PDA

View Full Version : Fists of Fury

Ace Nex
2013-04-17, 03:25 AM
So, I'm thinking about making an unarmed barbarian... but I have no idea how I would do that. I've looked up some guides and most point to frostrager or fist of the forest, but as for an exact build on feats and items I'm at a bit of a loss. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Krazzman
2013-04-17, 04:27 AM
Does it have to be unarmed or are you happy with "every" natural attack? If yes then a Barbarian/Totemist/TotemRager could be a cool way to accomplish this.

Otherwise feats I think you will need are:

Superior Unarmed Strike from ToB maybe Snap Kick too.
Improved Natural Attack (Unarmed Strike)
Maybe Versatile Unarmed Strike (?`dunno how it is called really from the top of my head, let's your UA count as P or S or B)

Gear:
Amulet of Mighty Fist or the other one with similar effect one of them is better...

There is more to it but I can't remember it fully...
Hope this helps.

Darrin
2013-04-17, 09:30 AM
So, I'm thinking about making an unarmed barbarian... but I have no idea how I would do that. I've looked up some guides and most point to frostrager or fist of the forest, but as for an exact build on feats and items I'm at a bit of a loss. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Is Dragon Magazine available? The "City Brawler" ACF from Dragon #349 is perfect for this sort of thing: Trade martial weapons/medium armor/shield proficiency for Improved Unarmed Strike, TWF (unarmed strike only), and reduce improvised penalty to -2.

If not, then consider Person_Man's Frozen Dwarf Hulk Smash!!! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50588) build.

Or if you want to go the non-Dwarf route:

Race: Desert Orc (Unearthed Arcana) or Frostblood Orc (Dragon Magic)
1) Battle Dancer 1. Feat: Great Fortitude. Bonus: Improved Unarmed Strike. Racial: Endurance.
2) Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 1. Swap Rage for Whirling Frenzy (Unearthed Arcana).
3) Fighter 1. Feat: Superior Unarmed Strike. Bonus: Power Attack.
4) Fighter 2. Bonus: Cleave.
5) Fist of the Forest 1.
6) Fist of the Forest 2. Feat: Snap Kick.
7) Fist of the Forest 3.
8) Stoneblessed 1.
9) Stoneblessed 2. Feat: Leap Attack.
10) Stoneblessed 3.
11) Deepwarden 1.
12) Deepwarden 2. Feat: Frozen Berserker (Frostburn).
13) Frostrager 1.
14) Frostrager 2.
15) Frostrager 3. Feat: Extra Rage.
16) Frostrager 4.
17) Frostrager 5.
18) Orc Paragon 1. Feat: Blazing Berserker (Sandstorm).
19) Orc Paragon 2.
20) Orc Paragon 3.