PDA

View Full Version : Spellcasting Lycanthropes

ACSherman
2013-04-16, 02:36 AM
I'm planning a seafaring campaign for the next school year, and one of the plots I'm thinking of is having a lycanthrope follow the party without them knowing it.

My plan to do this is by having a Were-Flock-Of-Seagulls (adapted from the Murder of Crows) Beguiller tail the ship/sit up in the crows nest/along the sails/etc. Knowing my group, they'd most likely adopt the seagulls as their symbol, and pulling the gulls to a plot point is something that they would enjoy once the big reveal is made.

Would he be able to cast spells while in his Flock-of-Seagulls form if he took Natural Spell? If not, does a feat exist that is like Natural Spell for Lycanthropes rather than Druids? If not even that, would homebrewing a feat for him to take be fine, or am I overlooking something?

Malrone
2013-04-16, 02:48 AM
iirc, Natural Spell only applies to a Druid's Wildshaping, and I'm unaware of any Lycanthropic variant. Going straight RAW, I would suppose that either this were-flock would need to combo Silent/Still spell, or be psionic.

Of course, nothing is preventing you from homebrewing something up, or just editing the text on Natural Spell. In any case, just be sure nothing is done unfairly, and it should all be peachy.

Crake
2013-04-16, 02:51 AM
Thread title is an oxymoron if I ever seen one.

NeoPhoenix0
2013-04-16, 02:57 AM
the feat you are looking for is Surrogate Spellcasting from Savage Species.

Yogibear41
2013-04-16, 08:00 PM
Faiths and Pantheons 3.0 book Feat: Lycanthropic Spell

Alternatively the Black Blood Hunter Prestige Class from players guide to Faerun page 177 allows you to at level 1 or level 2 of it, but it requires the feat vile attack so you have to be bad, also the feat requries that you have a natural attack that does at least 1d8 damage.