PDA

View Full Version : Enlarge Person as Druid

Yogibear41
2013-04-16, 01:13 AM
Is their anyway to cast enlarge person as a druid? Even just getting it on the druids spell list would suffice to allow the use of wands. Or a similar effect/spell that increases a humanoids size.

Fyermind
2013-04-16, 01:50 AM
Not quite what you want, but aspect of the wolf lets you target yourself as an animal...

Anything that gets you an extra domain that can be used for the strength domain also works, but is probably a waste of a domain.

Crake
2013-04-16, 02:53 AM
A potion of enlarge person cost 50gp, an at will command word item of enlarge person costs 1800gp, a permanent item of enlarge person costs 4000gp

Demorden
2013-04-16, 11:54 AM
A potion of enlarge person cost 50gp, an at will command word item of enlarge person costs 1800gp, a permanent item of enlarge person costs 4000gp

Why then the "ring of growth" in Savage Species costs 18000, to get the same effect 1/day, max 9 minutes? Different price calculations 'cause that book is 3.0?

I'm curious 'cause I like both that and its opposite, the ring of shrinking, priced 3600. But if they should be cheaper, I'll be glad to update my sources! :smallbiggrin:

Vaz
2013-04-16, 11:58 AM
Bind vestige/Improved bind vestige or Binder 1 with Improved Binding for Karsus and get Wizard spell list for UMD.

Plus a bunch of other fun.

Edit- at above it might depend on caster level.

otakumick
2013-04-16, 12:31 PM
Why then the "ring of growth" in Savage Species costs 18000, to get the same effect 1/day, max 9 minutes? Different price calculations 'cause that book is 3.0?

I'm curious 'cause I like both that and its opposite, the ring of shrinking, priced 3600. But if they should be cheaper, I'll be glad to update my sources! :smallbiggrin:

The rings you refer to in savage species are more expensive because the effect targets that Enlarge person doesn't. or at least thats my interpretation.

Keld Denar
2013-04-16, 12:41 PM
3.0 Enlarge/Reduce were also different, where basically anything under CL5 was worthless. That's why the Potion of Enlarge in 3.5 costs what it does...because that was the CL you needed for it to be worthwhile in 3.0 and it was copy/pasta'd over with 3.5. If the belt has a duration of 9 minutes, then it was probably CL9, which would mean it would cost 9x as much as the belt Crake mentioned, or ~16,200g, with an extra 1800g tacked on because it affects "non-persons", or something.

Why do you want Enlarge Person as a druid? It would be nice for casting it on other people, sure, but on yourself it is nearly worthless past level 8 when you get Large Wildshape. Multiple magical effects that change your size don't stack, so if you cast Enlarge Person on yourself and then WSed into a Dire Wolf (which is Large), you wouldn't turn into a huge Dire Wolf, you would still just be a large Dire Wolf. Same thing if you reversed the order.

If you have a Wizard in the party, or a Cleric with the Str domain, just let them handle the enlargement of the party BDF.

Darrin
2013-04-16, 01:00 PM
Is their anyway to cast enlarge person as a druid? Even just getting it on the druids spell list would suffice to allow the use of wands.

Planar Druid 6 can take the Planar Touchstone feat, linked to the Catalogues of Enlightenment can get you the Magic domain power. That will let you use spell-trigger items such as wands.

Getting enlarge person on the druid's spell list is much trickier... unless your DM embraces a liberal interpretation of the Extra Spell feat.

Domain Draught might work temporarily, if you can add a domain first (via Divine Oracle, Seeker of the Misty Isle, Sovereigh Speaker, etc.), you could get access to the Stength domain for 24 hours.

Or a similar effect/spell that increases a humanoids size.

Hidden Talent -> expansion power.

Hmm... this one's a bit of a stretch, but Dragontouched + Draconic Heritage + Draconic Senses + Draconic Skin + Draconic Toughness + Draconic Legacy (Deep Dragon) would add alter self to your spell list, and you could get a size increase out of that. Extremely not worth it, though.

Not quite as convoluted would be to use Southern Magician (Races of Faerun), but you'd need to dip into an arcane class for that, or get creative with Magical Training + Versatile Spellcaster + Arcane Disciple (Strength Domain).