PDA

View Full Version : Need prestige class for Muscley Mage. Any Ideas? PF/3.5

togapika
2013-04-16, 06:53 PM
Currently I rolled up a Suli sorceror in pathfinder with the Djinni bloodline, and since I had two rolled 16's I put one of them in strength to make full use of my racial stat bonuses. This means I ended up being one of the most muscular magi around. Add in to the mix my 18 charisma and the fact that I took the feat that adds strength bonus to intimidate...

To that end I was hoping to find some sort of prestige class for mages who DON'T neglect their physical attributes like most do, sort of a rewrites reality with a side of "Do you even lift?".

Anyone have any ideas, either Pathfinder or 3.5?

Waker
2013-04-16, 06:58 PM
Well, you could always use the Rage Mage from Complete Arcane. It isn't terribly impressive, but it is a somewhat muscley mage. Any number of the Gish classes could benefit from having mighty thews, like Abjurant Champion or Eldritch Knight.

BowStreetRunner
2013-04-16, 07:09 PM
STR and CHA? Sorcadin...

Paladin/Sorcerer/Spellsword, Abjurant Champion, Sacred Exorcist...

Zaq
2013-04-17, 02:23 AM
Jade Phoenix Mage, perhaps?

Pesimismrocks
2013-04-17, 02:41 AM
As an alternate option, the lost tradition feat from Bastards and Bloodline (If your DM will allow it) will let you play any spell casting class with Str as their main casting stat. This is however not PF, and it must be taken at character creation

Eslin
2013-04-17, 03:51 AM
Abjurant champion, and find something that lets you add divine power to your spell list.

Taveena
2013-04-17, 03:53 AM
Abjurant champion, and find something that lets you add divine power to your spell list.

Arcane Disciple for the Competition domain?

Fouredged Sword
2013-04-17, 07:52 AM
Yes, and divine power is low enough that it can be persisted eventually even without metamagic reducers. Or gained in wand form, your choice.

The Boz
2013-04-17, 07:54 AM
Eight posts, zero mentions of Dragon Disciple?
Really?

Deadline
2013-04-17, 09:29 AM
Really?

I suppose that since the OP mentioned PF, Dragon Disciple is a potentially viable option.

But seriously, why not just pick an awesome full BAB gish PrC, like Abjurant Champion, and be a Grapplemancer?

Deathkeeper
2013-04-17, 09:34 AM
Really?

OP mentioned using a Sorcerer Bloodline with Djinni bloodline. DD requires you have Draconic bloodline, so he'd have to edit his character in a way his GM might not allow by adding Crossblooded or substitute with Eldritch Heritage.