PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 - Need Help with Ideas for Thrall of Malcanthet PrC

RevenantBob
2013-04-16, 12:14 PM
Essentially from Dragon Magazine #353 there's a thrall of malcanthet, for people not familiar with it, here's a quick rundown:

Requirements:

Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Skills: Bluff 9 ranks, Diplomacy 9 ranks, Perform (any two) 5 ranks
Feats: Persuasive, Spell Focus (enchantment), Thrall to Demon (Malcanthet)

And the abilities:

SKills 6 + Int
1/2 Attack Bonus
Gains Spell Caster Levels on every level but 1, 5, 9 (7 total)
High Will Save
1d6 Sneak attack on 3, 6, 9 (3d6 total)
+1 Deflection AC per charisma bonus (To Class Level Maximum)

Telepathic Gaze (1st Level): Concentrate on a target within 100 feet that meet you gaze and gain +5 to bluff, diplomacy or intimidate on that target.

Betrayal (2nd Level): Attacking someone who believes you're an ally stuns them for 1d4 rounds (Will save to resist is 10 + Class Level + Cha).

Charming Voice (4th Level): You get +4 to Bluff, Diplomacy and Intimidate checks. DC for an language-dependent spells gains +1. 1/Day charm against creature of same type (Charm Monster).

Sinner's Beauty (5th Level): Gain 2 CHA, and 2 more at level 10.

Draining Kiss (5th Level): Kiss somebody who is willing or is grappled. Fortsave or gain negative 1 levels 3/day.

Reflect Enchantment (7th Level): Enchantment spells that she saves against can be reflected at the source 3 times/day.

Dominating Voice (8th Level): (Replaces Charming Voice) +8 on Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate. +2 DC on language spells. And use dominate monster 1/day.

Succubus Form (10th Level): Turn into a succubus for 1 hour 1/day.

+2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +6 Int, +4 Wis, +16 Cha
+9 natural ac
Wings that grant a fly speed of 50 feet (average)
Damage reduction 10/cold iron or good
Darkvision 60 feet
Immunity to electricity and poison
Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10
Spell resistance 18
She can use her draining kiss ability at will as long as she remains in this form; uses do not count against her regular limit of 3/day.

Essentially I want to go this class for the character's theme of being an eeeevil underling of somebody else that infiltrates and sows chaos. However, what the base class I want to go is up in the air.

The class was primarily meant for bards, but I've looked into Warlock as a possibility as well as others. I'd rather no got bard if I can help it. I really want to capitalize on the charisma and spell gains. The DM is generous enough to let me go whatever is written down somewhere in 3.5 universe of D&D.

So any ideas people have is welcome!

RevenantBob
2013-04-16, 01:59 PM
Gonna try a Hexblade.