PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Chain of Obeisance-centered Hextorite

nersxe
2013-04-15, 12:04 PM
Hey there. I'm making a character for a L12 campaign and need some help with the mechanics. The aim is a non-cleric build centered around the Chain of Obeisance:

Chains of Obeisance [Relic]
20,400g

Followers of Hextor prize these grisly weapons for keeping their prisoners subdued. A chain of obeisance functions as a +1 unholy spiked chain if you are lawful evil, neutral evil, or lawful neutral.

Relic Power: Despite its size and apparent unwieldiness, if you have established the proper divine connection, you can wield this weapon in a grapple as if it were a light weapon. If you pin your opponent while wielding a chain of obeisance, the foe must succeed on a DC 22 Will save or be dominated as by the dominate monster spell. No more than one creature can be dominated at a time; if you use this power on a second creature, the first effect ends.

To use the relic power, you must worship Hextor and either sacrifice a 7th-level divine spell slot or have the True Believer feat and at least 13 HD.

I know she won't be able to use the relic power just yet, and that's fine. I would, however, like to be prepared for next level when she'll get access to it.

The ideal here is a very devout non-cleric Hextorite who takes great pride in wielding the weapon of her god, whatever build that would entail. The Tome of Battle is not allowed in this campaign, nor are psionics. Paladins can be any of the variants, but can only multi-class to blackguard. Wealth is DMG standard for L12.

Flickerdart
2013-04-15, 12:22 PM
I would recommend Divine Crusader, with the Competition domain from the SpC (which Hextor offers), entered with Bear or Spirit Bear Totem Barbarian. Depending on the totem you choose, Barbarian 5/Fighter 2 or Barbarian 1/Fighter 6 would both make decent entries (CC Religion ranks hurt a bit, but not too much). After 2 levels of Divine Crusader, go into something that adds extra domains or spells (Conteplative and Prestige Paladin are pretty good for this). Divine Power and Righteous Might will keep your grapple hand strong, and the +1 bonus on opposed checks doesn't hurt. See if you can get turning through something so you can DMM Persist the spells.