PDA

View Full Version : Lasting Life Feat Versus Speed of play

CyberThread
2013-04-15, 11:40 AM
If you have a player using Lasting Life feat, ((you get to roll to remove negative levels once per round)) and you are out of combat, should they continually roll dice until they beat and remove all negative levels, or should I just allow them to remove the levels once combat ends, and nothing is going on needing the players attention.

The Trickster
2013-04-15, 11:45 AM
I would say roll, because it keeps the suspense up in the game. If you let them just have the levels back, it will give them the sense that the danger has left. Keep them rolling, and they will think that more bad guys may be coming.

TuggyNE
2013-04-15, 07:25 PM
Just how long does it even take to roll a few more d20s? :smallconfused: It doesn't seem like it's worth shortcutting this.

Acanous
2013-04-15, 07:34 PM
Depends. If it's something he does at the end of the day, don't bother. If they KNOW they're safe, don't bother.

If Combat has JUST ended though, make him roll and keep them going in combat rounds.

Studoku
2013-04-15, 08:30 PM
What book is that feat from?

Cog
2013-04-15, 08:59 PM
I'd rule it as like taking twenty on a skill; rather than just sitting there and continuing to roll until you get a twenty - which is pretty boring for everybody, unless you've got an unusual crew - you take twenty times the original span of time and auto-succeed. Since Lasting Life requires a standard action, that's twenty times six seconds, or two minutes per negative level. Whenever the character has two minutes to set aside, I wouldn't require a roll.

Amphetryon
2013-04-15, 09:04 PM
What book is that feat from?

Google's very first hit says Libris Mortis.

Silva Stormrage
2013-04-16, 01:25 AM
Google's very first hit says Libris Mortis.

Yep page 28 Libris Mortis