PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed and dangerous.

Gharkash
2013-04-16, 02:00 PM
This is just a question about a specific bit on a concept that came to mind and i thought i should ask.

Let us say you have confined some one in a room/dungeon cell/whatever, for years. Everyday you beat on this individual. If we assume it survives, it will eventually learn to fight back. How would you build some one that learnt how to fight without formal training, without weapons and no sparring or practice, it was just fight back or die. Oldboy style (with less hypnotizing and more get-yo-ass-kicked-everyday-ing).

DeltaEmil
2013-04-16, 02:16 PM
It will try to learn how to either grapple, trip or bull rush an enemy into the wall and deal damage, because this would be the most effective way to fight when confined in a small place. Given enough practice, that individual will get the Improved Grapple, Improved Trip or Improved Bull Rush feat, and in the latter case, be a dungeoncrasher fighter.

Slipperychicken
2013-04-16, 02:18 PM
Honestly, that kind of treatment simply breaks people. They resign, become detached, and will say or do anything to make the pain stop. Once outside, they don't remember how the world works and have difficulty adjusting to normal life.

Prisoners usually manage to fashion shivs (any object they have access to, like toothbrushes, shards, spoons, forks, sharpened to have a point) and stab people with them. I think any combat ability would involve those, used as improvised Daggers.

gorfnab
2013-04-16, 02:19 PM
First Level -Whirling Frenzy (UA) Spirit Totem: Lion (CC) City Brawler (Drg 349) Barbarian.
Second Level - Wolf Totem (UA) Barbarian

Gharkash
2013-04-16, 02:29 PM
Honestly, that kind of treatment simply breaks people. They resign, become detached, and will say or do anything to make the pain stop. Once outside, they don't remember how the world works and have difficulty adjusting to normal life.

Prisoners usually manage to fashion shivs (any object they have access to, like toothbrushes, shards, spoons, forks, sharpened to have a point) and stab people with them. I think any combat ability would involve those, used as improvised Daggers.

Since we are in the realms of fantasy, we can assume that the need/will to survive prevails, so after a beating or two the subject starts to fight back, even if it fails at start.

The improved feats are not half bad an idea, and they lead to other good options. I cannot say i like the fighter idea that much though.

My first thought was some kind of barbarian too. Will check brawler out.

Urpriest
2013-04-16, 03:00 PM
I think the only way this person is going to fight back (even in a fantasy) is with a supreme effort of will. I'd suggest something psionic. Wilder fits pretty well.

Snowbluff
2013-04-16, 03:03 PM
Tashalatora could work. Toughen up your psionic with some training. I like Tash Psychic Warriors.

Unarmed Swordsaged could work as well.