PDA

View Full Version : A Question about the Aasimar Halo ability(Pathfinder)

Wolfswift
2013-04-15, 10:22 PM
So hey, I'm new, but I keep finding good info here about stuff I look up, so I decided to join here to ask this. I plan on making an Aasimar Oracle for an upcoming Pathfinder game, and I like the sound of the Halo ability, but I can't find specifics on the light it generates anywhere. It says...

"Some aasimars possess the ability to manifest halos. An aasimar with this racial trait can create light centered on her head at will as a spell-like ability. When using her halo, she gains a +2 circumstance bonus on Intimidate checks against evil creatures and on saving throws against becoming blinded or dazzled. This racial trait replaces the darkvision standard racial trait."

I like the flavor of it, since my oracle is going to be of the Life Mystery and with energy body will turn into a being of positive energy and all. She is all about light, and generating light at-will is cool, but is it akin to torchlight, sunrod light or what? I doubt it's free daylight or anything, but I just wanna know how good of light that it is. I'm pretty much assuming torchlight for now.

NamelessNPC
2013-04-16, 12:41 AM
I'd say it is not enough light to let her see in the dark, cause then it'll be pretty much strictly better than the darkvision you traded it for.

Keneth
2013-04-16, 01:11 AM
Actually, it's the light (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/light.html) spell, which you can use at will. So basically it sheds light as a torch.

NamelessNPC
2013-04-16, 01:17 AM
ah, the SRD doesn't have the link or the italics. Good catch

Cog
2013-04-16, 08:06 AM
I'd say it is not enough light to let her see in the dark, cause then it'll be pretty much strictly better than the darkvision you traded it for.
Light spells have a significant weakness with respect to alternate senses. Darkvision lets you see everybody else; glowing lights let everybody else see you.

Wolfswift
2013-04-16, 01:23 PM
Ah, thanks for the quick responses. I presumed it was like light, shedding light like a torch, but wasn't sure, it would make no sense for it to say it makes light then not make enough light to actually provide light... I know darkvision is better for being able to see and not be seen, but as an Oracle of the Life Mystery, and being all focused on light and life, I like the flavor for it, but I just hoped it could actually work as a lightsource even a little.

I think it'll be funny to be able to be the party lightsource, lol. My head lights the way!