PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Gestalt 'thuerge' PrC's

hisnamehere
2013-04-15, 02:38 PM
So I know all the dual-casting classes are right out.
But what about the single-casters plus other?

Specifically:
- Daggerspell Mage
- Unseen Seer
- Spellsword

I guess that's it. Especially Daggerspell Mage. Please?

StreamOfTheSky
2013-04-15, 06:12 PM
Since Arcane Trickster and Eldritch Knight are given as examples, I'm quite sure Unseen Seer and Spellsword are right out.

Daggerspell Mage I am less sure of, but it's questionable.

Mishkov
2013-04-15, 08:12 PM
So I know all the dual-casting classes are right out.
But what about the single-casters plus other?

Specifically:
- Daggerspell Mage
- Unseen Seer
- Spellsword

I guess that's it. Especially Daggerspell Mage. Please?

Just ask if those classes will break your campaign or not. Generally it won't, so I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think there's any outright rule against it.

hisnamehere
2013-04-15, 09:05 PM
Upon further investigation, I'd tend to agree that these are all disallowed in a gestalt campaign.
However, the unique abilities of the Daggerspell Mage are desirable for my build. So I was thinking of just removing the Sneak Attack from the PrC to make it more balanced.

turbo164
2013-04-15, 09:37 PM
Some people play it so that "combo" PRCs take up both halves of your Gestault, so you'd be Wiz3/[Theurge2] // Cleric3/[other half of Theurge2] at level 5, for example. In a lot of cases this will be weaker than Wiz5//Cleric5, but gives you access to the unique features like Daggercast or Companion Familiar (you just can't get a level of Barbarian *while* getting that PRC).

StreamOfTheSky
2013-04-15, 09:54 PM
Taking up both sides is worse than just advancing the two separate classes.

It's not necessarily as underpowered as using dual progression on one side is overpowered (2x casting progression! :smalleek: ), but it's still not a good idea. I'd rather just turn unique class features of the dual progression PrC's into a feat or feat chain that a gestalt of the type of classes that would normally enter the class meet the requirements for.

Skysaber
2013-04-16, 01:00 AM
Just gestalt some monsters, not even all of them, and suddenly things don't look so uneven anymore.

"Yes, of COURSE that Mind Flayer had cleric levels and used Divine Defiance to counter your spell as an immediate action. What do you expect?"

Don't forget intelligent monsters would be taking advantage of tricks as well.