PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Psicrystal questions

Sceluvia
2013-04-15, 02:15 PM
First of: i am new here so there are probably some mistakes in this post (sorry for that).

I want to play a Pathfinder Soulknife. starting level is not yet set.
I understand he qualify's for being a psion and he is able to get psionic feats.

other party members:
-A conjurer wizard in full-plate armor and every spell is under the still metamagic effect.
-A dragonrider with a golden dragon which he rides and shoots arrows from far away. and being our main transport for crossing ravines.
-a rogue which is crit focused with a scimitar orso for if he is not able to use SA.
-an monk tank

I want to get a psicrsytal mostly for OoC (out of combat) actions. For example let it take guard at night.

Question one:
I was wondering does he qualify for having a manifester level?
I wouldn't mind taking a psion level to get the manifester level otherwise. (or try to convince my DM).

Question two:
Are there any fun/good/evil/good/silly idea's i can use my psicrystal for?
I want to get (if possible) an expensive crystal to be my psicystal, so i can scam NPC's into thinking they got money. while actually it walks away after a purchase.
Alas my roleplaying with a psicystal is very limited.. Can anybody give me other idea's what to do with a psicystal?

Anything i can find on the internet is that it has HD and give it feats.. but as far as i read in pathfinder they don't get this.

restrictions from my DM:
It can only be from the pathfinder SRD website.
Power resistance and spell resistance will be treated as being the same.

Thank you in advance.

Renen
2013-04-15, 02:24 PM
I could be totally wrong, but I don't think he gets manifested levels. As such, no psycristal.

Sceluvia
2013-04-15, 02:31 PM
I could be totally wrong, but I don't think he gets manifested levels. As such, no psycristal.

Then i'll try to convince my DM in letting me have the feat.. or take a level psion to get it.

rollforeigninit
2013-04-15, 03:19 PM
You can always try the Gifted Blade archetype. They do gain manifested levels. I'm AFB just now but it does sacrifice psychic strike but id consider it worth it.

Chained Birds
2013-04-15, 03:40 PM
I second Gifted Blade (https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/gifted-blade) as the most useful Blade Skills don't really need Psychic Strike, and having Powers far exceeds a Xd8 boost to damage that you need to charge back up to use again.

Gifted Blade Power List (For convenience) (https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/psionics-unleashed/power-lists/power-list-gifted-blade)

Sceluvia
2013-04-16, 10:14 AM
I second Gifted Blade (https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/gifted-blade) as the most useful Blade Skills don't really need Psychic Strike, and having Powers far exceeds a Xd8 boost to damage that you need to charge back up to use again.

Gifted Blade Power List (For convenience) (https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/psionics-unleashed/power-lists/power-list-gifted-blade)

Ow cool that helps alot in not having to convince my DM. Aswell as keeping the rogue useful with his SA ability.

The following idea's where aloud by my DM:
1: i can get stuff cheaper by "selling" my psicrystal (details still have to be sorted out)
2: It could take our night guard duty for it doesn't need to sleep. Knowing my DM this will turn out for the worse at some point..

Do any of you have good idea's?

Than
2013-04-16, 02:41 PM
With manifester 5 the psicrystal gains telepathic speech. As with all telepathy, it can become your translator. Flight gives it the ability to scout. Self-propulsion gives you a fly on the wall (read: under the table) to watch a room and spy for you. As a diminutive object it can fit through much smaller spaces. Someone fall down a pit trap? Can't see the bottom? Send the psicrystal! Climb speed can always be useful.