PDA

View Full Version : [E6] Enchanters: A new enterprise?

Chaosvii7
2013-04-16, 11:54 PM
Anyone who's played a Wizard in D&D has definitely skimmed the books and seen Enchantments lying around. Those who have played Wizard for more than 1 level know that Enchantment is most certainly not the best school of magic around after a certain point in the power curve. But what I've come today to suggest is, does E6 ever hit or pass that bump in the road - if not, does that mean that there is potential in focusing on Enchantment for E6 Wizards?

Those with experience, feel free to discuss. I suppose that after the initial discussion, it's totally alright for this to turn into "Enchanter's General" so we can talk up Enchanters more. Not that I feel particularly attached to the school, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any insight into this.

Stay Charming, Playgrounders.

Matticussama
2013-04-17, 12:00 AM
Well, Protection from Evil and Magic Circle Against Evil still protect against charms and compulsions, so unfortunately playing an Enchanter is still difficult in E6. Aside from those two, though, some of the additional protections against Enchantments aren't as common. It also means that items of continually active Protection from Evil or DMM Persist Protection from Evil will be less common, so that people will actually have to cast the spell and not have them on all the time.