added bit of flavor

Marty might not be going anywhere, even if Elio's grip, previously mentioned but never confirmed or denied, doesn't hold, he magically pulls a few chairs into the air and blocks off Marty's path to the barmaid, as well as Iamar's route to Marty

"Hold on Ma'am, we'll be surrendering in just a moment," He says to Iamar before turning his attention back to Marty. "Marty, as your friend, I recommend that you put down the weapon and surrender. Remnant probably has access to the best medical technology you could ask for and I'm sure they'll help you. That girl has nothing to do with your attack, let her be. Please."

Marty watches the bullet roll around and growls at the swords and things pointed at him. Elio and other spellcasters will notice they're's a powerful aura of cyromancy around him. Just as the Fearblaze could even melt elementium, his special magic could even freeze the heart...even emotions. His grin fades. Nothing? Wait, p-please....h-hear me out. I will n-not surrender, I've done nothing wrong. J-Just listen to me for a minute. The Fearblaze is unique. I know it's m-magic... It is rare, only three p-pyromancer's h-have ever been able to wield it. Well, f-four since that hermit.

Angie's face darkens as Marty starts to act more threatening. She figures to hell with subtlety and just tries to dampen all his emotions. Hopefully that will calm him down. Also would she notice a spell on him to make it so he doesn't feel sadness? I would think as an Empath that would be fairly obvious.

Marty does not feel sadness, only anger. See, he sold a fourth of his soul to Sticks in exchange for not feeling depressed, sad, or feeling any sadness at all by ripping that emotion away as well. So, that spell won't work. He's not sad, he's bat**** crazy and upset. Dampening his emotions works a bit, he's not going to shoot anyone. In fact, Marty drops his gun on the floor. He will attempt to move towards the barkeep, hands high. Trying to simply move the swords pointing at him away. I am t-the only cyromancer powerful to destroy Fearblaze. I p-practice a unique magic, g-gifted t-to me.

Cal looks incredulous to say the least.
"Uh, so you're threatening to shoot her because her magic fire happens to be black? Did it ever occur to you that maybe someone capable of producing fire from nowhere could change its color without being hellish? Not one more step! You got a problem, you can talk about it, but you do NOT shoot people when I'm around."
Admittedly, pyromancy is such a stretch to him that changing its color seems like nothing. Which in a way it is.

Marty just glares and keeps walking. Don't speak to me, simpleton. N-Now, Fearblaze is tied to my v-very being. I know it. It is evil, ultimately corrupting. W-Wielded by terrible men. Evil men. Such as Z-Zane Darkstar. S-Servant to that r-robot called Enshadu. He's s-spreading the Fearblaze, giving other his p-powers. I s-saw it m-myself. Observe. He snaps his fingers, and a large cube of ice appears in his hand. He then hands it over to Cal, and if he doesn't accept, just drops it in front of him. A picture of black fire has been sculpted or melted into the cube.

Iamar, who wasn't pointing any weapon at Marty, now draws her sword and holds it at the ready. "I give you one more warning. Drop the weapon and give yourself to Remnant," she says.

Marty will just pass by, and if she doesn't move her sword, she might find it starts to become a little bit colder to the touch. P-Please. I'll g-go wherever y-you want after this.

The barmaid would make a joke, but this is kind of a humorless situation. It probably wouldn't be well received.

"I've never seen this flame before just now. Since you have, how about you try to help me, and not try to kill me?"

Marty will e by her now, hopefully. He looks down at her feet, the fire licking the bottoms of her body. His eye slants down in anger. AS I've explained, this m-magic is dark. Pure evil f-from the pits of Hell. A fire that b-burns only in the deepest recess of nightmares and in the dark s-shadows of the world's most d-demonic places. Now, I c-can fix y-you. I do believe it spreads b-by family. Do y-you h-have a long-lost r-relative? Zane? Or a certain h-hermit...Living in Outside? J-Just hold tight, you'll get a little cold. It won't h-hurt you. He moves very close, but he's carrying no weapons. He'll point at her feet. Next, she might suddenly feel a bit of a chill at her feet. Then, her boots or any kind of clothing she's wearing will begin to frost over... The floor around her will become slippery, as the wood freezes over. Magic that Marty bargained with an infamous demon for begins to take effect. The Fearblaze will most likely freeze completely over. The numbfrost, given to him by Calublufiok as per the terms of his deal, is the only thing that can freeze fearblaze.

CentrifugalSalt
2013-04-20, 06:30 PM
"Sure, go ahead. Nice to have some company." Desmond reaches down to his satchel and pulls out a yellow notepad. He takes a sip from the flask, then begins scrawling something on the pad.

"Where'd you get all this equipment? Are you a scientist of some kind?"

Deathkeeper
2013-04-20, 11:04 PM
(huh. Multiple Rangers in the bar at the sort-of same time. What are the odds? About the same as anything else in the Nexus, I guess.)

Cal does not, in fact, accept strange blocks of ice generated by abilities the continuity has given Marty. He does not put his gun away, although it's lowered somewhat (still pointed at him, though).
He'll wait for the barmaid's reaction before he tries to puzzle out what his reaction should be.

McBish
2013-04-20, 11:23 PM
Marty does not feel sadness, only anger. See, he sold a fourth of his soul to Sticks in exchange for not feeling depressed, sad, or feeling any sadness at all by ripping that emotion away as well. So, that spell won't work. He's not sad, he's bat**** crazy and upset. Dampening his emotions works a bit, he's not going to shoot anyone. In fact, Marty drops his gun on the floor. He will attempt to move towards the barkeep, hands high. Trying to simply move the swords pointing at him away. I am t-the only cyromancer powerful to destroy Fearblaze. I p-practice a unique magic, g-gifted t-to me.

Angie didn't try any spell. I just asked if she would have noticed the lack of sadness. Dampening the emotions was all she was trying there. Going insane can often happen when you start removing your emotions. Angie is going to do some mental probing at the effects the spell that keeps Marty from feeling sadness. Hopefully it isn't tied to the loss of his soul she doubts she would be able to fix that.

Devixer
2013-04-20, 11:26 PM
"I really hope these people have absinthe at the very least," Orrin says as he looks over the drink menu.

---
"I will believe that when I see it," Iamar says. She might feel the slightly colder hilt of her sword if she wasn't wearing gloves.

Recaiden
2013-04-21, 12:21 AM
Elio and other spellcasters will notice they're's a powerful aura of cyromancy around him. Just as the Fearblaze could even melt elementium, his special magic could even freeze the heart...even emotions. His grin fades. Nothing? Wait, p-please....h-hear me out. I will n-not surrender, I've done nothing wrong. J-Just listen to me for a minute. The Fearblaze is unique. I know it's m-magic... It is rare, only three p-pyromancer's h-have ever been able to wield it. Well, f-four since that hermit.

The barmaid also notices. The flames in the fireplace do spill over now, and the floor starts to smolder and burn. a couple of patrons who thought they were safely away from the fight get up and try to leave.

"I'm listening. Fearblaze. Sounds right for what it's trying to make me feel."

Marty will e by her now, hopefully. He looks down at her feet, the fire licking the bottoms of her body. His eye slants down in anger. AS I've explained, this m-magic is dark. Pure evil f-from the pits of Hell. A fire that b-burns only in the deepest recess of nightmares and in the dark s-shadows of the world's most d-demonic places. Now, I c-can fix y-you. I do believe it spreads b-by family. Do y-you h-have a long-lost r-relative? Zane? Or a certain h-hermit...Living in Outside? J-Just hold tight, you'll get a little cold. It won't h-hurt you. He moves very close, but he's carrying no weapons. He'll point at her feet. Next, she might suddenly feel a bit of a chill at her feet. Then, her boots or any kind of clothing she's wearing will begin to frost over... The floor around her will become slippery, as the wood freezes over. Magic that Marty bargained with an infamous demon for begins to take effect. The Fearblaze will most likely freeze completely over. The numbfrost, given to him by Calublufiok as per the terms of his deal, is the only thing that can freeze fearblaze.

The barmaid has moved a bit away, just cautiously, not trying to flee. It takes a bit to trust people after they shoot at you, even when they're explaining. "Okay. Okay. Yes, I did. Lu-she's here in Outside? Why would that? No, I, I can't be cold." The barmaid is getting more and more uneasy as Marty gets closer. Normally no cyrourgist would be worth fearing, but in these circumstances...
Her clothes do frost over. Then they thaw, as the fearblaze burns brighter and hotter and larger. And then they start to freeze again. "He's..." The flames slow, starting to cool, and she wavers.
"He's-he's lying! He-stop him! Please, quick!" She slowly lifts up a hand towards Marty, as though against a heavy weight, and a bit of fearblaze shoots towards him.

Then she collapses and falls, crashes against the table she was leaning on earlier, and hits the ground. Still apparently conscious, as she's struggling to get back up. But she's also struggling to draw breath, so it's totally unsuccessful. The flames are an odd texture now, nearly solid and frozen through.

Whatever Marty thought would happen, it's definitely hurting her.

BladeofObliviom
2013-04-21, 12:45 AM
(huh. Multiple Rangers in the bar at the sort-of same time. What are the odds? About the same as anything else in the Nexus, I guess.)

Crazy, right? Of course, you don't know that. What if she's a legion spy? :smalltongue:

Anyway, Dolores shrugs.

"Some decent absinthe would be great, actually. Anything to get over the shock of this place..."

Moofin Bard
2013-04-21, 01:48 AM
A brunette woman in a trench coat is behind the bar. She doesn't exactly look like she works here. She's systematically going through all the cupboards and looking for something.

horngeek
2013-04-21, 01:57 AM
Brianna Corcoran, eyes gray as smoke, hair red as flame, enters the bar... sees the woman... and sighs, smiling slightly. "Again, Ellie? You know I could help you if I knew what you're looking for..."

Moofin Bard
2013-04-21, 02:08 AM
The top of Eleanor's head peeks over the counter and she looks at Brianna with innocent eyes. "What? I'm not hurting anyone. And I can't tell you. It's a secret."

horngeek
2013-04-21, 02:12 AM
"People still don't like it when ye go somewhere like that, though.

...is it not your secret to tell? You're certainly dedicated to finding it..."

Brianna pulled up a chair, sitting down on it.

Moofin Bard
2013-04-21, 02:17 AM
Eleanor Thorne looks back longingly at the rest of the bar. It's obvious she wants to search the rest of it but, like a good friend, she walks out from behind it and pulls up a chair next to Brianna. "I can't tell you whose secret it is."

horngeek
2013-04-21, 02:21 AM
"All right."

Brianna looks like she wants to say more, help somehow... but no.

"So, how've you been?"

Moofin Bard
2013-04-21, 02:25 AM
Eleanor ponders this question for a moment as if she's not sure what answer she should give.

"Busy is probably the best way to describe it. What about you?"

horngeek
2013-04-21, 02:43 AM
Brianna nodded, smiling. "Aye, I've been a bit busy too. Had some meetings with my mum recently, mostly about this place."

Moofin Bard
2013-04-21, 02:45 AM
Eleanor nodded thoughtfully in response.

"That's good. So listen. I can't tell you anything about what I'm looking for but I can tell you one thing."

((Aaaanddddd Moofin deadtimes))

horngeek
2013-04-21, 02:47 AM
Brianna tilted her head, smiling at the other woman...

"Oh?"

Jsaur
2013-04-21, 10:11 AM
"Sure, go ahead. Nice to have some company." Desmond reaches down to his satchel and pulls out a yellow notepad. He takes a sip from the flask, then begins scrawling something on the pad.

"Where'd you get all this equipment? Are you a scientist of some kind?"

Alusien sits down opposite Desmond. "Erm, effectively. More of a wizard per se, though I did find some interest in science." Alusien traces a circle on the table with his finger while muttering to himself. The tracing begins to glow blue, and a thin rim emerges from the line. He takes the vial of liquid and pours it into the "container", so that a thin film is spread evenly over the table.

Soon he notices that the black sphere he saw earlier appears to be sucking in the green fluid, forming a small vortex. It also appears to be growing in size.

"Well, that's unusual. I'm now pretty sure that this is a nutrient of some kind. What is the sphere using it for?"

The sphere begins shaking, and it is no longer absorbing the liquid. By this time it's about the size of a golfball, much too big to put back in the vial.

Moofin Bard
2013-04-21, 03:20 PM
Brianna tilted her head, smiling at the other woman...

"Oh?"

"It's definitely here somewhere. In the Nexus. I just don't know where."

horngeek
2013-04-21, 04:52 PM
"Well... good luck on your search, and if you need my help or get into trouble, give me a call, okay?"

The scion smiled at the adventurer. "You've been a good friend to me, after all."

Zefir
2013-04-30, 04:42 AM
Mika shakes off her deadtime again. It's still some time, since she found someone to talk with.
Mika appears as a young human woman, but some things are different. The most obviouse fact is that she has no 'normal' ears. Instead she got fox ears on top of her head and a tail on her back swings from left and right. People who know about her kind can clearly say, that she is a Kitsune (http://einerwie.deviantart.com/favourites/?offset=48#/dlegwg). She wears a t-shirt and jeans as in the picture.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/smilies/interactionwanted.png

Recaiden
2013-04-30, 02:13 PM
A figure walks up to sit by Mika. Everyone else is busy with watching telescopes or being kidnapped, so they figure a visit to Trog's is in order.

It appears to be a male human youth (http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3961/tek512fcb8ebf2917558205.png) Sunglasses on top of head, no box in hand, no glow around him, although his orange necklace is glowing softly.

"Hello there. Not often we see someone so interesting around the town. Could I buy you a drink?"

Dark Elf Bard
2013-04-30, 02:37 PM
Dragon table

"Are you listenening to me? I said I don't have one. It's just easier to ask it this way."

It's really confusing. He knows that she wasn't reading his mind and the mask should prevent detecting his lie by mimic.

She glares at him. Why would you be asking if you dodn't have one?

OrchestraHc
2013-04-30, 03:04 PM
"Ooooooh dear." Elio teleports with a *BLIP* to the barmaid's side. The wizard waves his hand and a pair of controlled chairs attempt to shove Marty into a third chair, which itself will raise Marty into the air like a Horah.

On the ground, Elio is going to be trying to magically hijack and surpress the ice magics hurting the girl, and maybe magically analyze her for information on whatever this Fearblaze is.

Zefir
2013-04-30, 03:56 PM
She glares at him. Why would you be asking if you dodn't have one?

"Researches" he sais, holding up the notes to underline the statement. "I'm intressed in this stuff. Wisdom if might."

A figure walks up to sit by Mika. Everyone else is busy with watching telescopes or being kidnapped, so they figure a visit to Trog's is in order.

It appears to be a male human youth (http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3961/tek512fcb8ebf2917558205.png) Sunglasses on top of head, no box in hand, no glow around him, although his orange necklace is glowing softly.

"Hello there. Not often we see someone so interesting around the town. Could I buy you a drink?"

Mika giggles at the offer.

"Sure, but I prefer to trade names first. Mine is Mika."
She smiles at him and tilts her head slightly to the side. The expression in her face speaks for itself.

Hattish Thing
2013-04-30, 03:59 PM
Marty stops his ice magic. This was not supposed to happen! The Fearblaze should have been frozen solid. The numbfrost was stronger than fearblaze. Though both had corny names. As a secondary effect, her toes will probably have contracted frostbite. Her very blood frozen.

Marty is pushes into a chair and risen up. He doesn't like this at all. Too many people... He wanted to see Elio alone. Marty speaks now, in the air. P-Perhaps you d-don't understand... The numbfrost must destroy the fearblaze. The only way is to freeze it from existence, Elio. Nothing else can effect it. The fearblaze is a harmful flame. Cruel. Destructive. I preserve. I n-never destroy... Elio... I don't appreciate y-you luring me into a trap for authorities to lock me up. All I'm d-doing is trying t-to help.

He'll attempt to freeze the chair solid, which can be easily done. The chair explodes from expanding, and frozen wood chunks go flying. Marty drops to the floor, and will then throw his hands up in the air. Y-You can't suppress the m-magic now, Elio. It will destroy the f-fearblaze until I tell it t-to stop. The fearblaze will corrupt her, I'm purifying her. For the g-greater good. But... I will stop. For you, old f-friend. He reaches his hand out, and the numbfrost will stop spreading. Marty looks upset he's not allowed to destroy the fearblaze here.

Recaiden
2013-04-30, 09:27 PM
Mika giggles at the offer.

"Sure, but I prefer to trade names first. Mine is Mika."
She smiles at him and tilts her head slightly to the side. The expression in her face speaks for itself.

He nods, and smiles back. "I'm Atorre. A pleasure to meet you."

On the ground, Elio is going to be trying to magically hijack and surpress the ice magics hurting the girl, and maybe magically analyze her for information on whatever this Fearblaze is.

The Fearblaze is a special form of fire, that, as its name implies, feeds on fear, burning it as a self-sustaining fuel much faster than any actual substance burns. Dark black, but in this case, mixed up with normal yellow-orange fire.

Elio (and Marty, through the numbfrost) could probably magically see that this fire can't be put out without killing her, and her being alive is what's giving it the unnatural resistance to the frost. Easy fix though. Just do anything that should put out the flames, then kill her, and they'll go out for good.

Just a tiny bit of free flame is still glowing, amidst all the ice.

"Thank you." To Elio.

Zefir
2013-05-02, 03:15 PM
Mika offers a hand for handshaking, a commen gesture.

"A pleasure." she responds.

"So what brings you in the most entertaining, but also most violent tavern in the nexus?"

Right to the point.:smallwink:

McBish
2013-05-02, 03:43 PM
Angie is going to do some mental probing on Marty. Specifically at the effects the spell that keeps Marty from feeling sadness. Hopefully it isn't tied to the loss of his soul she doubts she would be able to fix that. Depending on what she finds she will try to undo the spell making it so Marty can feel sadness once again.

Recaiden
2013-05-02, 08:54 PM
Atorre reaches out and shakes her hand.

"All of the most interesting people, of course." He looks around at the clientele of Trog's to make the point. Even if there's no fight going on, it's quite a scene most of the time.

"How about yourself?"

Beans
2013-05-03, 12:22 AM
A young lady walks in.
A totally ridiculous young lady. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15151876&postcount=833)
Mostly it's just the huge chakram on her back, maybe the hair... until she opens her mouth, revealing a bunch of pointy teeth and a ridiculous accent.
Seating herself at the bar, the underdressed and overburdened gal orders a... 'drink'.
Hwee hwud like hwun pahrts tekeela an' twoo paahrts chipootle tahbaskoos.

Zefir
2013-05-03, 01:58 AM
Miak waves at the newcomer in a friendly way. She just can't really resist to be nice to foreign people. She turns back to Atorre after that.

"Oh, that is easy. I was just looking for some entertainment and maybe someone to talk."

Even thought she smiles, it's possible to hear that she is a bit sad.

Recaiden
2013-05-03, 08:50 AM
Atorre also turns and looks at the new person. "You really like peppers, huh?"

Looking back at Mika, he looks curious. "You don't usually have people to talk to?"

Beans
2013-05-03, 09:10 AM
The ridiculous lady nods, grinning with well-kept if somewhat uneven pointy teeth. Paihn of hawt soss ees rhep-ree-zen-teeng of komeeng ghrate dee-struck-shon... also eet taystes nhice.

Zefir
2013-05-04, 07:12 AM
"No. There isn't anyone anymore." she answers his question, but then looks confused at the newcomer.

"Excuse me?" Her player can barly understand the accent, especially writen.

Recaiden
2013-05-04, 08:02 AM
This Atorre shakes his head. "I don't think that hot sauce works that way. I suppose it can mean so to you. What do you want great destruction for, friend? It's likely to break your Tabasco bottles."

Turning back to Mika, he frowns. "That's a shame. You c- Well, anymore? What happened to them?"

((She said: "We would like one parts tequila and two parts chipotle Tabasco."

"Pain of hot sauce is representing of coming great destruction...also it tastes nice."))

Morty
2013-05-04, 01:06 PM
Dipsnig comes riding into Trog's on Kullervo. Upon entering, he hops off the mount and heads for the bar, while the wolf as always goes to curl up by the fireplace.

Beans
2013-05-04, 01:23 PM
This Atorre shakes his head. "I don't think that hot sauce works that way. I suppose it can mean so to you. What do you want great destruction for, friend? It's likely to break your Tabasco bottles."

Turning back to Mika, he frowns. "That's a shame. You c- Well, anymore? What happened to them?"

((She said: "We would like one parts tequila and two parts chipotle Tabasco."

"Pain of hot sauce is representing of coming great destruction...also it tastes nice."))

Grayte dee-struck-shonn ees gray-terr den hot soss. Ehven eef hot soss ees nhice.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-04, 08:36 PM
The situation seeming mostly diffused, Cal lowers his gun (although it's still out) and goes to make sure the girl is okay, since he's not aware of the explanatory text.

Zefir
2013-05-05, 07:05 AM
"The usal things." she replies. She appears a bit defensive right now. The way the other woman speaks gives her a bad feeling, especially since she can barly understand her.

((Great destruction is greater then hot sauce Even if hot sauce is nice. That's what Beans char said, right? I can just say without Recaiden's translation I would still be totally confused.))

Recaiden
2013-05-05, 09:45 AM
Grayte dee-struck-shonn ees gray-terr den hot soss. Ehven eef hot soss ees nhice.

"Why would you say so? Destruction is useful only for what follows. It's not really like hot sauce at all. The peppers have flavor; great destruction itself only brings emptiness. You looking for what comes after?"

"The usal things." she replies. She appears a bit defensive right now. The way the other woman speaks gives her a bad feeling, especially since she can barly understand her.

((Great destruction is greater then hot sauce Even if hot sauce is nice. That's what Beans char said, right? I can just say without Recaiden's translation I would still be totally confused.))

Atorre-Derrik nods. "I'm sorry. You'll find new people to talk to. Like now."

((That's right))

Morty
2013-05-05, 10:40 AM
Dipsnig undeadtimes by the bar. Seems he missed quite a fracas.

Beans
2013-05-05, 11:01 AM
The strange-accented violet-haired weirdo girl shrugs.
Ees noht our weel, ees weel of Drana, she ees wanteeng the dee-struck-shonn.

Zefir
2013-05-05, 01:26 PM
Mika looks confused at Derrik. Did he just told the other woman that destruction is useful.

"As allways, it won't last long." she can assume how this ends. Either they start a fight or go for something. It happend many times before.

Recaiden
2013-05-05, 02:20 PM
"Destruction for creation afterwards, or a revolution, could at least make sense. Who is Drana, that you're doing this for?" While the girl is creepy, she doesn't seem mean or dangerous (and he can't take anyone with that mega-shuriken seriously), so he mostly just sounds curious.

Looking at Mika, he raises an eyebrow. "She's not making any sense to you either, is she? As always? Why?" He's smiling now. Bets it can be made to be different.

Beans
2013-05-05, 02:27 PM
She's not even very good at being creepy, mostly because her accent is hilarious and her teeth are silly.
Ees just dee-struck-shon, hwee theenk. An' Drana ees our ghoddess.
She pulls out a crumpled drawing from her top, which looks something like...
Um. (http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/746/tek5180a70ca310b3684302.png) Well (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RummageSaleReject).

Zefir
2013-05-05, 03:19 PM
Mika just shrugs.

"I still can't understand her. And it allways happened so it will be as allways."

Recaiden
2013-05-05, 03:24 PM
Atorre reaches out to take the paper and inspect it. "Oh, this looks like how Kai would dress." What does Drana stand for? Just destruction?

"Do you not believe in change, Mika?" Apathy is so frustrating, but he keeps smiling.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-05-05, 04:08 PM
"Researches" he sais, holding up the notes to underline the statement. "I'm intressed in this stuff. Wisdom if might."

She brightens! Then, I can help you with research! I know everything about dragon, cuz' I am one!

Beans
2013-05-05, 04:36 PM
Atorre reaches out to take the paper and inspect it. "Oh, this looks like how Kai would dress." What does Drana stand for? Just destruction?
Mohstly dee-struck-shon. Ees noht ahlways konseestent.

OrchestraHc
2013-05-05, 07:09 PM
Marty stops his ice magic. This was not supposed to happen! The Fearblaze should have been frozen solid. The numbfrost was stronger than fearblaze. Though both had corny names. As a secondary effect, her toes will probably have contracted frostbite. Her very blood frozen.

Marty is pushes into a chair and risen up. He doesn't like this at all. Too many people... He wanted to see Elio alone. Marty speaks now, in the air. P-Perhaps you d-don't understand... The numbfrost must destroy the fearblaze. The only way is to freeze it from existence, Elio. Nothing else can effect it. The fearblaze is a harmful flame. Cruel. Destructive. I preserve. I n-never destroy... Elio... I don't appreciate y-you luring me into a trap for authorities to lock me up. All I'm d-doing is trying t-to help.

He'll attempt to freeze the chair solid, which can be easily done. The chair explodes from expanding, and frozen wood chunks go flying. Marty drops to the floor, and will then throw his hands up in the air. Y-You can't suppress the m-magic now, Elio. It will destroy the f-fearblaze until I tell it t-to stop. The fearblaze will corrupt her, I'm purifying her. For the g-greater good. But... I will stop. For you, old f-friend. He reaches his hand out, and the numbfrost will stop spreading. Marty looks upset he's not allowed to destroy the fearblaze here.

He nods, and smiles back. "I'm Atorre. A pleasure to meet you."

The Fearblaze is a special form of fire, that, as its name implies, feeds on fear, burning it as a self-sustaining fuel much faster than any actual substance burns. Dark black, but in this case, mixed up with normal yellow-orange fire.

Elio (and Marty, through the numbfrost) could probably magically see that this fire can't be put out without killing her, and her being alive is what's giving it the unnatural resistance to the frost. Easy fix though. Just do anything that should put out the flames, then kill her, and they'll go out for good.

Just a tiny bit of free flame is still glowing, amidst all the ice.

"Thank you." To Elio.

Angie is going to do some mental probing on Marty. Specifically at the effects the spell that keeps Marty from feeling sadness. Hopefully it isn't tied to the loss of his soul she doubts she would be able to fix that. Depending on what she finds she will try to undo the spell making it so Marty can feel sadness once again.

The situation seeming mostly diffused, Cal lowers his gun (although it's still out) and goes to make sure the girl is okay, since he's not aware of the explanatory text.

Elio turns to with a fairly nonplussed look on his face. "First of all, I didn't lure you into a trap dummy. You asked to meet me. Second, thank you." He nods his head graciously to Marty for ceasing the numbfrost. After that, Elio claps his hands like that's the end of the problems for now. "Now, I believe I heard you said you would go with the Remnant lady, yes? They probably have the best readily available tech short of Exellion or whatever their called. Get you some clone skin for your face, because that is an infection waiting to happen, repair or replace that arm, then counseling. A lot of it. And I will be by your side the whole time, I swear."

With a *BLIP* another Elio appears a few feet behind the one talking to Marty. "He still in the-"

"Bathroom," the first Elio answers, pointing the way. "Part of the Elio package, I hardly ever have to leave anyone. Oh Rem Lady, we're ready for our unconditional surrender..."

Unless, you know, Marty doesn't.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-05, 07:19 PM
Elio turns to with a fairly nonplussed look on his face. "First of all, I didn't lure you into a trap dummy. You asked to meet me. Second, thank you." He nods his head graciously to Marty for ceasing the numbfrost. After that, Elio claps his hands like that's the end of the problems for now. "Now, I believe I heard you said you would go with the Remnant lady, yes? They probably have the best readily available tech short of Exellion or whatever their called. Get you some clone skin for your face, because that is an infection waiting to happen, repair or replace that arm, then counseling. A lot of it. And I will be by your side the whole time, I swear."

With a *BLIP* another Elio appears a few feet behind the one talking to Marty. "He still in the-"

"Bathroom," the first Elio answers, pointing the way. "Part of the Elio package, I hardly ever have to leave anyone. Oh Rem Lady, we're ready for our unconditional surrender..."

Unless, you know, Marty doesn't.

Marty stands and smiles for a few seconds. Remnant was not the way to go. He would not like this... They would brainwash him into submission. No. That was not the way. Marty does something creative. Suddenly, in a bat of a watchers eye, Marty is up in the air. He creates solid ice beneath his feet, a tower that propels him up. The roof of Trog's on top of his head freezes, compresses, and explodes, sending shrapnel about, hopefully blinding and distracting everyone beneath. The tower ends with him on the roof of Trog's. He'll then run and start jumping rooftops, his increased dexterity to battle The Operative allowing him to jump far distances and at good speed. Marty's running to Outside. Soon.

Zefir
2013-05-06, 03:51 AM

"Do you not believe in change, Mika?" Apathy is so frustrating, but he keeps smiling.

"I do, otherwise I wouldn't come here. Experience the same result over and over again is much badder then never having it."

Obvioulsy she isn't going to join in the God of destruction discussion.

She brightens! Then, I can help you with research! I know everything about dragon, cuz' I am one!

The masked man smiles under his mask. That was close and he didn't got enougth informations yet.

"Thats super. So we can go on I assume? Can you tell me if some kind of food cause reactions by a dragon baby? Like their fire get's hotter scales shine brighter and such things."

Recaiden
2013-05-06, 12:54 PM
Mohstly dee-struck-shon. Ees noht ahlways konseestent.

"Why her? Not that it's too surprising; religions rarely are."

"I do, otherwise I wouldn't come here. Experience the same result over and over again is much badder then never having it."

"Well, just what result are you looking for?"

The bartender doesn't seem in terrible danger, but certainly not okay either. She's terribly cold just to be near.

Devixer
2013-05-06, 03:57 PM
Crazy, right? Of course, you don't know that. What if she's a legion spy? :smalltongue:

Anyway, Dolores shrugs.

"Some decent absinthe would be great, actually. Anything to get over the shock of this place..."

Orrin nods and pulls a wallet from a pocket of his flight suit. "You got cash, or am I buying right now?"

Iamar can't do much but watch as Marty makes his escape. She grimaces and sheathes her sword.

In a different timeline, Ashley walks through the door of the tavern and sits at the bar, carrying a small black card in her hand.

Morty
2013-05-06, 03:59 PM
Dipsnig undeadtimes once more, studying the room carefully. Seems he's had little luck making any interesting encounters since coming here, but maybe it'll change.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-06, 04:06 PM
The bartender doesn't seem in terrible danger, but certainly not okay either. She's terribly cold just to be near.

Cal goes over to her and tries to help her out.
Here, let me help you to the fire; looks like you need it.
He'll try to help her stand, else he's perfectly fine with carrying her, assuming she weighs a normal amount.
Yeah, once the ice started he pretty much resigned to his uselessness in the scenario.

BladeofObliviom
2013-05-06, 06:10 PM
Dolores shrugs.

"Depends if they take caps or NCR dollars. Probably neither, since this place looks kind of not-blown-up."

She thinks a moment before fishing a few large coins composed of precious metals from her bag.

"Actually, maybe they'll take Legion coins. Gold and Silver have value almost anywhere..."

Recaiden
2013-05-06, 11:03 PM
Cal goes over to her and tries to help her out.
Here, let me help you to the fire; looks like you need it.
He'll try to help her stand, else he's perfectly fine with carrying her, assuming she weighs a normal amount.
Yeah, once the ice started he pretty much resigned to his uselessness in the scenario.

The bartender tries to stand, but doesn't quite manage it. But she does weigh a normal amount and can be carried along, protesting weakly. The warmth of the fire visibly helps a lot when she arrives. The barmaid just sits, sort of crumpled, facing it, while the flames lean out towards her, occasionally jumping over to mix with the black flames around her.

After a few minutes there, the black fire starts to be replaced with a more normal color.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-06, 11:09 PM
Cal smiles.
That's better. I don't get your magic stuff, but I'm pretty sure that's a good sign.
He leans back in the nearest chair. He's also going to not wonder about Kullervo which is presumably still near the fireplace.

Jsaur
2013-05-07, 07:43 PM
Alusien wakes up from a long deadtime and immediately notices that the large black sphere has gotten even larger. He shouts a word of power and points his finger to drain all of the remaining green goo.

He then removes the barrier he built earlier, shoves the sphere in his pocket, and runs out of Trog's. He mutters to himself:

"And I still wasn't able to buy a drink."

Recaiden
2013-05-07, 07:49 PM
Cal smiles.
That's better. I don't get your magic stuff, but I'm pretty sure that's a good sign.
He leans back in the nearest chair. He's also going to not wonder about Kullervo which is presumably still near the fireplace.

The barmaid nods. "Thank you. Half the time I don't get it either." She sits by the fire, drinking in the heat for a good number of minutes, as the fire around her slowly changes back from black to orange, though the fearblaze doesn't completely leave.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-07, 11:01 PM
The barmaid nods. "Thank you. Half the time I don't get it either." She sits by the fire, drinking in the heat for a good number of minutes, as the fire around her slowly changes back from black to orange, though the fearblaze doesn't completely leave.

Cal lets her have her space. And unfortunately, starts to nod off. He hasn't actually slept since he got here, and will probably be doing so now if no one stops him.

Zefir
2013-05-08, 01:09 AM
"Well, just what result are you looking for?"

Mika shrugs.

"Don't know. Maybe find some friends."

Beans
2013-05-08, 09:45 AM
"Why her? Not that it's too surprising; religions rarely are."
The weird lady seems to think it over a while.
Um.
Ees not reezon hwee khan theenk of. Hwee theenk hwee haff fohr-gotted.

Recaiden
2013-05-08, 09:50 AM
The man nods to Mika. "Should be easy enough. Looks like you already have one or two here if you want them. And can understand them."

"I'd see if you can remember. If nothing else, you'd probably appreciate the destruction and the hot sauce a lot more. Could do a lot more too; there a lot of people you could listen to in addition to Drana. Mostly yourself. Say, have you got a name? You can call me Atorre."

Beans
2013-05-08, 09:52 AM
Hwee are naymed Kheptuur. Ees nayme Drana gave to us.
Also gave beeg chakram theeng. Ees good for dee-struck-shonn.

Zefir
2013-05-09, 03:06 AM
"It's not so easy, I think. And I can't understand her."

The last part is whispered.

Recaiden
2013-05-09, 10:34 AM
"Kheptuur? That's a neat one. Did you have one before Drana gave it to you? Why do you say 'we'? Are there more than one of you in there?" No comment about the chakram.

"Sure it is. It takes work, but the start is the easiest thing. And I'm still here."

Diva De
2013-05-09, 11:12 AM
A young woman with raven locks comes into the tavern, leading a nervous-looking man by the elbow. She stops at the doorway, eyes like grey steel flashing as she looks around the room. Lighting upon a thin, pale man near the hearth, the corners of her mouth turn up ever-so-slightly. Half leading, half dragging the man behind her, she crosses the room in long, confident strides.

Planting herself in front of the pale man, she releases her hold on the other, larger man. Smiling coldly at him, she puts her hands on her hips and nods towards the man seated before them. The big man clears his throat noisily and removes his hat, wringing it nervously between his meaty hands. "I, ah, I'm sorry fer how I dun ya when we was kids. I shouldna picked on ya and I'm real sorry I dun it and scared ya." He half turns to leave, but the lady stomps her foot and crosses her arms. Swallowing hard, he nods and pulls a small pouch from his waist. "Oh, and, uh, here is to make up fer the milk money I took from ya and, ah, some extra...fer pain and sufferin." He shifts his gaze from the floor to the woman as the pale man, looking confused, slowly reaches up and takes the pouch. She nods once, quickly, and the large man scuttles out the door. The pale man glances into the bag, quickly cinches it shut, and hurries out not far behind.

Smiling, self-satisfied, the woman takes the seat the pale man recently occupied and slides in. Twisting a satchel around that she is wearing, she hefts a thick, worn-looking book onto the table with a thump. Pulling out a quill and a small fountain of ink, she unstoppers it with one hand as the other flips through the pages of the book before her. About a third of the way through the book, she stops and flips back a page. Nodding and smiling again, she dips her quill and draws a slow, steady line through something written there. Leaning back, she orders an apple ale from the barmaid as she lets the page before her dry.

Morty
2013-05-09, 11:59 AM
Far be it from Dipsnig to miss such an entrance. The mysterious woman will find herself carefully studied by a small-brown skinned goblin sitting in a chair in front of the fireplace, feet resting on a large wolf with dark grey fur.

Diva De
2013-05-09, 12:32 PM
The woman notices the goblin watching and tilts her mug towards him, inviting him to come and sit at her table, if he likes. She leans forward and purses her lips to blow gently at the page, then tests the ink with the tip of her pinkie. It is a dainty motion, very different from the way she lugged the man into the bar a moment ago. Her nose crinkles and she pushes the book away, wiping the smudge of ink onto her breeches.

Morty
2013-05-09, 12:59 PM
Dipsnig gets off his chair and walks over to the newcomer in a confident stride. "Can't say I've ever seen you around here before. And you made quite the entrance."

Diva De
2013-05-09, 01:06 PM
The lady smiles, then furrows her brow in thought. She squeezes her eyes closed and speaks in broken Goblin. I not be here before. New place is to me. She opens her eyes and shrugs. The name's Serenla. Hope the Goblin wasn't too bad. I'm still learning. And that, she nods her head towards the door. That was just a little business I needed to finish up. She sips at her drink and leans forward to check the book again. Who're you? She speaks quickly, her voice bright. Her accent is...odd. Like a blending of lots of different accents at once. It is...unplaceable.

Morty
2013-05-09, 01:14 PM
Dipsng - who, for the record, looks like the goblin in his player's avatar - chuckles.

"Not bad. Better than most humans can manage. And I am Dipsnig Razortooth. The leader of the Neutralist Organization and the best mercenary Nexus has ever seen."

Diva De
2013-05-09, 01:37 PM
My work requires me to read and understand several languages, so...I do the best I can. Serenla smiles brightly and nods as she takes another swallow of her ale. Oh, great! I'm sure I could use your help one of these days. I'm, hmm, I stay pretty busy. But knowing a mercenary, AND someone who leads an organization of like-minded neutralists - THAT could come in handy. She closes the book before her and pats it affectionately. This is my calling. A Book of Grudges - ever heard of one?

Morty
2013-05-09, 01:51 PM
Dipsnig peers at the book with interest.

"Can't say I have. Is it a book that contains grudges that you then go around righting?"

Diva De
2013-05-09, 02:06 PM
Serenla gives a sort of nod/shrug. More or less. I don't know if "righting" is the proper word...more like...balancing? Her fingers trace the edges of the tome as her gaze settles upon it. I've avenged slain loved ones, recovered lost items, reunited people. But I've also retrieved things stolen from necromancers, sabotaged projects to fail. What I do isn't as simple as right or wrong. She looks up and smiles again. But I am certainly never bored. Or without purpose.

Morty
2013-05-09, 02:21 PM
Dipsnig's ears twitch slightly. Peculiar, but not that unusual. "I see. And who gave you that mission? Or provides you with information about things that need balancing?"

Diva De
2013-05-09, 02:55 PM
Serenla becomes serious, her smile fading. Someone I trust implicitly gave it to me. When they...when it was time. She nods once, seeming to sit up straighter. And the Book gives me all the information I need. Well, mostly. Here - look. She opens the cover and flips to the page she was on before, pointing out the entry she has just crossed out. Apparently Viktor - the pale guy? - was bullied by that other guy when they were small children in the same village. Viktor spent many days hungry for lack of coin. And he has since spent years buckling to others' demands and looking over his shoulder. So - I fixed it. She leans back, knitting her fingers together behind her head. Now the big guy realizes there are consequences to the things he does, and Viktor knows he isn't going to find him waiting around the corner for him. She grins and spreads her hands. Balance.

Beans
2013-05-09, 03:08 PM
"Kheptuur? That's a neat one. Did you have one before Drana gave it to you? Why do you say 'we'? Are there more than one of you in there?" No comment about the chakram.

The violet-haired girl starts to stand up, putting down coins for her terrifying hot-sauce-pocalypse of a drink.
Hwee all kall ourselfs 'hwee'. Ees just how hwee haff done eet seence hwee can remember... and hwee do not know eef hwee had nayme beforr.
Hwee would love to stay, but hwee haff hwork to do.
Hopefully she's about to be replaced with a character who's not so weird!

Zefir
2013-05-09, 03:18 PM
"Well then. Tell me about yourself a bit. Friends do know each other right?"

It's a bit of an easy thought, but still a possible interprtation of friendship.

Morty
2013-05-09, 03:24 PM
Serenla becomes serious, her smile fading. Someone I trust implicitly gave it to me. When they...when it was time. She nods once, seeming to sit up straighter. And the Book gives me all the information I need. Well, mostly. Here - look. She opens the cover and flips to the page she was on before, pointing out the entry she has just crossed out. Apparently Viktor - the pale guy? - was bullied by that other guy when they were small children in the same village. Viktor spent many days hungry for lack of coin. And he has since spent years buckling to others' demands and looking over his shoulder. So - I fixed it. She leans back, knitting her fingers together behind her head. Now the big guy realizes there are consequences to the things he does, and Viktor knows he isn't going to find him waiting around the corner for him. She grins and spreads her hands. Balance.

Dipsnig rubs the back of his head. "This... feels rather small. You'd need to do this to a lot of bullies and their victims for it to make a difference on any larger scale."

Diva De
2013-05-09, 03:28 PM
Serenla smiles. I have seen enough to know that one person cannot change the world. Sometimes all one can do is nudge it gently and see how it plays out. She shrugs and finishes her mug. That being said, time travel has its advantages. I totally went all "Ghost of Christmas Future" on this one guy and showed him how his actions would cause things to spiral out of control and hurt a lot of people. So he didn't do it.

Morty
2013-05-09, 03:51 PM
Dipsnig chuckles again.

"Ah. Time travel. Never had anything to do with it, and I'm rather thankful. It sounds like a headache. That said, changing the world by pushing one key event... I can imagine it. It's like clockwork this way."

Recaiden
2013-05-09, 06:48 PM
The violet-haired girl starts to stand up, putting down coins for her terrifying hot-sauce-pocalypse of a drink.
Hwee all kall ourselfs 'hwee'. Ees just how hwee haff done eet seence hwee can remember... and hwee do not know eef hwee had nayme beforr.
Hwee would love to stay, but hwee haff hwork to do.
Hopefully she's about to be replaced with a character who's not so weird!

That's kind of frightening. Well, it would be if the hot-sauce fan were less ridiculous.
"Farewell."
Hopefully, but knowing her player...

"Well then. Tell me about yourself a bit. Friends do know each other right?"

It's a bit of an easy thought, but still a possible interprtation of friendship.

((I have no idea what you mean by it being an easy thought.))
"Sure, that they do."
"I'm not from the Nexus originally; came here I think to see the multiverse; this was the first world besides our own we could reach, but honestly it was so long ago and so confusing that I don't quite remember. Now I live on an island just out past the bay, making machines and occasionally fighting pirates."
"Oh, and probably worth mentioning, I'm not really a normal person anymore. Used to be, before I came over, a guy called Derrik. Now me and a handful of others are one transhuman, named ourselves Atorre. Most of me is back at our home."
"How about you?"

Beans
2013-05-09, 06:57 PM
Thankfully, the character (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11674916&postcount=529) that comes in after the weird lady is... a gal with a metal spider-like lower body with four legs ending in human hands. Also sporting a baby bump.
That's a Beans character alright.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-09, 09:22 PM
Krayger is in Trog's again. The brown-furred minotaur is at his own table enjoying a drink, and although he's not paying all that much attention to his surroundings, he doesn't seem like the kind of person who'd be against some company.

Zefir
2013-05-10, 01:47 AM
Hmm I meant her way to think about friendship is rather simple.
Mika waves as the other woman leaves. After all she didn't catch a word of what she was saying.

"So you are some kind of hive mind sharing several bodies? I wonder if everyone of you keeps his own mind after all."

Then she waves at the newcomer in a friendly way, before returning to Atorre.

"I'm born in the Nexus. I assume my grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand parents moved here in some way. I live a few streets away from here, but after the last apocalypse the street is abondend."

Recaiden
2013-05-10, 09:15 AM
Atorre waves at the new people as they come in. That spider-girl must have really strong fingertips. If anything, this is stranger than the person who just left a moment past.

"Yes, that's a good way to describe it. We can, when we try to; helps us relate and remember our past better. But usually not. It isn't something I'd want to go back to."

He winces sympathetically on hearing about the apocalypse. "Sorry to hear that. But you're still living there alone?"

Zefir
2013-05-10, 04:52 PM
Mika just shrugs innocent.

"Even if it's alraedy done, the past is the stuff that makes the present. And yes I live alone there. Nearly two block without people."

Recaiden
2013-05-10, 05:54 PM
Innocently, or actually innocent? :smalltongue:

Atorre nods. "My point exactly. We prefer to focus on the present and the future, not on how things used to be. Responsible for all the good of the present, sure, but not such as we should return to."

"Why is it that no one else has come back, or stayed, or moved into the neighborhood, after all this time? It sounds very curious."

Zefir
2013-05-10, 07:16 PM
Innocent.

"Most are dead. And none tried to sell the house. The childs of the owner all left since they fear other apocalypse."

Beans
2013-05-10, 11:51 PM
Atorre waves at the new people as they come in. That spider-girl must have really strong fingertips. If anything, this is stranger than the person who just left a moment past.

Indeed! She waves back, picking a table. It's worth noting that on her leg-hands, she seems to spread the weight through the front of her palm, her thumb, and her entire fingers rather than just her fingertips. She also wears a sort of cloth wrap on each of those hands, probably to reduce abrasions and discomfort to her palms.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-05-11, 05:14 PM
Dragon table

Well, okay, 'you don't have a dragon.' What do you need to know besides what I said?

Reinholdt
2013-05-12, 07:14 PM
Reinholdt arrives!

If Tobias is already there, great. That means Reinholdt had a chance to stop and make another phone call along the way. He may have even been able to do that anyways. He was really just trying to get Tobias to use his tree jump to teleport nearby anyways.

Rein looks around for Tobias and orders coffee in the meanwhile.

FireFox
2013-05-12, 07:16 PM
Toby arrives on foot mere seconds after Reinholdt does, no matter how long he stopped for. Looks like I'm buy-really? Coffee?

Recaiden
2013-05-12, 07:18 PM
Innocent.

"Most are dead. And none tried to sell the house. The childs of the owner all left since they fear other apocalypse."

"You ever thought to move somewhere else?"

Pretty well prepared. Must have been a robot-spider-taur for a long-ish time then.

Reinholdt
2013-05-12, 07:18 PM
"I don't drink. It's why I haven't been here in a while." Reinholdt replies. So yes. Coffee. He drinks lots of that it seems.

FireFox
2013-05-12, 07:24 PM
Huh. Toby shrugs and orders some high end vodka for himself before sitting at the bar. See any quest givers?

Reinholdt
2013-05-12, 07:32 PM
"Not yet."

Reinholdt settles in and waits for someone to show up who needs a dungeon robbed or something similar.

FireFox
2013-05-12, 07:51 PM
Toby sips his drink and keeps one eye out for quest givers, one eye on Reinholdt.

Beans
2013-05-12, 09:35 PM
Pretty well prepared. Must have been a robot-spider-taur for a long-ish time then.
Unless someone else did the preparing for her.

Meddy somehow manages to sit in the chair despite the awkwardness of the whole position.

Zefir
2013-05-13, 02:43 AM
"You ever thought to move somewhere else?"

"No. It's all I have. I don't even got a job to pay for more then my food."

Devmaar
2013-05-14, 07:24 PM
The road-weary traveller, Abrek, steps into the tavern. He pauses and cautiously scans the room before continuing to the bar. Abrek is mostly humanoid, but almost 12' tall and extremely thin. He also has 4 arms. Rugged in appearance his woollen cap is pulled low over grey eyes, dirty blonde hair falling tangled to his shoulders. He is dressed in worn clothes and boots that were clearly once of decent quality, and a somewhat damaged padded leather jerkin. There are tears on his left sleeve as if some sort of patch has been torn away. From his belt hang a short sword, and a small coin pouch. On his back rests a bow, a leather shield and a small knapsack, an empty waterskin hanging from it. If he carries any arrows, he keeps them hidden.

On reaching the bar he orders ale in a rough, deep voice before seating himself, dropping his pack to the ground and resting his bow and shield beside him. Abrek pulls off his cap and shakes his head, revealing a capital 'P' branded into his forehead.

Drinking deep, the traveller looks around the room, eyes never still.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-14, 07:47 PM
Krayger is in Trog's again. The brown-furred minotaur is at his own table enjoying a drink, and although he's not paying all that much attention to his surroundings, he doesn't seem like the kind of person who'd be against some company. He does give a wave as the newcomer enters, although he doesn't move from his table.

Devmaar
2013-05-14, 07:53 PM
(do you mind if I presume that in my previous post Abrek sat with Krayger?)

"Hello" Abrek's voice is smoother now he's had a drink, "I hope you don't mind if I join you."

Deathkeeper
2013-05-14, 07:56 PM
(do you mind if I presume that in my previous post Abrek sat with Krayger?)

"Hello" Abrek's voice is smoother now he's had a drink, "I hope you don't mind if I join you."

(retcon away)

"Not at all."
Krayger takes a pull of his drink and wipes his mouth. He smiles, which only looks a little weird with that muzzle of his.
"It's not every day that I meet folks taller than me."
Krayger is over six feet tall by the way, approaching seven if you include his horns.

Devmaar
2013-05-14, 08:03 PM
"I've noticed that people have been shrinking the further I get from home." Abrek takes another swig, ale almost half gone. He's used to bigger mugs.

"Tell me, what manner of creature are you? I have never before seen one of your kind." the word 'creature' is not said in an insulting way, the tone suggests Abrek is unsure what word he should use.

Recaiden
2013-05-14, 08:07 PM
"No. It's all I have. I don't even got a job to pay for more then my food."

"Have you been looking for one? There's a lot to do in the NEXUS, if you can find it."

Reinholdt
2013-05-14, 08:09 PM
Toby sips his drink and keeps one eye out for quest givers, one eye on Reinholdt.

Reinholdt puts out a sign.

Looking for Adventure. Treasure required.

"So how's Jamie been doing?" Reinholdt asks in the meanwhile.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-14, 08:11 PM
Krayger wonders if everyone on his homeworld has that many limbs if his height is normal.
"'Minotaur' is the normal name. I'm not sure how to answer 'manner,' as I'm not entirely sure. Histories disagree on how our race began."

Devmaar
2013-05-14, 08:15 PM
"How intriguing. Surely your people's scholars must search for the answer?" finishing his drink Abrek waves to a server for another

The Alexandrian
2013-05-14, 08:26 PM
Into the tavern walks a young woman! Said young woman might be accompanied by a young man! Said young woman might be immediately recognized as a former questgiver by Rein!

It's Lintha!

The woman's figure is shapely. Vivacious. She stands at a height of 5'11". Her facial features are soft. Her snowy white eyes glow with an otherworldly radiance. Her hair is of an auburn hue and is styled into a long ponytail that just touches her shoulders. Her clothes consist of a bright blue t-shirt with a decal of a certain canary bird armed with a machine gun shooting at a certain black and white cat, black denim jeans, and shiny, red heels. Her smooth skin is of a warm tan tint. Her lips are blood red. Overall, she has a very delicate look to her. She can't be much older than twenty.

Anyway, she strides into the bar and looks around for a place to sit, giving Reinholdt a friendly wave if she can spot him from the entrance.

FireFox
2013-05-14, 08:28 PM
The Druid finishes his drink before answering his friend. She's doing well. Staying out of trouble, I think. She's making new friends at such a rate I'll admit I've been unable to keep track of them all. Of course, the hard part is keeping friends. Also, Kevin will be staying at camp this month. That should be interesting.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-14, 08:33 PM
"How intriguing. Surely your people's scholars must search for the answer?" finishing his drink Abrek waves to a server for another

Krayger shakes his head. "We don't really have many scholars. Or any, in all likelihood. Our society never was very organized. Our really a society. Most of them were satisfied with whatever religious jargon they were fed as youths. It doesn't matter much, in the end. Whether we were made by man, god, demon, or magic, on examination we seem just as natural as any human."

Devmaar
2013-05-14, 08:40 PM
Abrek's eyes widen and his eyebrows rise, "None? Why, I don't know if my people would pity yours or consider you fools. To us the scholars are the pinnacle of mortal men. Our grandest scholars are the only mortals allowed to meet in person with the Royalty. I struggle to comprehend a culture without scholarly pursuits." he starts on his new drink
"And to say it doesn't matter, to us the satisfaction of curiosity alone would be reason to dedicate a lifetime to research. Several lifetimes if necessary. In fact, I'm sure if I could tell my people about yours they would!"

Reinholdt
2013-05-14, 08:41 PM
"Tony's kid, right? What about Hadrian? He's growing up fast, yes?"

Reinholdt waves back at Lintha!
She's the former Curator owner, right?
Which reminds me, I need to post on Rein checking up on Liz at GLoG.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-14, 08:48 PM
Abrek's eyes widen and his eyebrows rise, "None? Why, I don't know if my people would pity yours or consider you fools. To us the scholars are the pinnacle of mortal men. Our grandest scholars are the only mortals allowed to meet in person with the Royalty. I struggle to comprehend a culture without scholarly pursuits." he starts on his new drink
"And to say it doesn't matter, to us the satisfaction of curiosity alone would be reason to dedicate a lifetime to research. Several lifetimes if necessary. In fact, I'm sure if I could tell my people about yours they would!"

Krayger shrugs. "My race's ambivalence to their own betterment has always been something that's bothered me. We love complex things, yet so few of us do anything with that aptitude. I'm an engineer, I design things. But that's unusual for us. Plenty are content to just sit in their tribes in raid people, and that's why back home I'm not normally allowed in 'civilized' settlements. It's much nicer here."
Oh and for the record the only thing Krayger is visibly wearing is a pair of black, padded pants. They're of pretty decent quality and clean. A satchel hangs from the back of his chair.

Devmaar
2013-05-14, 08:56 PM
"I think I would find your people strange and unwelcoming. But tell me, what sort of things do you design? I always thought I had the aptitude for some sort of scholarship, but circumstance denied me the opportunity."

FireFox
2013-05-14, 09:01 PM
Yeah, Tony's and Cat's son... Toby frowns a bit at his empty glass. Oh, yeah, Hadrian already looks twelve. I think he grew up too fast though, because he acts... weird. Doesn't speak, can't look people in the eye, just reads advanced books at a fast pace.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-14, 09:03 PM
Krayger laughs.
"Trust me, they're a bunch of blithering idiots most of the time, and I really don't blame the more civilized folk for not trusting us. I mean, humans start a war every ten minutes but at least they understand what a business is. Although I admit I don't understand their obsession with clothes very much.
But I design lots of things. Structures, mostly, but I've dabbled in mechanics. We invented the double cross-bow, you know. "

Devmaar
2013-05-14, 09:11 PM
"Impressive. I find these cross-bow contraptions fascinating. We don't have them back home but I think they would be well suited to our form. Two arms together can tension a string more than one alone, we could reload on while firing another. Accuracy would be lost but I think it would be effective against a large force."

Deathkeeper
2013-05-14, 09:21 PM
Krayger reaches into his bag and pulls out a set of papers.
"I've got a set of schematics if you're interested. And if I might ask, how exactly did you get here?"

Reinholdt
2013-05-14, 09:25 PM
Yeah, Tony's and Cat's son... Toby frowns a bit at his empty glass. Oh, yeah, Hadrian already looks twelve. I think he grew up too fast though, because he acts... weird. Doesn't speak, can't look people in the eye, just reads advanced books at a fast pace.

"Yeah..." Reinholdt nibbles his lip. This was hard for him, even without what he recently learned.

"So does he take after his father and grow plants or his mother and speak to minds?"

Devmaar
2013-05-14, 09:41 PM
Krayger reaches into his bag and pulls out a set of papers.
"I've got a set of schematics if you're interested. And if I might ask, how exactly did you get here?"

"I would be very interested, though you may need to be patient with your explanations, I am not as schooled as I would like." Abrek takes a drink, "I deserted from the army, I was there as a conscript and war was no place for me. First I rode, then I hid, then I ran, then I walked. I was unable to completely throw off my pursuers until I came to some tunnels. I sought refuge within but quickly became lost. Some time later I stumbled out into an unfamiliar land. Since then I have trekked, finding food and drink and shelter where I can. Searching for somewhere to stop."

(I need to go to sleep, I'll be online again tomorrow :smallsmile:)

FireFox
2013-05-14, 09:41 PM
The Druid bristles and gives Reinholdt a highly offended look. I do not grow plants, you uneducated beast. ... But it seems like he's some sort of psychic. He has a good intuitive understanding of archetypes too. His precocious brilliance undoubtedly comes from me.

Reinholdt
2013-05-14, 09:48 PM
Yeesh, that all reeked of disaster even before anybody else got involved.
"I'm highly educated actually. Sort of a... requirement in my family business back in the day."

"So who's training him and teaching him stuff?"

Zefir
2013-05-15, 01:51 AM
"Have you been looking for one? There's a lot to do in the NEXUS, if you can find it."

"I haven't spend much time for it. I only saw these adventure things and some other dangerouse activities. Nothing I'm able to handle."

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-15, 07:44 AM
Trog's Tavern...

Lovejoy had seen enough of the inside of this place in the past week to be well and truly sick of it if not due to familiarity then due to the unhelpfulness of its staff and patrons. In all honesty Lovejoy had started to become exasperated and exhausted much earlier in his search. Kimiko was certainly there, he was sure of it, every fiber of his being screamed it but as far as the populace was concerned Kimiko was a non-entity.

It was about time he invested in something more than the word of random passers by, an investment he had hoped would arrive at any moment.

horngeek
2013-05-15, 07:48 AM
And in walked Zila, looking around the tavern as she made her way over. "Lovejoy, right? I heard you were looking for magical help to find someone."

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-15, 07:53 AM
"Yeah, that's me" Lovejoy replied, standing up to shake Zila's hand "I really appreciate this. I asked around here; squat, zip, zilch, nada. You'd think I was asking for a kidney."

horngeek
2013-05-15, 07:57 AM
Zila blinked a little at the offered hand. "Wait... oh, right."

She took it, shaking back a little awkwardly. "Sorry, that's not a thing at all in my home world. Anyway, do you have something of hers?"

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-15, 08:02 AM
"Well..." he begins moving a hand to the hilt of his katana "This was her sword, I'm not sure how comfortable I am giving my weapon to a total stranger, you understand..."

horngeek
2013-05-15, 08:05 AM
"It won't be damaged in any way, and you can be present for the duration of the spell to make sure it isn't damaged.

Failing that, I'd need to figure out a way to uniquely identify her."

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-15, 08:10 AM
"Not exactly what I meant. I'm just saying, it'd be a sweet racket to convince someone to hand you their weapon and then hold them up with it. Something you might want to consider when a client is trying to stiff you on the bill" Lovejoy sits back down and slides into his seat, head barely poking out from under the table. "Wait, I may have something..." he begins to fumble in his pockets.

Recaiden
2013-05-15, 08:14 AM
"I haven't spend much time for it. I only saw these adventure things and some other dangerouse activities. Nothing I'm able to handle."

"If you wanted, you could learn. I know there was a time when I couldn't handle danger."

"But if not, there's sure to be a place in Riverside or Mallside where anyone can make a living. Just what do you think you are able to handle?"

horngeek
2013-05-15, 08:14 AM
"...point. Although anyone trying to shake me down would be in for a few surprises..."

The conjurer waited patiently for Lovejoy.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-15, 08:20 AM
"I'll keep that in mind" Lovejoy continued speaking as he emptied his pockets on to the table, laying items down one by one. A movie stub, an eraser, a ball of lint, a six sided dice, crumpled bits of foil. While he did this he continued speaking "Her name's Kimiko Hayashiba, I call her 'Kim', she disappeared over a year ago, a few months before my world was... actually I still don't know what happened there. Found it!"

Lovejoy offered Zila a small plastic sleeve with a folded Polaroid photo inside. "That's a signed picture of Larry Csonka, something else that's probably not a 'thing' on your homeworld, eh? I gave it to her for her birthday but she kept it in my car. Don't know if this will work."

FireFox
2013-05-15, 09:17 AM
Yeesh, that all reeked of disaster even before anybody else got involved.
"I'm highly educated actually. Sort of a... requirement in my family business back in the day."

"So who's training him and teaching him stuff?"

I have more degrees than you've had dates. Toby mutters darkly to himself. I've been teaching him most of what he needs to know and he picks up the rest on his own.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 11:19 AM
"I would be very interested, though you may need to be patient with your explanations, I am not as schooled as I would like." Abrek takes a drink, "I deserted from the army, I was there as a conscript and war was no place for me. First I rode, then I hid, then I ran, then I walked. I was unable to completely throw off my pursuers until I came to some tunnels. I sought refuge within but quickly became lost. Some time later I stumbled out into an unfamiliar land. Since then I have trekked, finding food and drink and shelter where I can. Searching for somewhere to stop."

"I'm sorry, it just sounded- he shakes his head again.
It's not important. It's not hard at all to get someplace to stay here; plenty of organizations provide it with their pay. If you have any money it's all usable if you want to replace your stuff. "

Devmaar
2013-05-15, 11:30 AM
"Hm? Sounded like what?" Abrek finishes his drink and signals for a third, "'d appreciate it if you could direct me to one of these organisations, but first let me see these designs."

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 11:41 AM
It sounded like you were on good terms with you people. Regardless, here."
Krayger spreads out the first page. They're pretty technical, but not impossible to read.

Devmaar
2013-05-15, 12:24 PM
Abrek looks at the page, uncomprehending at first but with a few questions about certain points he is slowly able to reach some level of understanding.

(sorry, I'm not sure how to move the conversation on at this point)

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 12:31 PM
Krayger leans back after their lesson.
"So, you asked about the organizations. They're all very different; what kind of job do you want?"

Devmaar
2013-05-15, 12:51 PM
I don't know... I've never really been in a position to choose what to do with myself. Abrek sips thoughtfully, I suppose something academic would be my ideal, although I may be undereducated for it.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 01:58 PM
"There aren't many concerned with academics; that's usually more of a hobby than a job. There's a library in Inside you could ask about, or check the Wall; sometimes people advertise their expertise as tutors of certain subjects."

Devmaar
2013-05-15, 02:00 PM
"A library... yes, that sounds good. Could you direct me there?"

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 02:08 PM
Krayger provides explicit instructions on how to get to the Philip Memorial Library on Arkham Street. They're clear, concise, and impossible to get lost with assuming they're remembered or written down. Minotaurs are extremely good with directions.
"It IS a library, though. I would recommend against bringing weapons, although I don't know if they actually have rules against them."

Devmaar
2013-05-15, 02:41 PM
"Hm, true, but I'm sure I'll find a solution. Thank you for your help, I would be pleased if we could meet again." Abrek smiles as he stands to leave

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 02:45 PM
Krayger offers his large hand to shake.
"There aren't many minotaurs here. Ask around and you'll find me. See you around."

Devmaar
2013-05-15, 03:49 PM
Shaking hands Abrek says "Farewell Krayger" before walking away

horngeek
2013-05-15, 03:50 PM
"I'll keep that in mind" Lovejoy continued speaking as he emptied his pockets on to the table, laying items down one by one. A movie stub, an eraser, a ball of lint, a six sided dice, crumpled bits of foil. While he did this he continued speaking "Her name's Kimiko Hayashiba, I call her 'Kim', she disappeared over a year ago, a few months before my world was... actually I still don't know what happened there. Found it!"

Lovejoy offered Zila a small plastic sleeve with a folded Polaroid photo inside. "That's a signed picture of Larry Csonka, something else that's probably not a 'thing' on your homeworld, eh? I gave it to her for her birthday but she kept it in my car. Don't know if this will work."

"...signed... pictures... are such things common on your world?"

Reinholdt
2013-05-15, 04:40 PM
I have more degrees than you've had dates. Toby mutters darkly to himself. I've been teaching him most of what he needs to know and he picks up the rest on his own.

That's only true if you don't count his dates from before he become an omnicidal maniac! :smalltongue:

"You're teaching him psychic stuff? I didn't know you knew how to do that." Huh. Reinholdt tries thinking of a specific colour to see if Tobias notices.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-15, 11:37 PM
"...signed... pictures... are such things common on your world?"

"Not anymore, I guess" Lovejoy says with a nervous chuckle. Even for him that's in poor taste, which he inwardly notes to himself.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-15, 11:45 PM
A man walks into the tavern. He wears long black robes and a hood. His cloak is black and silver and trails behind him. One hand appears to have a silver and black gauntlet on as well, on his left hand. He sits at a table and looks about. Wine. Chilled, please.

horngeek
2013-05-16, 12:24 AM
"Not anymore, I guess" Lovejoy says with a nervous chuckle. Even for him that's in poor taste, which he inwardly notes to himself.

"Well, I'll see what I can do..."

Zila pulls out a large piece of paper, placing it on the table and drawing a circle on it. She places the photo in the center of the circle, as glowing symbols start to trace themselves inside the circle and the wizardess starts muttering in a strange melodic tongue.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-16, 12:28 AM
Lovejoy giddily smiles and rocks back and forth in his seat. "I'd just like to say, I'm really excited about this"

horngeek
2013-05-16, 01:53 AM
Zila doesn't reply, focused on the spell as she finishes the incantation, releasing the energies of the spell to hopeflly find her target...

Zefir
2013-05-16, 02:04 AM
"If you wanted, you could learn. I know there was a time when I couldn't handle danger."

"But if not, there's sure to be a place in Riverside or Mallside where anyone can make a living. Just what do you think you are able to handle?"

"I'm not an adventurer. Such things never caught my intressed. And I haven't thought about it much. My school grades where a little over average."

It's obviously that she didn't do much for that. It's obviously that she either passed school a bit ago or is in the last class.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-16, 02:05 AM
"Is it over? I gotta say, it feels like it's over"

horngeek
2013-05-16, 02:07 AM
{{What did she find out? Nothing, a vague sense of direction, a vague sense of distance but not direction, etc.}}

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-16, 02:09 AM
{{What did she find out? Nothing, a vague sense of direction, a vague sense of distance but not direction, etc.}}

{{I was going to leave the extent of her findings up to you, I haven't actually planned anything for Kimiko's location, as long as it's vague and doesn't outright state where she is it'll work. Or, y'know, nothing works too}}

horngeek
2013-05-16, 02:12 AM
Zila frowns a little. "Good news, she's alive and in the Nexus.

Bad news... that's as specific as the spell's giving me. There's an interesting Abjuration spell either specifically on her or over where she is, and no, I don't know which."

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-16, 02:22 AM
Lovejoy grins from ear to ear "Well I knew she was still alive. This is Kim we're talking about. She's a badass. She's even stronger than me" He sighs with content "Still it's nice to have confirmation."

horngeek
2013-05-16, 02:36 AM
"Yeah, but parts from every possible plane? That could make for a very dangerous world. Anyway, you might want to ask around for any places that are known for their magic."

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-16, 02:58 AM
"Yeah, but parts from every possible plane? That could make for a very dangerous world.

Lovejoy snaps up the photo and removes it from its sleeve, carefully folding it open to reveal the photo inside. He sighs as he admires it, leaning on the table with his elbow. I appreciate your help and your concern. Really, I do. But you wouldn't be worried if you knew her like I know her. I can't imagine anybody, from any plane or any walk of life going toe to toe with her swordfighting. And she's smart, too, she's sharp as a razor." He motions to the photo "I remember the day I got this for her, y'know. It was her birthday, we were at the drive in watching 'Boogie Nights' or something. I don't even remember. I pulled up in my Cadillac and got this deece spot, dead center, I have never been so lucky with parking in all my life"

He turns his gaze back to the photo, staring deeply into it as he continues rambling "I had got this for her earlier, from the Sports Card place down by Bleekers. The sticker price was 500 bucks but the guy there gouged me, charged me 750, because earlier that week I broke into his store to crash and sleep off some cans of preserved ochre I had taken on a bet. I paid the guy, anyway, absolutely broke the bank. It was so worth it, though, when I gave it to her"

"She was so excited, it was like Christmas, Halloween and New Years all rolled into one. She looked at me with this smile, this cute unassuming smile that was partially covered up by her hair and I thought to myself, I thought 'You know what? I could spend the rest of my life with this broad, no problem'. I didn't even realize until the movie was over."

Lovejoy sighs once more, returning the photo to its sleeve and placing it back into his jeans pocket. "I'm sorry, I interrupted you. What'd you say? Something about 'magic'?"

horngeek
2013-05-16, 03:54 AM
"Well, it's a moot point anyway, she's alive at least.

Right. Locations that are known for their magic but are otherwise not very mapped-out might be your best bet. Especially locations that have a reputation for being difficult to penetrate with scrying magic.

I'm pretty new to the Nexus myself, so I'm not exactly familiar with where that might be, but I can hit a library and find out."

FireFox
2013-05-17, 09:42 AM
That's only true if you don't count his dates from before he become an omnicidal maniac! :smalltongue:

"You're teaching him psychic stuff? I didn't know you knew how to do that." Huh. Reinholdt tries thinking of a specific colour to see if Tobias notices.

What? No, I said the important stuff. He's still young, so he needs a good, general education. Quinn is teaching him psychic stuff. Or at least, that's what Toby assumes. Doesn't it make sense that the one parent who knows psychic stuff would be teaching the kid?

Recaiden
2013-05-17, 12:40 PM
"I'm not an adventurer. Such things never caught my intressed. And I haven't thought about it much. My school grades where a little over average."

It's obviously that she didn't do much for that. It's obviously that she either passed school a bit ago or is in the last class.

"Grades aren't so important. It's all about the will behind them, you know?"
As if he wasn't a straight-A student.

"What do you care for outside academia, then?"

Morty
2013-05-17, 01:20 PM
Seeing as his conversation appears to be in thick deadtime, Dipsnig shakes if off and looks around to see what he's missed.

Reinholdt
2013-05-17, 03:56 PM
What? No, I said the important stuff. He's still young, so he needs a good, general education. Quinn is teaching him psychic stuff. Or at least, that's what Toby assumes. Doesn't it make sense that the one parent who knows psychic stuff would be teaching the kid?

"Doesn't Jamie still go to that one school for general education stuff?"

Reinholdt adjusts the sign, making it visible again.

Looking for Adventure. Treasure required.

Zefir
2013-05-18, 10:13 AM
"Grades aren't so important. It's all about the will behind them, you know?"
As if he wasn't a straight-A student.

"What do you care for outside academia, then?"

She can guess that he was an A Student. only those tell you that grades aren't important.

"Hmm. I can't remember what I did before the apocalypse, but I like to tumble around in the street." Well, the place is full of rubble so it's the only way to pass through it.

Recaiden
2013-05-18, 01:17 PM
She can guess that he was an A Student. only those tell you that grades aren't important.

"Hmm. I can't remember what I did before the apocalypse, but I like to tumble around in the street." Well, the place is full of rubble so it's the only way to pass through it.

"Can't remember? How long has it been? And maybe you could put on performances then. But it might take the fun of it away."

Atorre turns to regard the sign with some interest. Alas, he has no treasure to award questants.

FireFox
2013-05-18, 02:28 PM
Toby nods at Dipsnig politely. I don't think they've seen each other, much less conversed, in a year, but he respects NO's leader.
PACK? I have no idea. For all I know, that went the way of Aurora and... all those other things. He frowns and orders more vodka. I... I really don't know what goes on here any more.

Reinholdt
2013-05-18, 09:28 PM
"Uh-huh... how many people besides me do you talk to?" Reinholdt asks.
Hard to imagine not even knowing if your own daughter was going to school. In Rein's eyes, possibly even appalling.

FireFox
2013-05-18, 11:01 PM
... I never said not being involved was a bad thing. Quiet. Safe. He looks away.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-19, 02:31 AM
"Well, it's a moot point anyway, she's alive at least.

Right. Locations that are known for their magic but are otherwise not very mapped-out might be your best bet. Especially locations that have a reputation for being difficult to penetrate with scrying magic.

I'm pretty new to the Nexus myself, so I'm not exactly familiar with where that might be, but I can hit a library and find out."

"Right, the library! Kim loved books. But, wait, why would a library attempt to block scrying magic? Too many people trying to circumvent late fees?" Lovejoy's attempts to add joviality to the conversation are an attempt to cover up his mild humiliation at the apathetic response to his long winded anecdote.

horngeek
2013-05-19, 02:38 AM
"...actually, I meant so we could find somewhere that does block scrying magic, I didn't mean she was in a library..."

Zila thinks. "...although the basement of the Inside Central Library apparently has some wierd stuff going on." The Conjurer shrugs. "It might be worth a look."

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-19, 02:44 AM
"Weird stuff, what exactly? I haven't been in the Nexus long enough to really establish a "weird". Back where I come from "weird" is a sober Denny's waitress or an impromptu performance of Sinatra that doesn't end in a stabbing"

horngeek
2013-05-19, 03:15 AM
Zila chuckles as she stands. "Everything that ever existed or could exist in every world… and from the stories I've heard, it all meets here. The basement of the Inside Central Library apparently contains echoes of every library in it.

It's a long shot, but I'll be heading to the library anyway. If you want to come along…"

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-19, 03:46 AM
Hey, longshot is my middle name" Lovejoy says as he shuffles out of the booth "Well it was my nickname in highschool. And not for the reasons you just mentioned. Those kids were mean."

horngeek
2013-05-19, 04:48 AM
Zila tilts her head as she starts walking outside...

"What's High School?"

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-19, 05:48 AM
"It's like normal school but it's... high." Lovejoy motions with his hands as he continues talking "A lot of stairs, towers, tall faculty, students averaging 6-7 feet."

horngeek
2013-05-19, 06:04 AM
"...if they're that tall, they'd be at the age when they should be learning their trade from their parents. Different cultures, I suppose."

The Wizardess shrugs, as she opens the door...

{{I'll post in Inside?}}

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-19, 06:12 AM
{{Sure thing}}

"Well, 'parent' is more of a job title where I come from. At least, in my experience."

Zefir
2013-05-19, 07:04 AM
"Can't remember? How long has it been? And maybe you could put on performances then. But it might take the fun of it away."

Atorre turns to regard the sign with some interest. Alas, he has no treasure to award questants.

"Years. I didn't count them. It amkes me sad if I think back." Then she shrugs. " Right, performing doesn't sound good. Maybe I should start some internships to see what kind of job I can go for. I don't want to end as a cashier"

Recaiden
2013-05-19, 11:56 AM
"That's the spirit."
Atorre's pendant flickers slightly brighter orange for a moment as he smiles
"Actually, if you're into engineering or astronomy or gardening at all, we could have an opening. I could probably draw up an application form. It would make us decide on a provisional name, if nothing else."

"And meaning no offense, the Temple of Inari might have a place for you. I doubt they pay well, and we don't speak for them, but it's worth looking in to."

Reinholdt
2013-05-19, 12:40 PM
... I never said not being involved was a bad thing. Quiet. Safe. He looks away.

Reinholdt bites his lip a bit before taking the sign and turning it face down on the table. "Go home Tobias."