PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Legacies

Feralventas
2013-04-15, 08:16 PM
Hey there playgrounders.

I'm currently looking into some Legacy items for my group. Are there any sources other than Weapons of Legacy and the Tome of Battle? I believe there's also one in Expidition to Castle Ravenloft, but I'm more in the market for non-weapon legacies.

I am aware that I can custom-build them if needed, but I'm of a mind that the pre-made ones can be inspiring some times.

DeltaEmil
2013-04-15, 08:38 PM
There is a published D&D supplement called Weapons of Legacy :smallsmile:
I believe OP does already know about this.

I'm currently looking into some Legacy items for my group. Are there any sources other than Weapons of Legacy and the Tome of Battle?

Crake
2013-04-15, 09:33 PM
There is a published D&D supplement called Weapons of Legacy :smallsmile:

congratulations on not reading the OP

rot42
2013-04-15, 10:45 PM
The Forge of War has three starting on page 125. No idea if they are any good.

Rahdjan
2013-04-15, 11:09 PM
Weapons of legacy does have non weapon legacy items

Phelix-Mu
2013-04-15, 11:14 PM
I believe that there is a legacy weapon in the Dragon Magic supplement.

Skysaber
2013-04-16, 12:21 AM
This adventure chain: Barrow of The Forgotten King has one, actually halfway decent (which is rare for legacy items) but it's a sword. It's sequel The Sinister Spire has another, a staff but metamagic and casting focused rather than melee. Final adventure in that trilogy Fortress of the Yuan-Ti has two more, a chain shirt and a shield.

My group were, uhm, shall we say unexcited to receive those as treasure when I ran the series?

From all the hype, you'd think they were minor artifacts. But the throw-away background treasure items, like a Pearl of Undercommon, were more consistently useful.

They actually had a fight over who had to take the staff, and the person who objected the least got stuck with it - with the promise that it didn't count against his share of the treasure.

If you are giving out Legacy items as rewards, be prepared if their reception is somewhat underwhelming. Or at least that's been my experience.

ericp65
2013-04-16, 09:35 PM
congratulations on not reading the OP

Rolled a 1. No excuse.

Amnestic
2013-04-16, 09:58 PM
I believe that there is a legacy weapon in the Dragon Magic supplement.

Helm, rather than a weapon.